FAST AND FURRYOUS! - Dan and Phil play: Sonic Mania (17 Sep 2017)

Videos posted on the DanAndPhilGAMES channel
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

art in avatar by lily
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

0.25 - excited fast nerd talking about sonic.
0.47 - they insert a clip of 2010 sonic gaming!!!! arghh the 4th wall
dan: tragic. i mean...glow up.
phil: wow. look at that hair.
1.05 - dan is disturbed by phil's gaming icon, which phil is proud of. funny resigned '...okay'
1.10 - phil asks what the Sega sound clip makes dan feel, flashback to 2010 video.
1.25 - nerd talk, dan appreciates pixel art in games.
1.33 - cute campy exchange, phil waggles his finger sassily. dan: nah-uh, can't touch this honey! [slaps table, presumably in lieu of his body]
1.45 - phil: i'm Sonic! you're Tails.
dan: [defiantly] i like playing Tails, cause it's closer to my furs-[cuts himself off] [looks at camera for a second, self-aware?] what was that dan? closer to your fursona? was he expecting a potential jumpcut there in post, or did he intend that lack of follow-through for comedy?
1.54 - phil seems either uncomfortable or bored at dan saying he roleplayed sonic with his friend as a child. view goes back to small-screen and dan appears bashful, priss-faced, looks to the side at the monitor. very adorable.
2.33 - phil excited dancing to music
2.40 - dan admits he's too young to remember the first sonic game and experience nostalgia. phil: I'm not. [pulls cute sheepish face, but smiles at himself, unashamed] [dan laughs]
2.54 - phil is competitive and rather aggressive towards dan's role, lol. 'keep up, biatch! pop that, do something useful.' [impatient] 'jump on it.'
3.18 - [to dan, clearly feeling useless] phil: just hang out with me.
dan: i'm just here for moral support.
phil: you're like...my soux chef.
dan: okay...for goddsake [rolls eyes] phil after this Overcooked video...
phil: [kindly] we can take it in turns.
3.47 - phil: just stick with me, man. (has phil ever called him man before?)
4.35 - dan tries to say the games are really hard and not that enjoyable, phil interrupts him, succeeding
5.10 - dan's character can't play the cut screen, 'that's fine i don't want to, i'm here to support you like a supportive friend...'
5.13 - phil: is this vaporwave or sea punk?
dan: [finally has something to contribute] um, well they're kind of very similar sub-genres...
phil: [bemused] just gimme a yes or a no
dan: [interesting facial expression] it's kind of both...it's incredibly aesthetically pleasing
5.28 - filthy talk of blue balls. dan: blue balls Sonic! he's not gonna get in...
phil: don't finish that sentence!
5.40 - phil: he's comin' round the mountain when he *comes* [emphasis]. flithbag, utterly.
5.50 - phil: i can taste that emeraldussy
dan: [high pitched] what is wrong with y- delet Phil honestly, okay... (clearly flustered by Phil's boldness today)
6.03 - they high five.
phil: that was awkward.
dan tries to stare at him with an evil eye but can't hold it when phil meets his gaze, share adoooorable grins.
6.36 - more blue balls talk.
dan: wow, this person really loves holding out for Sonic, huh.
6.53 - phil: I ballsed it!
7.13 - dan: for goddsake lester!
7.35 - both bop to the michael jackson-penned song
7.55 - phil does his 'i am the mast-aaa!' when he's good at a game, dan is suitably impressed. dan: you've peaked on the gaming channel.
8.05 - phil: tokey ding-dong
8.07 - dan messes up
phil: dan. you are the worst fox i've ever met. [mini priss face]
8.36 - their characters touch faces. dan: now make out!
8.45 - phil impresses again with his sonic facts.
dan: do you have a secret deviantArt account where you draw Sonic?
phil: i do. i draw Sonic in various situations...
(is more interested in telling story about childhood friend) (tell us more about this art, phil)
8.58 - phil offers to swap 'cause like, you're not really doing anything...'
dan: i feel like i'm shit, so i really just like you being Sonic. (this is the second time in as many weeks that dan has drawn attention to his skills in gaming in some way, the other being he's not actually more talented but just practices for more hours than Phil)
phil: see i'm a nice person who shares. dan: (quietly, sarcastically) only because this is being filmed
9.08 - phil starts to sing 'show me that -ussy', cuts himself off. phil: oh, shut up! what have you done to me with that thing.
dan: of all the things that could be stuck in your head, that inappropriate ditty is the least on-brand thing for you to...
10.01 - dan: [word flub] boner, bonus!
phil: boner?!
10.10 - phil: dan, don't even breathe. i said don't breathe! i heard a breath.
10.30 - phil sticks his tongue out in concentration. dan asks what the Sonic universe is, Phil answers very firmly and knowledgeably. dan: so it's like a pro-environmentalist message?
Phil pulls a face. 'yyyeah, save the animals...'
11.00 - both heartily mock 'bro', as they've done before, i presume in reference to themselves not being each other's bro. 'braaah'. dan: bros who brunch.
phil: ASS! dan: (mimicking) ass, said phil, in exclamation of pure terror.
phil: ass! [laughs at himself]
11.25 - phil trolls dan with a fake Sonic fact. dan, childlike: no its not...no its not...[gets laptop to check]. cuuuute. phil pulls the wool over dan's eyes a little too easily sometimes, hopefully he doesn't abuse this amusing ability
11.38 - phil: what is this for, a little hide-away...
dan: a little nook, for doing sssecret things.
phil: what does Sonic do in his spare time? [little smile]
this exchange seems suggestive.
11.55 - dan: dan's ball time!
12.13 - phil sings improv in his baritone.
12.23 - dan fucks up, voice goes high pitched whiny. 2010sonic!flashback to dan baby-talking 'he wasn't running!' (1.00 in 'WALL OF DOOOOOM' /watch?v=g8JijOqoOGU). phil reacts calmly. some things never change!
12.40 - phil: uh-oh daddy's home
dan: okay, someone's making up for something.
phil: that is very penis-y
13.00 - dan: i've mounted the dong
phil: mount him!
phil: i'm in his butt!
dan: okay i've taken damage. i've taken one whole damage.
(the. fuck. is this exchange. dan's character mounted phil's characters 'dong'?! phil is in dan's character's butt?!)
13.10 - dan: 'look, I feel like me getting to play as Tails and being literally invincible kinda trivialises this whole game, but i'm here for it. because it's about you know, the environmental message, appreciating some pixel art, and slowly indoctrinating our youth into a life of sin.'
okay dan, i'm no stranger to rolling my eyes at your monologues but i admit this was quick and made me laugh.
13.40 - dan does a facial expression and silly hand/arm movement that reminds me of old school videos, a younger dan, for some reason. anyone else?
phil: we should adopt him us our new pet.
[dan stops and turns to look at him].
phil: [trying to recover?] or our new caddy lad. wrong video. (dan's face during this is hilarious...just trying to suppress a smile, dryly). phil: [laughs nervously] okay.
uhhh...so is this actual public pet-sharing anxiety or furry commentary on pet/human sub play or both (amazing achievement phil, lol)
14.00 - both groove to the music
14.08 - phil is addicted.
they look at one another and share another eye-crinkly grin. gah, it is a balm to my soul...
14.25 - phil: has it made you want to put on a full fox suit and spin around in the sky? [looks at camera, smiles]
dan: yes, which is what Sega was founded to accomplish. [priss face]
phil: yuh.
dan: yup. [priss face]
phil: yeah. so. no it wasn't. don't sue us.
[dan, mouth open, can't think of something to say quickly enough, lets the moment pass]
amazing. incredible.
they are murdering me with the furry talk.
14.53 - dan: what other inappropriate jokes will Phil, shockingly make to disgust us all?
(they've not acknowledged Phil makes innuendos this blatantly before, have they?)
Phil: [quickly] who knows. so-
14.58 - [realises he's on autopilot] phil: are we doing the end screen?
dan: yeah...
phil: [pretends he is trapped in the screen box]
they rush to finish.
art in avatar by lily
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:08 - We're not even into double digit seconds with this video and it's about furries.
:38 - Flashback to 2010 Dan and Phil playing Sonic.
1:26 - Dan waxing poetic about pixel art. (Phil asks if Sonic is waving his finger 'no' or a sassy 'yes'.)
1:49 - Dan likes playing Tails because it's closer to his furso-
1:53 - Dan talks about when he was eight roleplaying as a psychic Hedgehog.
2:40 - Dan is too young to remember the first Sonic game. Phil is not. (He makes a face.)
2:55 - "So keep up, biatch." And this is the moment I knew I was going to love this video.
4:26 - Phil misses a secret and says his six year old self would not be pleased.
4:38 - Dan starts to talk about how these games are hard and not enjoyable.
5:05 - Phil plays a bonus level and Dan says he's just there to support Phil.
5:30 - So much ball talk. Blue balls. Phil tries to stop Dan from finishing a sentence, and then moments later sings "He'll be coming 'round the mountain when he comes." and then talks about tasting an emeraldussy. Dude, you should have just let Dan talk.
6:32 - I love Dan asking Phil to explain things.
6:35 - More blue balls jokes: "Wow, this person really loves holding out for Sonic. "Yeah."
6:42 - "You get those blue balls, Phil."
6:58 - Dan bragging about Phil's pro skills.
7:12- Phil: "My spine is tingling... in a bad way."
7:17 - Dan: "What, metaphorically, is happening with Sonic being blue balled in this alternate dimension?" "Phil: He's having a fever dream, he doesn't know where he is."
7:46 - This level is giving Phil motion sickness.
7:55 - Dan says Phil has peaked.
8:06 - Phil says "Tokey-dingdong." oh no it's contagious
8:34 - Dan: "Now make out."
8:42 - Dan is impressed by how much Phil knows about Sonic, asks if Phil has a secret Deviant account. Phil says he does.
8:58 - Phil asks Dan if he wants to swap since Dan isn't doing anything, Dan wants Phil to keep playing.
9:06 - Phil: "See, I'm a nice person that shares." Dan:[muttering]"Only because this is being filmed."
9:08 - Phil starts to sing "show me..." and Dan comments how not on brand that ditty being stuck in Phil's head is.
10:02 - Dan misspeaks "bonus" as "boner" and Phil repeats him.
10:10 - Phil tells Dan to stop breathing. Snarky snarky.
10:52 - Fricky frack, we can't go back.
11:02 - Bruh. Brah. BRUH. Bros who brunch.
11:17 - Phil says Quiz in the DAPC voice, trolls Dan about Robotnik's name.
11:43 - "What does Sonic do in his spare time?" Phil asking Dan in a soft kind of flirty voice.
12:27 - Screechy Dan makes a cameo when he messes up the ball level, momentarily turns pouty.
12:53 - How do I even timestamp a minute's worth of anal sex references? Phil says it looks like a penis, Dan says he mounts the dong, Phil says mount him, Phil says 'I'm in his butt,' Dan says 'I've taken one hole damage.'
13:33 - Forty seconds after riding the dong, Dan says he's had a wholesome time playing.
13:44 - Phil wants to adopt a character as "our new pet" and then changes it to caddy lad. Not sure what that change was meant to do... is dirty safer than domestic?
14:27 - The game makes Dan want to pur a fursuit on. (A question posed by Phil.)
14:34 - "No it wasn't. Don't sue us."
14:53 - "What other inappropriate jokes will Phil shockingly make to disgust us all?" Dan acknowledging Phil's filthy mind/mouth... interesting.