Russia - Moscow Vegas City Hall - 5th June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
katekrasavtseva
first-time poster

Hi! I'm going and I'm traveling from Belarus so if there anyone else from here say something <3
vincentian
hobbit hair

Hi, here's my small review from tonight's show. I should say that I completely fell out with Deps within last month, the magic is gone, so it might not be as excited as it could be. I'm typing on my phone, so I'll comment on things that stood out to me rather than each segment of the show properly.

They offered simultaneous translation packs for the Moscow shows as I'm sure people saw on the site. I'd like to see the person who had to translate it, poor soul :D.
The audience demographic was almost exactly as you'd expect. And since it's the first time I saw local fans irl, I did cringe a fair bit. They were great during the show though, very energetic and supportive, what else can you ask for.

The set was nonexistent in Moscow, they just had a screen hanging above the stage, no neon decorations or geometrical floor. I feel like it took away from the show. For the props, they did have the wheel and the piano.

Before the show began, Marianne came out and checked on the front rows. Then a guy (I assume from their team) came out and asked people on first and fourth rows who had phones out to put them away. They played the usual announcement too and they had the venue security throughout the entire show.

I found the narrative of the show hard to follow, even though I had read some reviews before going. I'm not sure why they needed to include multiple monologues about relationship with their audience, in my opinion, they didn't connect show segments very well and weren't entertaining/clever. Maybe it's just me. Because of the lack of set during the simulation and other audience-controlled bits, they just looked like people with a bad power point presentation lol. Which they also had to read, turning their backs on the audience.

Too many oldschool dinof and AP references. Too much cheering for those references. Those needed to go with Phil's fringe. 8-)

Now, for my experience of seeing the boys live for the first time. Dan speaks very very clearly, unsure if he tried especially hard for this audience or it's his performer voice. Also he is hard on his voice, I see why he might take extra measures to maintain it. He also tries to liven up the script, actually reacting to audience's reaction, looking people in the eyes. I think he got better with his body language since TATINOF, less awkward posing and slouching.
Phil seems like such an introverted (lol) performer, bless him. He moves his head like he means to address the whole audience, but he doesn't really make eye contact and it feels like he acts for the radius of 3 metres around him. He speaks loudly without straining his voice as much though and his intonations are quite lovely, someone hire him to host a show.
l'm surprised at how chill and comfortable they were on stage, but they were always on top of script which is safe. They really comitted to their performance too, which is admirable.

The bit where they sit down on stage and have a 'chat' with audience is a cute idea, but in my opinion, the advice is too generic and cheesy. Ehh, maybe someone could find it useful.
Little (totally not exaggerrated) anekdote from the show: They went into gift shop in Moscow. Phil got excited by Matryoshka dolls and asked for the biggest one, made the shop owner take all 24 out one by one. Then didn't buy it. Also, Phil's (childhood) family nickname was Dibs (Dips ?).

Phil's rapping had no rhythm and I couldn't hear half of it because of the loud beat. I wish the rapping part was shorter and they sang more of the song together.
Dan is singing so low for himself, wow. Not sure if he was in tune, but it sounded fine to me. There was one longer pause where he seemed to forget a line, but he continued right after.
Omg, at the end of the song Phil sings tribute to the audience and gets on his knees? A bit awkward, but cute and he holds his act there well.

I'd rate the show 7/10, but I was sitting analysing things rather than just enjoying it. I think it's an entertaining thing to watch in general. It's obvious they are still quite new to this whole performing thing. If I was a casual fan, I would form a different opinion of them based on this show, but I guess the goal was to make the show accessible for the wider audience. :ribena: