simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:30 pm I decided a while ago not to hope for Phil to do any solo baking because I thought he was too wary of the backlash he’d get. So this video was a wholly unexpected surprise, and I’m so glad he decided to just go for it! Here are my highlights:
  • [0:23] Phil shares his feelings for Paul Hollywood:
    P: I don’t want the steely glaze [sic] of Paul Hollywood. Maybe I do. I don’t know. I can never decide.
  • [0:29] Phil explains Dan’s absence:
    P: As it’s out of season, this is my first time baking on this channel without Dan.
  • [1:21] Phil encourages everyone to use their imaginations:
    P: I’ve got some Unicorn Confetti. What part of the unicorn did this come from? Did it poop it out? Did it cry it out? Did it come out of another bodily function?
  • [3:38] When he turned seven, Phil’s parents made him a computer cake, and he also had a person dressed up in a...rabbit(?) fursuit at his party. Phil shows photos of both the cake and the fursuit.
  • [5:17] Phil cracks himself up: :lol:
    P: “That was quite a good crack, Phil!” “Thanks, Phil.” Enjoying my own crack. *laughs*
  • [7:13] Phil adds an ASMR segment to the video. It is horrible (as always) and goes on for far too long.
  • [8:36] Phil calls attention to the fact that his Siri sounds like an Irish man. 🇮🇪
  • [8:40] Phil shows the front of the oven, and the reflection shows all of Dan and Phil’s old dining chairs.
  • [8:49] Phil sidesteps into the shot while hunched over and saying “update” in a weird voice. Surely, this is a reference to something, but, without knowing the reference, it looks like Phil might be completely insane.
  • [9:40] This is a quote about baking and nothing else:
    P: I’m gonna keep an eye on it, and then, when I feel like it’s ready, I’ll stick my thing in the middle.
  • [9:45] Phil poses for the camera. :lol:
  • [9:50] Phil has stuck his foot up on the counter. I think waiting for his cake to bake is actually driving him insane.
  • [10:17] Phil outs his cake: 🏳️‍🌈
    P: Time to come out. You’re gay!
  • [12:06] Why do I get the feeling that this isn’t Phil’s first time doing this?
    P: It says, “Massage the icing before you use it.” Shall I do it sensually? Do you want me to get you right between the shoulder blades? *spanks the icing*
  • [12:36] Phil shows off his fully decorated cake. 🎂
  • [13:06] Phil takes his first bite of the cake (v glamorous), and he’s immediately impressed by how well it has turned out.
  • [13:57] Phil says he’s cleaned up some of the mess because it was stressing him out, but I like to think that he was actually stressed out by the thought of Dan discovering the mess before he’d had a chance to clean it up.
  • [14:50] Phil uses an expression I had never heard before:
    P: I had the feeling in my water.
    Apparently, it’s similar to “I felt it in my bones” or “I had a gut feeling.”
  • Once again, Phil has put two links to the Dan and Phil Shop in the video description.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?