Dan & Phil Part 62: Cat Master and Boy-slave

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

dontpanic wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 am re: felix, isn't it a good thing that they're aware of the backlash? I mean, there's backlash comes after the fact so they weren't aware just how strongly their audience felt about felix when dan and phil made the commitment, but they haven't associated or even mentioned him since then, which doesn't necessarily mean they're doing so because of audience attitudes but they at least haven't done anything since then contrary to it (aka doing truth bombs with felix and co, which was a worry of mine for a while).

sidenote: I'm unrealistically optimistic in believing they've cut ties completely with him, but I seriously cant deal with the acute fear that they'll be selfie-ing it up with pewdiepie aka Steve Bannon's bff every time they mention a social event.
Oh, it's definitely a good thing! I really wanted Dan and Phil to acknowledge the issue at the time, and to be able to somehow communicate to them the depths of my/our disappointment. It's just that while Dan and Phil kept silent I wasn't able to tell for sure the extent to which they'd been made aware of the backlash, but now I think it's pretty obvious that they wouldn't have been able to avoid coming into contact with people who were disappointed. I do wish that they would have acknowledged that whole situation instead of staying radio silent, and the fact that they are able to act maturely and responsibly in situations like this proves that they are capable of recognising other mistakes they have made and attempting to rectify them.

Also omg I feel you, New Years and their Brighton Interactive Introverts show will have me on edge!
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

Anyone else kind of wish DnP would get a tad bit involved in the project for awesome? It's all about the youtube community coming together to raise money for different charities. This is the 11th year and they've never made a video about it. If I remember correctly they have only been a small part of a perk you can get if you donated in previous years. I guess they're just too busy.. Can't help but being slightly dissapointed though... Considering a video about Dan's mental health charity would have made sense this year, and maybe I also just want them to host the livestream for a bit. That would be so awesome.
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

JustMe wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 pm Anyone else kind of wish DnP would get a tad bit involved in the project for awesome? It's all about the youtube community coming together to raise money for different charities. This is the 11th year and they've never made a video about it. If I remember correctly they have only been a small part of a perk you can get if you donated in previous years. I guess they're just too busy.. Can't help but being slightly dissapointed though... Considering a video about Dan's mental health charity would have made sense this year, and maybe I also just want them to host the livestream for a bit. That would be so awesome.
Phil did mention Project for Awesome in the end of the video THE TREE in 2010, but that was ages ago and I don't know if they've done anything for the project since then.
@3:45
hello9217
flower crown

dontpanic wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 am
captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:21 am Nothing could ever top the first WWTBAM video for me as it is my all-time favourite DAPgames video ever, but this was still great - 8.5/10. I didn't perceive Dan to be in a bad mood, just a little bit subdued presumably because he's still feeling a bit under the weather after losing his voice the other day. I loved the stolen parka anecdote, and like others have already said Phil continues to shine. Gamingmas has truly picked up in the last few videos, I'm really enjoying it :love2:

Also glad to see they took notice of the people asking them to change the Chopstick Challenge thumbnail - I believe it was genuine ignorance but I think it's great that they listened and took action to fix the issue. The fact that they responded to this does confirm to me that they were definitely aware of the backlash to the two of them hanging out with Felix two months ago though.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually that flag in the thumbnail, I think it was just the overlapping of two things that made it look that way. I think Phil confirms this in his tweet but I could be wrong. If it was just a resemblance issue I think I would be...idk...glad? impressed isn't the right word b/c why should I be impressed with something that should fall under common decency, but it's still nice to see him address such a little thing that a lot of even the nicer youtubers would have probably brushed off. I'll nod my head in affirmation.

re: felix, isn't it a good thing that they're aware of the backlash? I mean, there's backlash comes after the fact so they weren't aware just how strongly their audience felt about felix when dan and phil made the commitment, but they haven't associated or even mentioned him since then, which doesn't necessarily mean they're doing so because of audience attitudes but they at least haven't done anything since then contrary to it (aka doing truth bombs with felix and co, which was a worry of mine for a while).

sidenote: I'm unrealistically optimistic in believing they've cut ties completely with him, but I seriously cant deal with the acute fear that they'll be selfie-ing it up with pewdiepie aka Steve Bannon's bff every time they mention a social event.
I don't want to bring up old drama yet again so I will put this under spoiler in case you don't to read about felix.
Yes, it is good that they are aware of the backlash, which they most definitely are, but it's kind of crappy that they never addressed it or even apologized for it. Like with this, Phil said sorry and change what was bothering people but with the Felix situation, which hurt a lot more people, they say nothing and pretend it never happened. And they even knew what Felix has done beforehand, with the flag thing it was an honest mistake. Maybe-if anything- they now know not to associate with him.
Puffy
drama llama

hello9217 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:21 pm
dontpanic wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 am
captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:21 am Nothing could ever top the first WWTBAM video for me as it is my all-time favourite DAPgames video ever, but this was still great - 8.5/10. I didn't perceive Dan to be in a bad mood, just a little bit subdued presumably because he's still feeling a bit under the weather after losing his voice the other day. I loved the stolen parka anecdote, and like others have already said Phil continues to shine. Gamingmas has truly picked up in the last few videos, I'm really enjoying it :love2:

Also glad to see they took notice of the people asking them to change the Chopstick Challenge thumbnail - I believe it was genuine ignorance but I think it's great that they listened and took action to fix the issue. The fact that they responded to this does confirm to me that they were definitely aware of the backlash to the two of them hanging out with Felix two months ago though.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually that flag in the thumbnail, I think it was just the overlapping of two things that made it look that way. I think Phil confirms this in his tweet but I could be wrong. If it was just a resemblance issue I think I would be...idk...glad? impressed isn't the right word b/c why should I be impressed with something that should fall under common decency, but it's still nice to see him address such a little thing that a lot of even the nicer youtubers would have probably brushed off. I'll nod my head in affirmation.

re: felix, isn't it a good thing that they're aware of the backlash? I mean, there's backlash comes after the fact so they weren't aware just how strongly their audience felt about felix when dan and phil made the commitment, but they haven't associated or even mentioned him since then, which doesn't necessarily mean they're doing so because of audience attitudes but they at least haven't done anything since then contrary to it (aka doing truth bombs with felix and co, which was a worry of mine for a while).

I don't want to bring up old drama yet again so I will put this under spoiler in case you don't to read about felix.
Yes, it is good that they are aware of the backlash, which they most definitely are, but it's kind of crappy that they never addressed it or even apologized for it. Like with this, Phil said sorry and change what was bothering people but with the Felix situation, which hurt a lot more people, they say nothing and pretend it never happened. And they even knew what Felix has done beforehand, with the flag thing it was an honest mistake. Maybe-if anything- they now know not to associate with him.
Ive noticed that of late in all the places they might've once mentioned or made some sort of cute fanboy reference to felix, they've started referencing Jacksepticeye. I think they're absolutely aware of people's feelings on PDP
hello9217
flower crown

Off topic but I really love the fact that Phil liked this on twitter.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm Off topic but I really love the fact that Phil liked this on twitter.
Okay sorry, that's far too hilarious for me to not quote out of a spoiler.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 pm
hello9217 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm Off topic but I really love the fact that Phil liked this on twitter.
Okay sorry, that's far too hilarious for me to not quote out of a spoiler.
:rofl: wow okay, that's really funny!
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

yo guys, i have a few things to #spon here! but first i just want to say thank you so much again to everyone who has bought some idb merch or has donated to help keep us running for the next year. don't forget that half of what is made will go to charity so make sure that you vote for the charity you want us to donate the money to. the poll can be found here. the shop will only be open for the month of december. we have just uploaded two more ranges, so make sure you check them out. they look amazing as a mug (i may have ordered one of each, well they do have a discount on, thats my excuse. so what if my boyfriend rolls his eyes at yet more mugs coming)

in depth bants merch

Also, as the IDB Forum Awards were such a big hit last year, we decided to bring them back again this year. The good thing about the awards is that it gave us an opportunity to look over the best and worst bits of being in the phandom in 2016 so please check out the thread and leave some suggestions.

:love2: :love2: :love2:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

That video was great! I loved last year's who wants to be a millionaire, and this one was honestly great too. If we follow the same linear progression, next year maybe they'll finally get that million.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I’m watching the livestream and wow this game is hella bad. The lag is real, the game is shitty and they’ve got the dan and phil game logo covering the game and that’s really annoying! Not a fan of this game soz.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I mean the stream is laggy and the game is laggy and it's the third episode of a shitty flash game but they had some good bants when they forgot about the chat and just played the game. Also, I am laughing cause when Dan just tried to fix the overlaying logos by zooming around the website, an ad showed on the top saying "At what age can you retire?". What have they been googling for those targeted ads? :lol:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:38 pm Also, I am laughing cause when Dan just tried to fix the overlaying logos by zooming around the website, an ad showed on the top saying "At what age can you retire?". What have they been googling for those targeted ads? :lol:
especially with hentai ads at the end #yikes
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Despite the lag, I enjoyed the ls. Thought the bants were pretty on point. But I’m okay with this being the last time they’ll play this game, since I do think it is time for something new.
I’m looking forward to Dan’s live show tomorrow, hopefully the lag won't be so bad though.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

What was that little eyebrow raise and stare into the camera from Dan after "Phil's being demanding?!
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Amiaw
interactive introvert

onceinaugust wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 pm What was that little eyebrow raise and stare into the camera from Dan after "Phil's being demanding?!
I saw that too and it wasn't even a very "office" like stare...

anyways- they were a mess, the game was a mess, the bants were a mess....but I loved it anyway. I kind of love when everything goes horribly wrong for them because it's so entertaining to me.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:47 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:38 pm Also, I am laughing cause when Dan just tried to fix the overlaying logos by zooming around the website, an ad showed on the top saying "At what age can you retire?". What have they been googling for those targeted ads? :lol:
OMG that reminds me of that one time a friend held a presentation to a room full of people and was trying to explain something and pulled up the web browser and typed into the URL bar... Two characters in and it suggests a hentai video from his browser history. Please help me forget.
I am wondering why it was so laggy today? I tuned in right when Dan was saying something about a hotspot and Phil saying something about having used up all his data. Are they still tethering their phones?

But yeah, great bants, great self-awareness. I loved Dan's firm eye contact with the camera when Phil removed the eyelash from his face. I feel like his facial expression tried to say "Is this what you want? Is this what you ***** want?" but in a funny way :lol:
dancy
procrastinator

Boy, am I glad they won't be playing Fireboy and Watergirl again and I hope the same goes for Overcooked because I'm sooo over those games.

Interesting that Dan said "The whole chat is saying "queen cage". I'm never gonna meet prince Harry, am I?" Was he interested in doing so?

Anyway, I'm wondering why he's doing a live show tomorrow instead of on tuesday like usual but I'm not complaining since he hasn't done one in nearly a month and I've quite missed him.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Omg I hated that janky flash game -- I wansn't a big fan of fireboy and watergirl to begin with so I'm glad they're moving on from that.
I thought it was funny though cause Dan seemed pretty into the game even tho it was so crappy -- like when he was rushing Phil to get back to playing after he took a short break to read the chat. :lol:

This was the first time I've ever watched one of their gaming livestreams as it happened, and it was super laggy for me (not just the game but their video too). Is that normal? I've never noticed it with their side channel livestreams when I've actually caught those as they were live. Also I feel like I missed some stuff from trying to read/talk in the chat, so I'll def have to rewatch.

Can't wait for Dan's ls tomorrow, I've been missing those! <3
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:47 pm
Why can I see Phil already planning his retirement :rofl: and I'm sure Dan is to blame for the hentai
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Sorry to double post, I just missed the editing window
Unrelated to the gaming ls, but I just watched Caspar's new vid which was a collab with Nick Jonas. I think we mentioned him doing one w an American youtuber recently and were speculating if it was a possibility he would do one with the boys? I kind of am doubting it happened but that would be great, since Hey buddy, you he's in London. (Like half of the comments were "hey buddy you in london?" I love that we invade everywhere :lol: )
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
tyhane
delia smith

Oh man. Every gaming stream so far I've made jokes about it being a mess or whatever, but this is the first one where it genuinely felt like one (and not completely in a good way). Between the lag, technical difficulties with the page, and the game itself being pretty shitty, it was kinda oddly stressful to watch. And unlike the other ones, I felt like the bants weren't enough to make up for it this time. Also, usually when I see people saying something like this I disagree, but there were a few moments that felt a bit awkward to me. Sort of like... with it being live, one would say something and the other didn't know how to react. Though I know those sorts of interpretations vary from person to person so it might have been just me. :shrug:

There were a few good parts, don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it. And wtf was with Dan's eyebrow raise after he called Phil demanding. :lol: But overall I'm glad they're done with Fireboy and Watergirl. I'm just curious what game will replace it in their Overcooked-FBWG rotation they had going on.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

The stream was super laggy at times and I'm pretty bored of that game now, but the bants were still good. The best part was dan's face to the camera after Phil saying he wanted the thumbs now, and Dan saying he was being demanding. I don't know how to describe it, but it was less of a "this guy" look, and more of a playful smirk-y look if that makes sense (sorry I'm terrible with describing things). And then he kinda laughed to himself after, before going back to reading the chat. Just found that part really amusing.

Also, Phil's face when he was coming up with the 'queen cage' joke, while he was waiting for dan to stop talking so he could say it. He was obviously so amused with himself, and I love how tickled he gets with his own jokes.

Edit - oh and I forgot to add, I also loved the part near the beginning where Phil was talking about his shy bladder and Dan was just like please stop talking. I noticed Phil always talks openly about that kind of thing (he has in previous videos such as the Sims series), and Dan always gets slightly awkward and is just like wtf phil. I don't know what my point is, just something I've noticed.
Last edited by greenergrass on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malday
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 pm But yeah, great bants, great self-awareness. I loved Dan's firm eye contact with the camera when Phil removed the eyelash from his face. I feel like his facial expression tried to say "Is this what you want? Is this what you ***** want?" but in a funny way :lol:
It was funny that he went to his go-to staring-at-the-camera-face but his cheeks and ears seemed to turn a bit pink afterwards. :lol:

Other than that i think this livestream was nice but rather boring.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Timestamp or bust for the eyebrow raise please!!! Fireboy and Watergirl videos are meh to me, I haven't watched any.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
George
sad dimple

Are we even sure that gaming livestreams will be a thing in 2018? In the last livestream they made that weird comment having "only 2 livestreams left" and now they are so sure they will never play this again (or would they play... a new game? *gasp* :jd: ) . Maybe they have something planned and maybe it's do with the plans they have for the videos while on tour?
You should never go to sleep on an argument.