Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
human
dan hand trash

I just almost died seeing a pic of Ben Cook. I liked him and I literally forgot all about him, where has he even BEEN.

Also? Does anyone have a link for Dan’s cake getting grilled on Reddit? Lol I need to see dis.
blackdenim
procrastinator

howadorableright wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:21 pm Addressing the two flats thing yet again:
I'm almost certain I have said this before, but my friend's house has one big kitchen and 2 other kitchenettes, both with full-sized fridges and the whole shebang (the reason I'm talking about fridges is bc that seemed to be the base of a lot of peoples' arguments). My house has two fridges and a big freezer, as do most people I know. Dot and Flinn having more than one kitchen doesn’t seem like the most solid argument (but still take whatever I say with a grain of salt).

happy new year lol peace and blessings
The thing is (and I'm sorry, I don't know why I care about this so much!) is your friend's house a flat in an apartment building in a central part of a city which is practically known for being overpopulated and therefore is super cramped for living space?

I think 2 kitchens is completely reasonable thing in some houses - I grew up partially in a large cottage in Scotland, which had two full sized kitchens (which we needed, because we were a family of 8-10 depending on if assorted grandparents and aunts were living with us!) - but a two to three bedroom (counting the gaming room as the third bedroom) flat in London? Absolutely not. It's a waste of space. If for some bizarre reason a flat 'came' - as in, was designed and sold, which is already unlikely - with two kitchens, any London landlord worth their salt is going to turn one of them into a bedroom to maximise the amount of rent they can charge tenants.
dontpanic
#relatable

I think the moral of this story is that rich people have very impractical floor plans. 1 flat or 2, istg their guests probably get lost on the way to the bathroom.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I still think they have one flat, only because I can't see any benefit for getting two flats and using both in videos. I doubt they'd get another flat unless it had a secondary purpose, and I don't see what that'd be since they'd have already used both flats for filming presuming that they have two. Who knows though, I'm not as good at analyzing floor plans as some of you guys are.
human wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 pm I just almost died seeing a pic of Ben Cook. I liked him and I literally forgot all about him, where has he even BEEN.

Also? Does anyone have a link for Dan’s cake getting grilled on Reddit? Lol I need to see dis.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPeopleTwi ... s_defense/
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

dontpanic wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:48 pm I think the moral of this story is that rich people have very impractical floor plans. 1 flat or 2, istg their guests probably get lost on the way to the bathroom.
I have nothing to contribute to the discussion but this made me cackle loudly :rofl:
I'm very behind on all that was discussed about their new living place but I feel hella guilty about wanting to know more about their layout when they don't want us to know, I just hope that right before moving they make a tour for us (maybe a liveshow one, that would be nice).
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

No idea how exactly "recent events" prove or disprove the two-flat-theory (how are people so certain the supposed leaked address is actually dnp's given that they've shared next to no information regarding the flat's location?? I don't want to know tbh), but I'm still not sure where I personally stand.

On the one hand, the tiled rooms of the house appear to be on a separate floor to any of the rooms with floorboards, and the moon room is definitely on a separate floor to the upstairs living/kitchen area, which would suggest that if it is one flat there are three floors, which seems like A Lot. But on the other hand, if there are two separate flats they would have had to travel between flats almost every day during most of December to film gamingmas, which would be a major hassle if the flats are in different buildings. And there seems like little point to having two flats with the intention of preserving one as private while sharing the other, non-lived in one for filming, only to end up sharing both flats equally. Surely that would be a waste of money?

I do remain pretty certain that they aren't living separately though, given that the upstairs living area looks more lived in than any other room of the house(s), and contains possessions that belong to the two of them (games, books/dvds, awards/trinkets etc).
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I'm pretty certain they do live together - they did say this flat is big and their old flat was 3 levels so it's not unheard of for them to have 3 levels in a flat.

I'm just assuming from their stories (Phil and the beetles, laundry anecdotes) and the liveshows where Phil ordered food and when Dan got his toothbrush (the doorbell sounded the same, Phil answered in both instances) that they live together and have managed to find another crazy apartment.

Plus if they are in both locations equally I can't really see Phil Lester willing to pay for 2 separate flats, even if he does get to write part of it off for business.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I still don't believe in the 2 flat theory, if only for my own damn sanity. They can't be THAT extra (and kinda wasteful).
fancybum wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:51 pm
Anyway holy shit I randomly thought of this from what I thought was just last year but was actually two years ago. Time isn’t real etc. But there is footage of D&P being interviewed in their old flat that Benjamin Cook is just going to take with him to his grave and I’m freshly annoyed about it. Is he just going to pop up every few years from his bubble of Doctor Who to taunt the phandom with even more footage we’ll never see because he’s never going to come back to YT despite frequently enough saying otherwise?? Is he just filming interviews with people for his own amusement, knowing the whole time nobody else will ever see them? Are the cameras even rolling?
2016?? Anything they talked about in that interview will be so outdated, it will never see the light of day. Ben Cook is a monster. Happy 2018 everyone.
A bit mad that I was reminded of this betrayal ngl. The worst thing is that this was the re-filming as well. They had already done a shoot before at the YouTube Space while the original Becoming YouTube was still being uploaded, a clip of it is shown in the very last episode. But then it was outdated (the sexual assault accusations had happened for example so like half of the cast got booted) so they filmed again this time at their flat and we STILL never saw it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Loafer
sofa crease

I'm guessing using everything we know (the slight glimpse of their balcony with that distinguishable orange tile/brick wall, +what the stalkers posted) people have been able to find flats in their supposed building that are reasonably similar to dnps, but not a complete match? Or there are no duplexes in dnps area or something? Just curious as to why the two flats theory is suddenly more viable.

I'm baffled as to why, if they had two separate flats (actually, would it be one flat, and one duplex? We've seen stairs so we know there's a duplex), why they were so bad at sticking to filming/posting pictures from only one, from the get go. I think one of the first pictures they posted of the new flat was from the "real" lounge, and then they did the first liveshow in the "show" lounge (decorated like their old one). I get that they would want to have some degree of separation between work and real life, but they hardly made any effort to keep it up.
sparkle
blobfish

My girlfriend and I debated their living situation on FaceTime earlier (if she gets to debate with me about whether or not Kylie Jenner is pregnant, I get a free pass for Phan - she's also being dragged along to the tour M&G even though she doesn't want to because I literally got hypothermia for her when we tried to meet Twenty One Pilots and she owes me :lol: ) and we came to the conclusion that if they have two apartments, it somewhat makes sense.

Like, in the context of separating work and living being something that helps many people be productive, if Dan was trying to grab depression by the titballs then one thing I'd do if I had the money would be to have an 'office' or a 'set' and keep my actual space for relaxing. So you get into the mindset of 'going to work' by physically being in a 'work' space and not somewhere you also watch TV, sleep, etc. By making the apartment seem confusing af its easier to explain why they'd seemingly have a never ending stretch of rooms. Making it harder to find a matching floor plan and have their location leaked - because nothing would match an assortment of rooms over two apartments.

Though she did raise an interesting point that I didnt think of; this makes them seem at a cross roads with their private lives on YouTube. If they do have a filming apartment and therefore clearly wish to keep their lives even more private than other people on YouTube then she thinks it indicates that they're having a serious think about how they proceed from here. I think her exact words were along the lines of 'they need to accept that their job comes with an invasion of privacy by virtue of sharing their space and if that makes them uncomfortable if they want to move to owned property they need to find a better solution than the one they currently have' and I agree with her. I think this situation is a trial for something more concrete, and I think they're dropping some boundaries but putting more up in other ways that actually protects them.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
malday
emo goose

Amiaw wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 am I'm just assuming from their stories (Phil and the beetles, laundry anecdotes) and the liveshows where Phil ordered food and when Dan got his toothbrush (the doorbell sounded the same, Phil answered in both instances) that they live together and have managed to find another crazy apartment.
I think those liveshows were filmed in the same area upstairs, where they both do their ls.

Two apartments in the same building makes more sense to me than an apartment on 3 floors. It's not that hard to travel between neighboring flats, during continuous filming they could've slept and eaten in one apartment or the other.
But i'm leaning towards one big duplex, like they said. What i took away from their joint liveshow was that they separated the living area from the filming area for practical reasons, because they didn't want to drag their equipment every time and have it laying all over their home, not necessarily because they wanted to keep it secret.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Amiaw wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 am I'm pretty certain they do live together - they did say this flat is big and their old flat was 3 levels so it's not unheard of for them to have 3 levels in a flat.
I mean, I think the two flat theory was that they have one flat for living and one for work, not that they live separately.

I'm still not totally sold on the theory, maybe I just don't want to believe it. They're really rich, I'm sure they just have a big apartment
Amiaw
interactive introvert

sparkle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:12 am Like, in the context of separating work and living being something that helps many people be productive, if Dan was trying to grab depression by the titballs then one thing I'd do if I had the money would be to have an 'office' or a 'set' and keep my actual space for relaxing. So you get into the mindset of 'going to work' by physically being in a 'work' space and not somewhere you also watch TV, sleep, etc. By making the apartment seem confusing af its easier to explain why they'd seemingly have a never ending stretch of rooms. Making it harder to find a matching floor plan and have their location leaked - because nothing would match an assortment of rooms over two apartments.
I could understand it from this viewpoint because I do have similar circumstances (working from home, mental stuff) so I know it can make a huge difference if they keep things separate and it is actually recommended.
sparkle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:12 am Though she did raise an interesting point that I didnt think of; this makes them seem at a cross roads with their private lives on YouTube. If they do have a filming apartment and therefore clearly wish to keep their lives even more private than other people on YouTube then she thinks it indicates that they're having a serious think about how they proceed from here. I think her exact words were along the lines of 'they need to accept that their job comes with an invasion of privacy by virtue of sharing their space and if that makes them uncomfortable if they want to move to owned property they need to find a better solution than the one they currently have' and I agree with her. I think this situation is a trial for something more concrete, and I think they're dropping some boundaries but putting more up in other ways that actually protects them.
Again, I am agreeing with your friend. I think Dan and Phil started setting boundaries when they moved - we all speculated but they told us in their own way and in their own time. They've also been very private about their living spaces and their holidays in ways that they weren't before.

I've felt that after this tour things are going to change. I'm not sure in what way, whether there will still be a Dan and Phil that are such a tight unit or even if they'll both want to continue with Youtube but it will be interesting to see what happens.
thesadassassin
dank meme

maybe they bought two different apartments because they are planning on starting their own lives in 2019 after the tour but still want to be neighbours
human
dan hand trash

sparkle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:12 amThough she did raise an interesting point that I didnt think of; this makes them seem at a cross roads with their private lives on YouTube. If they do have a filming apartment and therefore clearly wish to keep their lives even more private than other people on YouTube then she thinks it indicates that they're having a serious think about how they proceed from here. I think her exact words were along the lines of 'they need to accept that their job comes with an invasion of privacy by virtue of sharing their space and if that makes them uncomfortable if they want to move to owned property they need to find a better solution than the one they currently have' and I agree with her. I think this situation is a trial for something more concrete, and I think they're dropping some boundaries but putting more up in other ways that actually protects them.
On the contrary, I think it shows an incredible amount of dedication to their content to pay double rent for the sake of keeping their main living residence more private. I’m not worried that they’re worried about their future at all. But I think they went into it with a plan and messed up a bit due to laziness, convenience and perhaps the WiFi problem in the gaming room flat. Or the peasant phlat as I like to call it lol.

I’m 200% sold on the 2 flat theory because having been flat-hunting in London myself for about 6 months and being an uber picky client, I know dat ain’t no single individual three storey flat haha.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Good morning fellow London dwellers and a happy 2018 to everyone on idb!
Seeing as I woke up to the two flats theory back on the table, I feel it's only right to add in my two cents:
Context - I am a nanny for a family in NW3 London. We live in a duplex of three floors in a building of four. the family occupies the top two floors while I have my own, separate living space on the lower floor - complete with my own kitchen and sitting room. The living spaces used to be two separate flats, and could still technically be considered such besides the locking entry door which was moved approximately ten feet down the hallway to encompass my front door as well. In order for me to get to the main living space, I have to walk up 30 extra steps which takes me a short minute. Let me tell you, the commute is dreadful :roll: ;)
I can easily imagine deppy having a similar living situation as myself, regardless if it is thought of as two flats or a singular apartment. (Is this where I add in the mic drop?)
Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Dip and Dot in the background? Is that their apartment?
Last edited by Lobster on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

thesadassassin wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:35 am maybe they bought two different apartments because they are planning on starting their own lives in 2019 after the tour but still want to be neighbours
They're not together for business lmao. They're best friends (and probably a lot more lbr) first and foremost so I doubt they'll just want to split like that or "want to be neighbours". I genuinely can't imagine either of them wanting to live apart after so long living together unless they break up or were never together anyway and want to move in with their partners.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Lobster wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:52 am
Dip and Dot in the background? Is that their apartment?
It kind of looks like them? But also not really? Maybe I'm just blind idk but I genuinely can't tell if that's them or not, maybe it's just the lighting but there's something off about them that makes me think it's not them :shrug: Who knows though, I am willing to be proved wrong!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

I don't see their faces in the profiles of either of the guys dancing next to Martyn, the first one that flashes into shot has a more prominent chin than Dan though the height and size of the head (ha) is about right. the other guy is def not Phil if you watch it a few times. his head shape at the back, face, nor his rapping the lyrics and bopping (though god i'd love to be proven wrong, if he's improved since between-segment bop Radio1 days).

as for their flat, who knows. they've said they enjoy listening to music pretty loud sometimes but i'm not sure i could imagine them playing it hosting many people (you can hear there are a fair few people in the room in the background), like that sort of party-party. stranger things have happened though!

i enjoy that clip just because it shows how different Phil and his brother are.
art in avatar by lily
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

[Slight off-topic]
Is anyone else also really really pissed off about Logan Paul? He and his brother have done a lot of asshole things in the past but his most recent video is hopefully finally getting him banned or at least give him a warning strike. (I haven't seen the vid but reading about it makes me mad enough)

A lot of YTers have tweeted about it (Jacksepticeye, PhillyDF, GameGrumps, PDP, you name them) and I kinda wished D&P would also say something? They can't talk reason into those bullies' heads but they can maybe convince a couple of kids of the Pauls' audience that watching them isn't a good thing. On the other hand, I understand why D&P generally stay out of YT controversies - if the Pauls wanna strike back, they would certainly go for a really low blow.
liola
rankussy

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 am [Slight off-topic]
Is anyone else also really really pissed off about Logan Paul? He and his brother have done a lot of asshole things in the past but his most recent video is hopefully finally getting him banned or at least give him a warning strike. (I haven't seen the vid but reading about it makes me mad enough)

A lot of YTers have tweeted about it (Jacksepticeye, PhillyDF, GameGrumps, PDP, you name them) and I kinda wished D&P would also say something? They can't talk reason into those bullies' heads but they can maybe convince a couple of kids of the Pauls' audience that watching them isn't a good thing. On the other hand, I understand why D&P generally stay out of YT controversies - if the Pauls wanna strike back, they would certainly go for a really low blow.
I ranted on Twitter about this just this morning. Honestly If YouTube keeps blocking lgbtq+ channels but not his there will be a riot. His apology message was anything but a real apology and I hope this is the lesson he needs. But most of his fans are defending Jim so I sadly don't think it'll happen.

Maybe If Dan does a liveshow today he'll talk about it, but I doubt he will :/ I wish they spoke about this though, especially since it concerns mental illness awareness.

Anyway, back on nye, I too thought the first guy in Martyn's story kinda resembled Dan. I think if they had a party then derpy and preppy might have been there, I don't think we've had any info about where they spent nye yet?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I spent the last month moving countries (again) and trying to see everyone for Christmas so I just caught up with Gamingmas and just the general daily drama. All I can say is Gamingmas was amazing, so was PINOF, and I'm looking forward to what deppy have in store in 2018. I didn't get tickets for the tour so I'm counting on y'all to post about it. :love2:

LtrllySusan:
LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 am[Slight off-topic]

I just googled this thinking "How bad can it be?" and now I'm literally sick to my stomach. I doubt deppy will say anything as they have nothing to do with this person but I hope Youtube takes action and bans him. No idea who he is but if he's as popular as he seems to be... yikes.
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 am [Slight off-topic]

Maybe Dan will reference it in a video? Like when he said a bit about white supremacy in America in his 'How white is Dan' video, or I think in one of the PINOFs where they mocked them with "its just a prank bro!". I'd personally like that more than a tweet and Dan's quite subtle with his revulsion towards people (like when he ripped cucklord Onision to shreds by saying something about YouTubers leaching off his and Phil's fame lmao).
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
howadorableright
sad dimple

Katka wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 pm
LtrllySusan:
LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 am[Slight off-topic]

I just googled this thinking "How bad can it be?" and now I'm literally sick to my stomach. I doubt deppy will say anything as they have nothing to do with this person but I hope Youtube takes action and bans him. No idea who he is but if he's as popular as he seems to be... yikes.
I've just found out that before the video was taken down, Youtube actually put this video on trending. Everything about this situation makes me sick.
back back back back again