Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was cute and an interesting insight into both of them, plus some funny moments like the bitch comment, already I’ve forgotten the rest of that short sentence. I found Dan really difficult to watch with his snarkier-than-usual atttitude and him talking so fast wasn’t fun, then interrupting Phil’s spon with more of it... not sure if he needs a nap, a snack or a smack :roll: Interesting how he said he’s not cuddly when that’s so often how I see him, maybe the maternal feelings are stronger when you’ve got a cold :shrug: I’m not actually into hitting people at all btw. Probably should’ve put hug third.

Phil saved it for me by being cute as hell and I loved all their animal sounds.
Last edited by flarequake on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saffarinda
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

smartcookie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm
And I’m not at all jealous that phil’s patronus is my all time fave cat breed whilst I’m stuck with a lousy shark :jealous: :bbb:
well when i did it the first time i got stuck with a rat so count yourself lucky
25/04/2017 - #blessed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I realize people have their issues about Dan and Phil doing quizzes not games but I will eat this shit up and ask for seconds, because I find it absolutely fascinating to see them answer questions on a time limit where they can't overthink what makes the best soundbyte.

1:04 - "the succ"
1:24 - Phil making fun of how Dan is mumble-speaking.
1:32 - Dan asking Phil, "Who's your spirit daddy?"
2:18 - The quiz tells Dan think of his best memory, Phil asks Dan if he's going to share that. Jumpcut away.
2:21 - (Dream/Discover/Dance) Dan picks dream. "I guess."
2:32 - (Sweet/Salt) Phil says Dan is full of salt. "Thanks, bitch."
2:37 - (Think/Feel/Sense) Dan overthinks the 'think' answer and misses the question.
2:50 - (Over/Under/Around) Dan would go around/think outside the box. He doesn't tackle things head on, he sneaks around the side.
3:15 - (Free/Safe) He picks safe instantly. Phil agrees he'd always want to be safe.
3:27 (Hope/Trust/Love) Dan picks trust because the other two are pointless without it.
3:39 - (Frost/Dew) He goes back and forth between them then settles on frost, because dew is nice to look at but not touch.
4:00 - Dan gets an eagle owl.
5:03 - "Patranus."
5:14 - Phil is afraid he'll say things about himself that he doesn't want to.
5:22 - "Stop saying patranus."
5:38 - Phil says his happiest memory is being on a roller coaster and eating popcorn at the same time and we're just gonna skim past how I thought he said peeing on a roller coaster at first and was here for this new kink revelation.
5:45 - Dan thinks popcorn + roller coaster sounds like a recipe for choking "and not in a fun way."
5:46 - (Seek/Protect/Serve) Phil goes for 'protect' right away. ("He protecc. He attacc.") Dan disagrees and says Phil is definitely a 'serve' though Phil argues he's quite protective.
5:57 - (Rough/Smooth) Phil loses it at this question and you cannot tell me his mind went anywhere besides sex to begin with. He picks smooth. Because he doesn't like the feeling of rough objects. And for no other reason. (The Philly doth protest too much, but moving on.)
6:10 - Phil's expression when he says, "I'll go with ROUGH." is so flamboyant and also so great.
6:12 - (Lead/Save/Escape) Escape. He doesn't want to be near any danger. Dan: "Phil wants to escape the pressure of answering these questions."
6:23 - He takes it back to the 'rough' question.
6:33 - (Forever/Sometimes) Phil picks sometimes, because forever sounds scary. Same, dude. Same.
6:41 - Phil dramatically reads 'it's forming, it's forming' and for some reason Dan says "It's coming?" and then starts to say "The way you read that sounded like-" but doesn't finish the sentence.
6:47 - (Mind/Heart/Spirit) He picks heart, because he goes with his heart over his mind which is sometimes a bad thing to do.
7:15 - Phil gets a Siberian Cat. Dan: "a lazy housebound creature that appreciates nothing and scratches you if it doesn't get its own way. i think that is so true."
7:28 - At this point Dan and Phil realized that this quiz was definitely not enough to film an entire video and move on to fill two minutes on wikipedia because life is meaningless if you don't get that ten minute ad break.
7:46 - Dan says Phil could be an agile jumper with his body type.
7:57 - Dan comments on Phil's impressively large, full tail. Heh.
9:05 - Magestic, beautiful, elegant - the complete opposite of Phil, according to Dan.
9:23 - Bad #spon segue. Dan can't handle it, just starts talking over Phil.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

thephandommenace wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 pm Dan and Phil are literally the owl and the pussy-cat, nursery book lovers
This comment!! And their obsession with mince pies :happytears: Please say deppy's future includes a piggy-wig and a turkey on a hill :philtrash: Judge me; I nanny an 11mo old and The Owl and the Pussy-Cat is their favorite book - I read it at least 3 times a day.
autumnhearth
senpai

I can’t watch the Patronus quiz video right now, but I did want to catch up with what I missed on here today.
peekatyou wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:34 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:03 pmDid dan asking about a partner shock me? Yeah because it’s something they have try to keep away from, I don’t know his reason behind picking that situation for the game but I don’t think it’s to get people to click the video.
I think the reason Dan asked for a partner was just because he thought the answers/suggestions would make for funny content, there’s literally nothing more to it... am I naive? I imagine it’d be kind of weird to ask your significant other to create somebody for you to make steamy love with, but who cares. Maybe that’s how they roll.
I just would like to share the description of the original game:
Billionaire Banshee is a game where everyone playing pretends they're single and looking for a soul mate. There are two card piles: exciting Perks and questionable Quirks. The player whose turn it is grabs one card from each pile and the combination of traits listed makes up their potential lover. For instance:

PERK: They Have A Giant Robot
QUIRK: They Have An Adult Baby Fetish.
Everyone secretly votes if that player would date the weird combination, and those that know their friend best get a point.

The game continues as you find out weird facts about your friends, and the person that knows their friends' preferences best wins!
So Dan’s scenario of a lover is really not that odd, it’s just less creative than Phil or PJ’s, but it does fit better with the cards.

I would actually like to see what Dan looks like in that coat without the hooded bolero sometime, because I quite like the collar and cut.
tyhane
delia smith

Although I admit I was a bit disappointed to see another low-effort/quiz video, I actually liked it quite a lot. It was one of those videos where the bants made up for the gameplay, at least for me. It was pretty damn obvious that they were stalling to get over 10 mins between the tour spon and the animal googling, but I didn't mind. I died laughing at the rough/smooth question. And the fact that Phil added "for no other reason" just confirms that his mind went there too. :rofl:

Also, is Phil wearing that same shirt that Dan got him in like... 2011 or something? Do these boys never throw away any clothing?
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

thephandommenace wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 pm Dan and Phil are literally the owl and the pussy-cat, nursery book lovers
Haha I was about to ask if it was going to be too demon if I started reciting The Owl and The Pussy-Cat by Edward Lear. But I see I’ve been beaten :platonic:

Good to know I’m not the only one who’s smiling a little because of it.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I enjoyed that video quite a bit. Not the best of gamingmas, but I'm always fascinated to see how dan and phil will answer these kind of multiple choice questions. It's why I enjoyed the other harry potter vid and videos like the google quiz games. This was great too since they had to answer so quickly; also nothing new, but the fact that phil kinda gave a disclaimer, something along the lines of 'i don't like how we have to answer so quickly cause I might say the wrong thing'. Just another example of phil not being 100% comfortable with people knowing everything about him, and worrying what people think.

Also, 7:54 - Dan: "'And an equally impressive large full tail'. Well, golly." ahem, nothing we didn't already know, but thanks for bringing that to our attention dan
sunshinias
spork

I thought it was a cute video, if a little boring. :shrug: It was pretty interesting to see their timed answers to the questions, and I am jealous of Phil's adorable patronus.
And that rough question :lol:

(I agree with everyone who was sad when Phil picked sometimes rather than forever, but, tbh, I'd probably pick sometimes too.)
Last edited by sunshinias on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

saffarinda wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:30 pm
smartcookie wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm
And I’m not at all jealous that phil’s patronus is my all time fave cat breed whilst I’m stuck with a lousy shark :jealous: :bbb:
well when i did it the first time i got stuck with a rat so count yourself lucky
I would've loved a shark, but I got stuck with a mole. :cry:

I thought this was an ok video, not quite the level we've been getting the past couple of days, but that's alright. I'm a bit annoyed at all the mistakes they make about the HP world recently, like just say it if you're not that into harry potter, it's fine :roll: either that or reread the books sometime maybe.

Still, a perfectly fine sunday filler that hopefully gave them time to prepare something else that's more exciting.
mm_sunny1993
spork

tyhane wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 pm Also, is Phil wearing that same shirt that Dan got him in like... 2011 or something? Do these boys never throw away any clothing?
yeah, he does! i never really knew that it was phil's shirt. the last time i remember seeing it was when dan was wearing it in a video with pj. but nice that they still have it, i kind of like it.

the video was funny and entertaining :thumb: one of them said in a twitter reply that they would probably make a video about their patronus so i was not really surprised. i have to say i really like when they do quizzes and i also thought that the time filler at the end with them looking at the animal videos was alright because there's never a bad time to look at some cute animals :D
alien
procrastinator

Dan's annoyance with Phil's tour spon segue reminded me so much of how Jenna Marbles reacts to Julian's sponsor segues on their podcast.

I wouldn't want their entire gaming channel to be these types of videos but I do love them a lot. It's a nice look into their thoughts on things and honestly Phil being upfront about being nervous the questions were timed surprised me a little. Just relax man we all love you.

edit: oh also their patronuses fit them perfectly imo or at least way better than mine which was a salmon :roll:
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

ahhh, i thought that this video was coming, albeit not so soon (can we expect an ilvermorny quiz video later in the month? i hope so, because those questions go DEEP)

i'm not sad at all that phil picked sometimes instead of forever-- i completely agree that the concept of forever is terrifying, and i'm the most hopeless romantic i know-- but i was surprised that he picked it considering how he always talks about wanting to live forever. maybe instinctually he doesn't actually feel that way, or thought of the question in a different context? idk.

i got a pine marten when i first took it and i was so happy that i've never taken it again, but that's not been the experience of the vast majority of people i know-- because there are so many possible outcomes, it really does come down to which questions you get.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

whatdoiknow wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:42 pm Also, 7:54 - Dan: "'And an equally impressive large full tail'. Well, golly." ahem, nothing we didn't already know, but thanks for bringing that to our attention dan
Is this a good time to ask where that fanfiction trope comes from cause honestly I've been wondering
Don't judge me

greenergrass
stress mushroom

sunshinias wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:43 pm (I agree with everyone who was sad when Phil picked sometimes rather than forever, but, tbh, I'd probably pick sometimes too.)
I actually didn't see that as a sad thing. It wasn't even necessarily about relationships. As someone who does not like the idea of commitment in any aspect of my life and doesn't like making decisions that can be set in stone (hell, I can barely decide what I want to order for dinner), I completely understand the 'sometimes' answer.

Even if you do take this in the sense of deppy's relationship (whether that be friends or romantic), an answer of sometimes is not a bad thing. That doesn't mean there won't be a forever. It just means, like most relationships, you need to work on it every day and regularly be checking in (with yourself and the other person) if this is what you want in life. I think it's actually a very healthy approach, rather than romanticizing the idea that you can just choose 'forever' and that's it.

(p.s. this wasn't an attack on you, just my own thoughts).
IamMe(Ayame)
tol bean

Gave in and watched todays video, the fact that i dont have an exam for another 2 days nd that the video itself was just 10 mns justified it for me 8-)
I dont know if its just bec i havent watched a vid since pinof nd i just miss them or if im too easy to please, but that was a great video!! :love1: I really loved it even as a person with close to zero harry potter knowledge. I didnt feel like i had to be to enjoy it.
The best part was Phils reaction to the rough or smooth question, and also the "Now search siberian cat hoot", Dan genuinely laughing at the amazing things that come out of phils mouth brings me life <3 :philtrash:
I keep up with the forum here more than with thier actual videos :mrgreen: So i hope the rest of gamingmas is great for all you!!! <3 <3 :ribena:
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:32 pm 2:32 - (Sweet/Salt) Phil says Dan is full of salt. "Thanks, bitch."

5:57 - (Rough/Smooth) Phil loses it at this question and you cannot tell me his mind went anywhere besides sex to begin with. He picks smooth. Because he doesn't like the feeling of rough objects. And for no other reason. (The Philly doth protest too much, but moving on.)
I loved the sass and that we got another example of how Phil's mind is still in the gutter

auri
Pronouns: they/them

Phil is I and I am Phil, we're both Hufflepuffs and I'd also like to have a grizzly bear as my patronus. (i got an Irish Wolfhound which is like the coolest thing ever tbh.)

I really liked the video, since the last hour i had kinda shitty conversation i was dragged into, and I srsly got through it as I got the notif 15 minutes in to the convo. :roll: thanks for saving my night, boys. I really loved how they clearly seem like they have actually no knowledge of the series (well i mean, i think Dan has said that Snape is the best character (I'm not sure if he was serious or joking) so that tells something), and I think the video over all was really cute. I might need to rewatch it sometime tomorrow, but it left me with a nice feeling. It was good.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:56 pm
whatdoiknow wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:42 pm Also, 7:54 - Dan: "'And an equally impressive large full tail'. Well, golly." ahem, nothing we didn't already know, but thanks for bringing that to our attention dan
Is this a good time to ask where that fanfiction trope comes from cause honestly I've been wondering
Don't judge me

I wasn't actually aware it was a fanfic trope. I've just noticed that phil seems to be rather...large. (sorry if this topic makes anyone uncomfortable. I just thought it was a funny moment in the video)
blackdenim
procrastinator

nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 pm i'm not sad at all that phil picked sometimes instead of forever-- i completely agree that the concept of forever is terrifying, and i'm the most hopeless romantic i know-- but i was surprised that he picked it considering how he always talks about wanting to live forever. maybe instinctually he doesn't actually feel that way, or thought of the question in a different context? idk.

I get where Phil is coming from here, actually. I always say I'd like to live forever and I think it's because I don't like to commit to stuff - if you live forever you can try lots of different things for a little while (I'm not necessarily talking about relationships since my last/only relationship was almost 11 years long! But jobs, places to live, haircuts, hobbies, etc) so 'sometimes' suits me quite well too!

I liked this video a lot. I know they're not 'proper' games but these quizzes are low effort when they have to make a vid every day and don't want to burn out, and the bants were great.

I'm off to take the Pottermore quizzes now as I've never taken them. I know for sure I'm a Slytherin but no idea about a Patronus. I think a leopard or jaguar or something like that would be cool! It'd be interesting to know what houses IDBers fit into I think it can be quite telling about personalities! Although I think it says more about you which house you self-identify with.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil has always seemed to be a “sometimes” guy- with his “marriage is just a piece of paper” and his refusing to think about death (something permanent) so I thought it was a pretty in character answer.

I did like this video- Dan and Phil were both in great moods and if we aren’t getting quality games then I’ll settle for the quality bants

Also OT but I just saw that deppy liked a tweet from Phil’s first subscriber- it looks like they sent him the dog calendar. For those in the know, do they always send their calendars to friends and family? I can see sending it to other big youtubers who will tweet about it (ex: they sent pj and Anthony truth bombs/May have sent them the calendar and they also sent the calendar to Dodie) but does anyone think they normally send it to irl friends or smaller youtubers who don’t have much of an audience?
alch
ar·tic·u·late

The video was okay, like nothing special but I like the pottermore quizzes. This one was a little less interesting than the last since the questions were less in depth, but I still thought it was a fun watch.
bee
phabergé

I'm with you all with rats and moles as Patronuses (Patronii), I've got a mongrel dog :tu:

Also I feel like there should be more info on what the different Patronii mean. I want to analyse Deppy's results more. Though a cat seems fitting for Phil, he is slightly cat-like I've always thought! And Dan as an owl looking on on everything from above, living at night... I think I'm just saying stuff now :lol:
malday wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 pm I loved the sass and that we got another example of how Phil's mind is still in the gutter

Wow, I can't remember ever seeing this! Boyish Phil. He's a lot like that still, that's amazing.
nigel ratburn

blackdenim wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:17 pm
nigel ratburn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 pm i'm not sad at all that phil picked sometimes instead of forever-- i completely agree that the concept of forever is terrifying, and i'm the most hopeless romantic i know-- but i was surprised that he picked it considering how he always talks about wanting to live forever. maybe instinctually he doesn't actually feel that way, or thought of the question in a different context? idk.

I get where Phil is coming from here, actually. I always say I'd like to live forever and I think it's because I don't like to commit to stuff - if you live forever you can try lots of different things for a little while (I'm not necessarily talking about relationships since my last/only relationship was almost 11 years long! But jobs, places to live, haircuts, hobbies, etc) so 'sometimes' suits me quite well too!
that makes a lot of sense! i suppose there's a certain freedom of impermanence associated with living, versus something irreversible like death. i've never thought about it like that, but that seems like it's probably along the line of thinking that phil would follow.
liola
rankussy

I really am happy that they posted a patronus video tonight since I was at the HP studios just this morning <3 they're fake fans tho.
Kind of a low effort video but it did make me chuckle out loud and there were a few interesting answers like Dan's lack of hesitation when he picked trust bc without that you can't have hope or love. I mean I wouldn't say that I agree but I see you bb :garbage:

I know I say this at every video but my god Phil keeps being delightful! He's just so on point lately on every single video, he's cheeky and glowy and just looks so happy and it's a joy to watch. I'm hoping he keeps this energy up for AP too, but whatever it is I'm super happy with it! The rough vs smooth moment had me laughing like a teenager along them, they totally were thinking about sex, both of them. Again, very interesting replies, I was surprised it was basically the only question that Dan didn't comment on
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor