Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
twix
butt chair

catallena mentioned spamming the chat of the next liveshow whenever that might be. Do you all think incessantly commenting about the Felix situation on dnp's new videos might be an effective way of voicing disapproval? it's public in a way that posting on your own tumblr or w/e isn't and it looks really bad for them if they disable or filter comments.
roastbeef
banned

twix wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 am catallena mentioned spamming the chat of the next liveshow whenever that might be. Do you all think incessantly commenting about the Felix situation on dnp's new videos might be an effective way of voicing disapproval? it's public in a way that posting on your own tumblr or w/e isn't and it looks really bad for them if they disable or filter comments.
...................why......................
just why
secretagentphan
procrastinator

I love it when white people decide on whether or not pewdiepie’s apology for using the n word was acceptable. The black community must be so relieved that all of these while people find the apology okay. Because the apology was definitely all about them!! Why would it matter what people of color who are actually affected by racism think? Let’s just call people dealing with inequality sjw’s to shut them up and get offended by them articulately expressing why Deppy hanging out with Felix hurt their feelings!!!

(And that is all I will say on the matter)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

riperoni wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 am
riperoni wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:40 am
ghostbitch wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 am This PewDiePie discussion has been going on for way too long. You all need to calm the fuck down. All this talk about how you're going to unstan if dan and phil continue being friends with him, like sit the fuck down. You're all so far up your asses. Felix didn't use that word in a racist way. He didn't go up to someone and call them that. He didn't refer to anyone as that. You're all just sitting on your high horses with your sensitive asses. Dan and Phil attended Felix's girlfriends birthday. Get over it. They didn't film a collab with pdp discussing racial slurs and how to use them. They showed up, talked, had some cake, and as far as we know, that was it. You can't expect them to cut Felix off completely just because of one wrong action, which he apologized for by the way. They wouldn't have any friends left if it was up to you idiots. Felix is a nice guy with an offensive taste in humor. You're all reaching for theories here. Like thinking dnp are only nice to him cuz they don't want Felix to 'out' them. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they just genuinely like him as a person. Get over yourselves.
100% AGREE
I love the reaction to this.
Complete garbage coming out of peoples mouths. This discussion is so infuriating and its like any time someone has a even slightly different opinion they get attacked.
riperoni everyone is allowed an opinion. the issue here is that assholes like ghostbitch are invalidating other peoples opinions. and how hypocritical are you to do the exact same thing, and then ask for other opinions to be recognized? People can have an opinion about felix being just a misunderstood guy, and that dnp are just there to have fun with marzia and pj, but when POC, who are affected by the negative language that felix uses, say that they are hurt by his actions, and by the actions of dnp for being in association with him, and those people who see felix as misunderstood lash out and name call the affected are stepping in what is ultimately the wrong direction for in a community that prides itself on its acceptance of others. listening first and accepting that they also have an opinion, albeit different to yours, is the first step to on the journey of being a decent freaking human being.
everyone is allowed an opinion yet IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOURE APOLOGIZING FOR A RACIST!!!!!

really?
im the bad guy here?
honestly i'm not calling you the "bad guy", and yeah when people start yelling at each other it gets messy and what not, but why don't you try to show some, oh i don't know, compassion for others?
yoursinsincerely
not a first-time poster

honestly just signed back in after much lurking to add to every sane and reasonable person here - riperoni, you're allowed your opinion. Thankfully, we're also allowed to criticize it, since having an opinion doesn't mean we or anyone else have to agree with you. And if you feel people aren't being "nice enough" about disagreeing....well, honestly, no one cares. You don't get to just shout away people being hurt by Felix's asinine comments and decisions, and the fact that you think you can says a lot about you and how much compassion you have for other people.
lurkin
squish
Pronouns: they/them

lurkin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:38 am
ghostbitch wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 am This PewDiePie discussion has been going on for way too long. You all need to calm the fuck down. All this talk about how you're going to unstan if dan and phil continue being friends with him, like sit the fuck down. You're all so far up your asses. Felix didn't use that word in a racist way. He didn't go up to someone and call them that. He didn't refer to anyone as that. You're all just sitting on your high horses with your sensitive asses. Dan and Phil attended Felix's girlfriends birthday. Get over it. They didn't film a collab with pdp discussing racial slurs and how to use them. They showed up, talked, had some cake, and as far as we know, that was it. You can't expect them to cut Felix off completely just because of one wrong action, which he apologized for by the way. They wouldn't have any friends left if it was up to you idiots. Felix is a nice guy with an offensive taste in humor. You're all reaching for theories here. Like thinking dnp are only nice to him cuz they don't want Felix to 'out' them. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they just genuinely like him as a person. Get over yourselves.
100% AGREE
Complete garbage coming out of peoples mouths. This discussion is so infuriating and its like any time someone has a even slightly different opinion they get attacked.
riperoni everyone is allowed an opinion. the issue here is that assholes like ghostbitch are invalidating other peoples opinions. and how hypocritical are you to do the exact same thing, and then ask for other opinions to be recognized? People can have an opinion about felix being just a misunderstood guy, and that dnp are just there to have fun with marzia and pj, but when POC, who are affected by the negative language that felix uses, say that they are hurt by his actions, and by the actions of dnp for being in association with him, and those people who see felix as misunderstood lash out and name call the affected are stepping in what is ultimately the wrong direction for in a community that prides itself on its acceptance of others. listening first and accepting that they also have an opinion, albeit different to yours, is the first step to on the journey of being a decent freaking human being.
everyone is allowed an opinion yet IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOURE APOLOGIZING FOR A RACIST!!!!!

really?
im the bad guy here?
no she's saying that if you have a differing opinion there are ways to express it that dont hinge on telling marginalized people that their anger, pain, and experiences as POC are self-absorbed and baseless.

edit: sorry for the double post some formatting was messed up and when i went to fix it, it did a second copy
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
myselfandI
phillion/danosaur <//3

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:01 am
100% AGREE

really?
im the bad guy here?
Wow
Why do you feel the need to pick a fight over this?

Did you even read ghostbitch full post? They literally called people idiots for being offended, maybe you just haven't learn how to form a proper argument, but that's not the way. You don't attack people's feelings because you can't relate to them you simply state your opinion without being a complete douche. If you wanna your opinion to be respected you also have to respect other people's opinion.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken quote tags
Don't come to Brasil, pay us to come to your country instead :thumb:
onomatopoeia
squish

hi! long-time lurker here. there’s not much that i would like to add to the felix discussion since everybody already said it all. and i get that ppl wish that dan would’ve addressed the situation in the ls, but as some of you have said before, not that many ppl are talking about it on twitter or tumblr (or that i’ve seen), and us on idb are only a tiny percentage of their audience. they probably do know that a lot of us are pissed but just chose not to talk about it bc talking about it would def stir up a bigger shitstorm so why risk it? this isn’t me trying to defend them or anything, i’m just suggesting a reason to why i never thought they would talk about it in the first place.

i’d also like to say i rly loved the ls! although i was also affected by recent events and thus didn’t enjoy phil’s main channel video that much, the ls didn’t seem that awkward to me, just rly cute and domestic. everybody’s feelings are valid though! it’s alright to feel disappointed or angry, but at the same time, i think it’s also fine if you’re not having such strong feelings.

this is all i’d like to say for now. sry if it isn’t that coherent! this is basically my first time posting and i’m also not a native english speaker ahhhhhh! *hides behind fingers*
thewaytobehappy
squish

Well, liveshow played out just like I predicted. They’re my least favorite content, but it was pretty cute. I liked that Phil talked about the creative proces of creating the boardgame with Dan.

I don’t doubt people will attempt to spam Dan the next time they get him alone, but I don’t see it working. When they don’t want to talk about something, they’ll brush it of or ignore it. Never seen it work.

I’m excited for spooky week. Work has been hectic this week, and I love watching their vids with dinner.
lorelei
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hey everyone! I’ve been lurking here for a few months but I finally decided to make an account.

Mostly because on tumblr I have a very small following and talked briefly about how I feel about the felix drama in the tags of a reblog and still managed to get attacked for it. So I’m here, because tumblr has seriously frustrated me the past few days. People get way too defensive over there when their faves mess up, but I think it’s important to acknowledge that people we look up to aren’t perfect.

I just thought I would jump in and give my two cents, even if the conversation has somewhat moved on and I'm just reiterating what's already been said, whoops. Like most of you guys I’ve been really disappointed with the whole situation. I did like Phil’s video and the liveshow but also felt kinda awkward watching them? I still love dnp, but I’m upset with them rn. I hope I can enjoy watching spooky week videos and for it to not feel so weird, but I think I’ll feel like this for a while until they actually say something about it (which maybe Dan will, but I'm not counting on it. And I don't mean to be pessimistic, sorry! I know nobody needs any more negativity right now).

To end this rambly mess on a more positive note... I'm white and not Jewish, so felix's actions (and dnp associating with him) didn't directly affect me although they did make me angry. For those of you who are affected by it and are feeling hurt, my heart goes out to you. <3
grenadine
crusty sponge

Well, if you believe 'f*lix' is racist, anti-semitic, homophobic neo-nazi, alt-right and sooo mysoginistic (don't forget that he abuses his dogs and blackmails half of YT community) i am not surprised that you have so strong feelings about him and dnp associating with him. I am just amazed how sure you are about all of it. The theory that he will out them when they stop supporting him is ridiculous. You are constantly offended by dnp friends, there are whole pages about it. So i mainly agree with ghostbitch i only regret that she/he called you idiots, because it was all you were waiting for - 'racist apologist', surely not POC and not 'kind' enough. You can lash out now, this account is gone. Perfect. Don't waste your brain cells on me, i'm not worth it.
malday
emo goose

100% AGREE
If they brush over 10 pages of discussion, not counting the PDP thread, and varying viewpoints and reduce it to one sentence and call everybody stupid, and their opinions garbage I don't think you can expect people to take it well.
If you disagree with an opinion you can reply to it and debate. If people don't agree with your opinion they will probably want to debate it, (people who disagree strongly are probably more likely to reply to you, imo). And of course there is the option to not read this forum. Many people avoid it if they don't like what it's being discussed at a time.

@twix I think it's a bad idea, not to mention bad etiquette, to spam the comments section especially of videos that have nothing to do with the subject. It would be better to just voice disapproval of PDP if they ever bring him up or others bring him up like asking them to collab, imo.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Firstly, spamming the channel is a bad idea. All that's gonna make them do is ban the words Felix and PDP. Spamming about Phan hasn't made them come out either, has it?

Secondly, I am curious to hear from the people who feel very emotional about this - are you holding other YouTubers to the same standards as DnP? Yesterday was PDP's birthday and naturally, he got a lot of tweets, including a message from Jenna Marbles and a like from Jacksepticeye. Will you look through the replies to see who you shouldn't watch/support anymore? Is a birthday wish from Jenna or Jack more acceptable in your eyes because you are less emotionally attached to those guys, or because you feel like you were able to see that interaction in its entirety (while as you don't know how DnP were behaving around PDP)? Or do you have higher expectations of DnP, and for what reasons?

It's pretty clear that they didn't wanna talk about it in the liveshow, and they haven't interacted with PDP on twitter either. Honestly, I don't think there will be much more to it than this. You can't force people to talk about things, especially touchy subjects. You can show them that you disapprove, but it's likely that they'll move on and continue with providing their videos without making a huge deal out of it publicly.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I am super late to all discussions as usual because work is making me so busy and there are so many posts I would like to give the thumbs up to (I wish we had the thanks button). I haven’t had a chance to even read the new thread as things are moving so quickly; but I will catch up with it all properly after work today.

Just a really quick post as I’m at work and hiding in the loo to post this:
1. Phandom drama is hilarious but I feel some of this has been made to draw attention away from the feelings around the pdp issues.

2. I am side eyeing Dan and Phil extremely hard after the liveshow and then not making any comments about the weekend, not even mentioning that they know how upset some fans are. I think that is in very poor taste of them. The liveshow came across as them trying to hype other stuff such as the board game to distract from the issue. They seemed a bit all over the place in my opinion and it seemed more filler than anything else. In all the years I’ve been watching them, I’ve never seen them so desperate to try and sell spooky week by saying how good the decorations are, how phil is trying out the recipe, trying to tell us one of the games. Phil is trying out the recipe?? Huh, do they normally do that! I assumed it was a one go attempt! All of this was to try and move away from the hundreds of messages they got sent in the chat asking ‘how was marzias birthdah’ They’ve never stayed silent on a trip to see those people before, funny they do now!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

missemma wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 am I am super late to all discussions as usual because work is making me so busy and there are so many posts I would like to give the thumbs up to (I wish we had the thanks button). I haven’t had a chance to even read the new thread as things are moving so quickly; but I will catch up with it all properly after work today.

Just a really quick post as I’m at work and hiding in the loo to post this:
1. Phandom drama is hilarious but I feel some of this has been made to draw attention away from the feelings around the pdp issues.

2. I am side eyeing Dan and Phil extremely hard after the liveshow and then not making any comments about the weekend, not even mentioning that they know how upset some fans are. I think that is in very poor taste of them. The liveshow came across as them trying to hype other stuff such as the board game to distract from the issue. They seemed a bit all over the place in my opinion and it seemed more filler than anything else. In all the years I’ve been watching them, I’ve never seen them so desperate to try and sell spooky week by saying how good the decorations are, how phil is trying out the recipe, trying to tell us one of the games. Phil is trying out the recipe?? Huh, do they normally do that! I assumed it was a one go attempt! All of this was to try and move away from the hundreds of messages they got sent in the chat asking ‘how was marzias birthdah’ They’ve never stayed silent on a trip to see those people before, funny they do now!
Long discussion coming through... :lol:
I skipped watching the liveshow last night and decided to watch it this morning while doing my makeup - First I read posts here, some people saying it was fine and no one saw a difference, others saying it was a distraction. I turned it on and wow, they were hyped. Like, more so than usual. I was expecting at least a 'update' on what they've been doing, aside from spooky week, which seemed to take over the entire liveshow (which is understandable as its a fun week) BUT Dan almost always, if actually always, talks about trips. Like I can't remember the last time he didn't. And it was incredibly strange that he didn't bring it up at all. So, for me, I think this liveshow was one big distraction, and spooky week starting today is perfect timing as they can literally talk about other things, with their weekend being overshadowed.

I'd just like to say, I am not a WOC, nor am I jewish, and I fully understand people who are that are upset. I also understand people who aren't, who are upset. Because racism is an awful thing, and to have your favourite people associated with that understandably brings negative connotations and emotions. Especially when there is no explanation, no clarity, not even a tiny mention of anything. If people aren't offended by Felix, then that is their opinion, and you obviously have a right to it.

Take Jacksepticeye for example, he has called out Felix before, and I was happy he did because things should not be brushed under the carpet, he is friendly with him now, but he brought it up and had his say (and to some degree was bashed for it) Is this what Dan and Phil are scared of?

I think one of my main problems with it all is the normalisation that, that kind of behaviour (from Felix) is 'normal' or is something that shouldn't be addressed. To young viewers, who maybe don't know any better, how does this come across? I know if my younger brother watched pewdiepie and dan and phil, and was made aware of them being friends/hanging out after the racist comments and past comments, I'd be mortified. Because it just seems like it's 'ok' - to me them not addressing the issue is irresponsible. I'm not saying I'm 'unstanning' or whatever, but I am disappointed, because I trust them a lot and I thought they would of at least had addressed it in some way. Does this make sense?
They should hang out with who they like, as I've said before, and of course their life is theirs and their decision is theirs too. But they have an audience, some of which are impressionable. I really hope they talk about it at some point.
I am excited for spooky week, but I am also feeling a lot of negativity surrounding them at the minute.

(Let me know if I have offended any of you, I really hope I didn't, I don't mean to hurt anybodys feelings. I'm still sick, so I am hoping to christ some of this makes sense.)

EDIT: I know that Felix has apologised for remarks he has made, but my point still stands, there is still that association there. Regardless if he was joking or not, it's still bad. Do I expect Dan and Phil to call him out? Probably not. But at least say something.
Last edited by lishachi on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
:biflag: :blackheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I’m really surprised that people actually thought that Dan was going to talk about the whole thing in his live show.
Also we knew that the ls was at least going to be a partially joint one since Phil had already said he would pop in. Plus them doing spooky week, means no live shows (no surprise) so a joint one now makes sense.

Also unpopular opinion: I don’t think that Dan and Phil owe anyone an apology. They went to a private party. Yeah some fans are (understandably) upset, but Dan and Phil are real people, not dolls for us to dictate who to hang out with.
If they were to support Felix on their platform (which I can’t see happening) then that is something they should apologize for.
katemko
delia smith

SquishPhan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 am I’m really surprised that people actually thought that Dan was going to talk about the whole thing in his live show.
Also we knew that the ls was at least going to be a partially joint one since Phil had already said he would pop in. Plus them doing spooky week, means no live shows (no surprise) so a joint one now makes sense.

Also unpopular opinion: I don’t think that Dan and Phil owe anyone an apology. They went to a private party. Yeah some fans are (understandably) upset, but Dan and Phil are real people, not dolls for us to dictate who to hang out with.
If they were to support Felix on their platform (which I can’t see happening) then that is something they should apologize for.
yeah this is kinda me too please donthurt me
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

SquishPhan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 am I’m really surprised that people actually thought that Dan was going to talk about the whole thing in his live show.

I don't think I was expecting him to fully address it all and go into depth about it, but a little comment or clarity would of been nice as people are upset. Maybe they don't know that, I have no idea.

I also don't know if they should apologise per say, just explain the situation perhaps. Dan said he was going to 'have a talk' or something with Felix, and he's not mentioned it, so people are kind of like ??? Like he brought up that he was essentially (I'm assuming here which I shouldn't) talk about things with Felix and then there's nothing. Just seems real odd. But I respect your opinion, they aren't dolls for us, we can't make them do anything. It was a private party. The pictures were tweeted though, so people can see everyone together there. I think curiosity is high, like what was said? Does that make sense oh lord idk :lol:
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

On another note, I find Phil's handgesture at 28:39 very interesting. You can see he's about to lean on Dan with his arm just after pushing him away, but at the last second he seems to remember they're on camera and his arm kind of hangs there for a second before he quickly takes it away. It looks kind of strange and they both fall quiet for a split second and then Dan has to remind Phil where he was at in the story before he continues.
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
rainydays
sofa crease

The liveshow was very cute in my opinion. I didn't really get any off/weird vibe from it. I guess the nervous energy, which I only perceived at times, was due to phil's sugar rush and the general excitment about spooky week maybe? I think it's a bit unfair to say that they were making up stories or oversharing to avoid talking about something else. Joint liveshows are always a bit all over the place and for some reason people always find something to pick up on in their behavior, especially with dan.
I remember people saying that dan seemed off even in the last joint liveshow in august and before that in the "lighthearted lester" one from march, some people were saying that he came across as irritated and was being sort of harsh on phil's opinions or whatever. Basically what I'm trying to say is, I think that's just how he is in joint liveshows.. a bit hyper. Joint liveshows have always been different from solo ones, dan is definitely calmer and softer in solo liveshows and I don't know why that is, but it wasn't just yesterday.

About the pwp issue, I want to offer a different perspective: are we sure they're even aware of how strongly the fandom reacted to it? I'm sure they're aware of the general issue and that some discussion is going on, but I think they might be more open to mention it, if they knew how much people have been hurt. And I'm not sure they do.
I'm on both twitter and tumblr and I've looked around a bit.
There's zero talk about this on twitter from what I could see, almost to the point where it seems like it's a different fandom from the one here. I scrolled back and some people did mention it when the picture came out on sunday, mainly saying that them hanging out with a racist doesn't mean they condone his behavior, and that was it.
There's definitely more discussion on tumblr, but it's still relegated to a certain corner, only selected blogs, rather than most of the community.
Then there's IDB, where the issue is being discussed the most.
Nothing in the YT comments either.
I guess it depends on where you think they lurk the most, but I think we can all agree that twitter is probably their go-to place to check indirects and replies and hashtags, and coicidentally that's also the place where almost nobody is discussing this.
I also checked out the comments under the liveshow after it was uploaded to dini. I scrolled back quite a bit to look at the least popular comments and there's still no mention at all. Only thing I've found is this one comment (with the two replies you can see) which isn't even specifically about the issue at hand:
I think this says a lot about how this "shitstorm" didn't reach very far in the fandom, even less among casual viewers. All this to say that maybe, just maybe, dan and phil aren't entirely aware of how genuinely upset a lot of their fans are. Call me naive, but I think they would mention it if they were aware. Well, dan at least. I love phil, but I don't expect him to talk about this ever, sadly. There's still a chance with dan though, even if his next liveshow is in two weeks. I think he might be more willing to bring it up when things have blown over a bit and if he realizes how genuinely upsetting the situation is for a lot of people.
However, I don't think spamming the comments during spooky week is the solution. If anything, it might make them even less willing to say anything.

On a less serious note, apprently popcorn discourse is a thing now lol. It's interesting bc that comment didn't stand out to me at all. In Italy (but maybe Europe in general?) it's far more common to not share popcorn. Small and medium size usually make for single portions. Also we rarely get butter on it. Not every cinema does it and I think people are generally not used to get butter with popcorn. I've never had it. :shrug:

edited bc apparently I can't spell and I hate typos sorry
Last edited by rainydays on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I didn’t expect them to talk about it, however, I can see why people would think he was going to. Yes, they did go to a private party but let’s not forget, it was Dan who bought it up and mentioned their weekend plans. He didn’t have to say anything, but he chose to bring the subject up (ultimately by trying to soften the subject by first saying they were going to PJ and Sophie’s). I like you, don’t want to specify who they can and cannot be friends with, it’s their life whatever they want to do is up to them; but that doesn’t stop me being disappointed they didn’t mention something about the situation (even tho I didn’t think they would and wanted them to prove me wrong). Dan and Phil are usually very attentive when it comes to their fan base and I am convinced they have seen some of the tweets/tumblr posts about the whole thing so I’m surprised they’ve just decided not to speak out about it really, even after Dan said he was going to have words with Felix. Why did he mention any of it!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

missemma wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:27 am
I didn’t expect them to talk about it, however, I can see why people would think he was going to. Yes, they did go to a private party but let’s not forget, it was Dan who bought it up and mentioned their weekend plans. He didn’t have to say anything, but he chose to bring the subject up (ultimately by trying to soften the subject by first saying they were going to PJ and Sophie’s). I like you, don’t want to specify who they can and cannot be friends with, it’s their life whatever they want to do is up to them; but that doesn’t stop me being disappointed they didn’t mention something about the situation (even tho I didn’t think they would and wanted them to prove me wrong). Dan and Phil are usually very attentive when it comes to their fan base and I am convinced they have seen some of the tweets/tumblr posts about the whole thing so I’m surprised they’ve just decided not to speak out about it really, even after Dan said he was going to have words with Felix. Why did he mention any of it!
:ribena: Totally agree. Definitely better put than my posts lol.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

lishachi wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:59 am

I don't think I was expecting him to fully address it all and go into depth about it, but a little comment or clarity would of been nice as people are upset. Maybe they don't know that, I have no idea.
I also don't know if they should apologise per say, just explain the situation perhaps. Dan said he was going to 'have a talk' or something with Felix, and he's not mentioned it, so people are kind of like ??? Like he brought up that he was essentially (I'm assuming here which I shouldn't) talk about things with Felix and then there's nothing. Just seems real odd. But I respect your opinion, they aren't dolls for us, we can't make them do anything. It was a private party. The pictures were tweeted though, so people can see everyone together there. I think curiosity is high, like what was said? Does that make sense oh lord idk :lol:
I do get wanting an explanation especially since Dan did bring it up. I also understand that if that talk happened it was a private conversation between two people that may never be talked about in public.
So if Dan never brings it up again, I understand it and won’t feel disappointed about it.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

First, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching Phil's video and the joint ls (even if there was too much pop culture talk for my taste). I only watched the ls once and that was before I read any comments on here, but it didn't seem to me at all that Dan was acting off. If anything, I found that Phil was a bit off in the end after his unusually firm "I didn't like it, sorry" remark about "Insidious" (or something? I didn't know what film they were talking about). I wasn't holding my breath for deppy to address the issue with Felix in depth (sorry), but I admit, I was waiting for at least some throwaway remark. What I'm thinking now is maybe they, too, need some time to process it?

Maybe I give them too much credit, idk. What I find really unfortunate with this whole situation is the timing, as it's the spooky week and they've already announced it, they can't really withhold it to have a conversation about racism. I mean, they can, financial reasons notwithstanding, but just imagine the outcry from some parts of the phandom it it were "SJWs who forced Dan and Phil to cancel their scheduled videos, it's a witch-hunt, what about free speech!!111" I would hope not, but although the discussions on this forum have been incredibly civil these few days (with the few exceptions), which I appreciate immensely, these few exceptions and what I understand is going on twitter and on tumblr (I don't use them for fandom purposes, so I can't really tell myself) didn't convince me. I have to say I completely understand and respect the position expressed by kuensukki and others about the need to address those issues and how it is unfortunate that people jump on board every time there is a queerbaiting discourse, yet everyone is uncomfortable talking about race. The problem is it IS uncomfortable talking about race, especially if you're white and live in a racist society (like many of us here, as showed by some answers to this very question in previous thread). For many people (and many of them white), phandom is their safe space, they don't want it to be uncomfortable (sometimes, they actively resist it, as we've just seen). Dan and Phil, too, want their channels to be a safe space, that's basically been their only thing for the last three years. Coincidentally, they are also white, while the topic of gender/sexuality (whatever your opinion on their orientation is) and mental health are entirely relevant to them. This is a painful process, is all I'm saying.

Now, I have a question for all of you who wanted deppy to address the party thing. Some people were ok with them continuing socializing with Felix in private, as long as we (and all the young impressionable children in the audience) don't know anything about it. Would you be ok with it if starting from now, Deppy never mention Felix by name or refer to him in any way, there are no more pictures with him anywhere and wherever other people mention social events attended by Felix (e.g. Marzia's birthday party next year), there are no mentions of Deppy and no confirmation (but also no denial) of their attending from other guests? Or you would still want some kind of statement? I'm genuinely curious and will be very thankful if you decide to answer (also, in a PM if you want).

One thing I'm VERY glad about is that I didn't find Dan and Phil before 2015, so I didn't have to witness the 2013 era, I don't know how you guys survived it, there's to y'all :ribena:

EDA: about the "why bring it up then" argument re: Dan's supposed talk with Felix, he didn't say he'd keep us updated, did he?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

twix wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 am catallena mentioned spamming the chat of the next liveshow whenever that might be. Do you all think incessantly commenting about the Felix situation on dnp's new videos might be an effective way of voicing disapproval? it's public in a way that posting on your own tumblr or w/e isn't and it looks really bad for them if they disable or filter comments.
oyoyoy I didn't say actually spamming (but if someone wants to do that fine). I just think it's important that just because he managed to avoid talking about his 'little talk' this time that that doesn't mean we'll forget like with all the other things. If only a select group people keep bringing it up and grill him about it in the chat at least he'll know that he can't always get away with ignoring things. He does often rely on the phandom's collective Golden Retriever syndrome. If we can do it for that damn week in March we can do it for this.

I think we should leave videos alone though.. except if there is every another collab with Felix of course. Then go crazy :')
Last edited by Catallena on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr