Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

realeyesrealize wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:11 pm
DOMESTIC LEVELS RISING
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

THEY BETTER FILM IT PLEASE GIVE ME THIS CHRISTMAS MIRACLE
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love Phil’s apparently-innocent shock at that being the only option. I gotta wonder where they found this. Fun times. A cute vlog would be very welcome.
moaninglisa
drama llama

charlottekath
squish

flarequake wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 pm I love Phil’s apparently-innocent shock at that being the only option. I gotta wonder where they found this. Fun times. A cute vlog would be very welcome.
Where they found it: https://www.pinesandneedles.com/christm ... red-london
slytherina
squish

I don't know why but when I saw the picture I just had to
Edit: I'm sorry I didn't realise how huge the image was

YES! I'm all for a domestic Christmas tree video :garbage: If we can't have a DITL then please give us this :please:

I'm not sorry, but I think Phil is :lol:
dancy
procrastinator

slytherina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 pm PLEASE can they play some proper games already! I know they're not really a channel to do long series but I'm DYING to see them play Cuphead on co-op. The blindfolded Portal and the Donkey Kong mine cart videos are two of my favourites and having played Cuphead on co-op myself I feel like it'd be a perfect game for them! :please:[/i]
They've already done a video of them playing Cuphead and I didn't like it very much tbh. Their way of playing it annoyed me, they weren't in sync/working as a team and it seemed a bit too hard for them, especially for Phil.

Anyway, I guess it was too much to hope that D&P would go out to get a tree themselves and vlog it :(

Edit: Gee, Dan sure loves that grid sweater.
Last edited by dancy on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George
sad dimple

Since they already are going for low effort options.... I'd accept decorating the tree as a gaming video. :ravetree:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
slytherina
squish

dancy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 pm
They've already done a video of them playing Cuphead and I didn't like it very much tbh. Their way of playing it annoyed me, they weren't in sync/working as a team and it seemed a bit too hard for them, especially for Phil.

Anyway, I guess it was too much to hope that D&P would go out to get a tree themselves and vlog it :(
Have they? Damn sorry I must have missed it! :shock:

I'm not sorry, but I think Phil is :lol:
realeyesrealize
living flop

slytherina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:46 pm
dancy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Have they? Damn sorry I must have missed it! :shock:
There you go :thumb:
DatCog
blobfish

I wonder if they've paid for the kilted delivery person to put all the lights and baubles on it too (only an extra £104!) :)
slytherina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:37 pm I don't know why but when I saw the picture I just had to
Edit: I'm sorry I didn't realise how huge the image was

YES! I'm all for a domestic Christmas tree video :garbage: If we can't have a DITL then please give us this :please:
Totally think Dan should have this as his 2017 festive twitter pic!
autumnhearth
senpai

Hopefully Dan is home for the delivery and Phil doesn’t faint on the kilt clad delivery person (I see they have ladies in kilts and :santa: as well). That tweet genuinely made me laugh, though I doubt it was their only option. Well done Phil.

:lights: :festive: :lights:

Now this is the only video I want.
DatCog wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:07 pm I wonder if they've paid for the kilted delivery person to put all the lights and baubles on it too (only an extra £104!) :)
Nah. While we (and they) joke that they are lazy, and they have teased about the caddy gimp kink thing, I think that they are:
1. Too socially awkward to have a stranger in their place for a prolonged period of time, no matter how much knee they might showing... and
2. Too sentimental to not decorate the tree themselves.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Fricking hell, that website’s hilarious. As gimmicks go, kilted delivery drivers hefting Christmas trees over their shoulders are pretty fun. Good find, boys.

Lovely photo of Caspar, Joe and Dan. They look cute, cool and pretty respectively. Capsar’s endlessly adorable and Joe’s a hot one, especially in that jacket.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

moaninglisa wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm
I have no money but I NEED that poster damn he looks pretty.
I wish he had time for a liveshow. It's been two weeks :(
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
susan2
rainbow nerd

livestream from Joe ft. Dan

...well briefly when I posted that lol
Last edited by susan2 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I am wondering if the boys will be playing FNAF6 or if they are saving that for Halloween next year (It came out yesterday or the day before)
saffarinda
truth bomb

moaninglisa wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm
could dan leak his skin care routine, his skin is literally flawless and glowing in that pic
25/04/2017 - #blessed
bookfiend
spork

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:03 am
nøx wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 pm Is it just me, or do they sing A Whole New World from Aladdin really often? Am I missing some meme or piece of phan history? I swear there's at least a handful of videos where that song pops up and I'm very curious.
I’m always here for them singing A Whole New World and you’re right, it has been quite frequent recently. History wise it featured in pinof 3 and popped up again in 8, and there was an old liveshow where they sang a long duet, making up some silly lyrics. Here have a compilation video from felucca, not including the most recent ones:
I enjoyed the Sims video, though I lost a bit of interest at the dog park and was annoyed at the kids being in the red. But who cares when Deppy look so happy (I mean it is a pets episode), Dan’s hair is gorgeous and they continue to sit impossibly close, overlapping and sharing arm rests? It’s probably just because the chairs are connected by :lights: *cough* Yep, that’s it. Cracked it.

I really love the whole Gamingmas cozy happy vibe. (But yesterday’s video *was* boring. I finally watched it this afternoon, and while I didn’t actually have any issue with the adult humor, I’m not going to show it to my kid simply because I don’t want to sit through it again. We can watch the Sims instead. It’s a win win.)
About them singing A Whole New World.

I vaguely remember Dan saying Aladdin was one of his favourite Disney films.

And in the Bubble Bobble video when Phil asked him the first game he ever played Dan said Aladdin for the Sega Megadrive.

So i find it very sweet they sing it at one another so frequently.

Although I wonder what Phil’s favourite is...has he said? Is it Aladdin too? If we’ve not asked him this before then I think we need to get our priorities in order.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

bookfiend wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 pm
nøx wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 pm Is it just me, or do they sing A Whole New World from Aladdin really often? Am I missing some meme or piece of phan history? I swear there's at least a handful of videos where that song pops up and I'm very curious.
I’m always here for them singing A Whole New World and you’re right, it has been quite frequent recently. History wise it featured in pinof 3 and popped up again in 8, and there was an old liveshow where they sang a long duet, making up some silly lyrics. Here have a compilation video from felucca, not including the most recent ones:
I enjoyed the Sims video, though I lost a bit of interest at the dog park and was annoyed at the kids being in the red. But who cares when Deppy look so happy (I mean it is a pets episode), Dan’s hair is gorgeous and they continue to sit impossibly close, overlapping and sharing arm rests? It’s probably just because the chairs are connected by :lights: *cough* Yep, that’s it. Cracked it.

I really love the whole Gamingmas cozy happy vibe. (But yesterday’s video *was* boring. I finally watched it this afternoon, and while I didn’t actually have any issue with the adult humor, I’m not going to show it to my kid simply because I don’t want to sit through it again. We can watch the Sims instead. It’s a win win.)

And in the Bubble Bobble video when Phil asked him the first game he ever played Dan said Aladdin for the Sega Megadrive.

Although I wonder what Phil’s favourite is...has he said? Is it Aladdin too? If we’ve not asked him this before then I think we need to get our priorities in order.
Isn't it Lion King?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The stream on Joe’s vlog channel finished and is still up, Dan just seems to be lurking prettily with Marianne and another lady, and then picking up bags of Skittles.

Joe and Caspar are streaming from the red carpet on Caspar’s side channel now

liola
rankussy

"Where is Phil is a good question, he's at home, I asked if he wanted to come and support his friend and he said no because it's cold"

a. I'm sorry but that's exactly what one would say abot a boyfriend and that's fucking cute
b. Phil is obviously prioritizing the tree delivery guy/possible stripper
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

flarequake wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:40 pm The stream on Joe’s vlog channel finished and is still up, Dan just seems to be lurking prettily with Marianne and another lady, and then picking up bags of Skittles.

Joe and Caspar are streaming from the red carpet on Caspar’s side channel now

Damn I feel like this <3 <3 Dan is so, so, so cute.
Phil is at home because it's cold. Valid and relatable.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

about dan saying aladdin is his favorite disney movie i sent a premium asking about it awhile ago <3
but i’ve sent phil premiums asking for his favorite disney movie too and he hasn’t opened them yet sigh (disney is my favorite thing and i just to know phil, please!)

i find it cute that they always sing a whole new world it’s adorable :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Last edited by flarequake on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

bookfiend wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 pm

I see! Thank you both! That's really sweet and now I also feel like watching Aladdin :lol: Also, now pretty sure they have frequent whole new world duets in private :lol:
oops also thanks for that clip @dansnose :D
Last edited by nøx on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.