Manchester - The Lowry - 15th May

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Me and most likely sparkle ! :sparkle:
Aiming for VIP tickets. Anyone else going?
susan2
rainbow nerd

thephandommenace wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 pm Me and most likely sparkle ! :sparkle:
I'm thinking about Salford too :D

Though the venue isn't making the page with the info available until 4pm :facepalm2:
(So for my stress levels I'm now wondering if I might just be better trying for another location instead!)
thephandommenace
procrastinator

susan2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 am
thephandommenace wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 pm Me and most likely sparkle ! :sparkle:

Though the venue isn't making the page with the info available until 4pm :facepalm2:
(So for my stress levels I'm now wondering if I might just be better trying for another location instead!)
Woo! Did you decide on Salford in the end? :D
Got VIP tickets! :cheer: So I'll definitely be there. Thankfully it wasn't me booking them otherwise it'd have probably flopped :?
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Well Me and my sister got Vip tickets for Manchester. Got to work out how we are getting there (live outside Birmingham).

I don't think it has quite hit me yet that we are going to meet them!! Might hit me on 13th May.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
susan2
rainbow nerd

thephandommenace wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Got VIP tickets! :cheer: So I'll definitely be there. Thankfully it wasn't me booking them otherwise it'd have probably flopped :?
YAY - hope you have a fab time!! :babuse:
I tried but ended up going for Edinburgh and Glasgow instead in the end as The Lowry website was just freezing for me.
thephandommenace
procrastinator

susan2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 pm
thephandommenace wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm

YAY - hope you have a fab time!! :babuse:
I tried but ended up going for Edinburgh and Glasgow instead in the end as The Lowry website was just freezing for me.
Awww! Well at least you're seeing it somewhere :D hope you have a great time!!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

sparkle wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 am If this isn't allowed here feel free to move it but...

I MET THEM AND IT WAS AMAZING OMG :dead:
They're so, so nice in person. We were one of the last people to meet them (I was number 103) and a group of us got taken into the room where the M&G was happening and they came out from behind their backdrop and thanked us all for coming and Dan said 'nice hat' to me (thank you to @thephandommenace for the early 23rd birthday present that got senpai to notice me). Can I just say the Phil's glo up is so much more evident in person?! Fucking hell.

I went up with my girlfriend (the infinitely more photogenic one of us who isn't wearing the lion hat) and they hugged both of us, thanked us for coming, and asked what we wanted signing. Then I asked if I could say something to them and said thank you to Phil for making videos because after a really bad mental health night in August 2012 my friend showed me an AmazingPhil video and said it was impossible to be sad when watching his videos and thats something I still stand behind 6 years later and he said thank you and was just so sweet :garbage:. And Dan was pretty much beaming at him and then I said thank you to Dan for talking about his mental health and dropping out of university because it inspired me to tell my mum I was dropping out and going to the University of Manchester and that was the best decision of my life because I met my girlfriend there. And he looked really touched that I said that to him and then my fucking girlfriend had to tell Dan I asked her out with a meme of him...

...and because its Daniel Howell he was like 'oh my god what meme' so I showed him and he was like 'oh my god what have I done to the world' :lol: and then he asked us if we wanted photos and he took the one decent one (minus my fucking moonface - I need to lose weight fml) where they both look STUNNING and then a second one where he somehow captured me laughing so hard I was full on blepping :facepalm2: and then they said bye and we got our VIP bags and waited for our friends to be done.

And because @somethingsketchy is amazing for her photo we got a group photo with the 6 of us and Dan was like 'even my arms aren't long enough for this one' and got one of the crew to take the picture for us. I said something like 'I'm the shortest so I'll get to the front' and Dan was like 'I'm tall so I'll get to the back' and we got a group picture with Dans fucking peace sign in it :lol: I am truly blessed. (he even mentioned doing the awkward peace sign)

Honestly it was amazing. Like they're both so tall and huggable (but you didnt need me to say that and I'm glad I didnt say that to them) and they're very, very sweet in person. And Dan had stubble that wasn't visible in pictures so what I'm saying is that its a good job Phil wasn't wearing his glasses because otherwise I would have literally died.

and we had front row tickets to the show as well which was just incredible. I was nearly fucking crying laughing in parts, especially because (putting under a spoiler but its not really a spoiler?)
Dan legitimately accidentally kicked the stage and I thought he was going to fall over at one point
and the ACTUAL spoilers - including an Infinity War Spoiler...
DAN WITH THE TRUTH BOMBS ABOUT THE LOKI AND THOR FAN FICTION like you could hear the crowd be like 'oh my god no' when he said that'll be sad now :lol:

and the bit with the beach ball was amazing because I ended up with the 'G' from Purple Gimp

and HOW THE FUCK DID DAN NOT KNOW WHAT PHIL GOT HIS MUM FOR MOTHERS DAY 2006 - me and the girl next to me were like 'its a monkey in a cage' 'DANIEL ITS A MONKEY IN A CAGE'

oh and I will forever be in love with how Phil got a slingshot and bow and arrow mixed up. Iconic.

AND HOW DID I FORGET. The beginning sequence. Yes. Yes. Yes. YES. The amount of Phan satire I am living.
all together yesterday can be summed up best in the words of Dan Howell,

and I am so, so grateful to Dan and Phil and their entire team for making the experience so wonderful.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Quoting myself from the main thread:
somethingsketchy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:51 am I feel like I would be doing a disservice to the world and myself if I didn't share anything about my experience at the second Manchester show last week. I'm sorry I'm this late to the party, but I was still on holiday in the UK for a week after the show, so I haven't had time to properly keep up with, let alone post to, IDB. Now I'm unfortunately back at home and feel like reliving the good times I had while travelling.

I have serious holes in my recollection of what happened during the meet-and-greet because I panicked as soon as I turned around the corner to meet them and Phil was literally glowing in the sunlight because they were standing by these floor-to-ceiling windows. It really threw me off that they both looked and sounded just slightly different in real life than on screen.

I remember Phil already going in for a hug, but since I wanted to shake hands with them instead, I offered him my hand and said something like "I don't really know how to hug people who are taller than me" (which is true because I am tall and don't usually need to hug anyone even taller, but I totally only said it out loud because I panicked). I think one of them replied by saying "that's all right". Phil's hand was really warm, but I can't remember shaking Dan's hand at all even though according to eyewitnesses, I did.

After that I remember looking at Dan when he wasn't looking at me anymore and being amazed by how dark his eyes were. The next thing I remember is me offering Phil the card I wanted to get signed, and then Dan asked if I wanted a picture, to which I replied by asking if I could get one with my friends, and then one of them asked where my friends were. Then I gestured my friends over, and either Dan or Phil told me to get in the middle and then @sparkle's hat was in my face and Dan told a security(?) guy to take the picture because his own arms wouldn't be long enough.

I'm not sure why everyone's laughing in the pictures because my mind was hazy with panic, but I think it might be because the guy taking the photos was struggling with my phone case, but for all I know, someone else might've said something funny. When the picture had been taken, Dan said something about awkward peace signs, and then I started to run away, but Phil called me back because I'd forgotten the card I'd had them sign.

The show itself was great. We had front-row seats, and the fact that my seat was the furthest from the centre (out of my friends) meant that I was sitting right across from where Dan was standing for the majority of the show. It gave me some good nostril angles of him, and it was also very apparent to me that he was wearing the so-called nipple shirt...

The highlight of my evening was obviously seeing Phil's quiff in 3D. There are few things that could top that.

The m&g photos are under the cut. If the Tumblr embedding isn't working, here's a direct link.
This is the shirt I wore to the show. It's a pity it isn't visible in the photos.