Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
User avatar
fancybum
angel bean
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by fancybum » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm

liola wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:57 pm
I don't think they're pushing the friends narrative more than they've done in the past honestly, If ever compared to the past years they're more and more domestic and affectionate and flirty on camera, even if they still call each other friends. And I mean, it's not like they can use any other word unless they confirm their relationship, right?
Last comment on this because I'm even annoying myself now, but nobody said they're pushing it more lately and that's not what I meant. They're just putting it out there the same as they have always done and that is the message in itself. Nothing's changed as far as how they define each other publicly and even as 'domestic' as they are, they're still navigating it all under the official definition of friends with no indication of that very specific sticking point wavering. There is no other word they could use without confirming their relationship, true, so using it is actively not confirming their relationship (beyond friendship). So imo, the calendar, the 'literal other half', whatever else people think is some shocking departure from the constantly evolving norm, isn't them leading up to something rather than them just existing in a way they haven't before.

But anyway. Dog video. Where is it.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me



User avatar
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by rizzo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Hypothesis:
Phil is traveling to or is already in Florida.

Reasoning:
a) b) c) November is traditionally the Lester family's second Florida trip, based on this tweet. (Thanks alittledizzy for the find!)
d) Releasing the dog vlog today would be a strong cover for not doing a LS (thus allowing him to be in FL unnoticed.)
e) He has nothing else going on (that we're aware of).

Conclusion:
No strong supporting evidence, but clues that point in that direction. Don't think that Dan would join, as it appears Cornelia is not. We should continue critical observation until further information is provided.

dae
dank meme
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:44 pm
Pronouns: They/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by dae » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:29 pm

re: coming out

tbh for the longest, I have never thought they would come out but as time goes on I just don't know??

I see it two ways they could stay living with each other buy a house a dog but let's say they are in a relationship they would want kids eventually (each of them have said so before) so they would either have to adopt or have a segregate and you can't really hide that sorta thing and it wouldn't be in the choice to keep this relationship as a secret and only refer to each other as "friends" then go WE ADOPTED A BABY it just wouldn't make sense.

But then what I think would most likely and this may just be my phan goggles :phangoggles: but I think they would announce their marriage not in a big way but like a small post and then that's it not ever really talk about it again except for maybe mentioning "planning a wedding" stress.

also this is off topic but im kinda sad about this tour like im happy but i just imagined next year being all about them getting a dog and buying a house but they are probably gonna be touring other countries for a while
"Accept that you don't really have to know everything and why"

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:33 pm

The next thread name seems like a foregone conclusion, but for the sake of sticking to routine...

If you've got any last minute thread name suggestions, leave them here!

I'll probably put up the poll a bit prematurely just to get a new post up before the puppy video truly explodes us all.

User avatar
liola
morning quiff
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by liola » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:35 pm

fancybum wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm
liola wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:57 pm
I don't think they're pushing the friends narrative more than they've done in the past honestly, If ever compared to the past years they're more and more domestic and affectionate and flirty on camera, even if they still call each other friends. And I mean, it's not like they can use any other word unless they confirm their relationship, right?
Last comment on this because I'm even annoying myself now, but nobody said they're pushing it more lately and that's not what I meant. They're just putting it out there the same as they have always done and that is the message in itself. Nothing's changed as far as how they define each other publicly and even as 'domestic' as they are, they're still navigating it all under the official definition of friends with no indication of that very specific sticking point wavering. There is no other word they could use without confirming their relationship, true, so using it is actively not confirming their relationship (beyond friendship). So imo, the calendar, the 'literal other half', whatever else people think is some shocking departure from the constantly evolving norm, isn't them leading up to something rather than them just existing in a way they haven't before.

But anyway. Dog video. Where is it.
I don't understabd why you're getting annoyed honestly, I think we're pretty much all saying the same thing: right now nothing screams a confirmation, which is why if this was supposed to be the way they're trying to "push" the viewers to see them as more than just friends, it isn't really working, at least not for casual viewers. Fans that have been following them for years, that know the context of the past 8 years and their beginning are pretty much already sure they're together. But we've been saying for months that they are more open with each other and acting in ways they haven't before, not in front of us, so we're all both expecting the next big thing and a back-track. Like I said, I don't expect them to come out any time soon, and even then I don't expect them to ever do in a big way because I don't see them as the type.
rizzo wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm
Hypothesis:
Phil is traveling to or is already in Florida.

Reasoning:
a) b) c) November is traditionally the Lester family's second Florida trip, based on this tweet. (Thanks alittledizzy for the find!)
d) Releasing the dog vlog today would be a strong cover for not doing a LS (thus allowing him to be in FL unnoticed.)
e) He has nothing else going on (that we're aware of).

Conclusion:
No strong supporting evidence, but clues that point in that direction. Don't think that Dan would join, as it appears Cornelia is not. We should continue critical observation until further information is provided.
Literally just saw Martyn's tweet nd thought the same thing! At first I thought it was just in IOM (didn't Phil say he was invited to his grandpa's bday?) but the swimming shorts and timing make me think Florida too. I don't think Dan is joining which i'm :( about cause..damn Florida earlier this year was so good to us.

I was already wondering if Phil would do a liveshow tonight, i'm now 90% sure we won't and we're getting the dogs calendar. Wonder how long before he's spotted at an airport though
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and how cute Phil Lester is.

dae
dank meme
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:44 pm
Pronouns: They/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by dae » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 pm

I thought we could test idb's pyschic skills (and since new years is getting closer and closer) by playing a little game!

so basically all you have to do is make a list of your predictions for the end of this year and all of next year.

also feel free to think up some unique ones the funnier the better!

heres my list



End of 2017:
pinof is really really gay (buts that's obviously going to happen anyway)

Dan wins BONCAS creator of the year and brings phil up on stage by saying something like "since a certain someone shared his award last year i feel its only fair to share mine with him" (i feel like this is really likely especially since Dan's depression video made it on headlines and was a very brave thing to do)

ga(y)mingmas happens again (obvs)

they reenact in heartbeat in December

the entirety of the end of this year is really big and explosive like a season finale
2018:
Their tour is announced sometime around April but they don't go on tour until June.

They go to Sitc this year and possibly vidcon Europe.

They move out of of their current flat sometime around the beginning of 2018 and into a proper home but they don't get a dog until December of next year.

its too early to predict anything else for next year but i'll probably add to this eventually
"Accept that you don't really have to know everything and why"

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Definitely thinking there's a good chance that Phil is in Florida, too - and it'll be interesting to see how Dan handles being alone, since unless they had any trips we didn't know about this will be the first time Dan's alone since he's off meds? I wonder if he'll hang around the apartment or if he'll go visit his own family or if maybe he'll just make plans with his non-Phil friends and keep busy.

(This is not me saying I don't think Dan can handle being alone, to be clear. I'm just interested in how he adapts to a major shift in pattern from what he's been able to rely on since going off meds.)

obscureDnPreference
hobbit hair
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:03 pm
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Location: United States, but almost Canada

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by obscureDnPreference » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:48 pm

dae wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 pm
Dan wins BONCAS creator of the year and brings phil up on stage by saying something like "since a certain someone shared his award last year i feel its only fair to share mine with him" (i feel like this is really likely especially since Dan's depression video made it on headlines and was a very brave thing to do)
I would be totally down for this, but I don't think the BONCAs are happening this year. Their website hasn't been updated in a year and they haven't tweeted. And the event would hypothetically be in the next few weeks so we'd definitely know something by now.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17

User avatar
Katka
#relatable
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:22 pm
Pronouns: they/she

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by Katka » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:48 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:20 pm
I'm also on team 'not gonna officially come out' and I think they'll ride the friend train even as the walls disintegrate around them until it's just the two of them wobbling along the tracks on one wheel like a unicycle but still adamantly referring to each other as 'friend' in main channel videos.
I agree and also thanks for that mental image. :love1: I also don't think they'll ever do a big announcement but I do think they might address it at one point in the near future in their own way. I've been actively interested in them since 2013 and I do know that the phandom tends to freak out and suspect a coming out every year right before Pinof but somehow this year just feels different because they're different. I don't think they'll come out and I'm still not even sure what I believe but if they're together I think they'll make it transparent soon enough. (You can basically feel my confusion about everything just radiating off of this post and my last one, I'm so sorry :lol:.)
(used to be Birdie)

User avatar
Stakhanov
hobbit hair
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: he / him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by Stakhanov » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:50 pm

They have always presented themselves as friends. It's always just some part of the audience that has assumed they are a couple. They used to deny it, now they are just silently about it. Letting everyone believe what they want while doing what they do. They don't shy away from flirting with the audience either, and they know they'll find a lot of enthusiasm and views if they prentend to be more "cute", "coupley" or "domestic". So that's at least part of the reason why we see what they show us. From the very first PINOF (it's almost there :love1: ), you can notice that they are aware about it,, with Dan ending the video with "It's supposed to be cheesy". He knows many of us love cheesy. They aren't blind to the major reason they sell out tours and merch. "The fans want to see us look like a couple while playing with dogs? Great, we'll do a professional photoshoot and they can buy their perfect ship". And it works :lol: The D&P merch empire is steadily expanding.
In light of that, i think people might read way to much into their behavior on camera/on a calendar. They are entertainers first and they're good at it ;). I think they already shared their relationship status, but many choose not to believe their denials. They have never come out on a video either - though Dan did share his mental health struggle. I take that as a sign that they either don't want to; think it's irrelevant; or there's also the possibility that they are (mostly) straight and don't want to disenchant the audience - or fear the reaction.
I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me
It's just the way it changes like the shoreline and the sea

VengefulBlue
cheeky #spon
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 am
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by VengefulBlue » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:00 pm

phil's response to zoe is actually the funniest thing. just another example of "dnp are the laziest gift givers ever (to their youtube friends)". somebody mentioned this recently when truth bombs came out and dnp sent it/gave it to several friends, including bday girl. it just makes me laugh.

i hate the phrase "coming out" so much, and in this context it makes more sense to say "going public". that said, i think there's basically two options for them here.

1. they keep on this route, get more and more publicly demonstrative until one day they tweet/Instagram something that leaves no room for doubt, but at that point everyone already knows so it's nbd (ie. they post wedding pics, mention they've got their forever home, refer to both of them as dads of their dog, etc)
2. they never say anything about it ever, and just go about their lives the way they have been lately, even when Big Life Things happen (ie. they buy a house, get a dog, raise kids - but they don't post wedding pics or kiss on camera or whatever, and they still call each other best friends)

personally i would like option 1, because i'm a sap and would love to see cute pics and hear about date nights and see them be all lovey and.... i've just realized we already have all that. so what more "demonstrative" thing could they do, aside from posting literal wedding pics or calling each other husbands? sure, maybe they'll do that one day. i can imagine dan calling phil the worst husband for something stupid. i can imagine aesthetic wedding photos.

BUT, i can imagine option 2 just as clearly. and tbh it would be kinda funny, and still let them live without hiding anything. if they did, most viewers would get it and not consider it "lying", and some people would choose to believe that they're raising a kid as bros, or that it's phil's secret wife's kid and dan doesn't really live there, or whatever they want to believe. by not saying anything they could keep profiting from both groups. i wouldn't be mad about it.
tl;dr- i think they'll live exactly as they are right now, and maybe they'll one day do something undeniable. they are best friends before anything else. and aside from saying boyfriend/fiance/husband/partner (instead of friend) or posting wedding pics, there's not much they aren't already doing.

i agree that phil is probably with family in florida, i hope we get that video soon, and i'm with dizzy on wondering how dan will do/is doing with phil away.

...i just spent 2 hours typing this, jfc

User avatar
Stakhanov
hobbit hair
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: he / him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by Stakhanov » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:12 pm

liola wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:35 pm
fancybum wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm
liola wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:57 pm
I don't think they're pushing the friends narrative more than they've done in the past honestly, If ever compared to the past years they're more and more domestic and affectionate and flirty on camera, even if they still call each other friends. And I mean, it's not like they can use any other word unless they confirm their relationship, right?
Last comment on this because I'm even annoying myself now, but nobody said they're pushing it more lately and that's not what I meant. They're just putting it out there the same as they have always done and that is the message in itself. Nothing's changed as far as how they define each other publicly and even as 'domestic' as they are, they're still navigating it all under the official definition of friends with no indication of that very specific sticking point wavering. There is no other word they could use without confirming their relationship, true, so using it is actively not confirming their relationship (beyond friendship). So imo, the calendar, the 'literal other half', whatever else people think is some shocking departure from the constantly evolving norm, isn't them leading up to something rather than them just existing in a way they haven't before.

But anyway. Dog video. Where is it.
I don't understabd why you're getting annoyed honestly, I think we're pretty much all saying the same thing: right now nothing screams a confirmation, which is why if this was supposed to be the way they're trying to "push" the viewers to see them as more than just friends, it isn't really working, at least not for casual viewers. Fans that have been following them for years, that know the context of the past 8 years and their beginning are pretty much already sure they're together. But we've been saying for months that they are more open with each other and acting in ways they haven't before, not in front of us, so we're all both expecting the next big thing and a back-track. Like I said, I don't expect them to come out any time soon, and even then I don't expect them to ever do in a big way because I don't see them as the type.
Hi, i just wanted to point out that I don't think that's the case. The 2017 Dan and Phil survey, which mostly targeted "phandom members" polled this question. Even among this non casual audience, the opinion that they are in a long term romantic relationship is only held by a minority. I know you wouldn't think this if you casually just browse this general thread, but it's not so that the context of 8 years makes all sure they're together ;)


Image
I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me
It's just the way it changes like the shoreline and the sea

User avatar
AroboticPhil
living flop
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:24 am
Pronouns: she

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by AroboticPhil » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:28 pm

It does sound quite likely that Phil is going to/is in Florida and yes I agree, looks like no liveshow tonight (but DOGS so it's fine, they really know how to deal with their audience) :love2:
The only thing I'm a bit confused about is that with spooky week and all that, did they have enough time to prefilm some gaming videos ?
Also it would mean like a month without Phil liveshows (it's already been 2 weeks since the last one) :(
But yeah, I guess if Phil is gone like 10 days, then 3 videos might be enough and Dan can even livestream alone once.
Sad that he's probably not going with the Lesters but he's already been once this year and 2017 has treated us well enough!

User avatar
Ablissa
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by Ablissa » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Phil just confirmed no liveshow tonight. Florida theory is rising! I want Dan to go too :cry:

User avatar
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by rizzo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:30 pm


George
delia smith’s placenta
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by George » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:47 pm

To add to the whole coming out/go public discussion, do you think Dan feels a need to be aunthetic? I remember him saying once in a liveshow something along the lines "being authentic makes you happy". I wonder if that is something he has discussed in therapy. While there are business reasons etc. not to confirm anything, it's also stressful to be careful all the time and I wonder how much mental aspects of all this affect to their decisions.

Also VengefulBlue (I'm on mobile so I won't quote rn), your option 2 sounds absolutely hilarious. If that's what's coming, I'll be laughing on the floor.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:16 pm


Locked