Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
karma_yeah
philussy

:welcome: to all the new people!

I'm "older", married with kids and was dragged into the by my daughter. She has broader youtube interests while I just remain
SquishPhan wrote:
Ashling Rae wrote:On the topic of Dan and Phil sitting far apart- did I miss something? I think I missed something. Can someone explain?
It was this tweet/pic that started the discussion.
I love the discussion and agree with all 4 theories: a) that in many places it's just not safe to PDA with a same sex partner, b) they are giants and need lots of room, c) when you're in an LTR sometimes the "gotta be touching at all times" thing can wear off, and d) if it's warm and sticky out, body heat doesn't help!

When I saw the picture, i didn't see them as being that far apart, especially since Dan was doing something. I have no doubt that he moved back 2 feet and sat next to Phil when he was done. I think with we're just used to seeing NO personal space between them and to our well-trained eyes it seemed odd.

On a different note, I took a stroll through our emojis and saw some cute ones I haven't noticed before! Hope they are getting a and a soon! (adorbsable!) but what, no easter baking? maybe a large colorful egg or a basket? don't know as I'm not really creative but thanks for all of them!!
What goes around, comes around Image
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

karma_yeah wrote::welcome: to all the new people!

I'm "older", married with kids and was dragged into the by my daughter. She has broader youtube interests while I just remain
This is me too, I blame my two daughters (11 & 16) for getting me into the
autumnhearth
senpai

Sorry I haven't figured out how to quote people on here but:

"You were probs being sarcastic, but just in case, I'm not a whole lot to be jealous of (dull marriage, unemployed). Got a cool daughter tho. Mostly I just live vicariously thru deppy."

Same, Susan, same. I'm definitely not successful nor distinguished. I'm a stay at home mom (and I'm pretty awful at that). I haven't yet got a handle on my anxiety and my immune system sucks. But I do have a cute kid, so I'll just focus on that. This morning he came upstairs with a piece of paper with cat whiskers drawn on it and the words Dan and Phil below, just to cheer me up. He proudly said he drew it with a sharpie.

Other cute moments from the last month: Almost everyday after he gets off the bus he practically chants "Dan and Phil!" because that's what we watch while he has his after school snack before homework. Yesterday we were at a double play date (I say double because me and his friend's mom really get on, we geek out about HP and Scorbus). The boys were in the other room but I could hear my son say "And now for the Amazing Phil!" I think he was maybe imitating his magic routine.

The other night at dinner he began singing 'The Internet is Here' and we made it into a duet until the husband asked us to please stop. It was quite good. A week ago he came out into the kitchen wearing grey jeans, a black t-shirt, a blazer and his dad's bowler hat to dance to TIIH. I filmed a bit but it needs work.

Last week he had to write an Easter Bunny essay and their teacher took a photo of them and put a bunny filter over their faces. He said he hated the photo because he looked too pale, 'almost as pale as Phil', he also complained he looked too cute. True, but I don't see the problem.

We watched the interactive Christmas Special together and followed the paths on the computer. My son starts crying when Dan sacrificed himself. I comforted him, assured him it was okay and asked why he cried. He said he didn't want to imagine a Phil without a Dan. He also cried at the end of the Krave cereal challenge when Dan had to destroy Phil's lion onesie. My emotional child.

One of the most common phrases he says while watching their videos is "Oh Phil!" in like that fond 'you silly goof' kinda voice and "Dan!" in a why would you do that way. We've been watching lots of Dan vs Phil BBC 1 live show clips lately. So fun times at our house.

To all of you having a rough time with life at any age *hugs*

ETA: On the topic of emojis I think there really needs to be a heart eyes one! Testing if iPad emojis work here, nope fail. And yay fellow mums! "Hey ladies!" (No, but hi everyone!)
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

autumnhearth wrote:Sorry I haven't figured out how to quote people on here but:

"You were probs being sarcastic, but just in case, I'm not a whole lot to be jealous of (dull marriage, unemployed). Got a cool daughter tho. Mostly I just live vicariously thru deppy."

Same, Susan, same. I'm definitely not successful nor distinguished. I'm a stay at home mom (and I'm pretty awful at that). I haven't yet got a handle on my anxiety and my immune system sucks. But I do have a cute kid, so I'll just focus on that. This morning he came upstairs with a piece of paper with cat whiskers drawn on it and the words Dan and Phil below, just to cheer me up. He proudly said he drew it with a sharpie.

Other cute moments from the last month: Almost everyday after he gets off the bus he practically chants "Dan and Phil!" because that's what we watch while he has his after school snack before homework. Yesterday we were at a double play date (I say double because me and his friend's mom really get on, we geek out about HP and Scorbus). The boys were in the other room but I could hear my son say "And now for the Amazing Phil!" I think he was maybe imitating his magic routine.

The other night at dinner he began singing 'The Internet is Here' and we made it into a duet until the husband asked us to please stop. It was quite good. A week ago he came out into the kitchen wearing grey jeans, a black t-shirt, a blazer and his dad's bowler hat to dance to TIIH. I filmed a bit but it needs work.

Last week he had to write an Easter Bunny essay and their teacher took a photo of them and put a bunny filter over their faces. He said he hated the photo because he looked too pale, 'almost as pale as Phil', he also complained he looked too cute. True, but I don't see the problem.

We watched the interactive Christmas Special together and followed the paths on the computer. My son starts crying when Dan sacrificed himself. I comforted him, assured him it was okay and asked why he cried. He said he didn't want to imagine a Phil without a Dan. He also cried at the end of the Krave cereal challenge when Dan had to destroy Phil's lion onesie. My emotional child.

One of the most common phrases he says while watching their videos is "Oh Phil!" in like that fond 'you silly goof' kinda voice and "Dan!" in a why would you do that way. We've been watching lots of Dan vs Phil BBC 1 live show clips lately. So fun times at our house.

To all of you having a rough time with life at any age *hugs*

ETA: On the topic of emojis I think there really needs to be a heart eyes one! Testing if iPad emojis work here, nope fail. And yay fellow mums! "Hey ladies!" (No, but hi everyone!)
This is the most adorable thing ever, thank you so much for sharing! You and your son seem so sweet, it makes me so happy to know you have dnp to bond over and that your son appreciates them so sincerely. His reaction to Dan sacrificing himself in Interactive Christmas special is just the cutest thing ever, so so so precious

Also lots of love and solidarity to everyone who is having a rough time, times are tough and I hope that you all are okay and that things get better soon
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

The b e s t title (i am still a little shook from the second golf vid)!

Can we put up a group for "drop outs in their 20's & living with parents"? :D also from last thread: dantrash it is.

Maybe we're just used to them sitting right next to each other that little distance looks a bit weird...
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Guess they are back home already.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

:welcome: to autumnhearth and vengefulblue, and thank you to everyone who shared personal perspectives on the issue of pda for same sex couples.
21 and currently living with parents and 2 years behind in education b/c of ongoing health problem/disability. I should be going back to uni in September so we'll see if I can do that without having a breakdown of some kind and joining the dropouts crowd
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

Lol. If I concerned anyone, no worries! I'm doing fine!

My opinion on the distance, now that I know what we're talking about- I definitely agree that whether or not they are together, there are a million reasons they'd be sitting apart. No cause for alarm! But I have also considered that our perspectives and expectations of them may be affected by the history of them working together in front of a camera. I look back on pinof 1, and I always think "wow, they are so close" but they also fill up the entire frame, so it may be a necessity at times. It's pretty likely that they usually have some distance, just not always when we see them.

I'm more concerned with Phil's legs, tbh. They're mesmerizing.
autumnhearth
senpai

SquishPhan wrote: Guess they are back home already.

Oh there is the quote button clear as day! Lion made my mom and I cry so hard that by the time we left the theater we both had major headaches. So good though. I wonder if they have finally seen Fantastic Beasts. I saw someone speculate they were going to Florida next? What is this based on? I thought for sure that when Dan tweeted about the immigration officer a few days ago that they were back home, but I was wrong.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

onetruetrash wrote:Wow, so many of you guys are in your 20s, I guess I'm the only 15-year-old here!
Mmm, that's how I felt last year when I was in high school at the same time that so many people here were like 'I've got a kid/partner/SO/degree/midlifecrisis'! But, I remember when we did the IDB survey last year and I was surprised that my age bracket was only second biggest because it sure seems sometimes that the phandom is mostly teenagers, when we're really a big spread of ages (more diverse on IDB than typical, probably). On second thought, if a 13-year-old started watching them in 2010, that teenager would be 20 by now. :wtf: So lots of fans in their 20s isn't unusual.

What am I even trying to say lol. In short, high five for also being a person NOT in your twenties (or older)?

This was kinda offtopic. Um, the mental image of Phil (and maybe Dan as well ) sobbing over a sad movie has me smiling fondly. :gg:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

autumnhearth wrote:
But I do have a cute kid, so I'll just focus on that. This morning he came upstairs with a piece of paper with cat whiskers drawn on it and the words Dan and Phil below, just to cheer me up. He proudly said he drew it with a sharpie.
Child armed with a Sharpie: what could possibly go wrong? ;)

On to discussing my current fav subject: Dan's wardrobe. Continuing to love his choice to move on to more accessible (affordable) fashion. There is no need to line the pockets of big-name designers / pop culture idols whose creations are mostly atrocious just to prove you are edgy / on trend. While I'm not a fan of store-bought ripped jeans, or the continuing trend of European males wearing knee pants masquerading as shorts*, I am digging Dan's refreshed look (although he can take a fashion tip from Phil and revise his short's selections.)

* Living and working in the Washington, DC area subjects me to the horror of throngs of European tourists sporting these hideous excuses for proper short pants.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

i am a 25 year old boy who lives with his soulmate in london, moving house soon, university of manchester dropout, no children, married since 2015
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

autumnhearth wrote:ETA: On the topic of emojis I think there really needs to be a heart eyes one!)
there are several! :)
:lel: (and many more things you might want to use!) can be found if you click on "view more smilies" at the bottom of the emoticon section.

We do welcome suggestions for more, you can make them here

And thank you for sharing the stories of your son, he sounds absolutely adorable. You really brought a smile to my face.

People interested in phandom demographics, and how they fit into the age spectrum....
keep your eyes pealed for more data coming soon....
malday
emo goose

cherrybomb3 wrote:i am a 25 year old boy who lives with his soulmate in london, moving house soon, university of manchester dropout, no children, married since 2015
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

shoe wrote:
People interested in phandom demographics, and how they fit into the age spectrum....

this makes me more excited than it should do
malday
emo goose

shoe wrote: People interested in phandom demographics, and how they fit into the age spectrum....
Forgive my asking but was the 2015 survey done by fans or was d&p management involved?
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

malday wrote:
shoe wrote: People interested in phandom demographics, and how they fit into the age spectrum....
Forgive my asking but was the 2015 survey done by fans or was d&p management involved?
The 2015 survey was done entirely by fans, who met and organised though the forum which shall not be named (before idb existed).
autumnhearth
senpai

cherrybomb3 wrote:i am a 25 year old boy who lives with his soulmate in london, moving house soon, university of manchester dropout, no children, married since 2015
Dan, is that you? Lol.

Dan and Phil's first couple of years remind me a lot of my husband and I's courtship (minus the internet "stalking" thing). We have about the same age difference (he is 4 years older than me). We met when I was a freshman in college and he was a senior. We were friends first, though the sexual tension grew quickly and there was much clawing, biting and cuddling before our first kiss. I was also right out of a relationship. Then there was lots of long distance phone calls, frequent visits during the summer and even a trip to Florida. My sophomore and junior year I had a dorm room but basically lived in his apartment (as I assume Dan did before officially moving in). It was also a very stressful time and I'm not sure how I graduated and with good grades. So yeah thinking about 2009-2011 Phan is interesting for me, but seeing them as they are now now makes me even happier, that these two people who spend so much time together still clearly adore each other. It's really inspiring because sometimes marriage is dull. I find myself falling in love with other people's love (usually fictional characters) to supplement mine. I just want to bask in it. Is that weird?

Re fashion: I would never buy a pair of ripped jeans myself. I'm especially annoyed by the ones that just have one straight slash across the knees. Like they ruined a perfectly good pair of jeans! But I love them on Dan. I adore the cherry blossom shirt! Now he has something appropriate to wear in their next golf video! And of course Phil's butterfly shirt
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

:sideeye:
:D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote:It's really inspiring because sometimes marriage is dull. I find myself falling in love with other people's love (usually fictional characters) to supplement mine. I just want to bask in it. Is that weird?
First: yaaaaaay I'm so glad you decided to start posting!!

Second: Damn, you kinda nailed it, there. The funny thing is, I would lay money on the fact that sometimes to them their own relationship is kind of dull. They have a lot more general life excitement but we get to romanticize what is mundane normality to them. I'm sure they quite love each other, and have moments of just being completely infatuated, but there's also a day to day life that bridges those moments we fawn all over.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That's a good point, alittledizzy. I hope they still enjoy cuddling each other, cos they both seem really cuddly. Dan being a bit bigger keeps making me want to hug him.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Just to join in with the here's my life discussion.... I'm 24 years old (turning 25 nearly a week from now), studied for 6 years in college (for a supposedly 4-year undergraduate course I won't have any use for), had 5 failing grades and a whole lot of incompletes, went to 2 different universities to attain that undergraduate degree, currently a 3rd year law school student studying at one of the most prestigious law schools in our country and just failed almost all of her midterms exams (law is a postgraduate course here in my country; I honestly have no idea how I've survived thus far, and will probably be kicked out either this sem or next year), but have so much anxiety over law school and being a lawyer that the only thing keeping me going is the thought of my parents disowning me if I quit school or change career paths. I'm very much dependent on them with no money of my own, so I gotta follow their rules. Deppy is literally the highlight of my day, and reading your guys discussion here has helped me feel less isolated (i guess it's not surprising if I admit to being very socially awkward to the point that I get anxiety when talking to other people. I have no idea how I'd be a lawyer, but I come from a family of lawyers... so that's why I have to do what I have to do. I guess it's an asian thing to have a very imposing family). :?

Anyway, so I wanted to thank you guys for somehow making my day brighter. I don't contribute or post much, but I do lurk a lot and read the ongoing discussions, and just reveling in our shared affection for these 2 British guys has helped me in ways I cannot quite articulate. But bottomline, you all have helped me through some tough times. So thanks. :platonic:
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote:
autumnhearth wrote:It's really inspiring because sometimes marriage is dull. I find myself falling in love with other people's love (usually fictional characters) to supplement mine. I just want to bask in it. Is that weird?
First: yaaaaaay I'm so glad you decided to start posting!!

Second: Damn, you kinda nailed it, there. The funny thing is, I would lay money on the fact that sometimes to them their own relationship is kind of dull. They have a lot more general life excitement but we get to romanticize what is mundane normality to them. I'm sure they quite love each other, and have moments of just being completely infatuated, but there's also a day to day life that bridges those moments we fawn all over.
Hi! Thank you for leading me here! Very very good point! And it seems that they or at least Dan does the same thing with shipping fictional characters, though he presents it from a single person's perspective. Fictional characters are very safe to love whether you are single or attached. And believing in love between fictional characters fills me with hope.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

Oh goodness Riri I really feel for you. I can't imagine going back to school, though it would be very beneficial, the thought fills me with such dread. I know what it is like to feel indebted to your parents as well. I feel like such a fail of an adult most of the time. Is there something else you can see yourself doing besides law? Have you had a heart to heart with your parents? *hugs*
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Anyway, so I wanted to thank you guys for somehow making my day brighter. I don't contribute or post much, but I do lurk a lot and read the ongoing discussions, and just reveling in our shared affection for these 2 British guys has helped me in ways I cannot quite articulate. But bottomline, you all have helped me through some tough times. So thanks. :platonic:
i second this in every way! you all also seem really super nice so it's nice to hang out in here.

sooo. i've been reading the older threads quite a bit but i'm still wondering one thing. has there been any discussion or full on info of why both dan and phil started uploading their live shows to the second channels? is it because TATINOF is over and yt is the only thing they are focusing on (as we know of ) or is there some other reason? ofc the live shows have been a thing forever and other channels have been uploading them and i'm sure they've known that, but why they decided to start uploading them themselves and why now?