Dan & Phil Part 61: The 2017 Mince Pie Codex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

slightly unrelated discourse under the cut (relates to pdp if you're interested. it's just an observation i had)
don't mean to interrupt the excitement about the video (and believe me i'm pumped, even after this came up on my instagram feed), but marzia posted and instagram with basically the entire crew from her birthday party about seeing the room and disaster artist (which i'm assuming dnp would watch at some point?), and the boys aren't in it...i mean i'm happy but i guess i found it interesting, if that makes sense...

edit: w h y am i at the top of the page ughh lol
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 pm slightly unrelated discourse under the cut (relates to pdp if you're interested. it's just an observation i had)
don't mean to interrupt the excitement about the video (and believe me i'm pumped, even after this came up on my instagram feed), but marzia posted and instagram with basically the entire crew from her birthday party about seeing the room and disaster artist (which i'm assuming dnp would watch at some point?), and the boys aren't in it...i mean i'm happy but i guess i found it interesting, if that makes sense...

edit: w h y am i at the top of the page ughh lol
Fear hit me hard when I saw this, so I instantly googled the location of those businesses in the background and this is in Brighton. So, there's all of our collective sighs of relief. Looks like PJ & Sophie went home. :faint:
quercussp
living flop

this is legit probably my favorite gamingmas video, even better than the not my arms challenge vid. it was just incredible
hello9217
flower crown

Just got done with the video and it was really funny. Oddly enough bothe PJ and Sophie seemed like they were barely in it. Like dan and Phil were definitely the main focus, which I know makes since, but it’s like they weren’t even there.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I felt mild second-hand discomfort throughout that entire vid, but all-in-all, still great

The subscriber thing was superrrr awkward, but they played it off well. I think. Eh.

8/10 I guess.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

998274 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 am this is legit probably my favorite gamingmas video, even better than the not my arms challenge vid. it was just incredible
yes.

I loved the editing style - it was...wackier? than usual. Is that the word I'm looking for? I don't know. Whatever it was - keep it up.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

rizzo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 am I felt mild second-hand discomfort throughout that entire vid, but all-in-all, still great

The subscriber thing was superrrr awkward, but they played it off well. I think. Eh.

8/10 I guess.

I legit loughed out loud about that. i found it more funny than anything, like it shows how nice the relationship is.

This gamingmas is killing me.
Last edited by kindofatrashcan on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I loved the video, but kind of hated the subscriber comment. Who wrote that, I guess PJ? It was a bit too roasty for my taste. Overall I loved the dnp interactions and barely noticed PJ and Sophie. This made me long for an old school foursome reunion.
saffarinda
truth bomb

hilarious video, phil had some shining moments in paticular (cereal eating, going to play with his little phil etc.)

i honestly fell off my bed at the subscribers answer and trapped my fingers in my wardrobe draws from sheer cringing. you can see dan looking uncomfortable/awkward/maybe annoyed just before he reads it out, glancing at PJ.

there was also a super cute moment where phil made a mild joke i didn’t understand and dan gave his cute genuine laugh (also i’m so obsessed with dan’s laugh lines holy shit, they’re adorable).

the whole microphilia thing was HILARIOUS! dan getting jokingly annoyed but phil attempting to justify and explain it was so so so funny

the editing was great! v fast paced at the beginning but it kept it from getting dull and slowed down when it was needed. i also feel like the editing meant that pj and sophie could take some of the light, otherwise they would’ve been heavily overshadowed by deppy

also: another car mention but with context this time. i still can’t believe the car theory but y’all have got me picking up on that shit now
25/04/2017 - #blessed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 am I felt mild second-hand discomfort throughout that entire vid, but all-in-all, still great

8/10 I guess.
Strong secondhand discomfort as well, though sadistically I enjoyed how much Dan did not want to read that subscriber count question out. This kind of weird vibe between them all is fascinating to me, definitely a case of (as someone else pointed out earlier) us knowing they're friends in real life but real life comfort not always translating to a video.

But still a solidly entertaining twenty minutes.
dancy
procrastinator

I loved it but I'm also kinda like "what the heck did i just watch" :lol:

It's funny how Phil mentioned cars again (@9:34 "We were in the car for about an hour yesterday"). I don't see why they'd get a car but I do find it a bit weird that they've been mentioning driving and cars these last few weeks.
quercussp
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:13 am

8/10 I guess.
Strong secondhand discomfort as well, though sadistically I enjoyed how much Dan did not want to read that subscriber count question out. This kind of weird vibe between them all is fascinating to me, definitely a case of (as someone else pointed out earlier) us knowing they're friends in real life but real life comfort not always translating to a video.

But still a solidly entertaining twenty minutes.
I am usually really sensitive to anyone being mean to Phil, but i didn't see that as too awkward or offensive. Although now that you point it out, how much Dan didn't want to read the answer is really cute. I, personally, don't think Phil was particularly offended, but what do I know.
DatCog
blobfish

That was fun: 8/10!!

Phil was on top form especially and had me in tears on a couple of occasions. Might have to rewatch, even though I’m desperately tired.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

i liked the video, but i'm always going to feel a little iffy about stuff with pj and sophie because of the pdp crap, but i still laughed a lot.

it was pretty cringe at times, and it barely felt like pj and sophie were even in the video because of the editing, and since deppy are really loud. also the subscriber comment was harsh, but i did laugh because i know it's in good spirit, but man that felt almost like it was something they would say playing the game together in private? idk, it still fit okay into the video

overall 8/10, funny and enjoyable, but i can't shake the icky feeling i got...
000dia000
emo goose

I thought it was a great video, but as usual other people in a collab with the two might as well be cardboard, I realize now. The two only really bounce off each other, doesn't matter how many people are there, everybody feels like a collective third-wheel.

I think the subscriber roast thing looking at you PJ was a little in poor taste, but that's the point of the whole game. It was taken in very good spirit, and I don't think they've ever addressed it before now? Though, they never really do ever address the obvious or the unspeakable tbh.

I thought Dan was particular hilarious today, he had a good vibe going for him and had a sort of similar humour to Phil/and bounced off each other very well. Phil's microphilia/macrophilia jokes were hilarious, I just wonder when we'll get tiny Phil's inside Dan's bellybutton phan art. Already we have food kinks (and eating off peoples bodies) and Dan's Phil's "tweet" of honey in his bellybutton.
[Insert "it's time to stop!" Meme, if I wasn't lying in the dark and typing on my phone]
:cactus:
neverneverland
not a first-time poster

Ablissa wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am I loved the video, but kind of hated the subscriber comment. Who wrote that, I guess PJ? It was a bit too roasty for my taste.
Coming out of my cave to drop this here:

actually it kind of looks like Dan wrote that one himself. You can kind of see which color slot is blank when they pass the sheets to the left and it looks like Dan was writing the pink (ISG answer) for Phil. It was very roasty, but I'm certain that they know each other well enough to know what they're okay with. It still could have been PJ and my eyes are freaking out or something but to me it looks like Dan was left to answer the pink.

photo behind the cut to be less obnoxious since I don't know how to actually imbed stuff and the photo is huge
Loafer
sofa crease

Phil’s arm around Dan’s shoulder when he was covering his mouth, ‘twas cute.
starwillow
dank meme

saffarinda wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:11 am
there was also a super cute moment where phil made a mild joke i didn’t understand and dan gave his cute genuine laugh (also i’m so obsessed with dan’s laugh lines holy shit, they’re adorable).
Was it the part at 14:09 when talking about the MLP fanfic, Dan said he had the screenplay, and Phil said "tattooed on your back."
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I liked this last video a lot, caught myself actually laughing out loud quite often; I had a cringe-fest with the subscribers comment, I feel like it really din't fit the vibe and it was passable because (I felt like) deppy forced some banter after it to lighten up the subject, but it still wassocringeIwantedtodie
Let's be real: pj and sophie who? Really, I barely noticed them

I feel like this years gamingmas is either REALLY GOOD or boring videos so there's that. (I'm a little guilty that I was bored af with this last sims since it's usually a series I really enjoy of them)
off topic: hi omg, I know it's been a long time sorry life was crazy for about a year but I missed being active on here, I lurked a lot but felt the need to be back since the dogs calendar vid
alien
procrastinator

I think Phil was actually less offended by the subscriber answer than he was with the spoiled milk answer from last time lol.
quercussp
living flop

alien wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:50 am I think Phil was actually less offended by the subscriber answer than he was with the spoiled milk answer from last time lol.
agree. subscriber counts aren't new information to him, but the way he tastes obviously was.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LurkingTrash wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:49 am I liked this last video a lot, caught myself actually laughing out loud quite often; I had a cringe-fest with the subscribers comment, I feel like it really din't fit the vibe and it was passable because (I felt like) deppy forced some banter after it to lighten up the subject, but it still wassocringeIwantedtodie
Let's be real: pj and sophie who? Really, I barely noticed them

I feel like this years gamingmas is either REALLY GOOD or boring videos so there's that. (I'm a little guilty that I was bored af with this last sims since it's usually a series I really enjoy of them)
off topic: hi omg, I know it's been a long time sorry life was crazy for about a year but I missed being active on here, I lurked a lot but felt the need to be back since the dogs calendar vid
:hugrb: Welcome back!!

And I totally agree, I think the videos are hit or miss this year - but the ones that hit end up being really fantastic. I hope this leads to a more leveled out series of videos to come.

I also wonder if we'll get any true #spon videos or if it'll just be self-spon?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Thought the video was very cute, poor Sophie was so quiet though, I felt like any tiny comment she had was spoken over. Overall pretty great, I agree the deppy energy is honestly so much louder compared to any guest they could ever collab with.
alien OH MY the spoiled milk question was so offensive to Phil, he couldn't speak for a full 15 seconds like wow, never forget
malday
emo goose

I like the video, i laughed a couple of times. I was a bit annoyed that Dan and Phil were louder and overshadowed the others, Sophie had a quiet voice and they were talking over her at times, and her and PJ wearing pastels made them blend into the background and forget they were there even more. They need better contrast and lighting, the first truth bombs videos was better because of that, imo, and because Tom and Hazel had a stronger presence.

I didn't think the subscriber answer was cringy or too mean. When Phil reached 4 million subs Dan said "took you long enough, catch up mate" in his liveshow so i wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who wrote it.
Kimship
glabella

000dia000 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:36 am I thought it was a great video, but as usual other people in a collab with the two might as well be cardboard, I realize now. The two only really bounce off each other, doesn't matter how many people are there, everybody feels like a collective third-wheel.
This Is why I'd like to see them play the game with Tyler Oakley, because I think he could hold his own and has a lot of energy and isn't afraid of being loud. I don't have a fourth in mind, though. Anyone have any other youtuber you wish they would play with?