Sacramento - Community Center Theatre - 15th June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

BUY TICKETS

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy x
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
kuensukki
janice from the shop

I'm going to this one!! Yay lone ranger
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Have lots of fun and enjoy the show tonight kuensukki.
majitzu
angel bean

kuensukki wrote:I'm going to this one!! Yay lone ranger
Great. Have fun!
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

majitzu wrote:
kuensukki wrote:I'm going to this one!! Yay lone ranger
Great. Have fun!
Looking forward to your review
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Have a fantastic time, can't wait to read your review
kuensukki
janice from the shop

THAT WAS AN EXPERIENCE!!! I had spent the whole day in the State Capitol seeing a live filibuster on gun control this show was a huge contrast. I had actually run into phandom members early on in the day, and let me tell you, a lot of them are shy. Maybe I'm too forward but everyone I talked to barely made eye contact and were really quiet. It kinda made me nervous in the lobby when we got to the venue to get to know/talk to people. This was my very first fandom experience and it was very overwhelming. Llama hats, whiskers, eclipse shirts, bat shirts, DP masks all surrounded me. Girls crying and screaming and not breathing to a point where I was worried I needed to perform CPR- it was like a movie come to life. Anyway we didn't linger much and quickly found our seats. I was pleased to find they were center and perfect view People began singing and me and my friend also chimed in to FOB and breaking free :lol:. I actually bonded with a mom and dad, they were lovely and very supportive. One thing I noticed in the crowd was there were a lot of families that came to support which was lovely.

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING AND CHEESY AND I COULD'NT STOP SMILING LIKE A DORK. My cheeks literally hurt for how much I laughed. They spent so much effort, production, time It made my heart warm. When they first walked out, I needed a moment. Like no one prepares you, but seeing the boys IRL is so STRANGE. Like I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they were solid 3D beings. After the initial shock I fangirled like a 12 year old. Dan was so awkward and adorable with his hand on hips pose Everything about him screamed "mum" and his voice is SO HIGH PITCHED. I was like like this does not sound like Dan?! Also he so much meatier than Phil (in a good way)- that boy got some thighs and booty :butt: Now for full Phil trash mode I always thought Phil was gorgeous but PICTURES DON'T DO THIS BOY JUSTICE. His skin is flawless, his face and his hair really does contrast beautifully. He was like an angel and his voice, his dancing, his singing, his awkward little jumps and jokes were just ugh I get why Dan calls his smol because he really is tiny. He is so skinny but it suits him. I was feeling so fond of him throughout because he really did perform and I may have heart-eyes strongly (sorry Dan for eyeing your man). Also I was probably horny (why am I admitting this) or something because I really just wanted the boys to start making out. I don't know why but they looked so good next to each other and the phannie demon inside me let loose. :shock:

The show (this is detailed because my memory is pretty ace :D) DISCALIMER: I'M trash and pleased with anything....
We started off with them sending a no spoiler/no pictures warning. They came out and I could feel a vibration at the amount of screams. They did three facts about Sacramento hich for the life of me I couldn't remember. Then Phil told the microwave story and proceeded to begin singing. Dan stopped them and they did the 7 second challenge.

7second cahllenge: They did pretty standard stuff like animal noises and memes (on brand). Phil lost then did an all-or-nothing in which Dan had to be a whale impression and flop around. He didn't do it so Phil won the whole thing.

Phil's magic show- lovely- He did a trick with ribena, then made a bowling ball come out of a sketchbook and paper come out of his mouth. Dan was an amazing glamorous assitant and had me in stitches when he threw Phil's napkin in the crowd and said "you guys are disgusting" when fans reached for it Then Phil made Dan a llama/human hybrid and Dan left to sort it out.

Phil's Why I was a Weird Kid was gold- He told a story about how he wanted to break his arm, pretend to move, and become Fish man. The golden part was the audience though. This one girl would hover around her sleeping parents and attempt to open they're eyes when they were asleep

Dan did his internet support group! The first question was "why should we trust you to give advice" :lol: BURN! There were no boyfriend Japan ones just a girl who needed university advice and another who was a mom trying to break into youtube. He rick roll'ed and john cena'd us afterward.

Existential crisis bit really was sweet. I cringed at the actual crisis but having Phil use such a sweet calming tone towards Dan and trying to inspire him to get up got my phan heart beating

Then came the crafts- There were some great ones like a flower crown made of cans. Dan made an innuendo about a big D in the front of his shopping card. #bigdan is still alive and thriving.

I really enjoyed the fanfiction bit. Yes it was fanservice and cringey but I loved it. They were in cowboy costumes and it felt like I was watching Brokeback Mountain come to life. Phil drew Dan as a French women then the narrator got smutty and they ended it.

Dil came out and gave them a really sweet speech toward Deppy. I especially loved what he said to Dan because Dan really does deserve to be happy and his advice seemed to come from a personal place.

The last dance number was AMAZING. Phil is a great dancer, like he moves so well and his voice was very loud. I think Dan's mic had issue because I couldn't hear him as much but that's why Phil stood out more. The suits are so snazzy and they're cheesy dancing and goodbye were beautiful.
After the boys left I felt a little emotional. These are the boys that have brought me a family, an amazing fanbase that could make me smile, two boys that I love and obsess over but still make my day brighter. I could tell how much Deppy have put in and I really appreciate it. Then we left venue and funny story: in elevators we met a girl who screamed trash at everyone including us while we entered and when we left :shock: (the phadom irl is strange :lol: )

To sum it up I love the boys and they are really amazing and I'm glad I took the time to see it. They deserve all the kudos in the world for not half-assing it. I left with great memories and no regrets. If you are in the are please do see it Anyway the girl is right I am trash so I'm going to go watch some Deppy videos while curled in a blanket.

Y'all better appreciate this long ass review :platonic:
kuensukki
janice from the shop

^^I'm cringing at my awkward sentencing, misuse of they're/their, and grammar- please excuse me its late and I'm tired:cry:
annetamiau
lady door

Thanks for your review kuensukki! It was very good :D

(I really hope they do a European tour after reading about your experiences at TATINOF. At least Berlin or Paris please, don't make me go to Sweden, it's too far!!)
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
vincentian
hobbit hair

Thank you for the great review kuensukki, I love how emotional it is!
kuensukki wrote:full Phil trash mode I always thought Phil was gorgeous but PICTURES DON'T DO THIS BOY JUSTICE. His skin is flawless, his face and his hair really does contrast beautifully. He was like an angel and his voice, his dancing, his singing, his awkward little jumps and jokes were just ugh I get why Dan calls his smol because he really is tiny. He is so skinny but it suits him. I was feeling so fond of him throughout because he really did perform and I may have heart-eyes strongly (sorry Dan for eyeing your man).
This intrigues me, many people pointed that out in their reviews too, even having seen a lot of photos and videos of and probably familiar with every aspect of their appearances. And how do you notice that, I'm guessing you can't see them in detail from your seat unless you are sat in the first 3 rows or so or have binoculars.. Is it the dramatic scene lights and different angle/distance, or is Phil messing with us in his videos on purpose.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thank you for your review kuensukki, it was a lot of fun to read.
Glad that you enjoyed the show, and if they come to my country, I will definitely go.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

vincentian wrote:Thank you for the great review kuensukki, I love how emotional it is!
kuensukki wrote:full Phil trash mode I always thought Phil was gorgeous but PICTURES DON'T DO THIS BOY JUSTICE. His skin is flawless, his face and his hair really does contrast beautifully. He was like an angel and his voice, his dancing, his singing, his awkward little jumps and jokes were just ugh I get why Dan calls his smol because he really is tiny. He is so skinny but it suits him. I was feeling so fond of him throughout because he really did perform and I may have heart-eyes strongly (sorry Dan for eyeing your man).
This intrigues me, many people pointed that out in their reviews too, even having seen a lot of photos and videos of and probably familiar with every aspect of their appearances. And how do you notice that, I'm guessing you can't see them in detail from your seat unless you are sat in the first 3 rows or so or have binoculars.. Is it the dramatic scene lights and different angle/distance, or is Phil messing with us in his videos on purpose.
It's the dramatic lighting, Phil was literally glowing with his pale (flawless) skin. Also I always thought his angular face is interesting but seeing it live is really different. He really has beautiful contrast and a wonderful smile. Also he was charming and had more stage presence that I would imagine so that added to it.

They both looked more beautiful than I imagined. Dan was literally golden skinned and when he was sweating so near the end you got to see hobbit hair in all its glory
starlight-still
truth bomb

Thank you, thank you for the lovely review, kuensukki I can actually feel the joy and excitement and pure leaping off the page and am so glad you had a great experience!

I hope this encourages many of you out there on the fence to TATINOF it up if you get the chance

And thank you for your Phil section! I don't feel like such a weirdo anymore for being so in awe of him on stage
sweetmm
angel bean

I'm extremely happy for you to be able to catch TATINOF and above all to see Phil with your own eyes
kuensukki
janice from the shop

One more portion to add: (I had written a review and IDB refreshed so I forgot to put this in a second time)

I think the best part of the night was the phandom. Looking around I saw a group of misfits: people with unique personalities, hairstyles, temperaments all joined together in this wonderful community that is the phandom. Many have found a home here, a sanctuary to deal win their anxieties, fears and yet everyone was smiling and holding each other and being weird with no shame. It was like you entered a judgment free zone as that in itself was beautiful. It's amazing to see how far we have grown as a community from some tumblr twitter users that stan Dan or Phil to a full-blown community of strangers all united by the adoration we share towards two nerds. I think it really hit home for me how lucky these girls/guys are that they get to experience this sanctuary where there is nothing but love and acceptance
Philena
blobfish

Aww, an excellent and sugary sweet review kuensukki! Thanks for taking the time to write it
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

omg kuensukki what an amazing review
I love the Phil parts too! one trashcan to another
I'm not very coherent after reading this, it really hit me how I would love love love to see them irl some day but I doubt that will ever happen :wahh:
I really hope that people who are still deciding about going to see them live can read this, ppl: take the chance while you have it, take it from someone who probably will never have the option to, even if it's just to make sure you don't regret not going later on.
Thank you for talking in so many details about how they look irl and their stage presence, it really fits with what I thought of them but it gives a new dimension to it that feels quite personal after reading this.
I love how you talked about phandom, I teared up quite a bit on this bit, I encourage you to write it in some oficial review thing (do they have these, like on their website or the ticket sellers? That can help with the dvd, book, something?) because it's a beautiful perspective and more people should know about.
I shall leave now to go cry about it some more
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Thank you everyone for your comments I'm feeling emotional again :platonic:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Yay your review is amazing kuensukki. You're right, Phil is even more perfect irl than in videos! He's beautiful.
Winston
flower crown

kuensukki what a great review! I agreed with so much of it. It made me miss my own TATINOF experience. I will never have that again :cry: We are so used to being able to watch and rewatch all their stuff and now this show we can't and as soon as it was over all I wanted to do was watch it all over again. I am so glad you put in as much detail as you did, since it helped me remember specific things about it. :platonic:
vincentian wrote:Thank you for the great review kuensukki, I love how emotional it is!
The Phil irl thing. I thought the same thing! I am definitely more into Dan's looks on the YT but irl, Phil is surprisingly beautiful. I don't get it. Dan wasn't much different, aside from the awkward way he stands, which is mildly distracting, but Phil...I don't know what the hell happens via camera vs real, but he is gorgeous. Not only does he look amazing, but he moves so gracefully. He moves with so little effort and almost floats. It doesn't make any sense, but I was totally drawn more to Phil irl than I ever was to Dan. Don't get me wrong, they are both beautiful but Phil... if there is anyone still questioning whether or not they should go, they should just go to see Phil because there is no way to describe him and have people truly understand the actual gorgeousness that is Phil Lester.
actions speak louder than words