Why did nobody tell me that parrots can live to be 70 YEARS OLD? - 10 November 2019

Dan and Phil liveshows
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room

For posterity, the discussion of this liveshow starts in the main thread here.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
itasca00
moon room

It was good to see Phil, and I’m going to miss him the next couple of Sundays! But I’m also very happy that he’s making time for himself to take a vacation. Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed was that there was some annoying circus-sounding music playing in the background. Phil finally realizes this at [7:50], and he claims that no one in the chat told him about it. (This isn’t true, but I was surprised that more people in the chat didn't complain about it.) The best part of this saga happens when Phil reads someone’s comment in the chat saying, “We’re all clowns in here,” and Phil agrees that he’s also a clown. 🤡
  • [3:55] Phil shows us Norman Cam, which includes footage of the bubble nest Dan mentioned in the tweet below. Phil says Norman is making this nest because he’s happy and ready to mate with a lady betta fish. At [6:03], Phil is asked why he’s assuming Norman isn’t gay, and he admits that he doesn’t know, bringing up the news that a gay penguin couple are in the process of hatching their second egg.
  • [6:25] Phil talks about his new glitch hoodie merch.
  • [9:37] Phil says he has filmed his new video, and he thinks it will be out sometime “later next week.”
  • [11:29] Phil acknowledges the top fans, including one with the username “IMissDanAndPhilGames.” In response to this username, Phil says:
    P: Great name. Um, it’s always in our hearts.
    […]
    P: If you don’t know--Oh, a lot of you are saying, “What’s happened?” No, nothing’s happened! Uh, go watch my “Draw My Life” if you want more of an insight or the last DanAndPhilGAMES video. We’ve just put it on hiatus for a while. It might come back. It might come back as a different project. We’re just...letting it… We’re letting it sit for a while.
  • [12:44] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: A parrot has recently celebrated its seventieth birthday. Much like when he learned how long snails lived, Phil is shook by the fact that some parrots can live to be one hundred. Because of this story, we get to hear Phil say “Okay, boomer” (a new meme) at [15:42]. :lol:
  • [17:13] Phil reacts to one of his YouTube channel member’s comments saying that they thought chocolate milk came from brown cows. Phil thinks this is understandable, but he questions where all the strawberry and banana cows are.

He then tells a story about how he once got a Yazoo brand strawberry milk drink that had accidentally been flavored banana. I refuse to call flavored milk with an added thickening agent a “milkshake.” He was eight at the time, and he thought he might get a sticker or something if he wrote into them. But he didn’t end up writing them because he couldn’t resist enjoying the milk drink.

Phil tries to sell banana milk drink to people who haven’t had it by saying that it tastes like the artificial banana taste. 🤢 Despite its rarity in the US, I have had banana milk drink, and it's so gross, especially when compared to an actual banana milkshake made of milk, vanilla ice cream, and bananas blended together.
  • [24:12] Phil is asked, “How’s Dan’s fish?” and Phil retorts, “It’s a shared fish.” Phil thinks Norman has a personality. He talks to Norman, and he thinks Norman understands him in a way.
  • [25:34] Phil is asked if he has any tips for job interviews. He suggests preparing answers to common questions, and he suggests preparing some questions to ask about the job. When he was working at WHSmith, Phil asked his boss why he had been hired when there were so many other candidates, and his boss said that Phil asking questions about the job made him seem more interested in the position than the other candidates.
  • [27:04] Phil announces that he and Dan are going back to Japan for a vacation. They’re not just going to Tokyo this time; they’re going all over Japan, and Phil will be gone from YouNow for “a couple of weeks” due to the trip. Phil’s not going to vlog the trip, but there might be some pictures and Instagram Stories.
  • [29:59] Phil acknowledges his top fans again. This time “IMissDanAndPhilGames” has changed their name to “DanHowellismyhusband,” and they are the second top fan. Phil says the name of the first top fan, then says that “people have entered the mix” and names some lower top fans, skipping the second one. At [38:50], Phil says goodbye to his top fans, and he reads this username as “DanHowell’s.” 😬
  • [34:55] For the gaming segment this week, Phil returns to a game he previously played called Grow. Phil continues to find a way to work his new favorite subject into his liveshows. As with the last time he played this game, Phil says that the demon in the game makes poops that later turn into monsters. 💩