Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

I'll admit i rolled my eyes at the 'fans want less shouting thing' (dan is never going to not shout. he's an excited, energetic person. all shaming it does is make him overthink his reactions and perform more, which i think is what people are actually responding to - his overacting for fear of not being entertaining enough - but maybe don't know it? just a theory)

however the rest of the video was just...bliss. gave me heavy 2010 & 2011 gaming video vibes, with Phil being cheeky. did anyone else feel that?
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 pm :31 - Announcement moose! And the return of thinly veiled rimming jokes.
1:00 - Dan resolving to be quiet.
1:22 - GoFundMe for Phil's ears.
2:13 - Phil thinks pot guy is hench, has well proportioned nips.
6:35 - Dan gives Phil a beat.
6:52 - Phil can get it up as much as Dan. (Dan has a dirty mind.)
7:04 - Phil makes some sex noises. Dan: Do I need to stop filming and have a word with you?
10:18 - Phil cheering Dan on, because they're working together.
10:34 - Tom Daley, and also Phil's brain is weird.
10:47 - "I should sell this advice." #capitalester
11:08 - Phil ever so softly saying 'tease it' is uh. Something. That's something. Yep. That right there. Is Something.
11:38 - Phil saying "Like that, but better. Try harder." and then Dan laughing that actual genuine laugh.
12:07 - moosage.
13:40 - Science says the moose helps.
14:12 - "How the fork" I love TGP references.
14:40 - Phil telling Dan not to do something by saying, "I disapprove, as a parent-"
15:21 - Phil demands that Dan put the moose on his arm. Phil makes some satisfied noises... which Dan rejects.
16:08 - Phil shows off his skills! Dan chips the gaming moose.
16:35 - Dan just undoes all Phil's progress. Gamer Rage Filled Phil RISES.
19:11 - wtf is that voice phil is doing? lmfao the tiny little "pweeease. we're so close."
19:23 - And Dan is off the chair.
19:53 - Rowdy puppy Dan.
20:01 - Jumpcut in which, amongst whatever else, Dan fixes his hair.
20:26 - Phil's face as he's walking Dan walk away, and then ordering him back for the endscreen.
20:58 - Phil has no segue.
21:25 - Dan doesn't own a pair of Dil bunny slippers. Phil says: "Buy some." #capitalester
21:52 - Phil seems to lose the plot, which is kind of adorable.
10.54 ocean noises lollllll
12.02 dan does a squeak here that i enjoyed idk
12.40 phil sings simon and garfunkel, in a way i found slightly campy and purely delightful
13.25 phil sings No Doubt

and the tone of these just really made me laugh. especially the last one:
16.40 dan: "don't hit me with the moose!"
18.05 dan: "dingus."
18.05 phil: "yes lad"
18.40 dan: "be quiet...you beast."

dan being uncomfortable with phil's sex noises on camera will never not amuse me. i'm glad we have proof of that over the years now. the superstitious moosage is a thing i wouldn't mind seeing carried over. they really did do better when it was on them.

ps. those are some tanned ankles in your slippies, dan. where you been?
art in avatar by lily
Loafer
sofa crease

I watched their early sonic pre-gaming channel videos recently and noticed that their dynamic and humor were still very similar to what they are now, just like, beta version. The fact that they behaved in this way years ago definitely supports the idea that what we see on the channel isn’t too far away from how they play games together normally.

Dan’s alarmed reaction to Phil’s ~noise (compared to his reactions to the noises in the first hasuhati video) totally convinced me that it was a real certified Phil Lester sex noise and that’s the start to 2018 gaming whether we like it or not :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

mermaid blood wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pmhowever the rest of the video was just...bliss. gave me heavy 2010 & 2011 gaming video vibes, with Phil being cheeky. did anyone else feel that?
Omg, yes! I knew there was a specific example of Phil annoying Dan during games that this reminded me of - it's the Pokemon thing! Where Dan is trying to complete the level and Phil is just talking at him.
Loafer wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 pm I watched their early sonic pre-gaming channel videos recently and noticed that their dynamic and humor were still very similar to what they are now, just like, beta version. The fact that they behaved in this way years ago definitely supports the idea that what we see on the channel isn’t too far away from how they play games together normally.
I'll just go ahead and pop it in here in case anyone hasn't seen it/hasn't seen it recently. Their recent behavior in gaming videos really does just feel like a grown up version of this.

(emphasis on grown up, because some of the language they use makes me sigh and rub my temples. character growth is a good thing.)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

*late as always but I was kinda dying ok leave me alone*

DAPG sweetie I missed you <3

What a start to the year! Excellent quality banter, lots of touching thanks to the stupid moose, Phil genuinely displaying negative emotions, Dan trying to be quiet... My stan card has officially been renewed for 2018. :stan:

Dan launching himself off the chair and biting his slipper while aggresively shaking his head like a damn dog (ohhh furry theories) was super OTT but while he shouldn't make a habit out of it, honestly really funny. And considering the game he was playing, pretty reasonable? If Markiplier threw a chair (according to his thumbnail), Dan can bite into anything he wants imo.

Capita£ester telling Dan to buy his own merch when he said he didn't have a pair took home the comedy gold for the video though, his timing really took that one to another level.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sparkle
blobfish

thesadassassin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 am am i the only one that noticed that theyve been drinking a lot of diet coke lately?
I was thinking that - I remember a few years ago they drank coca cola life which I think was 1/3 sugar to 2/3 stevia. And wow I need a hobby if I remember the contents of their fridge circa 2014 :lol:

(but mainly because why the fuck would you pick diet coke over coke zero, even if i'm vain and admit some of my preference is down to me preferring a black label to a silver one... but still, I drink a lot of coke zero and im very loyal to it)

edit: OOOOH I'M NOW A MORNING QUIFF THIS IS VERY EXCITING
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I do want to know what the hell that gold hat Phil threw at Dan is from...is it a prop? Was it a gift? Did Dan buy it ironically?
Also, I need to get back in the habit of waiting for videos...we got one less than 24 hours ago and I'm already dying for more content. Although I am expecting a patented Phil Tweet™ about National Popcorn Day at any point here...
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
DatCog
blobfish

Dan has got his new iPhone!

Wow, is all I can say :happytears:
Last edited by DatCog on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grey
lady door

Liveshow
Gotta say, 2018 is really looking bleak for content. No regular live shows, a tour (thus probably greatly reduced video uploads), and apparently dan is now applying his “quality filter” to twitter and will be tweeting less too. :(
I have LOW STANDARDS and don’t care about his twitter being “high quality”, ok?!

I wonder if sometimes dan gets discouraged by the low standards his fans have (trash like me who would watch pretty much anything he puts out). I can imagine putting loads of effort into something he considers “high quality” just to have it get fewer views than dan and Phil pastel edits might be disheartening. I feel bad about that but I can’t help that I have low standards, sorry. It’s not that I wouldn’t appreciate “high quality” stuff but it feels like we’re probably just going to get nothing instead of low quality stuff.

DAPG
For some reason that wasn’t my favourite video either. I’m just a real negative Nancy today (sorry Nancy I don’t know why I’m dragging you into this). I thought the funniest part was Phil’s spon. Not sure what that says about me but yeah. (Eta: I’m still glad they posted something though).

That Dan selfie that was uploaded while I was writing so I’m commenting on that too: he’s always really good looking obviously but I feel like he’s looking extra great lately. It’s kinda a weird filter but still cute.
I'm having a stress.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

love the selfie, both boys are just radiant this year and im always here for that confidence! my first impression was how thin dan looks in that filter? not a negative just a thought, does the filter thin out your face??
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

sonicgreen wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 pm love the selfie, both boys are just radiant this year and im always here for that confidence! my first impression was how thin dan looks in that filter? not a negative just a thought, does the filter thin out your face??
First, I totally agree with you! And second, I think it might just be the angle? I have a pretty round face and I know when I turn my head to a certain degree my face looks a lot thinner and angular than when I'm facing forwards, so I'm thinking that's it, along with the lighting in the picture and the fact that he has a long neck.
Grey
lady door

(I’m going on another posting spree apparently). I recently watched two Netflix shows that Phil recommended (The Santa Clarita Diet and The Good Place) based on his recommendation. I’m so surprised by how goofy his taste in tv shows are. I don’t know why I’m surprised really but I am. WTF is The Santa Clarita Diet... it’s so stupid and goofy I’m in disbelief but I also kinda love it??? I really enjoyed The Good Place actually, but it has a similar goofy style to the Santa Clarita Diet. It’s probably old news but i thought that was interesting.

I wonder what Dan thinks of those shows. Somehow they don’t seem like his cup of tea but I could very well be wrong.
I'm having a stress.
hello9217
flower crown

Grey wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm (I’m going on another posting spree apparently). I recently watched two Netflix shows that Phil recommended (The Santa Clarita Diet and The Good Place) based on his recommendation. I’m so surprised by how goofy his taste in tv shows are. I don’t know why I’m surprised really but I am. WTF is The Santa Clarita Diet... it’s so stupid and goofy I’m in disbelief but I also kinda love it??? I really enjoyed The Good Place actually, but it has a similar goofy style to the Santa Clarita Diet. It’s probably old news but i thought that was interesting.

I wonder what Dan thinks of those shows. Somehow they don’t seem like his cup of tea but I could very well be wrong.
He mentioned in a ls at the beginning of last year that he saw Phil watching the Santa Clarita Diet and decided to start watching it with him and thought it was really funny. As for The Good Place, I don't recall him talking about it but I know he watches it because he has made two references to the show. I think it's pretty safe to assume that if one of them mentions something that they are watching then the other is watching it as well.
autumnhearth
senpai

Damn. That is a high quality camera. I’m pretty jealous.

And yes, he does look quite skinny. My husband asked if he had lost weight, while watching the gaming video last night. He definitely has, though the angle and filter probably come into play for how stark that selfie makes it look. I think that’s all I feel comfortable saying.

I forking love the Good Place and can see Dan enjoying it too. I somehow missed Phil’s Santa Clarita Diet rec, it doesn’t ring a bell, but I’ll check it out. Thanks Grey.
bantstrash
delia smith

sparkle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm
(but mainly because why the fuck would you pick diet coke over coke zero, even if i'm vain and admit some of my preference is down to me preferring a black label to a silver one... but still, I drink a lot of coke zero and im very loyal to it)
I have bad news for you: https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/heal ... a-10596264

I mean my preference goes pepsi max, diet coke, coke zero, diet pepsi. I just dont like the full sugar ones, they taste so thick. My issue with them is the ribena light they drink. It tastes vile! Full sugar ribena is the best.

I feel like I only ever post here when the ribena rage takes over :evil: ... oh well.
kalli
butt chair

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:40 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 pm love the selfie, both boys are just radiant this year and im always here for that confidence! my first impression was how thin dan looks in that filter? not a negative just a thought, does the filter thin out your face??
First, I totally agree with you! And second, I think it might just be the angle? I have a pretty round face and I know when I turn my head to a certain degree my face looks a lot thinner and angular than when I'm facing forwards, so I'm thinking that's it, along with the lighting in the picture and the fact that he has a long neck.
I have an iPhone X and I'm pretty sure the portrait mode filters are just lighting effects (with some blurring) and don't distort your face in any way. I agree that it's mainly the angle with a little help from the lighting created by the filter :ribena:
kavat
pastel persona

mermaid blood wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pm ps. those are some tanned ankles in your slippies, dan. where you been?
I noticed this too, he looked slightly tanned over all. Did they go on a secret holiday over new years? Is that why he couldn't figure out what to say when someone asked in the chat? :sherlock:

Also where's the Popcorn Day tweet Phil? :corn:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

that selfie dan posted is a blessing, how is one man so beautiful??
:transheart:
DatCog
blobfish

Is it wrong for me to desperately want a Phil selfie using the same filter, same pose...he would look incredible! <3
starwatersong
phabergé

Didn’t he mention that the antidepressants he was on before caused some weight fluctuations?

Maybe the lighter drinks were to mitigate that (and the lack of regular motion he was mentioning on the last live show).
alch
ar·tic·u·late

thanks apple you've sold me on the iphone x i want that camera damn

dapg (like a day and a half late whoops) was pretty good, I personally didn't think it was especially good or boring, though it was fun and I liked it. Maybe it's because I haven't seen anyone else play it.
autumnhearth
senpai

Cinema sushi sounds like such a bad idea (or rather like the quality couldn’t possibly be good). I’ve only been to a cinema that served dinner once and I wasn’t that impressed. Then again this was in a beach community in Florida. London probably has higher standards.

Uh yeah... nevermind, if this is the place, that’s swanky as heck.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/thelounge/
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:15 am Cinema sushi sounds like such a bad idea (or rather like the quality couldn’t possibly be good). I’ve only been to a cinema that served dinner once and I wasn’t that impressed. Then again this was in a beach community in Florida. London probably has higher standards.

Oh damn, that is swank.

I wonder what they saw?

And I wonder what Dan ate?

(I'm hungry, can you tell?)
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:48 am
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:15 am Cinema sushi sounds like such a bad idea (or rather like the quality couldn’t possibly be good). I’ve only been to a cinema that served dinner once and I wasn’t that impressed. Then again this was in a beach community in Florida. London probably has higher standards.

Oh damn, that is swank.

I wonder what they saw?

And I wonder what Dan ate?

(I'm hungry, can you tell?)
Phil did say what they saw! I too wonder what dan had, things like this are really gonna make me miss weekly live shows! :wahh:
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

confusedpanda wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:54 am Phil did say what they saw! I too wonder what dan had, things like this are really gonna make me miss weekly live shows! :wahh:
Oh, wow! I looked at his replies but I totally missed that one. Maybe I was too busy trying not to laugh at his "forbidden food" reply. Youtube Dad Stays Trendy.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

How does the new monetization rules of YouTube affects Dan and Phil. Does it work on their favour?