Phil Liveshow - 19 January 2020

Dan and Phil liveshows
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
itasca00
moon room

For posterity, the discussion of this liveshow in the main thread began here.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
itasca00
moon room

• [2:25] While filming his latest video, some of Phil’s responses to “Never have I ever...” prompts didn’t record. One such prompt was “Never have I ever eaten rotten food,” and he says his grandparents used to keep expired food in their house. He once ate half of a Cornetto before realizing it was four years expired, and he also realized that it must have been dropped on the floor because it had dog hair on it. His grandparents’ dog was a golden retriever named Bundle. Bundle used to bring people random objects from around the house and outside. :hearteyes:
  • [4:05] Phil is trying to clear out some of the clothes he doesn’t wear often from his closet, and he previously asked the chat to vote on whether they want him to keep or donate several articles of clothing. This part of the liveshow has been lost, but Phil does give a recap of the chat’s previous decisions.
  • [4:58] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: A man brought an emotional support rabbit (wearing a bow tie) on a flight with him in business class. The flight wasn’t full, so the rabbit was allowed to hop around in its own pod, and the flight attendant offered it snacks.
  • [7:40] Phil doesn’t think he would talk to a celebrity (even if it was Matt Bellamy) if he sat next to one on a plane because he wouldn’t want to be annoying.
  • [8:17] Phil just realized that he can read group chats on Instagram that he’s been invited into by fans. There’s even an option for him to view the messages in the group chats without letting the other group chat participants know. However, he has adamantly refused to look at any of these chats because he’s afraid of what he’ll find in them, and he doesn’t want to invade the chats’ privacy.
  • [11:18] Phil says he has “slightly dodgy” sinuses from smashing his face into a wall when he was a kid, so his sinuses can get air trapped in them. This happened once on a flight, and he was in 10/10 pain for the duration of the flight. It was like a really bad headache, but it also felt like his eyes were exploding out of his head.
  • [15:42] Phil’s shrimp have had five babies, and Phil is very excited.
  • [16:44] When he was young, Phil wanted to be an American called Zach. It was considered the coolest name back in the day.
  • [17:01] Phil openly admits to purposefully trying to drag the celebration of his birthday out for as long as possible, mainly to try to get more cake.
  • [18:17] Phil is still talking to Norman, and he’s trying to teach Norman that him tapping three times on the top of the tank means that it’s feeding time. However, Norman is so distracted by Phil that he doesn’t notice that the food has arrived. Can we blame Norman? Norman’s current tank is really hard to clean, so he might have to change it. But he doesn’t want to because it looks so nice.
  • [20:56] Phil’s parents are coming to London to catch a flight for a vacation. They’re not coming on Phil’s actual birthday. However, he thinks they’re coming for the full day of their flight, so they can visit and celebrate his birthday with him.
  • [21:20] For the gaming segment this week, Phil is playing Don’t Look at Me! It’s like Cards Against Humanity, but you use photos from your phone to react to the situation. Phil was sent this game, and the makers sent him cards with pictures of himself printed on them to play with instead.
  • [26:17] Phil says he has been yelled at on a plane. But then he remembers that it was actually Dan for dropping a suitcase on a man. :lol:
  • [27:49] Phil thinks Norman is bigger than when he got him, and he’s a good fish size now.