Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

I’m really easily pleased, but that tweet made me total mush. I peeked at the cinema that was linked and if it’s the one they went to... wow. Fancy as hell and very secluded, lmao the website describes the theatre as having “an intimate atmosphere.”

Also, the price of two tickets comes out to $83 USD. That just blows my fucking broke little mind. Almost a hundred dollars just for the seats alone? Plus sushi and popcorn and whatever else?
My cheapness is showing but... Jesus christ. They’re expensive dates. At least now I know where my TIIT money went. :rofl:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:15 am
Uh yeah... nevermind, if this is the place, that’s swanky as heck.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/thelounge/
Interesting.
That cinema is in the same place as Princess Productions, which is the company who worked with Deps for tatinof to produce the films for YouTube Red! Wonder if they’ve teamed up with them again for Interactive Introverts.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

ooo good catch emma.

that is indeed expensive for a film, but as a cinema lover myself (i just love the whole ritual of it) it makes me smile that that is still their regular just-the-two-of-them activity after all these years. awww.
art in avatar by lily
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Ewok wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:12 am Also, the price of two tickets comes out to $83 USD. That just blows my fucking broke little mind. Almost a hundred dollars just for the seats alone? Plus sushi and popcorn and whatever else?
My cheapness is showing but... Jesus christ. They’re expensive dates. At least now I know where my TIIT money went. :rofl:
At first I was like damn, that's expensive! But then I went and checked the price and honestly £29/ticket seems alright for a bit of a fancy night out in a swanky theatre here in London :shrug: . I mean I wouldn't want to spend that much regularly (£18 is usually max ticket price for me) but if it were for a date night and not just a movie with friends then why not splurge a little?
(Also in writing this I have realized how much living in Switzerland and London has changed me because hell no would I ever have spent $40/ticket in the States! :o )
autumnhearth
senpai

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am
Ewok wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:12 am Also, the price of two tickets comes out to $83 USD. That just blows my fucking broke little mind. Almost a hundred dollars just for the seats alone? Plus sushi and popcorn and whatever else?
At first I was like damn, that's expensive! But then I went and checked the price and honestly £29/ticket seems alright for a bit of a fancy night out in a swanky theatre here in London :shrug: . I mean I wouldn't want to spend that much regularly (£18 is usually max ticket price for me) but if it were for a date night and not just a movie with friends then why not splurge a little?
(Also in writing this I have realized how much living in Switzerland and London has changed me because hell no would I ever have spent $40/ticket in the States! :o )
One of the reviews for the venue justified the price as being less than a night out to a West End play. You are paying for comfort, service, atmosphere and some privacy. There’s only a small amount of seating and you have to be 18+ to purchase tickets (all those cocktails, wine and champagne.) So yeah, a good fit for the boys.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Do you guys think Phil would consider a LS on a day that isn't Thursday? Especially if they are loosening up the schedule anyways. We haven't heard from just him in such a long time! (I don't really consider the intro/outro of the blooper video)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I love D&P and their luxury cinema date nights. :ribena:
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:52 pm Do you guys think Phil would consider a LS on a day that isn't Thursday? Especially if they are loosening up the schedule anyways. We haven't heard from just him in such a long time! (I don't really consider the intro/outro of the blooper video)
He used to do them on weekends so maybe...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

lol

apologies if this was already posted; sometimes i just speed-read this thread. just like he said he would, he blocked someone for asking him when they would play the game again. (he did unblock them pretty quickly though. anyway can you tell i'm kinda bored and twitter is shit at giving you tweets when they actually happen instead of the next day? carry on)
hello9217
flower crown

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:52 pm Do you guys think Phil would consider a LS on a day that isn't Thursday? Especially if they are loosening up the schedule anyways. We haven't heard from just him in such a long time! (I don't really consider the intro/outro of the blooper video)
If you're hoping for one this weekend then I think it's very unlikely because he would have tweeted something like 'no liveshow today but I'll do one this Sunday but enjoy this gaming video' on Thursday. He used to do them on Sunday but then changed to Thursday toward the end of 2016 but I wish he would go back to Sunday's. I never thought I would say this but at least Dan told us his were going to be infrequent and scattered a bit. Phil always tells us what's going on but on this nothing. He didn't even answer a reply that had to do with a liveshow even though a lot of people were asking him about it on Thursday. It really disappoints me because at this time Phil's live shows are basically the only solo Phil content and I miss having that one on one time. I hope he does one this week.
fancybum
senpai

I'm mostly just mad (that's right, I'm mad about it) that we know nothing about their xmas presents. You know Dan got something with Colin's face on it and I demand to know what.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

fancybum wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 pm I'm mostly just mad (that's right, I'm mad about it) that we know nothing about their xmas presents. You know Dan got something with Colin's face on it and I demand to know what.
i just realized this and now i'm mad, too-- what the fuck gives, dan?!?!!

i'm placing my bets on a tote bag, what do you guys think? maybe a refrigerator magnet?
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Gamingmas had a bad influence on me because we had a new video 2 days ago and I'm already craving new content....
@ deppy, when will the gaming livestreams return from war :poke:

ps : maybe there's already one and i've just missed it but otherwise i feel like a judge-judy-tapping-her-watch kind of emoji would be very useful lol
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:15 pm
fancybum wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 pm I'm mostly just mad (that's right, I'm mad about it) that we know nothing about their xmas presents. You know Dan got something with Colin's face on it and I demand to know what.

i'm placing my bets on a tote bag, what do you guys think? maybe a refrigerator magnet?
It could also be a decorative cushion or canvas art. :hmmm:
fancybum
senpai

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 pm

The possibilities are kind of endless, but I submit: a giant back tattoo.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A phone case that doesn't even fit his current phone!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
aleanna
glabella

fancybum wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 pm

The possibilities are kind of endless, but I submit: a giant back tattoo.
duvet cover! lol
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
sparkle
blobfish

I love how I debated for about two weeks on iPhone 8 vs iPhone X - went with the 8 because of a bunch of reasons (I like home buttons, lack of Touch ID, I don't think all screen phones are as aesthetically pleasing as those with bezels or as practical, if I had to wait another second to get rid of my gold phone I was going to throw up) and all it takes is literally ONE selfie from Dan and I almost, almost wish I'd gone with a X. Apple should use him in their advertisements. (this also might be my inner Apple fangirl talking though, as I'm currently trying to dissuade myself from buying a new Mac)

Dan has also definitely lost weight recently - he's looking leaner. I was thinking it in the gaming video, but you can tell in his face and i'm genuinely happy for him.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, seeing the name of the place that cinema might be in has me nostalgic, such memories of my dad especially. For years when I was a kid it was my parents’ favourite place to go for lunch on a Sunday, always to a particular Italian place and one of the few shops open was the bookshop so we’d pop in there too. Looking at the details, the prices I was most surprised by are for the non-alcoholic cocktails, £8 for a mix of juices, please :roll: I like the sound of the fruity ones, though. I don’t know that I could be bothered eating that much proper food, trying to be neat and quiet, while engrossed in a movie. Lovely idea, though, even down to the not-distracting staff uniforms and sound-proofed chair-side tables. Thinking of how ordinary customer service is in most places especially cinemas, it does sound lovely.

Anyway, to get more on topic, the man-stuck-in-cauldron video was very funny, though I didn’t really love that level of dramatics. My first thought was whether it was genuine, though how much is it ever I suppose. Still, I cringed. Puppy-Dan with the slipper was quite something as was Phil rage-quitting and having to get up for a moment. Part of me is amazed someone can be bothered putting in the work to make a game that difficult and annoying.

I love the gif art of it that Phil retweeted, loz did that so well and quickly, it’s great they saw and shared it.

I wonder if Phil is happier not having done a liveshow yet and wanting to reduce them as someone said the other day. I get he was ill so the blooper video was short and easier to make to give him time to recover properly, but is this it with no info? First rule of tech support, “tell the customer what’s going on” :sideeye: I don’t buy that we were meant to guess Dan meant them both. Obviously should care less if some man on the internet doesn’t want to talk :facepalm2: too many emotions in me tonight apparently :roll:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

In honor of Phil and his current liveshow/main channel video schedule...

:waiting: :impatient:

Now, speaking of - bets on what his first real main channel video of 2018 will be?

My guesses-slash-suggestions-if-you're-lurking-Phil:

- Christmas present haul. Does it matter that it's gonna be late January and Christmas was a month ago? If he saves the Dan present for the end, he'll hook us anyway.
- Psychic readings for 2018, because Phil is opportunistic enough to use a good idea twice. Or multiple times.
- Sponsors Picked My Outfit. I'm not giving up on the idea.
- Dan and Phil Bake: Tide Pod Donuts
- Movie reviews with Phil. He talks about all the movies he's seen lately. The video lasts ten minutes and one second, and when it ends we still have no idea what he thought about any of the movies but we know exactly what he ate.
- Laundry Time with Phil. It's just Phil doing laundry. We'd all be riveted. Special Dan cameo as he shrieks at Phil over something that has to be hand washed and can't go in the machine.
- Old school vlog style video compiled of cell phone footage from Isle of Man, mostly Dan with Martyn and Cornelia on a walk outside in the cold and really I just need waveydnp to script Dan and Phil's life so I can see them act out some amaaf-type things.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

flarequake wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:44 am I love the gif art of it that Phil retweeted, loz did that so well and quickly, it’s great they saw and shared it.
I also think this tweet is interesting because Phil said it was probably one of his favorite gaming videos -- especially in juxtaposition to Dan's "ask us to play this again and i'll block you" attitude. I don't have anywhere to go with this, I just thought it was interesting that they had such different opinions on the video -- especially since this is one where Phil actually got mad, yet it was still one of his favs.
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 am - Movie reviews with Phil. He talks about all the movies he's seen lately. The video lasts ten minutes and one second, and when it ends we still have no idea what he thought about any of the movies but we know exactly what he ate.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Why does this describe Phil so well
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
fancybum
senpai

This is old but there’s nothing else going on: In response to Dan’s liveshow. I wonder who else watches their shows but doesn’t mention it.. Dan ignored it (if he even saw it), so no change there. This isn’t even interesting but I’m bored. :shrug:
autumnhearth
senpai

KatjaZoe wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:35 am
flarequake wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:44 am I love the gif art of it that Phil retweeted, loz did that so well and quickly, it’s great they saw and shared it.
I also think this tweet is interesting because Phil said it was probably one of his favorite gaming videos -- especially in juxtaposition to Dan's "ask us to play this again and i'll block you" attitude. I don't have anywhere to go with this, I just thought it was interesting that they had such different opinions on the video -- especially since this is one where Phil actually got mad, yet it was still one of his favs.
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 am - Movie reviews with Phil. He talks about all the movies he's seen lately. The video lasts ten minutes and one second, and when it ends we still have no idea what he thought about any of the movies but we know exactly what he ate.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Why does this describe Phil so well
While it’s hard to know what Dan actually thought of the game and I’m not trying to dismiss the idea that Dip and Dot can have different opinions on a shared experience (I’m sure they do), I think Dan’s over the top frustration and stunt of saying he would block people and then following through (for five minutes) doesn’t mean that looking back at the finished video he wouldn’t also think this was a success and really funny. Ya know? The animated art Phil promoted is indeed awesome and it is wonderful to hear that he loves the vid as much as many of us.

Also great post dizzy :tu: I’m too tired to contribute funny or serious suggestions for Phil vids or Colin merch (except for the haunting image created by my knowledge that thongs are an option at CafePress and similar sites).

fancybum that’s nice to see! My boredom + obsessiveness is currently driving me to compile much older and less relevant evidence of fellow YouTuber support circa 2009
After seeing discourse on Tumblr about Ben/dudeliawesome being rivals with Dan in 2009, which yeah, the boy was definitely flirting and trying to get Phil’s attention at the same time as Dan, and they were entered in some blogging competitions at the same time, *but* Ben called Dan a good friend, promoted Dan’s first video, tagged him in Follow Fridays on Twitter, Skyped with him, hung out with him one on one in London (where they apparently had “inappropriate and detailed sex talks” in Sainsburys) and offered him love advice and offered to text with him when he was having a little crisis on Twitter, so yeah. Obviously the friendships didn’t last, Ben did quit YouTube and they no longer follow each other, but people were making it out to be some high key sassy drama, which yeah if you take “oi he’s mine” on its own, I can see. It would make for a great fic, but the reality seems much more chill and jokey. I’m debating if I actually want to make a proper post with screenshots out of that. I’ll have to learn some new formating to get more than ten images on there, and matching up the tweet replies is time consuming as they both changed handle names so it doesn’t flow as a convo anymore. Plus I don’t have many followers and it just seems like such old “tea” as the kids say.
realeyesrealize
living flop

I love Phil and that's a fact.

Also, one thing I noticed that I don't think anyone mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the gaming video was still filmed with Dan's ~edgy lens. I assumed they'd buy a new one over Christmas for the new videos but apparently not?
fancybum
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:27 pm fancybum that’s nice to see! My boredom + obsessiveness is currently driving me to compile much older and less relevant evidence of fellow YouTuber support circa 2009
After seeing discourse on Tumblr about Ben/dudeliawesome being rivals with Dan in 2009, which yeah, the boy was definitely flirting and trying to get Phil’s attention at the same time as Dan, and they were entered in some blogging competitions at the same time, *but* Ben called Dan a good friend, promoted Dan’s first video, tagged him in Follow Fridays on Twitter, Skyped with him, hung out with him one on one in London (where they apparently had “inappropriate and detailed sex talks” in Sainsburys) and offered him love advice and offered to text with him when he was having a little crisis on Twitter, so yeah. Obviously the friendships didn’t last, Ben did quit YouTube and they no longer follow each other, but people were making it out to be some high key sassy drama, which yeah if you take “oi he’s mine” on its own, I can see. It would make for a great fic, but the reality seems much more chill and jokey. I’m debating if I actually want to make a proper post with screenshots out of that. I’ll have to learn some new formating to get more than ten images on there, and matching up the tweet replies is time consuming as they both changed handle names so it doesn’t flow as a convo anymore. Plus I don’t have many followers and it just seems like such old “tea” as the kids say.
Ooh that sounds interesting! Everybody always just focuses on early D&P stuff, but it’s nice to get a fuller picture of everyone else they were talking to back then, too. (If you do end up putting that together, pls post/link here too for those of us who don’t really tumbl). Old tea is still good tea! :ribena:
realeyesrealize wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:38 pm I love Phil and that's a fact.
I’d love him more if he posted photo evidence of this alleged “burrito”. (And then photo evidence of Dan enjoying it. Because rat.)
Related: this is in Dan’s likes: Imagine: DITL of Dan and Phil Getting a Dog :cry:

(Is Phil maybe laying groundwork for a liveshow today with a preemptive anecdote that he can start with?? Or... should he flipping tell us when he next plans to do one so we can all stop being paranoid and rest??!!)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:27 pm fancybum that’s nice to see! My boredom + obsessiveness is currently driving me to compile much older and less relevant evidence of fellow YouTuber support circa 2009
Oh please yes... if you want to go in deep on anything like that, we'll integrate it into our FAQs. If you need help getting the thread set up feel free to message me. One of my long term goals with the FAQs is to go back and capture/catalog a lot of their old friendships for the sake of posterity (I'm quietly working on a Jimmy one that'll be more than the blurb there now) but it's a slow-going process.