Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Viofish wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:24 am quick question but, how many people here are going to go to their Vancouver show?? I hope it doesn't sell out super quickly, (VIP that is) because I'm gonna go, but I won't have the money until like 5 pm. For anyone who bought tickets for tatinof, did the VIP from every show always sell out super quick???
They usually sell out of VIP within seconds, to be honest.

That’s interesting about the brain tour, I think noticing those things is fine.

When they said they might do the liveshow on Wednesday, I read that as UK time, they default to their own timezone when they tell us when they’re doing something.
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Does anyone know how expensive tickets will be? I haven't been able to find prices anywhere, esp for VIP tickets
Viofish
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

nerdysporks wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:04 am Does anyone know how expensive tickets will be? I haven't been able to find prices anywhere, esp for VIP tickets
around 150 American, or like 215 Canadian
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
Viofish
glabella

Viofish wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 am
nerdysporks wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:04 am Does anyone know how expensive tickets will be? I haven't been able to find prices anywhere, esp for VIP tickets
around 150 American, or like 215 Canadian

Edit: oops those are the vip prices, but they run as cheap as 60 bucks
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
blackdenim
procrastinator

How quickly do you guys think standard tickets will sell out? I definitely got my Leeds TATINOF tickets a good couple of weeks after they went on sale, because I was umm-ing and ahh-ing and trying to get my ex or my best friend to go with me. But for some reason, I have a feeling these will sell out a lot faster? I have a meeting from 2-4pm on Tuesday and I'm considering pushing it to another day so I can be online bang on 4 :lol:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Am I too late to talk about the gaming stream? I am 15 minutes into the video and the unsynced video/audio/webcam is driving me insane (again). I actually have the strong desire to send a superchat if I am around the next time. It's not that hard to fix in OBS!
Flomy
sofa crease

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:00 am Am I too late to talk about the gaming stream? I am 15 minutes into the video and the unsynced video/audio/webcam is driving me insane (again). I actually have the strong desire to send a superchat if I am around the next time. It's not that hard to fix in OBS!
Same! I would sponsor your superchat, lol. So annoying to hear them scream before something is happening in the game, it's like a one second spoiler.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

i know it's just a twitter reply, but jesus christ i need these two to keep interacting with each other
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
Waggle9007
sofa crease

For those asking about the price of tickets, certainly for the Sheffield date, it's on the website as 'from £16.80', which is significantly less than I thought it would be!

Maybe try checking the venue you want to go to's website and see if the price is already up? Not sure if it's the same for all venues though, or if some have put it up when they weren't meant to!

The link if anyone's interested!:

http://www.sheffieldcityhall.co.uk/even ... -Phil-2018
DatCog
blobfish

Brighton show details are up (28th April) - there will be 2 performances in the afternoon and evening!
When
Sat 28 Apr 2018, 2pm & 8pm (doors 1pm & 7pm)

The show includes a 20 minute interval. Please arrive promptly to help the show start on time.

Tickets
£27.50, £47.50, £62.50*

Limit of 8 tickets per person, please bring ID of ticket booker to the show

VIP Tickets £101.50*
Includes best seats, meet & greet with Dan & Phil, and exclusive tour gifts

Other info
*There is a £2 per order charge (excludes Members). Additional postage charges (50p standard or £1.50 Signed for mail) apply

Under 14s must be accompanied by a person aged 18 or over.

Photography and video recording is prohibited, all electronic devices must be turned off during the show.

Merchandise will be available to purchase before and after the show.

VIP Ticket info:
VIPs should please arrive 3.5 hours before the listed start of the show. You will be issued a wristband and shown to the meet-up area. All VIPs will meet Dan and Phil and have the opportunity to have one item signed and to take a selfie. Please be aware that there will not be a professional photographer on site, so if you would like a photo, please bring your own camera or phone - also make sure it’s charged and with enough storage!

After you have met Dan and Phil you will be given a gift bag including exclusive VIP tour merchandise. You’ll also be able to hang out with other VIPs, sign the guest book and listen to a special playlist curated by Dan and Phil.

Link to page: https://brightondome.org/event/16310/da ... orld_tour/
Waggle9007
sofa crease

You have to laugh at venues not quite understanding d+p. Brighton's posting for the show: (huge image so under spoiler)

'Interactive Extroverts'
DatCog
blobfish

Waggle9007 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:32 pm You have to laugh at venues not quite understanding d+p. Brighton's posting for the show: (huge image so under spoiler)

'Interactive Extroverts'
:roll: :lol:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

I echo alittledizzy in that i hope they keep up the live gaming streams over the tour; though I predict wifi is going to be a big setback on that front.

Two favourite moments from yesterday, one cute, one less innocent. but both nostalgic. phil asking for a 'lullaby' (14.35), my hearrrrt. which old school video is that throwing back to? my memory is trash. can someone recall?

and the alien anal probing (lmao) at 20.45. I miss Super Amazing Project. dan was so determined to get his point across there, and i loved the little disclaimer after that he's not judging anyone. i mean, obviously, to anyone paying attention. but there are a lot of casual fans who tune in, if the youtube numbers compared to younow are anything to go by. so it made me smile. phil getting flustered and restarting his words was cute too. a lot has changed since SAP days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDIEOE675Bo
1.15 - they're doing another live tour. dan seems eager to not get into explaining it now, phil gets in the spons and links
1.40 - phil squeaks that he did a few of the thumbnails too
2.10 - they made subscriber only emojis
4.15 - dan: don't know why i keep saying crack
4.40 - arguing, phil likes to break the rules. dan then breaks the rules and phil is concerned
5.00 - phil: where's my wasd! [dan face palms]
5.41 - phil: like a valiant gazelle, danny!
5.48 - dan: your watergirl? she's not a possession, she's her own person.
8.10 - phil: enter my female exit! [dan breaks down. phil says edit it out, dan says we can't]
9.25 - dan: phil i want to touch you, said jake. hopefully that's a slap.
9.40 - phil wants to know where his marshmallows went. dan teases and points at him when he's not looking
11.05 - phil (to dan): don't tell me what to do! i'm a strong independent watergirl.
11.23 - dan (to phil): shutup!
12.36 - phil: i can feel the veins in my head are pumping. dan: oo, pumping is not a nice word...
13.12 - dan: 'i can't blue you.'
[phil fucks up]
dan: [goes crazy] WHY WERE YOU RUSHING [pushes and pulls phil's chair with him on it, phil laughing]
14.10 - phil: alfie says go slower. alright, ALFIE, watch me go slower
14.35 - dan tries to tell phil to calm down. phil: sing me a lullaby.
dan: [sings the Jiggly Puff song, in the creepy Jiggly Puff voice. is it 2010 again?!]. Is that what you wanted?
phil: that was...weirdly good.
dan: a bit creepy? thank you.
phil: I'm slightly worried.
(this might be the cutest fkn thing they've done in years, i swear. i miss baby!dan - on camera, i don't think he's gone anywhere irl.)
15.08 - phil: i'm so nervous, my fingers are vibrating.
15.20 - phil sings You Raise Me Up
15.25 - dan: now it's just up to you.
phil: why is it always up to me at the end?
dan: i'm in front of my male exit.
phil: your male exit...
15.40 - dan: now just slide down the hole.
phil: ok, i'm down the hole, in that one, in this hole - [dan makes embarrassed cringe face, laughing] - and throuuugh the exit. [chuckles]
[dan holds up his hand in a 'stop', grinning].
17.08 - dan: down that, purple...
phil: [monotone] hole.
dan: chute.
17.16 - phil: this is me relaxing
dan: [high pitched, agreeing] yeah yeah yeah
[praising] good thinking!
17.25 - couples gamer bantz
18.22 - dan has a delayed reaction to phil saying 'releaase', throws him a very dirty sideways glance. why?
18.30 - 19.20: pleasant teamwork bantz.
19.46 - phil: you can't do the Papyrus voice, it is sacred to me, dan.
dan: alright. [snorts[
20.45 - phil: a flaming probe, above us
[dan looks surprised]
dan: above us? why would a probe be above?
phil: just go with it -
dan: beneath.
phil: above.
dan: above the male exit. [closed mouth grin]
phil: [laughs] unless we do...the- this...ri- I can't speak. [laugh]
Unless we do it right this time -
dan: they'll infiltrate the purple chute. [represses a cheeky grin]
[raises his eyebrow, cocks his head] I'm not shaming anybody. [prissy mouth]
(oh, dan. it's okay, we gotchu boy. we know. *taps nose*)
21.25 - phil (to bossy dan): you don't need to tell me, Alan!
22.12 - domestic bickering
22.30 - [phil mildly annoyed] no you can't! ...alright. let's do it!
dan: ok fine, ill do it your way!
23.00 - phil: DANIEL!
23.40 - phil: i'm gonna go stand next to the girl zone. dan: the lady land.
24.40 - they want someone to lie and say their corgi is a helping dog and bring it to the tour. dan: it would help me!
25.36 - dan reads out a fan comment who's been watching for 8 years.
26.25 - dan: show me that diamondussy
phil: [sings ditty meme] ohh fireboy, he's a flaming boy. let's go...
[dan squints]
28.00 - watergirl has to do more work in the game.
phil: she's doing all the work! fireboy needs to give me more than half of that gem.
dan: yes.
phil: she's getting the whole gem.
dan: you could say there's no gemder equality. hah.
phil: hurr hurr
dan: [deadpan] it's true.
28.29 - phil: i'm just staring at those balls and i know we're gonna mess it up at the end.
dan; [makes a face]
29.16 - dan: [small high pitched voice] what?
29.47 - dan: right now, think about this. think about this!
phil: i am!
30.20 - phil thanks dan for doing something on offscreen in his soft, low voice
31.35 - [both sing ditty meme]
[high five]. phil tells dan off for dabbing.
32.10 - phil is so pleased with himself, he pokes his tongue out
25.10 - phil: it should be the lady-door tour.
art in avatar by lily
plastictrees
drama llama

lishachi wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:28 pm Haven't been on recently due to uni but wow... another tour? Here comes another drought ;) (half joking half terrified)
DatCog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm
Ablissa wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm The venue for Poland only has 670 seats. Very tiny! Are the venues where you're at bigger, or small too?
slightly OT but i was going to go to the Plymouth one too alone, happy to meet up with a fellow IDB member if you fancy it??

My local venue in Plymouth is 2,500 - I'm jealous of anyone able to go to a small venue!
No way really? So is mine! Are you from Plymouth if you mind me asking? They went there for TATINOF in 2015(?) and I literally got into them a few days after they went. I was gutted. I'm questioning whether to get tickets or not because I don't know if anyone will go with me. :rofl:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

snokoplasmic wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 am i know it's just a twitter reply, but jesus christ i need these two to keep interacting with each other
@ them please collab
I need it
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

alch wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 am i know it's just a twitter reply, but jesus christ i need these two to keep interacting with each other
@ them please collab
I need it
Maybe next year when they are in LA?
I dont know if they would have time though (I didn't look at the US dates). I'm assuming they're not doing vidcon next year? Unless the do the show there like last time? Otherwise they could have collaborated there.

I would love for this to happen though.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I finally got to watching the gaming live show, and I really enjoyed it. They still weren’t great at the game, but they sucked less so progress is being made.
Phil should be stopped though. :lol:

Really hoping they somehow manage to keep these live shows up while touring.
susan2
rainbow nerd

Incase it's helpful for anyone else, (and cos I love an organised list!), here are the direct links for all of the venues I could find that have info up on their websites so far...
(*please note these are not the direct ticket links / use danandphiltour.com for the official info etc)
UK
28th Apr / Brighton / Brighton Dome
30th Apr / Milton Keynes / Milton Keynes Theatre
1st May / Milton Keynes / Milton Keynes Theatre
2nd May / Nottingham / Royal Concert Hall
4th May / London / Eventim Apollo
6th May / Glasgow / SEC Armadillo
7th May / Sheffield / Sheffield City Hall
8th May / Newcastle / Sage Gateshead
9th May / Newcastle / Sage Gateshead
12th May / Edinburgh / Usher Hall
13th May / Liverpool / Empire Theatre
14th May / Salford / The Lowry
15th May / Salford / The Lowry
17th May / Basingstoke / The Anvil
18th May / Plymouth / Plymouth Pavilions
20th May / Leeds / Town Hall
22nd May / Birmingham / Symphony Hall
25th May / Cardiff / Motorpoint Arena
28th May / Belfast / Waterfront

Ireland
29th May / Dublin / Olympia Theatre
30th May / Dublin / Olympia Theatre

Netherlands
2nd Jun / Amsterdam / Rai Amsterdam

Russia
5th Jun / Moscow / Vegas City Hall
6th Jun / Moscow / Vegas City Hall

Germany
9th Jun / Berlin / Tempodrom Berlin

Poland
11th Jun / Warsaw/ Teatr Palladium :happybirthday: Dan

Finland
13th Jun / Helsinki / The House of Culture

Sweden
16th Jun / Stockholm / Stockholm Waterfront
17th Jun / Malmö / Malmo Live

USA
29th Jun / Denver CO / Bellco Theatre
1st Jul / Grand Prairie TX / Verizon Theatre
2nd Jul / Cedar Park TX / HEB Center
3rd Jul / Sugar Land TX / Smart Financial Center
6th Jul / Orlando FL / Dr. Phillips Center :banana: :banana:
7th Jul / Clearwater FL / Ruth Eckerd Hall
8th Jul / Ft Lauderdale FL / Broward
10th Jul / Augusta GA / Bell Auditorium
11th Jul / Greensboro NC / White Oak Amphitheatre
12th Jul / Richmond VA / Altria Theater
13th Jul / Reading PA / Santander Performing Arts Center
14th Jul / Newark NJ / New Jersey Performing Arts Centre
15th Jul / Uniondale NY / NYCB LIVE
19th Jul / Hartford CT / The Bushnell Performing Arts Center
20th Jul / Providence RI / Providence Performing Arts Center
21st Jul / Schenectady NY / Proctors
22nd Jul / Pittsburgh PA / Heinz Hall
24th Jul / Detroit MI / Fox Theatre
25th Jul / Rosemont IL / Rosemont Theatre
26th Jul / Minneapolis MN / Orpheum Theatre
27th Jul / Milwaukee WI / Miller High Life Theatre
28th Jul / Cincinatti OH / Aronoff Center
29th Jul / St Louis MO / Fox Theatre
31st Jul / Cleveland OH / Connor Palace
1st Aug / Columbus OH / Schottenstein Center
2nd Aug / Louisville KY / Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
3rd Aug / Nashville TN / Tennessee Performing Arts Center
4th Aug / Atlanta GA / Fox Theatre
7th Aug / Phoenix AZ / Comerica
8th Aug / San Diego CA / Civic Theatre
9th Aug / Los Angeles CA / Microsoft Theater
11th Aug / Seattle WA / Moore Theatre

Canada
17th Jul / Toronto / Sony Center for the Performing Arts
12th Aug / Vancouver / Queen Elizabeth
TBC / Montreal

Australia
19th Aug / Melbourne / Plenary
22nd Aug / Brisbane / QPAC
23rd Aug / Brisbane / QPAC
2nd Sep / Sydney / State Theatre
3rd Sep / Sydney / State Theatre

New Zealand
29th Aug / Auckland / ASB Theatre

Philippines
12th Sep / Manila / Kia Theatre
13th Sep / Manila / Kia Theatre

TBC
Jun / Brazil
Jun / Mexico
Sep / Hong Kong
Sep / Singapore
Sep / India
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Thanks for the timestamps mermaid blood, really enjoyed reading them !
I like those gaming streams, they're very funny and we get a lot of cute/unfiltered/spontaneous moments :love2:
Do you guys reckon we'll get the sims tomorrow or later this week, after all the tour things ? (can't remember what they said exactly)
xxx
phillion/danosaur <//3

A tip/my story for anyone that wants vip but might not be fast enough since they usually sell out in seconds (under the spoiler since it's sort of a long rambling of me trying to story tell :lol: ) -
for ny tatinof i got general seats because vip were already sold out, then my friend and i saw better seats days after already buying our ticket so we called venue up for an exchange and paid the difference. But the day before the show we were talking about how we really wanted to see dp so out of curiousity we checked ticketmaster, nothing. so we were like welp lets try to call the venue and asked if there was any vip left, we had no hope for this, but the person was like yea we have a few more, if you already have tickets you can exchange your current tickets and pay the difference and then pick up the tickets at the venue.
~ we called multiple times because technically you're not supposed to exchange tickets a week before the show but you can try and there are some that won't know of this rule, we called about 5 times (4 denied, but 5th person was like yea), i recommend this if you have a lot of time because this took us like 2+ hours because of the waiting times for each call (about 25 minutes of elevator music each)
I told this to a ny tatinof skype gc i had and 3 other people got their vip tickets that same day, they either exchanged or bought another pair of tickets
so to sum it all up without the story: ticketmaster don't usually show all tickets available so call them up and there might be tickets available that were returned or were held from the venue but it's more complicated if you were trying to exchange like me.

EDIT: now im not sure if i called the venue or ticketmaster sorry!! but maybe try both?
iero
phabergé

Waggle9007 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 pm For those asking about the price of tickets, certainly for the Sheffield date, it's on the website as 'from £16.80', which is significantly less than I thought it would be!

Maybe try checking the venue you want to go to's website and see if the price is already up? Not sure if it's the same for all venues though, or if some have put it up when they weren't meant to!

The link if anyone's interested!:

http://www.sheffieldcityhall.co.uk/even ... -Phil-2018
thanks, this is the date i'm planning on going to
i'm surprised at the price of the cheapest tickets, i was expecting at least £20
dancy
procrastinator

She also liked this tweet :)
autumnhearth
senpai

Wonderful timestamps mermaidblood! I only just got to watch this morning. Lovely squabbling and plentiful innuendos. I guess I will accept Dan’s apology for the Diet Coke spons. But why even have it in your house? :roll:

susan2 thanks for sharing all of those links! Though with each passing day I’m getting a tiny bit more stressed that my venue has not posted any info. Get on it Playhouse Square!

The kiddo and I have decided we’re going to try for VIP tickets. We want our Phil hugs (okay so I want a Dan hug too). And we’ve been talking about what we might get signed. (TABINOF for me and cat ears for him :whiskers: ).
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

lilabet wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:17 pm
Maybe next year when they are in LA?
I dont know if they would have time though (I didn't look at the US dates). I'm assuming they're not doing vidcon next year? Unless the do the show there like last time? Otherwise they could have collaborated there.

I would love for this to happen though.
I'm not sure about Vidcon but they definitely won't be at Playlist next year because they have a gig in Brighton then (thanks to @human who told me about that).
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
howadorableright
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I'm honestly getting really worried that the vip tickets to my venue will sell out right away. I wish I could have a tab open to where the tickets will be available, but Connor Palace hasn’t put the event on their website. I'm not sure how I'll be able to find where to buy the tickets fast enough. I've seen people saying that they sell out fast and others saying that it takes a lot longer than a few seconds, help :|
back back back back again