Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I also thought this was absolutely amazing and spent quite a few minutes grinning and laughing like a loon. So cute and cosy, so much freaking out and swearing, such easy bants, both looking beautiful as hell, and they didn’t even come in 12th every time. Go, boys.
malday
emo goose

Loved it!
This is proof that when they're having fun, the viewer has fun and it makes for the most entertaining videos. :thanks:

Ablissa wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:30 pm
fondsmiles wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 pm
dan in the end said "I feel like we've crossed several lines and established what we will and won't do" and stared pointedly at the camera - is that just my imagination? it felt like this subtle message of "hello there, yes you will see more of this, but also no I won't call him my boyfriend" (or something along those lines). i am probably reading too much into this.
I am right there with you on the "reading too much into this" train. It felt like it meant more than what it seemed like on the surface. Am I just a demon, or did it really mean something else?
It seemed like Dan was addressing the audience and setting boundaries. Like when people asked them to do the chapstick challenge in the liveshow he haru'd it, this felt like another "take a hint" kind of moment.
Last edited by malday on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookfiend
spork

Thanks dansnose for the video I knew I’d heard it somewhere. I hope one day Phil answers your questions. :ribena:

mythicalpinktrashcan thanks for responding, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was The Lion King, it seems to be most people’s favourite. :respekt2:

That new video though! It might be a new contender for my favourite gaming video. I had to rewatch the last challenge again I was laughing so hard the first time.

:rofl:

I do like that Dan and Phil’s new response to everyone jokes about their lack of personal space is to wear a conjoined jumper when baking and a not my arms challenge gaming vid. Who knows what they’ll respond with next. ;)
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

This video was just so :love2: :love2: :love2: Now this is some god tier gamingmas content !
I almost felt embarassed watching them at some points because of all the flirting... it felt like I was intruding on something lol. The last challenge especially like that was 100% just something Dan wanted Phil to do - I mean I don't know what he got out of this but he seemed so happy and satisfied to see Phil get all dizzy on his chair. Love is weird :shrug:
(sign me up for all the symbiosis, psychic connection and "we've know each other too long" talk)
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

WHAT A GOOD VIDEO

so wholesome, so sweet, so flirty. wonderful content. 10/10. amazing.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Right as I was going to take a nap, they go and do that. Sigh. Now my brain is in trashcan hyperdrive and all I can think of is “Hi, my name is [Dan] and I love shoe cars.”

Oh god. Send help. My heart hurts. They were so cute in this video.
:garbage:

Wonder if this is why all the talk of cars lately? I noticed Phil mentioned the driving test again.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
saffarinda
truth bomb

Ewok wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 pm Right as I was going to take a nap, they go and do that. Sigh. Now my brain is in trashcan hyperdrive and all I can think of is “Hi, my name is [Dan] and I love shoe cars.”

Wonder if this is why all the talk of cars lately? I noticed Phil mentioned the driving test again.
see i noticed that and thought of the car theory (do we have a name for it yet?) but then i remembered the uk changed the driving test laws a few days ago so maybe that was on the mind.
25/04/2017 - #blessed
000dia000
emo goose

What a great video :tu: they actually seemed to be enjoying themselves today, this video definitely saved christmas gamingmas for sure. Also, I can't believe we just watched a video of them spooning. Wtf. I'm kind of in shock and how forward this was. This is the kind of thing I would see the phandom try to suggest and think is too unrealistic and invasion of their space. But they actually went ahead and did this :philtrash:

My fav moments included t-rex arms, Phil suddenly having no arms, and:
Everyone at home, place your bets on my finish position. If you get it right, give yourself a cookie. If you get it wrong, flick yourself on the ear.
:cactus:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I'm really happy with this video, it's saved gamingmas so far tbh, plus it was essentially three good videos wrapped in one.

You know they're getting more comfortable when you're actually surprised they didn't sit on top of each other to do this challenge.
plastictrees
drama llama

Echoing everyone else, I loved the video! Also I really liked the actual intro bit bants, living for Dan mocking Phil’s clothing and Philly’s defence that his feet were cold :lol: <3
Ewok
rainbow nerd

saffarinda wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:41 pm
Ewok wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 pm Right as I was going to take a nap, they go and do that. Sigh. Now my brain is in trashcan hyperdrive and all I can think of is “Hi, my name is [Dan] and I love shoe cars.”

see i noticed that and thought of the car theory (do we have a name for it yet?) but then i remembered the uk changed the driving test laws a few days ago so maybe that was on the mind.
Ah that would make perfect sense. It’s likely something reasonable and uninteresting like this. I’m still not convinced that they’ve bought a car or are planning to, but who knows anymore at this point. All that they’ve done this entire year is surprise me. :shrug:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Honestly made my day. Can the rest of gamingmas just be variations of this video???
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

slytherina wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm
nøx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm
I see! Thank you both! That's really sweet and now I also feel like watching Aladdin :lol: Also, now pretty sure they have frequent whole new world duets in private :lol:
I wonder if they always stick to their 'role' as Aladdin or Jasmine or if they mix and match. :lol:
Definitely switchin it up :lol:

I don't even know what to say about this video, it was very, very lovely. There's just so much...
alch
ar·tic·u·late

obscureDnPreference wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:18 pm Honestly made my day. Can the rest of gamingmas just be variations of this video???
True - maybe we're going to regret having three different good parts of this video and instead wish this were three different videos.
I'm just hoping this will be the moment that turns gamingmas around.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Such a fun video. Some of my favourite videos of theirs are challenge videos so I hope they could do another one like this for gamingmas because they don’t do them very often. Obviously the not my arms was the best challenge outta the 3 they did but phil was definitely looking when he was the one driving :lol:

As for the comment Dan made at the end to me nothing about it was a wink wink nudge nudge type of thing. I really didn’t interpret the way others did.

Does anyone have any other gaming challenge they would like to see them do?
I’m not really a video game player my self so I don’t know if their are any games with the switch they could do more cool challenges with.
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

I'm sorry about the almost-double post, I just keep thinking about how it might be neat if they played Hiveswap. I doubt it happening tbh, but I think it could be fun. It's pretty dialogue heavy but imo the dialogue is much more fun and interesting than Dream Daddy, so I feel like it would be worth it. Anyone else with an opinion on this? :D
idk, I just really loved this game and it's made with newcomers in mind (gf was immensely entertained), so it could be enjoyable maybe? Would just love to see their reactions and bants to everything :D
airie
tol bean

Now that was Gamingmas! <3 <3
Wonder when was the last time I laughed this hard? That video was a blessing from the heavens :D

A list of fave moments that had to be shortened because there's basically 1 every 20 seconds:
- T-rex noises
- Neck and face attacks, seriously though flirty Lester whomst I only know can't-keep-my-hands-off-of-you-Howell
- 'My name is [dan] and I love shoecars'
- 'Burn in hell', Phil Lester 2k17
- Such thick swearing, Daniel Howell against the Youtube algorithm
- A collection of supportive Daniel, starring
1) 'You were briefly in 11th, and that was very impressive, now you're in 12th. BUT IT'S FINE'
2) 'You remember how to play, you remember how to play'
3) 'You were like 3rd or something' sure Dan unconvincing but cute
- Phil's messy fringe and his utmost concern for it when he hasn't even regained his balance yet (he's pretty much attached to it, my condolences for team quiff)
But in all seriousness the 3rd round was something else. That was just a purely hilarious content that we all deserve but not my stomach because now it hurts.
Striderrrrrrrr
smol bean

nøx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 pm I'm sorry about the almost-double post, I just keep thinking about how it might be neat if they played Hiveswap. I doubt it happening tbh, but I think it could be fun. It's pretty dialogue heavy but imo the dialogue is much more fun and interesting than Dream Daddy, so I feel like it would be worth it. Anyone else with an opinion on this? :D
idk, I just really loved this game and it's made with newcomers in mind (gf was immensely entertained), so it could be enjoyable maybe? Would just love to see their reactions and bants to everything :D
I would love for that to happen! Though it is a LOT to read so idk if they would even finish it. Offtopic but I didn't know there were any other Homestuck fans on here, I'm psyched!
Kurai
smol bean

Another Homestuck/hiveswap fan chiming in! I would LOVE to see deppy play this, you really don't need to know much about Homestuck to enjoy it. However it is SUPER dialogue heavy (I've done like half a let's play of it on my own yt channel and find it really difficult, but maybe it's easier if you have 2 people?)
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

This is lovely <3
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:24 - Dan gives a viewer their own jingle, Phil joins in and kinds does it better?
1:29 - Dan dragging Phil for his sweatpants and running shoes.
2:05 - Phil going in for the neck touch. Brutal.
2:16 - More neck touch teasing.
2:42 - This is the point during which I realized that this video would be a goldmine of sexual-out-of-context remarks. ("You're so tight.")
3:07 - Phil dragging Dan with the hi, my name is [ dan ] reference.
3:30 - "Stop squeezing me with your armpit./Don't cough on my neck."
4:43 - Phil the cheating cheater who cheats and can totally see the screen over Dan's shoulder.
5:09 - "Hard. Hard. Harder."
5:42 - Honestly, this and the twenty seconds after are the cutest fucking part of the entire video.
6:02 - Jump cut where Phl's hair gets fixed - place your bets, did Phil do it himself or did Dan do it for him?
7:24 - Dan happily poking Phil's cheeks with the controller.
9:00 - Left or right hand.
9:36 - Phil seemed delightfully testy with that, "I remember how to play." Not in a seriously annoyed way but in more of a sincere gameplay attitude kind of way. Definitely think that's the kind of sass he delivers when it's just them.
9:59 - Same with his "We're in first, I don't know why you're complaining."
10:32 - "psychic communication skills"
10:46 - Dan not getting a TMNT reference. Disowned.
11:02 - "They are right up our anuses."
14:50 - Driving test mention.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

So I noticed something weird... when I first watched the new video a couple hours ago the top comment was "the anti's are crying". I just came back and rewatched and the comment is gone.
Looks like maybe the boys deleted it? Thoughts?
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:20 am
4:43 - Phil the cheating cheater who cheats and can totally see the screen over Dan's shoulder.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I definitely saw that too -- not slick Phil! :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

okay, this was amazing :love2: so cozy and v cute, this was definitely one of my favorites (of not absolute favorite) gaming video to date :D

...also, did anyone else think Dan's accent changed a bit from 13:59 to 14:09? I'm not British so I can't tell if I'm just being crazy or not- totally not important, but it's bothering me for some reason lol
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
quercussp
living flop

KatjaZoe wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 am So I noticed something weird... when I first watched the new video a couple hours ago the top comment was "the anti's are crying". I just came back and rewatched and the comment is gone.
It's possible that they deleted it, although top comments on YouTube videos change with time and the algorithm isn't very straightforward (it's not just most likes or comments), so it's quite possible that it's just buried somewhere in the thousands of comments
Secretstanner
truth bomb

KatjaZoe wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 am So I noticed something weird... when I first watched the new video a couple hours ago the top comment was "the anti's are crying". I just came back and rewatched and the comment is gone.
It’s definitely not the first time I think they do it a lot when it comes to shippy comments. I remember I was a comment on the Dan vs Phil 90 second portraits and a top comment with over 1000 likes said something about phils age and said something along the lines of “ I can’t believe phils 30 I don’t want phil to get married to anyone unless it’s dan”
This was a while ago so it’s not verbatim but I remember a few hours after a saw the comment I went back and rewatched the video (I didn’t fully watch the first time) and when I went back the comment was gone.

Also with the newest pinof video someone was commenting that they deleted her comments and they clearly don’t want her as a subscriber and she was gonna unfollow them. I went and checked her subscriptions and she did unsub from all of their channels. I asked her how did she know and what was it that she wrote, she said it wasn’t anything insulting. Then she comments a couple hours later again that they deleted more of her comments and then she was really upset. ( still no idea what she wrote but she said it was innocent)