Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
vincentian
hobbit hair

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:31 pm Cornelia's latest ig story was from a plane... do we think Phil's magazine pic was taken at the airport? Tbh I'll be surprised if he's left this early, but I guess it's possible that they busted their asses pre-filming five videos over the weekend and maybe they'll just edit as they go.
I was wondering when Dan said in his ls that they had saved some of the best for last, how far ahead they had gotten with filming. I'd actually be impressed if they managed to get everything done even with Dan being sick.
Last year Dan's chapped lips were the clue to the order of filming, this year it's how sick his voice is! :lol:
katemko wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 pm what if it's sims but someone dies
I wish
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Well, I mean... it's definitely related to Undertale.
(I fell asleep during the thing where they said they would play something related to Undertale so idk what the actual wording was...)
I'm actually really disappointed it's not Hiveswap :( *blows raspberries* oh well
fancybum
senpai

SquishPhan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Pffffttt well ignore everything I just said, what's a bit of murder for xmas, sure ok. Do Dil next guys.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I mean... if you wanna see Dan playing something Dan is super into, this is the game for you.
JustMarie
drama llama

Ok, I have never been so stressed and overwhelmed by a dapg video.
It felt nostalgic seeing them play Undertale again so I was quite happy about this video.

Also, as a reminder, there are only 5 videos left of Gamingmas.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

chiccola
sofa crease

This video made me smile so much, I just have a huge grin on my face rn. It doesn't really have anything to do with the game itself, but more with how soft they were with eachother. I love it when Dan lets himself geek out a little on the gaming channel, and watching Phil be so supportive instead of their usually bantery dynamic was really heartwarming.
"why are you screaming, you don't know why this is good." "I don't know! You said yes" :rofl:
And their smiles at the end when Phil made them tea, could these two get any more domestic? :happytears:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I liked that video and thought Deppy were cute, but it’s not a fave of mine.
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:29 pm
:lol:
tyhane
delia smith

Hmm, that was a very neutral video for me. I wasn't bored by it in the same way I was bored by some of the earlier gamingmas videos, but I wasn't exactly entertained either? It's actually pretty rare for a dapg video to leave me with basically no opinion. :rofl: It was nice to see Phil being supportive/impressed, and the part when he made tea, but that was about it. I guess it goes to show that just having them play a "real game" doesn't = entertaining video with 100% certainty for me personally. And I do feel a bit bad for the mixed messages they must see in that regard. Oh well, I'm looking forward to what other videos they have on the horizon, if Dan was serious when he said they saved the best for last.
hello9217
flower crown

chiccola wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 pm This video made me smile so much, I just have a huge grin on my face rn. It doesn't really have anything to do with the game itself, but more with how soft they were with eachother. I love it when Dan lets himself geek out a little on the gaming channel, and watching Phil be so supportive instead of their usually bantery dynamic was really heartwarming.
"why are you screaming, you don't know why this is good." "I don't know! You said yes" :rofl:
And their smiles at the end when Phil made them tea, could these two get any more domestic? :happytears:
I agree with this all. I was cry laughing when Phil said that.
I have a special place in my heart for the undertale videos and seeing Dan really happy to be playing a game he loves just makes me smile.
dancy
procrastinator

I really liked it, it was intense and they seemed to be quite into it. Then again, I'm familiar with the Genocide route so I can understand why this battle might feel a bit out of place without the context.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

RE: Undertale video
Sorry to be the party pooper (again) - not my kind of video. Sure, they were cute and Dan was into it, but I liked Undertale for the story and the bants and the plot twists, not for the up-down-up-left-left of it. There's better (and more difficult) games to play if I wanna see tricky gameplay without caring too much about the story. (I would have cared more about the story of this video if it hadn't been a full year since I saw their playthrough, but I understand that they didn't want to play the whole thing)

RE: Gamingmas in general
Since we are closing in on the last videos, some premature thoughts on the series: V cute bants, bit too much screaming (yes @whoever asked, I actually have to mute the video when Dan starts screaming cause it makes me physically uncomfortable. I can't laugh it off :shrug:), could have done with better games, could have definitely done with a mini-series instead of just doing these "snippet" let's plays (the Skyrim one, the Undertale one). But I guess making videos of three different games is more lucrative than making a 3 part series, so can't really blame them. That's also IMO why Dan is going back to YouNow for the streams, more $$

RE: Back egg
Surprised that people aren't more familiar with Fabergé (and how expensive it is). Or did I just watch too much Case Closed (Detective Conan) in my youth?
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I’m quite behind sorry!!
Dan’s liveshow: It was good!! I liked it a lot. I’m very disappointed he won’t be doing them on tuesdays anymore.
The Job Simulator Vr video: it was cute! I liked it: I watched Jackaboy play it before so I knew what to expect but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.
Undertale genocide Sans fight; I enjoyed it! Seeing them try so hard and whatnot was entertaining.
:transheart:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I liked the video - it was nice and warm and I laughed at how many times Phil had to physically restrain himself from touching Dan.
The only moment in this video that didn't feel quite genuine was Dan's little comment about Phil's finger role-playing. It came off as "need to make vague suggestive comment" and didn't really flow.
Aside from that - I also have a soft spot for Undertale- I wish we'd gotten an hour long video but this was okay too.

What I'm more curious about is why Dan moved his liveshow to yesterday. Usually he does that when he's going to be busy and he got the video up early and replied so if he is busy he's not so busy that he's away from his phone. Phil also retweeted the video at the same time as Dan. I'm going to speculate that they are together for a few days before Dan goes home or that they are more organized than I give them credit for.
Last edited by Amiaw on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philena
blobfish

The last week or so of gaming vids (sans the stream) have been so good. I agree that Genocide was watching Dan at his best and most interested. I was so invested!

I hope Santa gets Phil his back egg! :gift:
sparkle
blobfish

Okay I get stupid fashions and trends, I might not want to partake in them but I can generally understand why things are a thing.

But a back egg. A. Back. Egg.

:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
liola
rankussy

I liked the game a lot, I had to watch it twice because the first time I was way too focused on the gameplay. I've been interested in the genocide route myself and especially this battle so I'm very glad they did it, this is definitely a video to watch for the gaming itself than derpy and preppy. It made me stressed and also eager to try it.

Still some cute bants, loved the festive tea and Phil being supportive and Dan saying If he had the same hours of training Phil could do it too, a nice change from the usual "you flip flop". I'm interested in why Phil wanted the dinof channel as a prize though, what was he planning?

This has now given me the wild dream of them swapping channel for a video, I don't know what kind of trolling Phil would do on Dan's but it would be epic. And Dan would probably just upload a 10+ minutes video of uncensored swearing and we could celebrate the first demonitised AP video :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

i think this might've been the first dapg video where i've been actually bored. nothing too bad or good, but definitely won't be rewatching
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i was actually kind of hoping that they would never touch the genocide route (their playthrough was so wholesome and felt complete and i can barely watch people play the genocide route because it upsets me so much) but i'm fine with them doing a one-off video to show this one really neat aspect of it. i enjoyed the bants, dan actually being invested in the game, and phil being terrible at being helpful, but it wasn't as great as the other videos this past week have been.

(also, that reply. what the HELL, dan)
alch
ar·tic·u·late

The video was fine, like high average.
Most of what I remember from their undertale let's plays was being bored and barely paying any attention to the video while I was watching it, so I'd call this good for the series.
I wish Dan would've let Phil have a few more goes to try to get better, instead of just the one bad go and immediately stopping.

Dan's twitter reply is truly... something.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

tyhane wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:39 pm Hmm, that was a very neutral video for me. I wasn't bored by it in the same way I was bored by some of the earlier gamingmas videos, but I wasn't exactly entertained either? It's actually pretty rare for a dapg video to leave me with basically no opinion. :rofl: It was nice to see Phil being supportive/impressed, and the part when he made tea, but that was about it. I guess it goes to show that just having them play a "real game" doesn't = entertaining video with 100% certainty for me personally. And I do feel a bit bad for the mixed messages they must see in that regard. Oh well, I'm looking forward to what other videos they have on the horizon, if Dan was serious when he said they saved the best for last.
This is definitely how I wound up feeling. It's not a bad video at all, but as soon as I watched it I was just... immediately done with it, mentally, no drive to rewatch any moments (besides maybe the tea, that was cute). I think seeing Dan genuinely shine at playing a game was fantastic, I think his level of engagement was really nice and I admire that they spent almost two hours filming that one video that they knew they'd be cutting down drastically. (Though that honestly must have been super boring for Phil most of the time.) But it didn't spark much with me personally.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Yea, no, I loved that! I was literally on the edge of my seat. I guess it's good that I also enjoy the gameplay on dnpgames, that means I never get bored. I'm glad he finished it. If I could download only the Sans fight I might try it for myself, but I'm not that invested in Undertale as a whole. It looked extremely difficult.
I mean Phil did suggest it, right? He wanted to see Dan do the Sans fight, I don't see how he could get bored.
I guess an unpopular opinion from me is that I actually don't mind Dan screaming at all, and this game entertained me a lot.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
000dia000
emo goose

Very late to it all, but that VR vid was great. One of the best this month imo.

The video today? Eh, not so much. I think I would have appreciated it more back in January. I look forward to seeing what shattered remains of the Undertale fandom flock to this, however. I think it certainly lost its popularity for a while now, this video was just gratuitous. I think I would have appreciated it more, if this video was the kind of throwaway video like flash games/random charade games have been treated on their channel. I'm a bit disappointed that it is being treated like a "real" gameplay, but that's just me being bitter :mrgreen:

Just a question: how long will gamingmas last? Do you think it will go up until December 24th with PINOF bloopers on Christmas day?
:cactus:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I don't care much for Undertale, but this video was more entertaining to me than at least half their normal Undertale videos. Maybe because I didn't have to sit through hours of dialogue. And I can't truly hate a video that serves me Phil serving tea (of the actual kind) and wearing black. Will I rewatch though? Nah.

I'm amused that they still call it the danisnotonfire channel despite the rebranding. Didn't Dan say DINOF as well in his liveshow? It will never really die. :lol:
sparkle wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:18 pm Okay I get stupid fashions and trends, I might not want to partake in them but I can generally understand why things are a thing.

But a back egg. A. Back. Egg.

It's not really a trend, more like an iconic historical item being put into a modern setting. Fabergé was a Russian jeweler known for making jeweled Easter eggs for the Romanov family. They were made from precious metals and gems and super expensive. They simply put the most iconic creation of the House Fabergé on a necklace for the modern consumer. As far as it being worn on the back, that has been a (usually high end) thing for quite a few years now. It looks nice with a dress that has an open back. Jennifer Lawrence had a look like that when she won her Oscar.

Whether you think the price is worth it, that's personal of course. I'd rather have a shiny egg than those basic ugly Cartier bracelets I see everywhere aka the only proof we need that you can't buy good taste :') Not that I can afford either lmao.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr