Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

A couple of housekeeping notes...
  • You've got a week to get stuff from the In Depth Bants redbubble shop! You can find more information on that here - or if you don't want to buy anything, you can always make a paypal donation here. We're about halfway to what we need to fully pay for the forum upkeep the next year, along with making a matching donation to charity!
gif credit
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

katemko
delia smith

"fuck off. pitch perfect." lol
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
DatCog
blobfish

OMG that was hilarious, especially the last round. Think it might have been better than the first Charades. 9.5/10 :tu:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

"smile - happy - ugly" *Phil's face drops*
:rofl: I need a gif of that

I'll be over here though, in my perfect little trashcan :garbage:
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

phil pointing at his smiling face for "perfect" had me laughing out loud, oh my goodness. dan is clearly much better at giving clues than phil is; i knew what the phrase was for "between a rock and a hard place" and i still had no clue what the fuck he was doing. also i need gifs of the entire part at the end with phil covering his mouth with his jumper immediately, please and thank you. vv good content, thank you boys :garbage:
JustMarie
drama llama

I LOVED IT!!! :garbage:

This has to be the best gamingmas video this year. I have never laughed so hard since Yasuhati!
Phil was shining!! First with the "perfect" and then with the "private" :rofl:

I will go and watch it again :garbage:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Mini timestamps because I don't have time to rewatch but oh my god that was fucking amazing, even if I had to look away from the screen when Phil took it to the penis place.

1:10 - Stuff your holes with naan if you want.
2:20 - Dan compliments Phil's showering.
4:08 - Phil defending his book knowledge.
4:50 - Flaily Phil punching Dan.
6:44 - "You're just like a big panicky flustery mess."
6:52 - "A lot of holes and no naans."
8:42 - Freakin' heffalump, you.
9:10 - Jumpcut after ugly.
9:55 - Dan when he realizes Phil is using himself as Pitch Perfect.
12:06 - Throw the diary penis Dan and Phil.
12:31 - They'll see about Phil's hole-naan situation.
dancy
procrastinator

A big YES from me! I was hoping they'd do this and they certainly delivered! I could see where Phil was going with some of those gestures, I doubt I would've been able to guess many of them. I loved it when Phil pointed at himself for the word "perfect" :rofl:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I always get weirdly suspicious when D&P upload a video before 9pm. I'm not sure what I think there up to but it happens so infrequently that I always feel like there must be something happening.

Bless Phil. His brain clearly just isn't wired like everybody elses, I couldn't believe he pretended to be a Tardis before he tried to pretend to be a doctor for Doctor Who. :lol:

That being said though I decided to play along this time and I did actually get the last one and I suck at charades so I think not getting Saving Private Ryan is on Dan as Phil's clues weren't (all) that bad.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was so funny. :rofl: Really glad they decided to do this.
I certainly wouldn't mind if they played some more charades in the future.
tyhane
delia smith

That was great. Not sure if I liked the first charades better or this one, I loved them both. The round with "pitch perfect" had me laughing so much. Phil's face after Dan guessed "ugly" reminded me of the Sims episode where Phil gave Dan the announcement moose, and he tooted it and announced he hated Phil. I was interested to see how Phil would do after seeing how his mind works in videos like Quick Draw, and he didn't disappoint. I loved when Dan asked him after the Saving Private Ryan round why he didn't act out a scene from it and he just went "...oh." :lol:

Dan really took to that naan and holes joke that Phil made at the beginning of the video. :rofl: At this point I just roll my eyes with them.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That was great, I was laughing all the way through. :rofl: If only because Phil was a hot mess at times, bringing us content like pointing at his dick and referring to himself as perfect. High self esteem King of leaving his family friendly branding behind!

Doesn't quite top Dan not being able to speak though, I kinda missed that at some points :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Flomy
sofa crease

That was so funny oh my god, I was laughing out loud for 13 minutes! Some highlights for me:

1.27: Phil laughs a bit about the noise Dan makes and then imitates it, and giggles again.
3.01: Phil doing something with his hands and Dan's first guess is "you're an erotic dancer! You're a belly dancer!!!"
8.14: Phil screaming "HAWK" 2 cm from Dan's ear (though Phil kind of deserves to scream directly in Dan's ear a bit).
8.55: "your rules, you just pull them out the air like you'll be pulling naans out of your holes"
11.50: Phil gesturing to Dan and him for the word Ryan, "because there's always a person called Ryan", right Phil. :rofl:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Very fitting video to christen this thread!!
This was hands down the best video of gamingmas so far. I loved it and I hope they continue the series or do this on tour.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I have honestly never laugh so much watching a D&P video as I did with this one.

Phil's perfect brain is so special, I kind pf expected this after watching the drawing games, but this one was one of a kind.

Saving Private Ryan will never be the same for me again.

Tony Hawk's was hilarious!!!!!
Philena
blobfish

Amiaw wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:29 pm Very fitting video to christen this thread!!
This was hands down the best video of gamingmas so far. I loved it and I hope they continue the series or do this on tour.
It would be great on stage, wouldn't it?

I loved it! Um, you can't actually mouth the words in charades, Cheaty McCheaterson. :rofl: Also glad to hear a defense from "prolific reader" Phil.
gnostic
stress mushroom

1. Even though it is late, i feel like evening out the attitudes and saying i fucking loved the undertale vid. There is actually A LOT to be said here but the discussion moved on.

2. As an experienced veteran of charades, I continue to maintain (as i did with last video) Dan is shit at them. Although in this video he was clearly taking the piss and not even trying a couple of times, I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle him a couple of times. Especially with the "rock and a hard place"- it was painfully obvious he just wanted to extend the video but damn, find a better way to do it, especially with how obnoxious you tend to be blaming your own shit on other people, Danyul. Ugh, time to take a break for DnP for again, I guess.

Personally I guessed all of them, and honestly I only found "Saving Private Ryan" described in... unexpected manner, the rest seemed perfectly reasonable to me
Just here for the marketing skills
autumnhearth
senpai

Phil bragging that they have mental symbiosis while poking his own eye repeatedly, I see how this is going to go. Boys need some cedar up in their wardrobe. I’ve never had it, but peshwari naan sounds delicious, like the mince pie of naan. Not actually doing timestamps because my son and I are feeling poorly. I just hope it’s not the flu.

I loved the video, though I preferred the first charades, it may be my fave so far. Phil totally cheated a couple times mouthing the words “who” and “how”, but Dan didn’t see his bow tie miming. Pitch Perfect was definitely the best. Was Dan really pretending not to get “pitch” because of Phil’s “perfect”? I think it was really obvious with their whole vocal range thing they do.

:sunshine: :angel2: :cinnamon: <3 (these all came to mind)

I may encourage the husband to close his eyes along with the game whenever he gets around to watching it. He’s still a few behind, but when he watched the first charades in bed, I had to pause it at least five times while he rolled around on the bed (and floor), trying to breathe through his laughter. Literally :rofl:

I watched Undertale genocide run this morning and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Supportive Phil is always nice. I don’t think I posted about the jobs VR, it was alright, but not a fave. I did end up watching the stream all the way through, but just for background banter while I knit, it’s definitely at the bottom.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Can we all just agree that Charades wins gamingmas? I demand a series, I love it. <3

This one was SO FUNNY -- Phil acting out skating, Dan calling Phil a "heffalump" :elephant: (a Winnie the Pooh reference i can't), and "Phil is... ugly.. dissapointing.. cringe.. moth-eaten" were some of my fav moments. Def need to rewatch immediately (and probably like 5 more times tonight let's be honest I'm trash). :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
blackdenim
procrastinator

I loved this video but it seriously bugs me neither of them play charades 'properly' with the whole 'X words'/'first word' and then acting it out, etc. and instead just try to act out the whole movie/show/whatever in one go! Or maybe that's just how my family plays it!
000dia000
emo goose

lmao fuck whatever I said about making long videos, or playing more advanced games, they obviously just have no standard and I accept that gives them more liberty to do beautiful stupid shit like that video. I have launched myself into the void of meaningless, give me more Phil doing charades and getting angry at Dan, that was quality stuff
:cactus:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

What a great video! Possibly my new fav of gamingmas this year. They were both in great moods and it translated really well. I would love to see more charades on the channel, or something along these lines (anything where someone has to guess, whether it be charades or some type of game where one person describes something and the other guesses like 'heads up' or games like that).

I love any game where they are working together (please bring back 'Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes'!) They are hilarious in these types of situations, and I'm also enamored and fascinated watching how their dynamic works together.

Also, I'm all for Dan trolling Phil, like with the Pitch Perfect answer. He gets such joy out of it. (I'm getting flashbacks to Dan doing this, and it driving Phil crazy, and then Dan being like, I knew all along, or something. He was guessing something, or Phil was trying to explain something? I think he might have actually said the words "I'm trolling you". Ah what am I thinking of, this is bugging me now. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

blackdenim wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:43 pm I loved this video but it seriously bugs me neither of them play charades 'properly' with the whole 'X words'/'first word' and then acting it out, etc. and instead just try to act out the whole movie/show/whatever in one go! Or maybe that's just how my family plays it!
I actually feel like they probably play it like that when they're playing with friends, but that they adapted it for this video to be a little more silly and a little less legit charades. Phil did slip into the whole x words/first word type of thing, and I feel like he did it in the Buffy video from years ago too?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I was :rofl: at that and as confused as Dan, I got one just as he said it and got Pitch Perfect eventually. I didn’t think Phil was a nervously flailing mess at all, I’m sure Dan’s joking, but in 1m30s and Phil’s different way of thinking, I thought he did pretty well. As good as Dan anyway, both their acting and guessing was about the same standard.

Couldn’t believe Phil actually opened with Boob Kings, cheeky cat, and then Dan about the naan, wow, so much didn’t need that vision. @autumnhearth what does cedar up in your wardrobe mean? Cedar scent? Wood? Curious.