Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I loved it :D And such a creative idea as well! As someone who has played this game a lot, I can tell you that Phil has played this game a lot. What a fine selection of bows :shock:

I have to agree with Ewok though, I noticed at least 2 bigger editing mistakes too. Not that it really matters, but usually they seem more thorough.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

hah i'm so happy with how that ended!
hello9217
flower crown

I loved that video immensely but I also really love Breath of the Wild so I'm biased. The only thing that bothers me is what is the point of Dan v Phil? Like they can compete and whatever but why does the board exist? There's no real competition, like first to 20 wins gets something, you know. Especially if there can now be a tie.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Wasn't expexcting to get a video today, so that was a nice surprise. Thought it was a fun video with a pretty sweet ending. :D
fondsmiles
phabergé

fun video n stuff, editing mistakes, good jokes, phil thirsting over link's body - all good things.
but.
BUT. can we talk about phil's hair? are there some grey ones? am i tripping, or do you see this too?
I am intrigued and weirdly happy about this.
[x]
[x]
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Well that was unexpected!

One of the first things I noticed were the intense dark circles under Dan's eyes. I feel like he has that somewhat all the time (no tea no shade so do I) but they seemed extra dark today. I wonder if he's been more busy or just staying up too late playing Zelda? :lol:

Also can someone please explain to me why the way Dan was using the controller was weird? When Phil pointed it out and made him show the camera. (Sorry if its something super obvious, I'm not much of a gamer)
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

fondsmiles wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 pm BUT. can we talk about phil's hair? are there some grey ones? am i tripping, or do you see this too?
you're not tripping, I noticed this too!

Fun video :thumb: , I know nothing about the Zelda franchise but this game looked nice. Tbh I would have watched 20 minutes of them choosing outfits for Link.

ALSO- the amount of times Phil almost swore in this video lol. I should probably take a page out of his book and say "shine a light" instead of shit as I say it way too much.
:lion: :prideflag:
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Sorry, Dan vs Phil what? I was a bit distracted the entire time by the, what I counted, 19 bright white hairs peeking from Phil's shaved side - just another testament of time passing by that has me running nostalgic (not that there is anything wrong with whiteys, I'm 23 and already have a few).
Could 2018 see the rise of a ginger!Phil? Hmm, I don't think he'd want to lessen his grasp of his youth, but maybe transitioning to a dark chatagne? (remind me the word in English please? It's not walnut...)

edit: Looks like people already beat me to it!
Ewok
rainbow nerd

fondsmiles wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 pm fun video n stuff, editing mistakes, good jokes, phil thirsting over link's body - all good things.
but.
BUT. can we talk about phil's hair? are there some grey ones? am i tripping, or do you see this too?
Whoa. I’m so disappointed in my hairdresser self for not noticing but, definitely a bit of gray! The regrowth on his fade is also especially noticeable close-up like that. I spy some red brown coming in.

I pray for the day he embraces a more natural color. Maybe the gray will push him in that direction :pls:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

fondsmiles wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 pm fun video n stuff, editing mistakes, good jokes, phil thirsting over link's body - all good things.
but.
Haha this is the first thing I also noticed from the video! I loved seeing a few grey hairs (so weird I know), it was so cute every time he turned his head. Phil actually looked so handsome in this video but has he taken chapped lip advice from Dan as his lips were SO dry!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Is that white patch the one that Phil's always had? And if so, why is it suddenly visible now? I'm intrigued, I'm pleased.

Aside from that, pleasantly surprised by the video! It checked a lot of boxes for a satisfying watch - a game they loved, pleasant teasing. Dan did seem low energy but not in a bad way, I'm not gonna make any assumptions as to why. I do assume that tour stuff is going full steam ahead at this point.

Love Phil's almost nonstop commenting on Link's body - that bit about spreading butter on his thighs?? Like, okay Phil, you're weird but I'm still into it.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 pm This is ridiculous and hilarious and I am so here for it. I saw something a week or so ago that they are having a design contest, winner receives $500 so *that* is something the phandom could get in on. I forget if it’s been mentioned on here. Ah here it is, no link or info how to get involved though...
Very curious to see how whatever they are doing plays out.
Just catching up - wonder if they’ll ask Phil to judge the winner for this competition!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yeah seems like they rushed the editing or something, but it was an enjoyable video nonetheless. I laughed so hard at murderer!Phil popping up there. I'd watch him going on a massacre in a game tbh, he seemed excited about it.

Yay for silver fox daddy Phil btw. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 pm Is that white patch the one that Phil's always had? And if so, why is it suddenly visible now? I'm intrigued, I'm pleased.

Aside from that, pleasantly surprised by the video! It checked a lot of boxes for a satisfying watch - a game they loved, pleasant teasing. Dan did seem low energy but not in a bad way, I'm not gonna make any assumptions as to why. I do assume that tour stuff is going full steam ahead at this point.

Love Phil's almost nonstop commenting on Link's body - that bit about spreading butter on his thighs?? Like, okay Phil, you're weird but I'm still into it.
No the white patch is on the back of his head
47 seconds in on this video
I think the white hairs and Dan's darker circles probably just reflect that tour planning is in full swing. Dan did say last Tuesday that they would begin organizing more soon so that's probably what they have been up to. And yeah I love when Phil talks about male appreciation in any context :love2:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

missemma wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 pm This is ridiculous and hilarious and I am so here for it. I saw something a week or so ago that they are having a design contest, winner receives $500 so *that* is something the phandom could get in on. I forget if it’s been mentioned on here. Ah here it is, no link or info how to get involved though...
Very curious to see how whatever they are doing plays out.
Just catching up - wonder if they’ll ask Phil to judge the winner for this competition!
One thing that's frustrating me around this is...how do you enter this competition? Jeez, Faberge if you want to start a competition at least link to the rules and how to submit. Maybe they will announce this via Phil? (Or I missed something obvious)

Anyway, I loved this video. I felt like we learnt something about them (Phil goes on lots of murderous rampages in games RIP innocent Phil).

Question: With the change in their management but not really- do we think that Marianne still personally manages them? She is listed as Head of Talent on their website http://abovetf.com/

Also, interesting thoughts that I had recently. Dan and Phil and the ATF youtubers seem to have less day to day management help than the Gleamers. Do you think this is the case or just that ATF youtubers vlog less and are less likely to show their meetings?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
malday
emo goose

but.
That particular gray hair right there on that side was visible in other gaming videos too. I noticed it before.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ha I came to discuss dark circles, chapped lips, grey hairs, and editing fails- and everyone of course beat me to it, ha. I liked the video, pleasantly surprised we got one today? They're definitely wrapped up in tour planning now. Our hardworking boys. <3
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Did no one else notice Dan's sticker-half falls off at the end? I guess Phil is the true winner :lol: although he pushed it off so I'm thinking this was sabotage :?

All in all, I liked this video, it was a nice thing to come home to- maybe it's just me, but this seems like another video they're trying to keep short, even though Gamingmas is over? Like they chose to do mini-games instead of the actual game, and limited themselves to one try each. I'm not necessarily complaining, just something I noticed.

Also less related, but I'm fairly sure Phil is coming up with most if not all of these gaming challenge ideas, he's the one who always knows what comes next (not just in this video, but in "not-my-arms-mario" and the "chopstick challenge" just off the top of my head, I noticed it too), that's probably a bit of an unfair advantage in competition lol

I'm into all the little Phil changes- male appreciation with a scantily clad Link, darker humor, and plus just the cutest expression ever :love2: :garbage: :love2: :
I think some greys are cute so I'm already fond, plus if this leads to a more natural color I'm all in-not necessarily ginger but a dark brown, I think darker hair on him makes for a striking contrast.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:20 pm Hmm, I don't think he'd want to lessen his grasp of his youth, but maybe transitioning to a dark chatagne? (remind me the word in English please? It's not walnut...)
^ basically this (also I think a châtaigne is a chestnut in English?)
Last edited by whelpkeeper on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

LOVED the grey hairs! Werq the look, Phil. Give us those Clooney vibes!

Can we talk about this weird ass quote out of Dan's mouth, though:

"In the interest of friendship and celebrating what's right, we each get half. There we go. That's your birthday present. That's the only wholesomeness that you're getting from me this year. The only reason I did this was so that you can give me a pass when I FUCK UP NEXT!"

Wat. You repressing some guilt there, Daniel? JFC.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm I think some greys are cute so I'm already fond, plus if this leads to a more natural color I'm all in-not necessarily ginger but a dark brown, I think darker hair on him makes for a striking contrast.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:20 pm Hmm, I don't think he'd want to lessen his grasp of his youth, but maybe transitioning to a dark chatagne? (remind me the word in English please? It's not walnut...)
yeah, chestnut is a good descriptor for his hair colour, and is the english word for châtaigne. i generally describe phil's natural hair as auburn, which is a mix between red and brown, but chestnut implies it's more in the brown range, which is true.
rizzo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm Can we talk about this weird ass quote out of Dan's mouth, though:

"In the interest of friendship and celebrating what's right, we each get half. There we go. That's your birthday present. That's the only wholesomeness that you're getting from me this year. The only reason I did this was so that you can give me a pass when I FUCK UP NEXT!"

i wonder what he did to get himself in trouble, that sounds like a clear "you got mad at me for something and we've dealt with it but i'm still not over it" but that's probably just me projecting
thesadassassin
dank meme

i also noticed that phil mentioned growing beards quite a lot. i dont know what to make of it but it was interesting
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I thought it was a pretty good video, not my favourite ever but like a solid 7ish out of 10. It was overshadowed by the emergence of phabergé though, I could not stop laughing when I woke up this morning and saw that they've been in contact with Phil skjhfkdhfk, the collab we truly never saw coming :')

Phil is really going all in with the male attraction mentions and his nipple kink is thriving (contender for worst selection of words I've ever written potentially), and I am going to send them a package containing some pawpaw cream for their lips because they are both chapped af.
VengefulBlue wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 pm
rizzo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm Can we talk about this weird ass quote out of Dan's mouth, though:

i wonder what he did to get himself in trouble, that sounds like a clear "you got mad at me for something and we've dealt with it but i'm still not over it" but that's probably just me projecting
I think he was talking about fucking up in a game specifically, not fucking up in general. I took that quote to mean that he was being nice and suggesting all or nothing so that in a future gaming video in which Dan is losing Phil will feel compelled to go easy on him in return.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm I think some greys are cute so I'm already fond, plus if this leads to a more natural color I'm all in-not necessarily ginger but a dark brown, I think darker hair on him makes for a striking contrast.
yeah, chestnut is a good descriptor for his hair colour, and is the english word for châtaigne. i generally describe phil's natural hair as auburn, which is a mix between red and brown, but chestnut implies it's more in the brown range, which is true.

I’m literally just trying to put two and two together because I don’t think his comment was gaming related. Obviously he knows when people get annoyed when he doesn’t bring things up or he says stuff wrong. People won’t let me forget it. But what did strike me was last week after dans liveshow twitter went off saying dan was making sh jokes in his liveshow. And just like ALL Twitter drama people just jumped on it just like they did with Shane a few days before. I know people think they don’t see all this but they must do. It’s hard for them not to miss all the drama that happens in the phandom. It’s actually very embarrassing for us and for them.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

Secretstanner wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 am

I’m literally just trying to put two and two together because I don’t think his comment was gaming related. Obviously he knows when people get annoyed when he doesn’t bring things up or he says stuff wrong. People won’t let me forget it. But what did strike me was last week after dans liveshow twitter went off saying dan was making sh jokes in his liveshow. And just like ALL Twitter drama people just jumped on it just like they did with Shane a few days before. I know people think they don’t see all this but they must do. It’s hard for them not to miss all the drama that happens in the phandom. It’s actually very embarrassing for us and for them.
yeah, this is what i think he was actually referring to, i was mostly kidding with my other post - though if you read it as "you, the fans, got mad at me for something and we've dealt with it but i'm still not over it", it still makes sense. that was a weird little drama, and it's embarrassing that they probably saw it, and it's just more proof that dan can't say anything without someone taking it the wrong way. it's a bit frustrating
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

VengefulBlue wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 am
Secretstanner wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 am

yeah, this is what i think he was actually referring to, i was mostly kidding with my other post - though if you read it as "you, the fans, got mad at me for something and we've dealt with it but i'm still not over it", it still makes sense. that was a weird little drama, and it's embarrassing that they probably saw it, and it's just more proof that dan can't say anything without someone taking it the wrong way. it's a bit frustrating
I really just assumed he was leveraging it for leeway in a future gaming video? Or maybe it was something personal with Phil, but I didn't get the vibe that it was directed at the audience at all. (But I'm also unaware of any drama last week, so maybe that makes a difference.)