Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rebeccarayne
smol bean
Pronouns: She/her

blackdenim wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 pm
rebeccarayne wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 pm First post here but I've stalked y'all for ages so here we go...

I was in a phone meeting at work and totally missed 4pm, I got back in the office and it was 5!!! But lucky me I snagged a VIP for Brighton!!! I wasn't going to, but it was there, so... I just held my breath and paid haha. Considering getting a cheaper ticket for the matinee too.... Not sure how that would work if I have to be there so early for VIP?
Yay congrats! I’m also going to Brighton vip and I’m super nervous about being there alone so hopefully we can be buddies.
Yes! I am totally up for VIP buddies! I've never done a M&G style thing before
Philena
blobfish

I got VIP in Cincy... after 20 minutes of refreshing and having to prove I wasn't a bot twice!

Front row, left. Not too shabby!

Congrats to everyone who scored tix, and sorry to those who couldn't. :ribena:
annabanana
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

Got a ticket for the Columbus show! Couldn't justify the near $100 floor/side-stage ticket so I will be sitting near the back, but I'm just excited to enjoy the show. :D :D :D
loonyradish wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm It just occured to me that I'm actually gonna see them live, like, maybe 20 meters away from me. Without a screen in between. They are real people.
Somehow this is really freaking me out rn :lol:
I saw Starkid (does anyone here know them?) at a convention a few months ago, and whenever they walked past me I got this feeling of "nah, this is not happening. this can't be them. we don't exist in the same universe".
I guess that's exactly what's gonna happen in June :lol:
Also I'm actually not sad not to have a M&G, I would feel super awkward after all the fanfiction I've read.. :oops:
I am totally feeling this same way!
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
howadorableright
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I managed to get VIP tickets to Cleveland!!!!! I had people give me tips on what to do to have the best shot before, so I was really prepared and had another person on another device for me. She was on my ipad and clicked "get tickets" like a fraction of a second after me and they were gone, but thankfully I clicked soon enough. It's crazy how fast they go, it was literally 10 seconds and the VIP tickets were gone :shock:

Anyway, congrats to everyone else who just got US or Canada tickets!
back back back back again
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

blackdenim wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:59 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 pm
blackdenim wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:42 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:33 pm I got row J (10) centre in London!!! I’m excited and nervous about explaining to my husband.... good luck to those in US for the ticket scramble :thumb:
I saw your post in the London thread, I'm glad you decided to get a ticket!
Thank you!! I took the plunge, I’ve got 6 months to make tour buddies :D Did you get everything you wanted in the end?
Yes! I wanted to go to London and Brighton and I’ve got tickets for both (and VIP for Brighton) so I’m a happy bunny. I’ll def be your tour buddy I’m super nervous about going alone I’ve never gone to anything alone before!!
Guys, don't worry about being alone, I didn't really know any fans irl at all when tatinof happened (i dragged my flat mate and then a friend as i begged them when the tickets went on sale) but I met up with @human and @felucca for the sheffield show and since then I've met a few people when we were on the site that shall not be named and we all hang out for deppy related shenanigans so we can definitely do it again for Lady Door Tour! It's quite nice because we can go hang out at a bar and get some food etc before the show, no-one is on their own.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

aw I'm so happy for everyone that got tickets! well done guys, we can breathe again :thumb:
cerulean
smol bean

First time poster here... :ribena:

From Montreal, but I thought i'd try getting VIP tickets for Toronto as a backup. Clicked literally at 4:00:00 pm but VIP seemed to be gone by the time I got through... within seconds. Anyone have tips for grabbing VIP? I don't want to miss out for montreal....
Philena
blobfish

cerulean wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm First time poster here... :ribena:

From Montreal, but I thought i'd try getting VIP tickets for Toronto as a backup. Clicked literally at 4:00:00 pm but VIP seemed to be gone by the time I got through... within seconds. Anyone have tips for grabbing VIP? I don't want to miss out for montreal....
Like I said above, I just kept refreshing. My site allowed 10 minutes to hold the ticket in your cart. I got my VIP at the 20 minute mark.
DeadlyNova
living flop

I'm so upset and I look like an idiot because I'm crying like a baby at work.
Even refreshing both of my venues to the last second one of them sold out completely in less than a minute and the others website was a huge mess and just brought me back to the event page every time I tried to order tickets.
But I was already late to work so I thought I found two VIP tickets elsewhere but I think I got charged VIP price for regular tickets and I feel physically sick and I think I'm going to throw up and I can't do anything about it bc I can't figure out how to contact the seller I bought them from and I can't do much from work.
Every single thing I feared would go wrong has. I wish I knew about this early enough to request off of work.
JustMarie
drama llama

Aaaaah! I'm so happy for everyone who got tickets now you can all relax! I still wish I could go :(
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

DeadlyNova wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:43 pm I'm so upset and I look like an idiot because I'm crying like a baby at work.
Even refreshing both of my venues to the last second one of them sold out completely in less than a minute and the others website was a huge mess and just brought me back to the event page every time I tried to order tickets.
But I was already late to work so I thought I found two VIP tickets elsewhere but I think I got charged VIP price for regular tickets and I feel physically sick and I think I'm going to throw up and I can't do anything about it bc I can't figure out how to contact the seller I bought them from and I can't do much from work.
Every single thing I feared would go wrong has. I wish I knew about this early enough to request off of work.
which show are you trying for? the tickets aren't selling out that quickly but people are panicking and holding them, they'll get released eventually. who/where did you buy the other tickets from? if you paid with paypal then you will be able to get your money back as they're usually protected.

i hope no-one buys tickets from a secondary site, they're usually a complete rip off. there will always be more tickets released nearer the time when they sell off the production seats so don't fear if you didn't get any today, some will pop up nearer the time.
autumnhearth
senpai

Well no hugs for us. But I got good seats for Cleveland.

I clicked right at 4 o’clock on three pages and two of them (on desktop) got a pop up that said they weren’t on sale until 4pm while my iPad browser just froze up. By the time I refreshed VIP tickets were gone and the best that I could get was Row G, though it is on the right (I almost wish I had held on to a centerish N). I kept trying for VIP until I was getting close on my time and the rows just kept getting further and further away.

Hopefully the kiddo isn’t too bummed, he did say he wanted between rows G and J if we could get VIP, so at least I’m able to deliver on that. I won’t be going back to the site to check for released tickets as all sales are final and I really can’t deal with trying to find owners and having two charges.

Congrats howadorableright and everyone else.

Oh no, I’m so sorry DradlyNova. I sincerely hope you are able to get that sorted.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadlyNova
living flop

I had to borrow money for the tickets so I used a credit card and not paypal, when I normally would use paypal.

I'm trying for either the Atlanta, GA or Augusta, GA shows but if I can't get a refund on the ones I bought I can't retry for either.

The website I bought them from has a no refund policy. I know it was stupid to use a third party website and if I didn't have to come to work immediately I probably wouldn't have but I was so desperate.

Edit: the website I used has no way to contact a seller for privacy reasons.

Edit 2: and ABSOLUTELY no refunds. I guess I'm using my ripoff tickets. The seats aren't BAD, I just really wanted to meet Dan and Phil. I guess there's no use crying over my own stupidity.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

DeadlyNova wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm I had to borrow money for the tickets so I used a credit card and not paypal, when I normally would use paypal.

I'm trying for either the Atlanta, GA or Augusta, GA shows but if I can't get a refund on the ones I bought I can't retry for either.

The website I bought them from has a no refund policy. I know it was stupid to use a third party website and if I didn't have to come to work immediately I probably wouldn't have but I was so desperate.

I know during tatinof lots of fan sites and forums had re-seller boards so fans could contact eachother directly. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Also where is the sims video to help alleviate all the stress pls. Just reading about everyones stress is making me anxious and I'm not even going lol.
Last edited by Artdefines06 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Congrats to everyone who got the tickets they wanted!

Just got home from work (an hour after sale started), kind of hoping all the tickets would be gone so it would make my decision for me, but there are still lots left for[personal information removed at OP's request]. I know, I know, this would be the opposite of a problem for most people.
I'm such an indecisive person.
DeadlyNova
living flop

That would be fine if I hadn't already bought these somewhere else. XD and I wouldn't want to make another fan pay this price so I'll just suck it up and use them. I'm feeling slightly better already at least.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

DeadlyNova wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm I had to borrow money for the tickets so I used a credit card and not paypal, when I normally would use paypal.

Edit 2: and ABSOLUTELY no refunds. I guess I'm using my ripoff tickets. The seats aren't BAD, I just really wanted to meet Dan and Phil. I guess there's no use crying over my own stupidity.
You'll be covered with a credit card, they're better than paypal. Tbh, meeting Dan and Phil isn't the be all and end all, you'll have a great time regardless of meeting them, honestly. The VIP only lasts 5-10 seconds per person, you'll have a great time at the show.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

cerulean wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm First time poster here... :ribena:

I've been watching the site just for fun since I bought my tickets and VIP ones have popped up a few times but they disappear again really quickly. You just have to be lucky and refresh at exactly the right time to be the first to catch them.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I got row 24 for Minneapolis, MN. The fees added $20 to the total, which took me by surprise. There are already better seats available. That's okay though. It sounded like they were setting up a twickets for resale so hopefully they do and I might be able to get a better seat or VIP if some get released.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

Earlier someone had asked about Dan's lack of social media presence today as tickets went on sale and why Phil was the one answering all the questions. My theory is that Dan's likely been trying to work out their schedule and contact venues to add afternoon shows in some cities once they realized how quickly some places would sell out. I'm assuming a lot of this is trial and error work for them since they want everyone who wants to come to be able to but also don't want to book gigantic venues if they aren't able to fill them. I'm saying this because I just noticed (2 hrs before my cities tickets go on sale) they added a 2:00pm show in Seattle, which is a small-ish venue (1,800) but when I checked last night and over the weekend there was only the 8:00pm show... Maybe they'll be doing more of this and squeezing in extra shows in the next few days where they can now that they see what demand is like?
lorelei
phillion/danosaur <//3

Well, they successfully sold me on coming to the show. :lol: I managed to convince my parents to pay for my ticket as a Christmas present, since I'm trying to save money for my trip over the winter break. I've been to Verizon Theatre several times and I was pleasantly surprised that the cheapest tickets weren't actually up in the highest section. I'm so excited!!
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

While I didn't get vip (THEY WERE GONE IN ONE SECOND I SWEAR TO GOD) at the Bushnell, I did get orchestra section C seats in row N, which I am more than thrilled about! :yippee: When i went to tatinof in nyc, I was literally row w, which wasn't bad but still, I'll take this over that!! <3
I'm not even sad about not getting vip, seeing almost all the people I follow getting it and them crying happy, is making me just as excited! I don't even know what I would've done if I met them honestly. I'm still legit in awe that they're even coming here to my state?! There's legit not even much to do here, but I guess this gives me an excuse to take a mini vaca to explore my states capital! :platonic:
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
DeadlyNova
living flop

Yes but there is a no return policy on the website, so it doesn't really matter because either way I'm not getting my money back.

I shouldn't act too much like a victim because the seats were on the tickets but I didn't pay attention because I was in a hurry.

And yeah meeting them isn't everything, I already have their autographs and probably would hate how I looked in a photo with them anyway so maybe it's for the best.

Now I'm just going to be happy that I got tickets! I'm happy for everyone else who got them too!!! I am very excited!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

obscureDnPreference wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 pm I got row 24 for Minneapolis, MN. The fees added $20 to the total, which took me by surprise. There are already better seats available. That's okay though. It sounded like they were setting up a twickets for resale so hopefully they do and I might be able to get a better seat or VIP if some get released.
There are still 700-900 (probably, I'm just guessing off the seat map) tickets available for this show!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I managed row F but off to the side for Cedar Park - hopefully they'll be lowkey on the props so nothing will block my view. This venue is massive (it says capacity 8000) so I'm really curious to know what kind of a dent they'll manage to put in that seating. I don't imagine it'll sell out, especially not since they're doing three Texas shows.