Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
waves
smol bean
Pronouns: her / she

It seems pretty likely that Dan's going to post a Top Dan memes video in the next couple of days based off his reply to someone on Twitter, what do you guys think he'll include in it??
Compared to previous years I feel like there hasn't been half as many so I'm really interested to see how much of a video he can make out of it..

Also Happy New Year everyone'! I've been lurking for a while and this community is fab, I'm excited to see what 2018 brings :love2:

edit:: also wow first post and its the top of the page I'm going to hide for a few hours :roll: :?
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

waves wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:24 pm It seems pretty likely that Dan's going to post a Top Dan memes video in the next couple of days based off his reply to someone on Twitter, what do you guys think he'll include in it??
Compared to previous years I feel like there hasn't been half as many so I'm really interested to see how much of a video he can make out of it..

Also Happy New Year everyone'! I've been lurking for a while and this community is fab, I'm excited to see what 2018 brings :love2:
if he doesn't include his family cake being dragged on Reddit and the edits of him in a donut i'm going to be so, so sad.

(bonus points if he includes #vasegate)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
dancy
procrastinator

waves wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:24 pm It seems pretty likely that Dan's going to post a Top Dan memes video in the next couple of days based off his reply to someone on Twitter, what do you guys think he'll include in it??
I've seen a lot of people saying this and I agree! He'll probably have to scrape the bottom of the barrel a bit :lol: What pops into my head right now is:
- Ppl roasting Dan's cake
- Gordon Ramsay roasting their pastel meringues
- That week in March
- The Bahamas drama
- Babadook Dan edits
- Soft and neat
- Dan making the same face in almost every M&G selfie
- Lady door/boob king (I know these were both said by Phil initially but it was on their joint channel)
- Drinking out of vases (again, a Phil thing but Dan also did it in his depression vid)
- The cheese costume (honestly, it should be the Top Dan and Phil memes of 2017 at this point but Dan has also worn it multiple times)
- Where are ... and ...? examples: dip and pip, dick and penis, i've spent the most majority of 2016 with and another person etc) I saw this happening a lot on Twitter in October/November whenever D&P were late with videos, announcements, live streams.
- Dan in floating donut/merlion daddy/polling station squat edits
- The rebrand (Dani Snot On Fire, you will always be danisnotonfire)
- D&P holding their cups like toddlers

I know some of these aren't exactly memes but his previous Top Dan Memes videos also incuded things that weren't really memes and I see them more as a recap of the year.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

dancy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:09 pm
I've seen a lot of people saying this and I agree! He'll probably have to scrape the bottom of the barrel a bit :lol: What pops into my head right now is:
- Ppl roasting Dan's cake
- Gordon Ramsay roasting their pastel meringues
- That week in March
- The Bahamas drama
- Babadook Dan edits
- Soft and neat
- Dan making the same face in almost every M&G selfie
- Lady door/boob king (I know these were both said by Phil initially but it was on their joint channel)
- Drinking out of vases (again, a Phil thing but Dan also did it in his depression vid)
- The cheese costume (honestly, it should be the Top Dan and Phil memes of 2017 at this point but Dan has also worn it multiple times)
- Where are ... and ...? examples: dip and pip, dick and penis, i've spent the most majority of 2016 with and another person etc) I saw this happening a lot on Twitter in October/November whenever D&P were late with videos, announcements, live streams.
- Dan in floating donut/merlion daddy/polling station squat edits
- The rebrand (Dani Snot On Fire, you will always be danisnotonfire)
- D&P holding their cups like toddlers

I know some of these aren't exactly memes but his previous Top Dan Memes videos also incuded things that weren't really memes and I see them more as a recap of the year.
I like this list! I think that, if anything, this video is more of a recap of his 2017 as you said, and if he actually makes it I will view it as such. He could call it that but he will stick to his memes :roll: That's. Our. Dan.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
blackdenim
procrastinator

Happy New Year IDB! I was partying until like 6am (very unlike me!) so I am feeling pretty delicate today :lol:

I'm super excited to see what 2018 brings for D&P and for our little community and I'm also looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you - and to meeting Dan and Phil! - at Interactive Introverts :ribena:

Most of all, I'm lowkey looking forward to Dan and Phil moving out of their current place (either due to stalkers or to get themselves into that forever home after the tour) and in doing so, FINALLY CONFIRMING THAT MY TWO FLATS THEORY IS CORRECT.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

@dancy's list makes it how obvious it is that this should probably be a full on dan and phil memes video - Dan just didn't have that many by himself.

(Though, I still prefer the idea of just Dan presenting the video without Phil. I think Dan is better at roasting them - and us - than Phil.)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

He should just go for Top Dan & Phil Memes tbh, but I doubt that's happening.

edit: dammit dizzy how are you posting the same idea one sec before i do? :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:46 pm He should just go for Top Dan & Phil Memes tbh, but I doubt that's happening.

edit: dammit dizzy how are you posting the same idea one sec before i do? :')
Brain twins. Or... Dan and Phil are predictable, lmao.
DatCog
blobfish

blackdenim wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm Happy New Year IDB! I was partying until like 6am (very unlike me!) so I am feeling pretty delicate today :lol:

I'm super excited to see what 2018 brings for D&P and for our little community and I'm also looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you - and to meeting Dan and Phil! - at Interactive Introverts :ribena:

Most of all, I'm lowkey looking forward to Dan and Phil moving out of their current place (either due to stalkers or to get themselves into that forever home after the tour) and in doing so, FINALLY CONFIRMING THAT MY TWO FLATS THEORY IS CORRECT.
2018, the year of the TIIT! I'm so excited to finally see these boys in the flesh, albeit from my seat in row E, and to meeting some of you IDB-ers in Brighton on Day 1 :D . I'm already regretting not getting VIP tickets but it's still going to be a great experience.

I hope they move again after the tour to their forever home and we get closure on the flat(s) - I never ever thought I'd say this but the 2 flat theory is the only one that makes any logical sense now.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

DatCog wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:06 pm
blackdenim wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm Happy New Year IDB! I was partying until like 6am (very unlike me!) so I am feeling pretty delicate today :lol:

2018, the year of the TIIT! I'm so excited to finally see these boys in the flesh, albeit from my seat in row E, and to meeting some of you IDB-ers in Brighton on Day 1 :D . I'm already regretting not getting VIP tickets but it's still going to be a great experience.

I hope they move again after the tour to their forever home and we get closure on the flat(s) - I never ever thought I'd say this but the 2 flat theory is the only one that makes any logical sense now.
After recent events :roll: I think the 2 flat theory is definitely something I now believe, I was against it in the beginning but I still don’t understand the purpose of 2 flats but showing both?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I am also really looking forwards to the II tour just because seeing them live has been my favourite thing about being in this phandom but also because it will be fun to meet IDB-ers. It's not really that long away until the beginning tbh, only 4 months away, they better get recording some videos in preparation!!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan liked Jack Howard's tweet about starting therapy.
If you want to chat more about Jack and Hazel, that thread has been pretty active - but I felt like this was significant enough to be here. I just really appreciate Dan being supportive of other youtubers and their mental health, even when it's not people I think that Dan holds a great affection for or anything.

(Also makes me wonder how in the gossip circle Dan and Phil are? Did they get all the dirt on Jack and Hazel? And if so, who from?)
kavat
pastel persona

kalli wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 pm YAAAASSSS I love brockhampton and I've been so curious as to whether Dan was a fan too :stan:

They released 3 albums in 2017 which are all easily in my top 5 faves of the year. STAR, FACE, JUNKY, JELLO, BLEACH, ZIPPER, BOOGIE and HOTTIE are the standout tracks for me, and SATURATION III is my favourite of the trilogy.
This was my exact reaction as well, finally he gave the boys some attention! <3 I knew he would like them, the only chats I've sent in liveshows have been about them (I'm not invested enough to pay for superchats/premium tho, that's where I draw the line). I hope he talks about them in his next liveshow.
Even if you don't like hiphop there's some really nice songs that are closer to the boyband vibe they're going for.
somebodyelse
smol bean

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:28 pm
Last night I played Truth Bombs and Cards Against Humanity with my siblings. While the latter was a bit more of hit, after sending the kids to bed, everyone seemed to enjoy Truth Bombs. The only complaint was three of colors being too similar. There are two blue-greens and one duller blue that are hard to distinguish on the answer sheets... especially with our atmospheric lighting. It would have been better if one was switched to purple and another to white. Too late for that.
My family had the same complaint about the colors being hard to distinguish. oh well.

Dan's album tweet is probably my favorite dan tweet ever. We have very similar music taste and he was so active in the replies. I was a bit tipsy last night reading the replies, but I'll look through them again today. 10/10 tweet. :bigthumbsup:
Matty: "Dan and Phil? Like Dan and Phil off the radio?"
Dan: "Phil I told you we couldn't call up as fans. Oh my god this is very embarrassing."
katemko
delia smith

It hasn't fully sunk in that I'm seeing them IRL this year. I don't think I'll fully believe it until I'm at the venue.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
autumnhearth
senpai

Secretstanner wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:36 pm

After recent events :roll: I think the 2 flat theory is definitely something I now believe, I was against it in the beginning but I still don’t understand the purpose of 2 flats but showing both?
Same. I was clinging so desperately to them at least being connected internally, but now I don’t even believe that.

I’ve said it before, but I don’t think they planned to show both apartments as much as they ended up doing. When they first moved they implied that we would see the upstairs lounge and the moon room on Instagram, whereas “downstairs” was for filming and had all their familiar stuff (much of which we haven’t seen :sideeye: )

However the WiFi situation, combined with their laziness and perhaps social awkwardness/anxiety (I don’t blame them for either) got the better of them. Liveshows were just easier and nicer to do in their actual living spaces. :shrug:

And when Dan gets kicked out last minute because Phil is watching a show with his mum or editing on the computer in the nook, Dan retreats to the nearest private space, his bedroom. Whereas Phil doesn’t care if we hear Dan clickity clacking, chatting or coughing in the background. He’s staying put. :lol:

It was honestly a pretty smart arrangement for separating work and private life, but things don’t always work out the way you planned and some of us are just too damn curious (not counting the stalking or address leaking, that is in no way ok). I think a post tour move would be smart. Bring on that forever home and a dog!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Same. I was clinging so desperately to them at least being connected internally, but now I don’t even believe that.

I’ve said it before, but I don’t think they planned to show both apartments as much as they ended up doing. When they first moved they implied that we would see the upstairs lounge and the moon room on Instagram, whereas “downstairs” was for filming and had all their familiar stuff (much of which we haven’t seen :sideeye: )

However the WiFi situation, combined with their laziness and perhaps social awkwardness/anxiety (I don’t blame them for either) got the better of them. Liveshows were just easier and nicer to do in their actual living spaces. :shrug:

And when Dan gets kicked out last minute because Phil is watching a show with his mum or editing on the computer in the nook, Dan retreats to the nearest private space, his bedroom. Whereas Phil doesn’t care if we hear Dan clickity clacking, chatting or coughing in the background. He’s staying put. :lol:

It was honestly a pretty smart arrangement for separating work and private life, but things don’t always work out the way you planned and some of us are just too damn curious (not counting the stalking or address leaking, that is in no way ok). I think a post tour move would be smart. Bring on that forever home and a dog!
This whole apartment thing confuses me like no other.

So is the thinking that the 2 flats are in the same building and one is strictly for filming and the other for living together?
starwatersong
phabergé

Anyone notice the mention of the ditty meme in the live show Pranking Dan with the Plant Sprayer? It’s at around 19:20ish for about two minutes and Phil suggests they make their own.

Anyhow, happy new year, everyone! Was excited to put our calendar page on January!
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

delete if this is not allowed but [contents redacted by moderator, violates Forum Rule 2]
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rule violation
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

@Lucyrg95 (not quoting cause I hope your post gets deleted soon)
So you think stalking more information on the base of stalked information is allowed here?
I didn't wanna know this. I don't wanna know information that they are keeping private. Posts like this make me not wanna be here cause I don't wanna feel uncomfortable like I do now.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

jhamba wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:00 pm2. Posting of private personal information of the individuals we discuss is strictly prohibited. This includes addresses, contact details (off or online), or those of the individuals associated with them (friends and family; past present or future).

Please, guys, speculation based on videos and pictures they post is fine, and we cannot control what you find or do on your own, but we will not allow or encourage invasion of their privacy/discussion of where they live based on information that has not come directly from Dan and Phil publicly on the forum.

We've been very lenient on this so far, under the assumption that some people may just not be familiar with the rules, but if this continues we will be issuing official warnings. If you're ever unsure if something is okay to post or not, please just PM a mod first. We'd be happy to clarify what is allowed and what isn't.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I'm still in denial about two flats. I think they just have a very confusing flat. Dan said that at the beginning and I'm sticking with it. Plus, I was watching Tom Daley's vlog yesterday and he mentioned their upstairs kitchen and downstairs kitchen and they have a flat in a building. I remember that was a thing we talked about a lot- their two kitchens.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
Secretstanner
truth bomb

My opinion on the 2 flat theory. To me the flat with the white floor which has the gaming room, old sofa lounge and Phil’s room is the filming apartment and not the live in one. It would make sense in why Phil’s room looks very staged and “on brand” for amazing phil. My theory that I know will piss people off because is goes against dnp sharing a room.... that back when Phil tweeted that the centipede was under his bed wasn’t a lie at all and he does have a room with wooden floor in their “real” apartment. And that would explain the wooden floor in the picture. I don’t believe they live in separate apartments. And I do believe that they tried to make their filming apartment look very much like their old place. The apartment with the wooden floor looks very grown up compared to their last house. So if this is all true I don’t see why they still go through the trouble of lying in the first place. I get wanting to be private but would it be too much trouble to say look we have a filming apartment and a live in apartment. A lot of the time when they try to cover things up is what makes people not believe when they tell the truth.

I hope me saying this is okay? This is a theory not me saying it’s the truth. Iv love to be proved wrong and someone show me that it is just one apartment though.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:41 pm Dan liked Jack Howard's tweet about starting therapy.
If you want to chat more about Jack and Hazel, that thread has been pretty active - but I felt like this was significant enough to be here. I just really appreciate Dan being supportive of other youtubers and their mental health, even when it's not people I think that Dan holds a great affection for or anything.

(Also makes me wonder how in the gossip circle Dan and Phil are? Did they get all the dirt on Jack and Hazel? And if so, who from?)
I too was wondering at the time whether they would have already known about the breakup or if they just found out on twitter along with everyone else. I guess it depends if they had been broken up for awhile already or if there wasn’t much time between the breakup and Hazel’s announcement of it. If there was a bit of time, maybe they would have heard it from PJ..? I can’t think of who else they would just casually talk to about other people’s business lol. I want to be a fly on so many gossipy walls.

Anyway holy shit I randomly thought of this from what I thought was just last year but was actually two years ago. Time isn’t real etc. But there is footage of D&P being interviewed in their old flat that Benjamin Cook is just going to take with him to his grave and I’m freshly annoyed about it. Is he just going to pop up every few years from his bubble of Doctor Who to taunt the phandom with even more footage we’ll never see because he’s never going to come back to YT despite frequently enough saying otherwise?? Is he just filming interviews with people for his own amusement, knowing the whole time nobody else will ever see them? Are the cameras even rolling?
2016?? Anything they talked about in that interview will be so outdated, it will never see the light of day. Ben Cook is a monster. Happy 2018 everyone.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
howadorableright
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Addressing the two flats thing yet again:
I'm almost certain I have said this before, but my friend's house has one big kitchen and 2 other kitchenettes, both with full-sized fridges and the whole shebang (the reason I'm talking about fridges is bc that seemed to be the base of a lot of peoples' arguments). My house has two fridges and a big freezer, as do most people I know. Dot and Flinn having more than one kitchen doesn’t seem like the most solid argument (but still take whatever I say with a grain of salt).

happy new year lol peace and blessings
back back back back again