Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

rizzo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm What I think PINOF needs is less requests and more deep, insightful questions about their personal lives. Por ejemplo:

Phil, what is your biggest pet peeve about Dan?
If you both could change one physical attribute about the other, what would it be?
What's the last thing you 2 fought about?
What's the last video idea you threw out?

I'd tweet these, but I've hit my personal-comfort limit, so someone please send these to 'em.
I was thinking this too! I don't know how likely they'd be to answer them though for fear of it not being so random lol XD we1rd enough like is expected, who knows though it is 2017 after all
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Lucyrg95 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:58 pm
rizzo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm What I think PINOF needs is less requests and more deep, insightful questions about their personal lives. Por ejemplo:

Phil, what is your biggest pet peeve about Dan?
If you both could change one physical attribute about the other, what would it be?
What's the last thing you 2 fought about?
What's the last video idea you threw out?

I'd tweet these, but I've hit my personal-comfort limit, so someone please send these to 'em.
I was thinking this too! I don't know how likely they'd be to answer them though for fear of it not being so random lol XD we1rd enough like is expected, who knows though it is 2017 after all
Unfortunately, as with premium messages in livestreams, I think what people want more than meaningful content/a good video is to see their name on the screen or know Dan and Phil picked their question - so you get people spamming five hundred off the wall tweets with zany things they think Dan and Phil are likely to do just so they can increase their odds of that precious, precious notice.

(Though I do also agree that pinof is for random lol XD and they wouldn't answer real questions anyway, I still enjoy the ones that kind of straddle a middle ground between 'reinact ____ pose' and genuine question.)
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

I hope someone will ask deppy to do a festive DITL during a liveshow, that video would definitely make my december more bearable (that or Gamingmas. I don't expect them to do 24 videos again but even half of that would be great) :festivedeppy:
apathy
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 pm Unfortunately, as with premium messages in livestreams, I think what people want more than meaningful content/a good video is to see their name on the screen or know Dan and Phil picked their question - so you get people spamming five hundred off the wall tweets with zany things they think Dan and Phil are likely to do just so they can increase their odds of that precious, precious notice.
This is my biggest apprehension with the tour relying on audience input as well.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
zazzed
squish

ahh i know we've moved on from this, but as someone who used to have a pretty substantial following on tumblr(~10,000) around 2013-2014ish (arguably it's peak), i can attest to the weird communities that come out of that environment. it's platform is awful for connection or discussion, and the whole 'anon' system is pretty abused to just give big accounts a power trip. it's a weird dynamic btwn blog owner and follower that's unbalanced and you don't connect with anyone through anons asking what your favorite color is or "what PSD do you use for your gifs???". i also agree with whole cliquey aspect of it. the whole "follow forever" bs (basically just shameless shoutouts to friends in a formal post) and "blog awards" hobnob was really attention seeking and made it all about hoping that your friendship with someone could somehow bring you more popularity. again, just weird dynamic, unlike here where discussion is easy and civil (99% of the time) without any ulterior motive and actual brings me some insights on things outside the dip and dot bubble
dancy
procrastinator

Hmm, I'm afraid that Dan's live show will be late as always (shouldn't he start around 9PM again since GBBO isn't on anymore?), he'll complain about being hungry (even though he can eat before the live show at a more reasonable time) or say that his phone battery is running low (charge your phone before doing a live show, Dan) and then he'll end it after about 30 minutes. Fingers crossed this won't happen :sideeye:
saffarinda
truth bomb

I’d 100% agree about Dan and Phil 2013 radio days being some of the mosf active days of the phandom. I remember live blogging on twitter and tumblr about everything and seeing everyone elses posts.

I always felt the phandom had quite a lot of fanfic. DnP is one of my biggest ships with regards to fandom size (along with Johnlock) and I always felt like there was a good amount of fanfic. Then again, I flick between ao3 and tumblr, and I’m constantly checking fic rec threads and people’s bookmarks instead of randomly searching because I always feel it’s one of the best ways to get recommended good fic. But then again I’ve never shipped anything like Klaine or Larry which I assume has a lot more fanfic, so I’m not sure I’d notice a significant decrease in fic (I’m in the Harry Potter fandom as well but my ship is quite niche, still has a fair amount of fic tho which impressed me).

I never really spoke to anyone properly within the phandom until 2017 tbh, I’d always lurked in my own corner. Sometimes it’s easier to become friends in smaller fandoms simply because they’re so intimate. In another fandom I retweeted one of those “RT to be added to this GC” and bc it’s a smaller fandom and it was niche there aren’t that many of us in the GC, we know each other well and plan on meeting up at some point. Sometimes I see similar things with the phandom and it’ll have 76 RT’s or something mad like that, and in a GC as crowded as
that there’s no way you could properly communicate or become close with anyone.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Dan is live
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Puffy
drama llama

I know we've moved on a little, but I'm in my final year of a psychology degree and my final year project is, no joke, on fandoms and sense of community (among other things). A lot of what's already been discussed here is something I wanted to measure in a number of different fandoms. I was actually thinking of asking if people wanted to take part in it (it won't be ready for participation until January), but it's so interesting to see how you all perceive the phandom compared to other fandoms. I find that the Phandom is really different to others I've been in. I mostly lurk on the periphery of fandoms but have been in lots over the years. I get good vibes from IDB - I guess cause the main contributers are 20+ and the discussions are really nuanced. I am such a nerd I'm sorry

Also PINOF! I am hoping for a longer PINOF than normal. Dan just said on the LS that they haven't filmed it yet, but are hoping to film it tomorrow :D

Edit because I used the wrong emoji, ha
lilabet
philussy

Yay! Dan confirmed gamingmas.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Gamingmas is going to happen. :ravetree:
I was really hoping it would, but wasn't sure about it so happy Dan confirmed it.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple

Dan is annoying me so much, condemning people who use slurs and saying that old people are the ones who aren't progressive and young people are better..... lmao dude are you even aware of hypocritical you sound ? :)
(Gamingmas confirmed, and Phil is away with family but gaming liveshow on Sunday)
lilabet
philussy

AroboticPhil wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:47 pm Dan is annoying me so much, condemning people who use slurs and saying that old people are the ones who aren't progressive and young people are better..... lmao dude are you even aware of hypocritical you sound ? :)
(Gamingmas confirmed, and Phil is away with family but gaming liveshow on Sunday)
I really didn’t take it that way. More that he was talking from experience and that he has grown. Although I do want to tell him that the age thing is a myth. While we all think we’re more liberal (and we are for some things) overall the age difference isn’t as clear cut as that.
Phandom Gives
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lilabet wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:47 pm Dan is annoying me so much, condemning people who use slurs and saying that old people are the ones who aren't progressive and young people are better..... lmao dude are you even aware of hypocritical you sound ? :)
I really didn’t take it that way. More that he was talking from experience and that he has grown. Although I do want to tell him that the age thing is a myth. While we all think we’re more liberal (and we are for some things) overall the age difference isn’t as clear cut as that.
I don't think he sounds hypocritical, but I hope he realizes that every progressive statement he makes is going to come with a hollow edge to it until he practices what he preaches.

But all the same, for the same reasons I condemn Felix I'll applaud Dan - because he's someone with a platform and people listen to him, and if he's going to use that platform to send a message then I'm glad this is what Dan is going with.

Just, dude. Take your own advice.
airie
tol bean

malday wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 pm
998274 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm I'm not an expert on fandoms, but do you think that the way the phandom is split up is caused by the fact that it's very big and very diverse age wise?
Yes, not to mention a lot of people don't consider themselves part of or want to be associated with the phandom.
I don't think you can compare this to fandoms based around fictional characters, since D&P are real people.
Sorry if we have moved past this, but this is legit the problem for me :lol: RPF itself is already seen as problematic and the vocal minority only makes it worse. The difference in every platform's take on 'phandom' is also something; twitter in particular is chaotic and clique-ey and very cringey at times. Tbh IDB is the most civilised platform I've seen? Probably why this is also the only platform I'm comfortable with chiming in instead of just 100% lurking in the dark.

Speaking of different platforms I wonder when I'll stop hiding chat in liveshows. Dan's talking about some interesting things but my head hurts just looking at the chat.

Edit- oh wow I muted youtube for 15 seconds and missed the entire hypocritical Dan discourse what did he do
AroboticPhil
sad dimple

I didn't mean it in regards to what Dan himself might have said in the past, but just the fact that not even 2 months ago, he spent the weekend in an expensive airbnb with p*wdiepie and his gf for their birthdays. The same dude who uses the worst slurs instinctively and is a huge public figure of the altright for young people like idk but him talking about social issues now has me a bit :// because it looks like it's all talk and then hanging out with racists.
I don't know if hypocritical was the right word, but more like it's a bit hard for me take him seriously. Obviously tho, it's still great that he's so supportive of lgbt issues, not many big youtubers are as conscious as him, just wish he was as outspoken when it comes to racism.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I didn’t watch the whole live show, but what I did see I really enjoyed.
Wow at Dan actually doing some of the #spon this ls. ;)
I'm excited about PINOF coming soon.
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

That was such a good ls. <3 I'm too tired to actually have opinions and I'll get back to it tomorrow but goshh, Dan. It was good. Also they keep hyping up pinof, is that normal for them?
lilabet
philussy

SquishPhan wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 pm I didn’t watch the whole live show, but what I did see I really enjoyed.
Wow at Dan actually doing some of the #spon this ls. ;)
I'm excited about PINOF coming soon.
Also new Dan video this weekend!
Phandom Gives
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AroboticPhil wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm
I didn't mean it in regards to what Dan himself might have said in the past, but just the fact that not even 2 months ago, he spent the weekend in an expensive airbnb with p*wdiepie and his gf for their birthdays. The same dude who uses the worst slurs instinctively and is a huge public figure of the altright for young people like idk but him talking about social issues now has me a bit :// because it looks like it's all talk and then hanging out with racists.
I don't know if hypocritical was the right word, but more like it's a bit hard for me take him seriously. Obviously tho, it's still great that he's so supportive of lgbt issues, not many big youtubers are as conscious as him, just wish he was as outspoken when it comes to racism.
I understand your opinions, and to some extent I do share them.

But I do think it's important not to completely dismiss every good thing Dan says because there's one thing he hasn't said. It's just a mattered of giving it a complex view and recognizing the positives while not putting him on a pedestal for things he hasn't said or done, you know? I don't think his lack of response on the Felix issue means that we shouldn't say that it's good that he's using his platform to publicly voice encouragement for the validity of trans people.
saffarinda
truth bomb

Wow man this liveshow reaffirmed my fondness for dan.

enjoyed his lil discussions (esp the bit on how there is a genuine debate for some stuff like gun laws but withs trans people it’s literally just letting people live and exist, i don’t see any problem with it).

i’m so excited for gamingmas!! i felt so active in the phandom when gamingmas occured and it set them up for producing really consistent content, i loved it.

the booster set for truth bombs seems cool. wont buy it bc idk anyone irl i could use it with but i love the concept.

I love how when that guy in the chat goes “My mum and I work out together watching your videos” Dan then says for his third point “Working out together watching our videos” - just automatically, naturally plural. i love it.

i’m actually excited for ISG. contrary to a majority of the fandom i love the ISG’s i think they’re some super funny content.

the mince pie list is going strong, dan’s gotta try the aldi ones - i just stan aldi so much.

whenever he said “well excited” i got so much fonder for him lmao, it reminds me way too much of the nice lads at my sixth form purely because of dan’s accent when he says it.

this was just a mess of anyone random thoughts but yeah, solid liveshow.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
liola
rankussy

Liveshow thoughts:

-This is the most spon Dan has ever made in an entire video
-Dan and I literally have opposite views on Marvel. Listen dude Thor is my fave and Chris hemsworth is the man of my life but it's nowhere near as good as Thor 2 and Dr Strange is the best thing ever
-Dan sounded very VERY SURE that this is the last tour. Even more so, it almost sounded like he's saying they're not going to conventions any more or any live interactions. Makes me go :tinfoil:
-GAMINGMAS CONFIRMED BLESS
-I'm prob having my googles on but he sounds excited AND fond about PINOF and I gotta stop reading phandom theories about it
-Phil going away to visit family but If they're filming tomorrow and live stream on Sunday then I'm assuming he's leaving next week? Kind of :tinfoil: that Dan said in a very serious tone he's not doing a liveshow next week, maybe he's going too? (The video lagged so Idk if he said anything else about it)
-the mince pies, clearly the most important thing right now. I almost expected a comment on the so married slip up
-so if liveshow on Sunday, dinof over the weekend, and pinof is supposed to come before that.. I'm assuming on Friday? Sounds like a packed weekend but I'm ready
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
DatCog
blobfish

He seemed pretty adamant that next year’s tour would be the last...forever home in 2019, I’m sure of it!

VERY happy about Gamingmas :stan:
dancy
procrastinator

dancy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 pm Hmm, I'm afraid that Dan's live show will be late as always (shouldn't he start around 9PM again since GBBO isn't on anymore?), he'll complain about being hungry (even though he can eat before the live show at a more reasonable time) or say that his phone battery is running low (charge your phone before doing a live show, Dan) and then he'll end it after about 30 minutes. Fingers crossed this won't happen :sideeye:
Thanks for not disappointing me, Dan!

I quite liked the live show but I'm not sure where he got the idea that half of the shows are already sold out from because as far as I know only a couple of venues are completely sold out. Some other venues are doing well, some not so much (honestly whose idea was it to do three consecutive shows in Texas in venues that all have a capacity of >6000?).
malday
emo goose

He didn't make the same mistake as Philly :lol: