THE QUICK DRAW MARSHMALLOW SHOWDOWN (8 Nov 2017)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

art in avatar by lily
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

0.05 - dan can't remember the name of the part of the gun he 'blew' was. phil gives him a knowing smile after 'blew' and then does a series of cute gun sound effects.
1.02 - phil: this is gonna end in blood shed, and dead daniels.
(dan has a sweet subtle reaction)
1.26 - smile amused by phil's ramblings about being so good at art
2.30 - flamingoes were dan's favourite animal as a child. he says this almost sadly. phil thinks they smell bad
3.05 - dan comically cranky
3.15 - phil sings 'hello hello baby'
3.19 - for some reason dan's cranky voice is just so comical to me. it's different to his gamer rage. more voice-cracky. 'it's not a knee!'
3.38 - dan pushes phil's chair out of excitement
3.45 - dan high pitched excited voice. 'yeah i did!'. pushes phil gently with his elbow
3.57 - phil tries to sabotage by softly squeezing dan's bicep. dan: oi oi oi oi... (big phil grin)
4.22 - whiny boyfriend dan, competitive phil
5.00 - phil shades Amercians
5.40 - high pitched dan mocking four legged birds. phil wants one of them tattooed in his back.
6.10 - dan: that's like a vibrator, or a hair dryer.
phil: or both at the same time.
(...thanks guys for identifying an anal toy - eg. with a curved handle/base - and thus forever painting that picture in our minds) (no hint of sarcasm, really, THANK you)
7.05 - dan gets extra voice-breaky at phil's attempt.
7.18 - dan picks up phils hand and moves it, presumably off the mouse so he can't just click to the next one, in an attempt to get him to slow down.
dan: 'are you still alive?'
phil: i'm trying. wait, just wait. zen, zen, zen. (wave hand motion).
he stutters briefly explaining his thinking behind the drawing.
this whole interaction is very interesting to me.
8.40 - dan is not a marshmallow fan.
9.48 - stuart little, lol.
9.50 - phil's arm on dans chair
10.03 - all or nothing teasing
10.25 - phil: get your breads out for the lads
11.08 - phil: i got really stressed then
11.15 - dan: underwear? what kind of underwear?
phil: (firmly, without hesitation) a thong!
dan draws a thong (quickly, without hesitation) ...without a back string. so assless, basically. from experience?
11.44 - singing together
11.52 - phil: wouldn't want to get those confused, would you? (dan pulls a face). #seahorse furries confirmed
12.06 - phil: i got nervous again, then.
12.22 - phil accidentally opens Save As. their desktop shows it's Monday 6/11/2017, at 6.37pm.
12.10 - high pitched dan voice
12.17 - dan: yoga? downward dog, do it! go, go! (i see a hint of a repressed smile)
12.33 - genuine non-over acted response here, dan is beaten and phil is ecstatic. gives a big toothy clenched winning face (lol) that we don't see often. dan gives a pursed grin that is not his prissy face. he looks happy for him.
12.43 - phil hides cutely behind his fists, totally immersed.
13.18 - dan mocking phil pretty mercifully but it's so funny.
13.32 - jumpcut and dan is eating the marshmallows, phil begs for some, steals some, then dan throws them at him dramatically and starts faux yelling. this entire interaction is just delightful, silly, unselfconscious playfulness with a hint of flirting. phil is especially animated and cheeky and enjoying himself.
14.45 - phil asks dan if they're in the end screen, and dan is surprised. this just perfectly summarises a video where it felt like they were at that delirious, happy stage of being over-tired; the professional act is dropped and their reactions aren't manufactured. significant lack of 'presenter Dan' voice i noted. breaking the 4th wall by asking about the end screen feels like an influence from doing the gaming livestreams, also.
art in avatar by lily