Phil liveshow - 5 October 2017 - Do I suit this beanie?

Dan and Phil liveshows
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:05 - "You can listen to this like a podcast." is the only thing close to a motto for Dan and Phil that has come out of 2017.
:27 - Straight in there with the new video spon. Gotta say, Dan did it with a little more pizazz. (Pizzaz? Pizaz? Pizzas?)
:55 - "I do like it," Phil says, in the voice of someone who doesn't really like it.
1:06 - He shows the back of the shirt and now I don't like it either. (Also, fun Phil facts: he's not one for a slogan on the back.)
1:30 - He would have been down for it if it had been a rhyme/a dad joke.
1:45 - He can't return the cheese outfit so he's going to save it for sexplay I mean a video.
2:02 - He thinks camo dungarees sound stupid, yet they suited him.
2:30 - He starts to come clean with his addiction to making the same camo joke every five minutes. (Also he might keep the dungarees.)
2:51 Other things he's keeping: the white trainers, a white jumper with sushi design that came too late for filming, the red shoes.
3:47 - He'll give the white ripped jeans to Dan. "I think they would suit him." He prefers the black ones for himself.
4:14 - Does not think he's a beanie person. I agree.
5:32 - He might do another one, for the next season of fashion. Spring/summer collection.
5:50 - He will not be wearing a sleeveless plaid shirt any time soon.
6:14 - He mentions the yellow Adventure Time hoodie. <3
6:43 - Shooting for the new Dan and Phil calendar. There's a theme and they're stepping it up this year with a photographer. Three days to actually shoot it.
8:35 - Phil turns paper shuffling into a weird almost phallic joke.
8:45 - DAPG promo/blooper reel announcement.
10:10 - Phil about to block someone on younow because they don't know what the gaming channel is.
11:54 - Weirdly long segment on rock paper scissors but it involves the cute domestic "we're on this wavelength" bit so it's okay.
14:50 - Weirdly long segment about brunch in which Phil is incredibly passionate about the waffle he had. Like, I know people joke about his breakfast food tweets being robot and bland but holy shit I hope in my life I love something as much as Phil loves sugary food.
18:04 - Passport photos chat.
19:21 - He reads out someone whose name sounds like Dan's and then clarifies it isn't Dan.
19:46 - He'd rather take his passport photo with a machine instead of a person because he finds the idea of telling someone he wants to retake the photo "intimidating."
20:29 - Holy shit I never realized how much Phil slouches to get in frame for the liveshows.
20:45 - I thought he was gonna do a hand soap haul, but it's only one soap. I want my money back.
21:52 - Someone asks Phil his video making process, holy shit it's a real question that isn't 'say hi to' or 'name my pet.'
22:27 - He relaxes his brain to get ideas. Does a bullet point list instead of scripting. Check the lighting, do preliminary edits the same day you record it when it's fresh in your mind. Title/thumbnail are most important things, grab people but don't be clickbaity.
24:15 - They've been vlogging some little bits of the calendar experience. (Not a ditl.)
24:38 - He got a new phone (iphone 8) because he got a new phone contract.
25:05 - He got a purple case. Excuse me while I wipe a tear away remembering back when he got a purple case and was afraid it didn't look manly enough and didn't use it for long. Now he wants us all to see his purple case.
27:36 - He had a caramelized pecan latte. It was pretty great.
27:55 - He likes a week of spoops.
29:33 - He might have some of his pale thighs on show. (Ripped black jeans.)
29:40 - Quacksack? I don't get it but Phil laughed.
29:53 - He does like puzzles, doesn't like jigaw ones even though he and his family used to do them in Portugal. He did one of his waifu Buffy's face.
31:05 - Phil can't remember what real time strategy games are called and says that Dan tells him but he's clearly not listening. The real Dan vs Phil: nagging boyfriend vs oblivious boyfriend.
31:35 - Dil's bday/Sims.
31:50 - Twenty seconds on Dil, two minutes on gaming merch spon. Get that money, Phil.
32:50 - Blade Runner. He only saw it studying it for media studies, which kind of ruined it. Has IMAX tickets for the sequel.
33:37 - Gerald's Game. Watch Phil's face as he realizes he's recommending something definitely for adults to his mostly child audience.
34:00 - Most horrific thing he's ever seen, both of them were [makes horrified gestures]. He's a different person.
34:20 - "Dan and I. Me and Dan. Let's just make our own language."
34:34 - AHS
34:40 - Kicked dan out of the lounge to watch Doctor Foster finale (which was sad).
35:40 - Riverdale. He thinks it's back too soon, needs his year off.
35:58 - I'll never understand why he likes Friends. Also goes on to talk about a few more tv shows/anime/etc.
37:15 - His mum sees months as colors.
37:31 - RIP Announcement Moose. ('our most prized possession')
38:50 - Things like homecoming are always better than you expect, and also no one cares about you. (What I take away from this: he's anxious/uncomfortable in tuxes.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:07 am :dogue: Dan and Misc Watch 2017 :haru:
Do I suit this beanie? (Oct 5, 2017)

Prompted Dan Mention
19:18 "Danyul Howell said- not the actual Daniel Howell- with a y and a u"
Unprompted Dan Mention
11:55 "I think there's a lot of skill to rock-paper-scissors, even though it's a random game. There's a lot of psyching each other out. Me and Dan use rock-paper-scissors to settle any kind of dispute, like if there's something both of us don't want to do, it is a rock-paper-scissors situation. And there's times, honestly, weeks on end when I'll win, and then there's weeks on end when Dan'll win, and I think it's because we've over-psyched each other. 'Cause we're on this wavelength where we're like 'I know what they're gonna do, but are they gonna trick the trick of what they usually do', which is then a double-trick, and then it's a triple-snek, and then the whole world falls apart."

33:30 "What else have I been watching? Me and Dan watched this thing on Netflix the other day, it was called Gerald's Game, which is a Stephen King book that I read when I was far too young to be reading it 'cause it's kind of a dodgy concept"
"But something happened in it that was so horrific, I think it's the most horrific thing I've ever seen, and both me and Dan were-- I wish we'd been filming our reactions-- we were literally just like [ :shock: ]."
34:20 (chat) Dan and I
"Dan and I. Me and Dan. Let's just make our own language."
-not sure how much of his response was just more reading of the chat
Neutral Dan Mention
0:35 "I made a video where you guys selected some outfits for me to wear, and then I wore them. Dan shortlisted them for me, so I didn't actually know what I was getting myself in for before I pressed record"
3:46 (about white jeans) "I said I'd give these to Dan, and I'm a man of my word, so he's gonna get these white ripped jeans. I think they would suit him."

6:45 "This week we are shooting for the new Dan and Phil calendar, and I'm so excited about it."
"Normally we just shoot the calendars ourselves, but this time we've stepped it up a gear and we've got help from loads of people, an actual photographer, and it's gonna be amazing. I'm really excited. It's taking 3 days to actually shoot it, as well, 'cause it's quite an elaborate idea."
-12 months of fairytale furries (if it is indeed Linda Blacker shooting it)

8:45 "DanAndPhilGAMES is almost at 3M subscribers!" blooper video will be released to celebrate when it happens
11:35 "So tomorrow is hopefully, if that happened, when it could come out"

31:50 "Also, we released some gaming merch. If I was a good YTer, I'd have them here to hold, but they're not here."
"If you go to danandphilshop.com you can check out the new gaming merch. That's not the only gaming merch we're ever gonna make, by the way. We've got other ideas bubbling. Maybe a mug, just saying. A mug that isn't your normal mug."
-I want a terrifying-Dil-head-from-tour shaped mug tbh

34:46 "I kicked Dan out of the lounge so I could watch the Doctor Foster finale" "which was super depressing. So if you were enjoying Dan's liveshow, I was just upstairs like..."
"So if you want to cry while watching something, watch Doctor Foster"
Miscellaneous
5:25 "I really liked making that video, actually. It was something a bit different, something out of my comfort zone. So I might do another one, at some point, not like straightaway. Maybe next time I run out of clothes."

8:20 "You don't have to get merch by the way, just watching our videos is nice enough. It's an optional thing, but I do hope people that want a calendar will like this calendar. So that's been happening. Also in the news- I feel like I should be shuffling papers-"
-rip internet news. wow I just got so sad so fast at the miming of paper shuffling, how dare you Phil

Unprompted Waffle Mention
15:15-16:30 "[wafffffffffffffffflllllllleeeee x9]"
17:05 "waffles"
17:09 "waffle"
17:12 "waffle"
17:26 "waffle"
17:32 "waffle"
17:35 "waffles"
17:41 "waffles"
17:44 "waffles"
17:47 "waffles"
22:03 "you've probably heard me waffle about this loads"
22:55 "waffling about stuff"
19:05 (about taking his passport photos) "It cost like 7 pounds; I didn't want to send it off and all that and then it fails, so I just went for the really serious [face] that looks like someone just stole my dog or something"
-he says '7 pounds' like it's a lot of money, bless his frugal heart

23:55 "[Titles and thumbnails] are one of the most important things. You have to think of something that's gonna grab people without being super clickbaity, 'cause you don't wanna be like 'I fell down the stairs!' if you just like tripped over a rock or something"
-did he apply the opposite of his advice to this video title? 'Do I suit this beanie?' is not his best work, I'm just saying

24:15 "it's not like a DITL or anything, but we've been vlogging some little bits of the calendar experience, so I'm gonna see what footage we get and I might turn that into a video. I don't know if it'll be on AP, but it might be on AP, I think some of it's really funny so far, so I'll see what we get tomorrow"

37:05 "Hi to the 'tastes like smell' groupchat. Are you a synesthesia groupchat? My mum has that."
"My mum sees numbers as colours-- or was it months? No, months, sorry. She sees months as colours, which is an unusual concept. I wish-- do I wish I had that? Or is it really distracting?"

37:30 (chat) Where'd the announcement moose go, or did I miss something
"I'm gonna level with you here. You know we moved house, well one of the boxes might have had a hole in it, and the announcement moose might have been at the bottom of that box. So, either I've unpacked him and I don't know where he is, or he's now wandering the streets looking for his owners."
:whiskers: Phinal Tally: said ‘Dan’ 15 times :whiskers:
~15/41.5 mins = 0.36 per min

:pancakes: said 'waffle' 20 times :pancakes:
~20/41.5 mins = 0.48 per min