Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

My heart could just explode, that January picture is absolutely killing me. Happy Birthday Dad? I could die. I remember people here predicted the corgi in January! Not only is IDB full of detectives, but also psychic detectives. :tu:

I'm really wanting to see the rest of the months! (Especially December, yay my birth month and apparently Dan's favorite? Hmm :blackheart:)

Anyway, I remember them talking about their inspiration for their calendar and "taking the piss" and whatever, I'm just... No hahah. This is a couples photo shoot with dogs. There's nothing funny or ironic about it, it's just freaking cute.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
Flomy
sofa crease

Damn that calendar looks amazing. January is already killing me, that look on Dan's face! The dog! The balloons! I really want to buy one but PayPal keeps asking for a creditcard (which I don't have) so that's fun. :"")
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ewok wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:20 pm My heart could just explode, that January picture is absolutely killing me. Happy Birthday Dad? I could die. I remember people here predicted the corgi in January! Not only is IDB full of detectives, but also psychic detectives. :tu:

I'm really wanting to see the rest of the months! (Especially December, yay my birth month and apparently Dan's favorite? Hmm :blackheart:)

Anyway, I remember them talking about their inspiration for their calendar and "taking the piss" and whatever, I'm just... No hahah. This is a couples photo shoot with dogs. There's nothing funny or ironic about it, it's just freaking cute.
I was born in December too! Let's hope it's a good one :D
And yeah, I'm a little scared of them explaining the calendar in some stupid way, I guess that fear is always there for me. But I agree with you, there is no other explanation, they look like a married couple doing a photoshoot with their (many) dogs.
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Omg the calendar is hilarious! I dont think i'm going to get it as i cant afford it, but for the past 2 christmas' ive gotten some advent calendars for me and my son, so ive got to carry that tradition on! I also threw in a Medium dan and phil uk tour t-shirt as i love a good baggy t-shirt! I wonder if i can get away with wearing it outside? I did see a girl the other day wearing a dan and phil backpack and has to stop myself saying hi (haha!) i'm 30, that would be kinda weird!
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Ablissa wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 pm
Ewok wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:20 pm
My heart could just explode, that January picture is absolutely killing me. Happy Birthday Dad? I could die. I remember people here predicted the corgi in January! Not only is IDB full of detectives, but also psychic detectives. :tu:

And yeah, I'm a little scared of them explaining the calendar in some stupid way, I guess that fear is always there for me. But I agree with you, there is no other explanation, they look like a married couple doing a photoshoot with their (many) dogs.
Yay, birthday buddies! :bros:
I'm guessing it'll be Xmas themed, I've always had to deal with Xmas overshadowing my birth month. Wah. Wonder if it'll be different than what's on the advent calendar? It has to be doesn't it?
Oh god my inner demon just thought mistletoe. Gahhhhh. :garbage:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
iero
phabergé

the calendar looks adorable, i can't wait to see the rest of the pictures
the pink & shibe one :love2:
i'd LOVE to see a ditl of this photoshoot or something bc seeing them interact with the dogs would be 2 cute
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I had such a chilled afternoon (mostly sleeping) and then saw Phil’s tweet notification and the Dalmation photo slayed me. The fluffy-spotted jumpers! My heart was off. April’s pink raincoats and falling petals with, of course, a Shibe and an umbrella. The not-actually-that-subtle smaller balloons in the background printed with Happy Birthday Dad as if they couldn’t have got some printed with Phil’s name if they’d wanted to. You probably have to order 50 or something so maybe just easier to go with a hilarious daddy joke ;) The cover photo is basically a couple’s Christmas card. Snap, Ablissa and Ewok, I’m also December.

I was not expecting the headers and Dan’s contemplative pink icon too. Those green dungarees and chihuahuas planted in pots... tbh the brown dog looks a bit annoyed, but hopefully they were all happy to be held etc. I’d love to see the rest of those dungarees (ngl, I want to see how they fit at the back).

The advent calendar looks great too, I like how it’s landscape this time. Looking forward to the making-of video, though won’t hold my breath for dungaree-shots, I’m sure it’ll be adorable all round. They’ve got so much older stuff on sale, I imagine they won’t be restocking all of it.

I love the table idea for cons and I’d forgotten Dan mentioning a festival style would be better, more intrigued now how they’d do it, will wait and see, but I love hearing everyone’s suggestions. I hope they’re reading when it comes to things like this.
rainydays
sofa crease

I'm torn on whether to get the calendar or not. On one hand I don't need it, as I never use calendars anyway bc they make me anxious (it's silly, I know). On the other hand, January is my birthday month and that picture is freaking cute. As are all the others.

It might be premature, but @dan and phil for next year, do it with kittens and I shall give you all my money without thinking twice. please and thank you :love2:
Last edited by rainydays on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auri
Pronouns: they/them

These pictures have srsly cured my depression thank you dan and phil i am now free.

I mean?? I'm in love. I'm also expecting a engagement announcement in a week or so.
sunshinias
spork

Ewok wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm guessing it'll be Xmas themed, I've always had to deal with Xmas overshadowing my birth month. Wah. Wonder if it'll be different than what's on the advent calendar? It has to be doesn't it?
I lowkey really want this but I can tell it won't be happening

I could see them kissing some cute dog noses though. :mistletoe:
apparently we actually have a mistletoe emoji
rainydays wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 pmIt might be premature, but @dan and phil for next year, do it with kittens and I shall give you all my money without thinking twice. please and thank you :love2:
YES to this. These are cute and all but CATS <3
Last edited by sunshinias on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
secretagentphan
procrastinator

sunshinias wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 pm

All my demon wants is for them to be kissing opposite cheeks of the same dog in between them.. that’s all I want.. my depression will be cured lol
sunshinias
spork

secretagentphan wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:57 pm

All my demon wants is for them to be kissing opposite cheeks of the same dog in between them.. that’s all I want.. my depression will be cured lol
...that's not what I was picturing at all but this would be the cutest thing.

I can already picture the phan edits that would come from that :lol:
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
BSV

secretagentphan wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Haha and the inevitable photoshopping that will ensue! :rofl:
lorelei
phillion/danosaur <//3

I've never bought merch from them before, but... I had to buy the calendar. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. :happytears: (Also a whisker mug, because I've got a mug hoarding problem.)
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

flarequake wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 pm The cover photo is basically a couple’s Christmas card. Snap, Ablissa and Ewok, I’m also December.

I'm in December too! So excited.

I don't really know if I'm going to buy the calendar because I don't feel comfortable having at my office. I would just get it for my room, but I'm about to relocate to my hometown for my job and will be living with my parents for all of 2018 (yay for being a successful 23yo with a career moving back in with my parents). I think they would be a bit judgemental.

I am thinking of getting a galaxy shirt, however. That's a low key way to rep Deppy. Can anyone tell me what the fit is like? I'm torn between a medium and a large. I can fit into a medium and larges are sometimes too big, but also sometimes perfect. I'm also training for a half marathon so idk!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
nigel ratburn

I JUST CAME HOME AND MY HEART IS FALLING OUT OF MY ASS

how are you all this fine day i hope you are well
Reizam
butt chair

Ahhh I'm so excited to see the video behind all this! Does anyone know if I buy from the US shop or the worldwide shop if I live in Canada?

Also as quoted from the newsletter:

http://mailchi.mp/danandphilshop/dan-an ... ab1055949d
In the style of awkward family photos and 80’s pet photo shoots we have actually made a whole calendar with not 1, not 2, but 12 different types of dogs! All with a strong aesthetic theme for each month of the year.
So yeah... to all those getting couples Christmas card vibes, there's that.

P.S. It also says in the newsletter that the advent calendar had a "pom-tastic (and bonus Samoyed) design"... I'm a huge fan of sammies, any idea what that could mean? I can't see it on the front of the calendar, maybe the back?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I am thinking of getting a galaxy shirt, however. That's a low key way to rep Deppy. Can anyone tell me what the fit is like? I'm torn between a medium and a large. I can fit into a medium and larges are sometimes too big, but also sometimes perfect. I'm also training for a half marathon so idk!
I'm 5'2 with a larger chest and hips, and I got a medium in the galaxy sweater, thinking that it would be fine. However when I got it, it's far too big. Cozy and wearable, but i sort of drown in it. I also got the black cartoon graphic t-shirt a few years back in a small, and since I'm a tiny person and it's unisex, despite the size it still comes halfway down my thighs lol (also i regret wasting my limited funds on the black shirt because I feel awkward as hell wearing it out, but i was young, naive and wanted to support them so think more than I did before you buy! lol)

Basically my point is that their unisex items fit bigger than you would think, so I would advise sizing down, unless you're a curvier person, in which case go with your usual sizing.

(Also sorry for any weird formatting, I'm on mobile rn)
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Try having your birthday the day before actual christmas, talk about being overshadowed by christmas :tantrum: (but also yay so many december birthdays here! :platonic: )

That said, these photos are ridiculously gay cute and I'm incredibly tempted to buy an actual calendar despite not having used one for years :lol: Good thing I'm incredibly broke, I don't have enough money for things like this.

I'm also impressed by Dan's twitter profile photo. Only Dan can manage to look depressed and serious in a pink outfit, surrounded by bright pink everywhere :lol: :lol:
obscureDnPreference wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:08 pm
flarequake wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 pm The cover photo is basically a couple’s Christmas card. Snap, Ablissa and Ewok, I’m also December.

I'm in December too! So excited.

I don't really know if I'm going to buy the calendar because I don't feel comfortable having at my office. I would just get it for my room, but I'm about to relocate to my hometown for my job and will be living with my parents for all of 2018 (yay for being a successful 23yo with a career moving back in with my parents). I think they would be a bit judgemental.

I don't know about the shirt, but I got the galaxy sweater and even after I did all the measurements the M was too large. I only wear it with the sleeves rolled up insanely much, but I still kind of drown in it. (I'm also honestly a bit disappointed in the quality, it's thinner than I expected and it's pilling like mad after only wearing it a couple of times.)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm Would Dan and Phil really go for chit-chat-based events? I feel like their past con attendances have always had a filter when it came to audience interaction (have they ever had a Q&A panel with an open mic?) - I guess it's to avoid uncomfortable questions. There are M&Gs, of course, but they are mostly about "How are you/Do you want a photo/Have a nice day", aren't they? IDK if I can see Dan and Phil sitting down on tables with people who probably just all wanna ask the phan-question. I wouldn't see myself go to an event like that; I think I'd die from second-hand embarassement.
It wasn’t a chit-chat event per say, but when we went to the iTunes Q&A they did in 2015 it was totally unscripted with questions from the audience that were written 20 minutes beforehand and weren’t screened (I say that because my question was read out and was about the time in Vegas that will never be discussed - the question was obviously a joke because I made that clear but wasn’t veto’d by them beforehand) but they still answered them. There was quite a lot of interaction with the audience which free flowed from the questions asked by the host. I would love it if they held small group Q&As like that (there were about 50 at the iTunes thing but you could make it bigger I guess) with a photo opportunity after. Would make it less awkward for both parties as I am sure there would be a number of fans who get easily star struck (again I say that because I witnessed someone fainting/many people crying at their book signing in Milton Keynes) so not so much pressure to ask a question or say anything if you didn’t want to.

Not sure how they could pull something off like that though seeing as it would only be small numbers of fans per event. Tatinof has 2,000 people approximately at each night with 100 VIP m&g. The dapgo event was similar in size but without the m&g. The table idea does seem really good though, wouldn’t it be kinda boring though just sitting around and waiting for your turn!? As someone who is a lot bit older, wouldn’t it be awkward if I got put on a table with 10 other 13-14 year olds, they’d all be looking at me like “which one is your child” :lol:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
fancybum
senpai

Reizam wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 pm Ahhh I'm so excited to see the video behind all this! Does anyone know if I buy from the US shop or the worldwide shop if I live in Canada?
We have to order from the worldwide shop, I think shipping is usually a min of £9.99 (but goes up depending on what you get).
rainydays wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 pmIt might be premature, but @dan and phil for next year, do it with kittens and I shall give you all my money without thinking twice. please and thank you :love2:
YES to this. These are cute and all but CATS <3
Saaaaaame :happytears:
And just to make up for Phil having to suffer through the allergies, they can do a hamster theme for 2019. Everybody wins?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

missemma wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm Would Dan and Phil really go for chit-chat-based events? I feel like their past con attendances have always had a filter when it came to audience interaction (have they ever had a Q&A panel with an open mic?) - I guess it's to avoid uncomfortable questions. There are M&Gs, of course, but they are mostly about "How are you/Do you want a photo/Have a nice day", aren't they? IDK if I can see Dan and Phil sitting down on tables with people who probably just all wanna ask the phan-question. I wouldn't see myself go to an event like that; I think I'd die from second-hand embarassement.
It wasn’t a chit-chat event per say, but when we went to the iTunes Q&A they did in 2015 it was totally unscripted with questions from the audience that were written 20 minutes beforehand and weren’t screened (I say that because my question was read out and was about the time in Vegas that will never be discussed - the question was obviously a joke because I made that clear but wasn’t veto’d by them beforehand) but they still answered them. There was quite a lot of interaction with the audience which free flowed from the questions asked by the host. I would love it if they held small group Q&As like that (there were about 50 at the iTunes thing but you could make it bigger I guess) with a photo opportunity after. Would make it less awkward for both parties as I am sure there would be a number of fans who get easily star struck (again I say that because I witnessed someone fainting/many people crying at their book signing in Milton Keynes) so not so much pressure to ask a question or say anything if you didn’t want to.

Not sure how they could pull something off like that though seeing as it would only be small numbers of fans per event. Tatinof has 2,000 people approximately at each night with 100 VIP m&g. The dapgo event was similar in size but without the m&g. The table idea does seem really good though, wouldn’t it be kinda boring though just sitting around and waiting for your turn!? As someone who is a lot bit older, wouldn’t it be awkward if I got put on a table with 10 other 13-14 year olds, they’d all be looking at me like “which one is your child” :lol:
If they did it, it would be nice to have a short form to fill in with ages, friends already attending, interests etc so they could group us older people together :D
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

Sorry fancybum but this will be their last calendar. Dan said in his ls a couple weeks ago that they weren't going to do one this year until Martyn thought up this idea. They both felt like it was a perfect way to end the calendars.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 pm Sorry fancybum but this will be their last calendar. Dan said in his ls a couple weeks ago that they weren't going to do one this year until Martyn thought up this idea. They both felt like it was a perfect way to end the calendars.
Dan definitely did say that, but like with a lot of things I kind of wonder if this one sells super well if they'll be talked into doing another one? They have a long habit of indicating they might not do something and then deciding to do it.
lilabet wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:56 pm
missemma wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm
If they did it, it would be nice to have a short form to fill in with ages, friends already attending, interests etc so they could group us older people together :D
With all the ones like that I did in the past, you picked where you sat and who with - it wasn't an assigned thing. I can imagine it would be incredibly awkward if you did get put with a bunch of random people!
fancybum
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 pm Sorry fancybum but this will be their last calendar. Dan said in his ls a couple weeks ago that they weren't going to do one this year until Martyn thought up this idea. They both felt like it was a perfect way to end the calendars.
Shhhhhh get out of here with the constant buzzkill that is Reality and Facts :lol: . I mean he was talking about their monthly calendars being over. What if they're going to start making those daily things where you rip off a sheet of paper each day? 365 cats instead of 12. Or they could do a 'word of the day' thing full of their gibberish (lady door, burger gay, they've got material for years).

I definitely meant 2020 in my last post, not 2019, because apparently I don't know what year it is and I just needed to correct that
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me