Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

dontpanic wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 am So I notice that most of the new criteria for video demonetization won't touch huge creators like Dan and Phil, but there's one part that I'd like to hear your opinions on. I linked one of the articles below talking about a change specific to Google Preferred creators, mostly as a response to Logan Paul, is "every video submitted for Google Preferred ads must be watched by a moderator and manually approved as family-friendly content." Do y'all think this will change how Deppy approach making videos?

Here's a pretty good article on the subject since most other media sources are focusing more on the admittedly more alarming problems for smaller creators (I hate Polygon but their summation of all this is begrudgingly good) https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/16/16898 ... logan-paul

also :bigthumbsup: for Phil writing slightly less robotic tweets lately
I don't know how much of a big change it is. I have seen some creators mention, back in October/November last year, that they sometimes send in a video to youtube to make sure it gets approved for monetization. I think the difference now is that it's mandatory. What I am curious on is what constitutes "family-friendly." Like is one cuss word or crude joke immediately get you off the list? Also if a video isn't approved does that mean it can't even be posted? Youtube's issue has always been they never tell you the whole story. They will just demonetize a video w/out letting you know what rule it violated.
The Logan Paul thing happened because Youtube had a strong bias for him so now they are just trying to clean up the mess that came with it. But I fear that Youtube will go too far in trying to clear out "un-friendly" content that Youtube will eventually become quite bland.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

dontpanic wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 am So I notice that most of the new criteria for video demonetization won't touch huge creators like Dan and Phil, but there's one part that I'd like to hear your opinions on. I linked one of the articles below talking about a change specific to Google Preferred creators, mostly as a response to Logan Paul, is "every video submitted for Google Preferred ads must be watched by a moderator and manually approved as family-friendly content." Do y'all think this will change how Deppy approach making videos?

Here's a pretty good article on the subject since most other media sources are focusing more on the admittedly more alarming problems for smaller creators (I hate Polygon but their summation of all this is begrudgingly good) https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/16/16898 ... logan-paul

also :bigthumbsup: for Phil writing slightly less robotic tweets lately
i'm thinking that the only real change they would/could consider making is completely bleeping out swears. i guess that would also depend on how serious youtube would take swearing in certain contexts, and i think it would also depend on the channel. for example, i feel like dan's main channel videos are often known for his dark and dry humour, along with swearing for comedic and dramatic effect.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sooooooooooo.

Who else really wants a gaming video.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:03 pm Sooooooooooo.

I'm so hungry for any video content. I'll take anything. Are you listening deppy! ANYTHING BOYS!
DatCog
blobfish

Always! :D :D

Do you think we'll get a Phil live show tonight or a gaming vid? Personally I can wait another day for gaming if Phil does a show tonight...I really want to hear him talk about Christmas and hopefully mention Phandom Gives :thumb:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Do you think we'll get a Phil live show tonight or a gaming vid? Personally I can wait another day for gaming if Phil does a show tonight...I really want to hear him talk about Christmas and hopefully mention Phandom Gives :thumb:
I'm thinking maybe liveshow today and gaming video over the weekend? Though it sounded like they already had the gaming video filmed, didn't it? So I wonder why the delay.

(Which ties in to me wondering if the new rules for youtube preferred ad channels mean that we will have to wait longer between videos while they're manually approved?)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:26 pm

I'm so hungry for any video content. I'll take anything. Are you listening deppy! ANYTHING BOYS!
Be careful what you wish for! #Poptropica2

(TBH, I echo the sentiment. Desperation is slowly seeping in.)
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:07 pm
DatCog wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm thinking maybe liveshow today and gaming video over the weekend? Though it sounded like they already had the gaming video filmed, didn't it? So I wonder why the delay.

(Which ties in to me wondering if the new rules for youtube preferred ad channels mean that we will have to wait longer between videos while they're manually approved?)
omg we will get videos once a month at best if that is the case. :wahh:
liola
rankussy

Dan did say later this week so I assumed it would be Friday or, Saturday tbh but I'm ready to be proved wrong.

I so want a Phil liveshow though so I can wait for tomorrow if I get to see my man. :garbage: however if he's planning to leave us alone they better post that damn video
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

What time do Phil liveshows usually start ? (I thought it was 8pm UK time but now I'm not sure) Is it too late to get one now ? :(
greenergrass
stress mushroom

AroboticPhil wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:24 pm What time do Phil liveshows usually start ? (I thought it was 8pm UK time but now I'm not sure) Is it too late to get one now ? :(
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they always start at 3pm my time (so 8pm uk time) because I'm usually still at work when they start. I could be wrong though. I have a feeling there's no Phil liveshow today.

I'm kind of excited though, because as much as I would love a Phil liveshow, I have a feeling we might be getting a gaming video instead (I figured we'd get either phil liveshow or gaming vid today). I would definitely take a phil liveshow though, just please give us at least one or the other boys :pls:

I love that emoji thing purely because when I first started lurking on here, and then read back on every single thread, one of the things that stuck with me the most was the conversation about that emoji being 'sad but hectic wanking'. I don't know why I was so amused by that, but I never forgot that description. If whoever started that name is still on the forum today, kudos to you
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm so betrayed that Phil isn't doing a liveshow and didn't give us any warning. He's usually the one that's actually good about letting us know.
liola
rankussy

I so needed a Phil liveshow that I'm really sad there isn't one ;_; and he didn't even tell us. Phil I was counting on you to.give us what we want

Edit: never mind king Lester is always kind to us
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:43 pm I'm so betrayed that Phil isn't doing a liveshow and didn't give us any warning. He's usually the one that's actually good about letting us know.
I think Phil took Dan's announcement of 'no regular liveshows' as his own. They are basically one unit, after all. So therefore Phil found no reason to announce he wasn't doing a liveshow because Dan already announced that their liveshows wouldn't be at regular times this year.

Or Phil just forgot about it, but hey, have this theory anyway

Edit:
liola wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm Edit: never mind king Lester is always kind to us
Nevermind, my original theory of there being a gaming video tonight instead of the liveshow was actually right.
Last edited by greenergrass on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona

YESSS I'M SO HYPED I'LL EVEN TAKE DRAGON CITY
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:24 pm What time do Phil liveshows usually start ? (I thought it was 8pm UK time but now I'm not sure) Is it too late to get one now ? :(
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they always start at 3pm my time (so 8pm uk time) because I'm usually still at work when they start. I could be wrong though. I have a feeling there's no Phil liveshow today.

I'm kind of excited though, because as much as I would love a Phil liveshow, I have a feeling we might be getting a gaming video instead (I figured we'd get either phil liveshow or gaming vid today). I would definitely take a phil liveshow though, just please give us at least one or the other boys :pls:
I hope you're right, I really miss gaming videos too and we haven't had any fresh deppy interaction since the bloopers...

Maybe Phil is too busy becoming best pals with the Faberge people and trying to figure out how to break the news that he's quitting youtube to become a luxury jewelry CEO in LA :coffee:

ok nevermind he's just tweeted and made my whole post outdated right before I pressed submit.... Anyway, yay, gaming !
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

I just saw Phil changed his profile on twitter omg thank u lord <3
And also I'm well excited for this gaming video it feels like the light at the end of the tunnel

EDIT: He hinted at getting over it!!!! Yesss you all better get ready for screams of rage also warning headphone users!!!
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
dancy
procrastinator

Yay! I'm assuming they've played Getting Over It, since Dan did hint towards that in his live show, which means it's gonna be fun but probably not for those who dislike Dan's loudness. Still would've preferred a Phil live show today but this will satisfy my needs as well :)
Ewok
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm I so needed a Phil liveshow that I'm really sad there isn't one ;_; and he didn't even tell us. Phil I was counting on you to.give us what we want

Edit: never mind king Lester is always kind to us
Omg he heard everyone’s cries for content. He truly is a generous king. So kind. So giving. Idk about that other one, but Phil more than makes up for it. :love2:

All jokes aside, YAY.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
DatCog
blobfish

Awww I'm glad we're getting a gaming video but I hope it isn't too long before Phil does a live show. I fear it'll be too late for Christmas chat, present haul etc :(
malday
emo goose

Ablissa
pastel persona

It's 22 minutes. I'm so happy <3
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

So 2018 starts off well on the gaming channel with a boring af game, Dan screaming and Phil being rubbish at the game. Waaaaaah.

I got 7 mins in, got bored, switched off. Please please please can they do more fun platform games not these weird flash things. I hate complaining but I love the gaming channel so much, I just want another episode of crash bandicoot.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alien
procrastinator

I laughed so hard throughout that whole video. They seem good and well rested too which is always a plus and Dan's hair is adorably full and voluminous.

I've missed them. I'm so glad hiatus is over :love2:
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Never really thought I’d see Dan aggressively chewing on a slipper? But okaaaaay, sure. What a way to kick off DAPG in 2018.

:love2:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««