Toronto - Sony Centre - 7th May

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

bluntedclaws thank you so much for the review, I'm glad you had a good time :)

I much preferred the gold suits to the american flag ones, I agree that they definitely stood out more.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
iero
phabergé

bluntedclaws wrote:
So I saw the show last night and I'm so glad I went!
As somebody already confirmed, the merch was the same as the rest of the tour. i.e. covered in US flags. Most people didn't seem to care though. The lines were just as huge as everywhere else. (I didn't bother to get anything although I easily could have because they let me in before everyone else and the merch stand was already open for the VIP people.) No sign of Martyn and Cornelia. I guess they realize that they slow things down too much with everyone trying to talk to them. I wonder if they mind being forced to stay behind the scenes. I get the impression that they quite like meeting people as long as it's not causing chaos.
I was pleased to see that did make an effort to "Canadianize" the content of the show a bit. They went back to the gold sparkly suits for the dance routine and got rid of the mountain dew. They had bagged milk instead which was hilarious. Its a good thing only Dan had to drink it though.
The ISG segment was pretty meh, as was most of the crafty corner. Somebody submitted a really detailed "Canadian Phan" picture where Dan was a mountie and Phil was scared of a moose. There was one kinda funny craft. It was just a store-bought dog plushie with an elasticated doge mask on it. Dan tried to put the mask on but he snapped the elastic.
The fan fic part was cowboys and camping again of course. They wore those red maple leaf cowboy hats that the fan gave them in the M&G which was really cute.
In the weird kid segment, the only one I remember is a girl who said she put beads up her nose and had to go to the hospital to get them removed. This prompted a short Danecdote:
So when Dan was about 5 he was playing with a dog and balanced a bunch of little beads (the kind that you make pictures with and then melt with the iron) on the dog's nose. His grandma (or aunt maybe, i forget) caught him and told him it was dangerous as the dog might accidentally inhale them and asked him how he would feel if he got beads up his nose. Being an obnoxious and inquisitive little kid he decided to find out. He said he went into the bathroom and snorted about 15 beads. He had to have surgery to get them removed! :roll:
I was too far away to really see the more detailed bits of the magic segment which was a shame. I wish they could film that bit live and have it show up larger on the microwave so that people at the back can see what he's doing.
Overall it was a really great show. Phil's singing voice sounded good, the dance routine was great, they were funny and cute and everything I could have hoped for!
thanks for the review i like that they made it a little canadian
mez29
procrastinator

+1 to gold suits
bococop
not a first-time poster

I went to the Toronto show last night and I had a really great time :) The audience was super loud and cheerful and very supportive. The line before 7pm extended around the whole venue and hearing everyone go "OMG IT KEEPS GOING" was funny because the line was pretty nuts. So many flower crowns and whiskers. People wrote on the dusty windows things like MOIST AND DADDY PHIL AND PROTIP and took pics. Muse was playing when I walked in the theatre and I was just like 'thats so Dan", haha, it added to the excitement, as well as everyone joining in and singing literally every song. HSM was a nice touch and the song from Shrek playing as we left.
The boys did really well, I'd say :) When they leapt out of the microwave the atmosphere was insane, it was just super surprising to see them, irl, so exciting and nice.

The dance number was hilarious and charming, loved the gold outfits. Everyone was clapping and joining in and they did well keeping up the energy. There was also the cute little moment where D and P sort of stood back to back and just smiled at each other for a bit- which elicited some happy screams. Phil also fumbled and dropped his cane on the ground during the dance number and did a happy-embarrassed laugh, which was adorable and so very him.
The big Dil head was creepy as heck but it was such an enjoyable moment as he slowly walked towards the stage with his spotlight. Dil giving advice to the boys was sweet, especially Phil's and a lot of people cheered after that.
Old Dan and Phil twerking was great and everyone screamed when Phil just collapsed and Dan cried over him.

Dan drinking the bagged milk was pretty hilarious, he just sat there holding it causally as it was visibly leaking and dripping everywhere. I enjoyed that they gave them each separate time on stage, as much as I love them together, it was hard to know which to pay attention to :P Phil's bit was nice, loved seeing ginger kid Phil in many weird photoshops.
The story about the girl who stuck a slinky in her pants and tried to bounce down the stairs like Tigger was hilarious and Dan said something about never doing anything as crazy as that, even though he acted like Pooh Bear all the time when he was younger (btw, I'm paraphrasing I can't remember was they said exactly, lol)

Everyone exploded into laughter when JOHN CENA burst in during Uncle Dan's hotline section, as well as the rick roll leading dan to question who was responsible and p much everyone raised their hands.

In the crafty corner bit, someone made a shirt that says "I'm Always Lion" promoting Dan to do a little "why you always lying" moment. Loved the Dan and Phil grocery carts, 'NOT TROLLEYS' which everyone corrected, Phil's cart was suitably beautiful and sparkly. When Dan said "OH and mine... is just all black. Well it does have a big D on it" and everyone screamed, I loved it, bunch'a pervs :lol: and Dan did "ohhh, you PEOPLE" kinda line.

There's totally a lot of moments I feel like I'm already forgetting so if anyone else can share more please do :D and from the show tonight!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thank you so much for the review bococop.

It’s weird, but I like hearing about the little things that went wrong each show and how they handle those situations, it makes it more them.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Thanks bococop :platonic:
bococop
not a first-time poster

No problem :)