Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:56 pm So.. they're seeing Hamilton this week, then? :lol:

Also, anything relevant to D&P + Hamilton just makes me angry these days. There's something infuriating about 2 dudes knowing they're rich and privileged enough to be able to see it one day, that they won't listen to it at all beforehand. It really gets my goat.

The musical and its album were widely celebrated and talked about 2 full fucking years ago, but God forbid you spoil yourself of the show you'll eventually be able to attend. I don't even WANT your opinions on the music anymore, Dan.

Shut up, I'm not bitter.
This just made me snort because I, exactly like Phil, bought the ticket during the pre-sale a year ago and didn't listen to the soundtrack at all :mrgreen: i barely even knew the plot, I wanted to have a first time ever reaction while i was there, which made me appreciate the show even more!

Agree on no opinions from Dan though, but please Phil feel free to get them my way :mrgreen: All I wanna know is if he's gonna dance to The Reynold's Pamphlets like I've been doing non-stop.

Also for once i'm inclined to think they're actually going next week, for Phil's bday like we all imagined

EDIT: oh no what a pointless post on top of the page soz
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

It seems a bit odd that they would tweet about it in advance. Makes me think they're going this week as well. I'm actually going tomorrow, I'm going to die if I see them.

Alternatively it could be an experiment to see if anyone will try to stalk them?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
blackdenim
procrastinator

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:58 pm This is...weirdly specific information on their future whereabouts by Phil's standards. What do you think, have they actually seen it already and are just waiting to tweet about it? Obviously it's too late for anyone to get tickets to the show, but trying to meet them by the theate...
edit: rizzo beat me to it lol
There's 8(?) shows a week though and people will probably spot them there/they'll tweet or Insta it like they did with the Harry Potter play so I guess there's no point in hiding it. If people are dedicated enough to hang round the theatre all next week they'll meet them/see them in a public place in London but so will everyone else that's just randomly around on the same day. I don't think they're as secretive as we think they are about their whereabouts, but it's a lot more exciting to tweet 'I'm going to Hamilton next week' than 'I'm going to the hairdressers tomorrow' I guess.

PS I have been listening to Hamilton non-stop since summer 2016 and I think they did themselves a disservice by not listening to it first I'm sure I'll enjoy the show more when I go because I know all the in-jokes and best lyrics and stuff. And Dan won't be able to offer much opinion beyond 'yeah it was good, I liked the hip-hop influences' after just seeing it once in the theatre either so if he's going for his usual pretention when it comes to music he'll have to try a little harder.

They'll probably want to go again once they've seen it and realised how good the soundtrack is but then I suppose they can afford it.
vincentian
hobbit hair

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 am (Let's see if I get this posted before the forum logs me out again... What's going on?)

I am not one to interpret much into heart eyes howell and love eye lester gifs, but how has no one talked about that look Phil's giving Dan at 19:10 when he says "That's the sign of friendship, that's how 2018 is gonna work" *searches for eye contact* *fond smile* <3

I'll try and edit in a tumblr gif if I can work out the code.
Edit:
I find this particular Phil smile a combination of: Dan's being so wholesome I threw up in my mouth + I'm a sunshine Lester, must react + It's actually sweet so why not. Too much analysis, cute moment, though.

I found two new gaming videos of 2018 a bit messy, just like their hair at the moment. It's funny how quickly they lost their sharpness over holidays, and are still kind of getting back into work at the end of January. Yet the chemistry was there and I liked the relaxed mood, different to the one during gamingmas. Yay for regular content, hope they pick engaging games, fitting for them and DAPG audience.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I’m a bit late but I quite liked the new gaming video. It wasn’t like my favorite or anything but it was still cute and we got some good jokes in and stuff.
:transheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

liola wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 pm
rizzo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:56 pm So.. they're seeing Hamilton this week, then? :lol:

Also, anything relevant to D&P + Hamilton just makes me angry these days. There's something infuriating about 2 dudes knowing they're rich and privileged enough to be able to see it one day, that they won't listen to it at all beforehand. It really gets my goat.

The musical and its album were widely celebrated and talked about 2 full fucking years ago, but God forbid you spoil yourself of the show you'll eventually be able to attend. I don't even WANT your opinions on the music anymore, Dan.

Shut up, I'm not bitter.
This just made me snort because I, exactly like Phil, bought the ticket during the pre-sale a year ago and didn't listen to the soundtrack at all :mrgreen: i barely even knew the plot, I wanted to have a first time ever reaction while i was there, which made me appreciate the show even more!

Agree on no opinions from Dan though, but please Phil feel free to get them my way :mrgreen: All I wanna know is if he's gonna dance to The Reynold's Pamphlets like I've been doing non-stop.
I should note that I do actually want Dan's opinions because I'm the rare phan that enjoys his rambles on music. But I'm just frustrated because I wanted those opinions 2 years ago and I'm real tired of hearing about them waiting until they see it in person.

A lot of my frustration comes from those comments happening far before the London Hamilton was even announced. So, to me it sounded so spoiled to hear, ~Oh, we're not gonna listen to it and spoil ourselves, because we'll probs fly to NYC one day, smack down $1000 a pop and watch it in person. Donno when that'll be, but watch this space~

I do the same thing often. If I know I'll be able to see a musical, I'll wait it out and not listen to the cast album. This just seemed a bit much for me. But perhaps I was too far down the Hamilton rabbit hole.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Why are they on a bus I wonder? Seems like they wouldn't take it for public transport -- like at this point I'd assume they have a driver or at least take uber/taxis. Any theories, anyone?
rizzo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Shut up, I'm not bitter.

I should note that I do actually want Dan's opinions because I'm the rare phan that enjoys his rambles on music. But I'm just frustrated because I wanted those opinions 2 years ago and I'm real tired of hearing about them waiting until they see it in person.

A lot of my frustration comes from those comments happening far before the London Hamilton was even announced. So, to me it sounded so spoiled to hear, ~Oh, we're not gonna listen to it and spoil ourselves, because we'll probs fly to NYC one day, smack down $1000 a pop and watch it in person. Donno when that'll be, but watch this space~

I do the same thing often. If I know I'll be able to see a musical, I'll wait it out and not listen to the cast album. This just seemed a bit much for me. But perhaps I was too far down the Hamilton rabbit hole.
I agree I'd also like to hear Dan's (and Phil's) opinions after they see it. I love hearing about music from Dan, I think he has pretty good taste and have actually discovered music I now love from him talking about it (mainly perfume genius). I doubt he'll go too in depth though, because of his commitment to being anti-spoiler.

Also, I know the NYC show is super expensive, but is the London one? I'm going to the touring show in America this summer -- I got my ticket as a Christmas present from my parents, so I'm not sure how much it cost. But my family is by no means rich, so I'd imagine it wasn't crazy expensive. Maybe since they bought the tickets in advance and its not the actual Broadway one it's not as bad? Not that they couldn't afford it either way :shrug:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
hello9217
flower crown

KatjaZoe wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 pm Why are they on a bus I wonder? Seems like they wouldn't take it for public transport -- like at this point I'd assume they have a driver or at least take uber/taxis. Any theories, anyone?
Here's a photo of dnp on the bus taken a year ago Pretty sure they just take the most convenient public transport and in London a taxi/uber is not always the best option.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:12 pm
KatjaZoe wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 pm
Why are they on a bus I wonder? Seems like they wouldn't take it for public transport -- like at this point I'd assume they have a driver or at least take uber/taxis. Any theories, anyone?
Here's a photo of dnp on the bus taken a year ago Pretty sure they just take the most convenient public transport and in London a taxi/uber is not always the best option.
I stand corrected! Phil looks 1000% done with life in that pic, how funny :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

KatjaZoe wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:00 pm Why are they on a bus I wonder? Seems like they wouldn't take it for public transport -- like at this point I'd assume they have a driver or at least take uber/taxis. Any theories, anyone?
Deppy take public transport all the time. They take a lot of taxis and Ubers too (probably more than they used to) but they definitely use public transport a lot. No reason not to, it's probably the fastest way to get around depending on where you need to go and cheaper too. The risk of fans spotting them is really not as big as people think it is either, especially now that they've moved and their closest tube station isn't known to half the phandom anymore.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lilabet
philussy

It's totally not weird to me that he was on the bus. Unless someone is REALLY famous like David Beckham or Adele most London celebs take public transport at least occasionally. Olly Alexander (Years & Years) always posts pictures of himself on the bus/tube and he is probably more well known to the general public. It's also not weird for short journeys such as a to a local store, or to their local tube. Maybe their new flat is further walking distance from their local station?

The tickets that I got in the presale for Hamilton were £37.50 per person. Not the best seats as we are in the Grand Circle Row D but they are in line with other tickets for shows if not cheaper.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
liola
rankussy

Shut up, I'm not bitter.

I agree I'd also like to hear Dan's (and Phil's) opinions after they see it. I love hearing about music from Dan, I think he has pretty good taste and have actually discovered music I now love from him talking about it (mainly perfume genius). I doubt he'll go too in depth though, because of his commitment to being anti-spoiler.

Also, I know the NYC show is super expensive, but is the London one? I'm going to the touring show in America this summer -- I got my ticket as a Christmas present from my parents, so I'm not sure how much it cost. But my family is by no means rich, so I'd imagine it wasn't crazy expensive. Maybe since they bought the tickets in advance and its not the actual Broadway one it's not as bad? Not that they couldn't afford it either way :shrug:
@rizzo now I get what you mean and yeah I understand, it sounds a bit braggy. But eh it's not something that bothers me too much I guess :shrug:

And @KatjaZoe my ticket was around 90£, third row, Saturday matinee. I think it was the second most expensive? I can't quite remember, it's been way too long since I paid for it lol there are cheaper tickets but also way more expensive seats on royal circle I guess but tbh I'm not sure how much it's worth it. I was very very happy with mine
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Catallena wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 pm
Deppy take public transport all the time. They take a lot of taxis and Ubers too (probably more than they used to) but they definitely use public transport a lot. No reason not to, it's probably the fastest way to get around depending on where you need to go and cheaper too. The risk of fans spotting them is really not as big as people think it is either, especially now that they've moved and their closest tube station isn't known to half the phandom anymore.
I snorted a bit at the idea of them having a driver sorry. Honestly in central London a lot of the time it's easier, cheaper, and more convenient to take public transportation. Heck I've seen Boris Johnson riding his bike in [area removed] like three times :shrug: I'm actually a bit surprised I haven't stumbled across Dan or Phil yet with my knack of seeing celebrities here - I've spotted Tom Hiddleston and Emma Thompson, and Laura Carmichael was in my yoga class a couple weeks ago!
Last edited by missemma on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Area removed from post
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Shut up, I'm not bitter.

Lol do most people not want to hear Dan's music waffles? I had no idea but I genuinely really like them, as while Dan often comes off as quite pretentious when talking about music, I love seeing him talk passionately about stuff.

Anyway it frustrates me too. Espcially the whole 'spoilers thing makes me go even more insane because it's history? Granted, it's American, but idk I guess overall it also really annoys me that they have the mindset that they know they'll see it.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Since it's confirmed the tickets were a birthday present, I'm seriously considering which show they'll be going to and inclined to believe it will indeed be next week. I'm really worried about people stalking them though, as there is one show that seems to be the most obvious. I hope that the fans don't ruin it for them :(

Also, I love the thought of them having a driver :rofl: They're not Madonna-level famous just yet, I don't think they have one. Gotta get that Faberge spon first.
lilabet
philussy

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Shut up, I'm not bitter.

Lol do most people not want to hear Dan's music waffles? I had no idea but I genuinely really like them, as while Dan often comes off as quite pretentious when talking about music, I love seeing him talk passionately about stuff.

Anyway it frustrates me too. Espcially the whole 'spoilers thing makes me go even more insane because it's history? Granted, it's American, but idk I guess overall it also really annoys me that they have the mindset that they know they'll see it.
In this case, I'm pretty sure the cast album didn't come out until there were already rumours (if not the confirmation) that there was going to be a London show. I've done the same thing in that I've seen clips online but I have not listened to the album and full songs and that's because I knew there would be a London show and I got my tickets a year ago. I want to go in and experience the show as a new experience. Also, I know I benefit from being in London but if I love it then I will go back having heard the album and see it again from the cheap seats. The show has sold out a few months in advance but they have about 4 ways to get tickets nearer the dates.

Was it confirmed as a birthday present or is it just a coincidance?
Phandom Gives
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:49 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Shut up, I'm not bitter.

In this case, I'm pretty sure the cast album didn't come out until there were already rumours (if not the confirmation) that there was going to be a London show. I've done the same thing in that I've seen clips online but I have not listened to the album and full songs and that's because I knew there would be a London show and I got my tickets a year ago. I want to go in and experience the show as a new experience. Also, I know I benefit from being in London but if I love it then I will go back having heard the album and see it again from the cheap seats. The show has sold out a few months in advance but they have about 4 ways to get tickets nearer the dates.

Was it confirmed as a birthday present or is it just a coincidance?
Yeah I definitely get that, as I did the same thing when I knew I was going to see Kinky Boots, but I may have been projecting my jealousy a bit too much (I'm a bit too deep down the Hamilton hole lol)

As for a confirmation, in Dan's liveshow in the gaming room last year he said he was going to see it "with some peeps" and I believe Phil mentioned it around his birthday last year in a liveshow but I don't recall him saying that it was a gift? I could be wrong
annabanana
sofa crease

I can usually understand their no spoiler rule, but in this case I am just sad for them that they have wasted 2+ years of their life that they could have been enjoying the Hamilton soundtrack! Truly a tragedy :wahh: :lol:

Also I often times fine musicals more enjoyable when I listen to the soundtrack first just because its so much easier to hear the words and follow along with the story. Especially the ones that are virtually complete sung through like Hamilton or Les Mis.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
autumnhearth
senpai

Sounds like a confirmation to me.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:33 pm Sounds like a confirmation to me.
And this is why you fact-check everywhere before going off :facepalm2:

Thanks for pointing it out so now we know :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

At some point, Phil said he's going with his family, right? Or did I make that up entirely and just assume that Phil's family will be in London for his birthday, if Phil isn't going back to IoM for it?
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:53 am At some point, Phil said he's going with his family, right? Or did I make that up entirely and just assume that Phil's family will be in London for his birthday, if Phil isn't going back to IoM for it?
That rings a bell for me too (or at least that they said they're going with other people as well), but it's also highly possible that I made that up in my daydreams lmao. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan got tickets for the Lesters as well, given that they often go see shows all together (e.g. Book of Mormon, the Motown Musical which I presume has an actual name, Wicked, potentially some others idk). And given that it doesn't look like they're going to the IoM this year (since they'll have to be in London to see Hamilton) I imagine Phil would still like to celebrate with his family, so it would make sense to have them come to him in London instead.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

im late to the topic of the new DAPG vid, and im probably reaching my phanboy heart too far, but at the end of the video dan said "we're actually just gonna go back upstairs and just sit in a cave and play the game for 40 hours"
and I can't stop thinking about them going upstairs to their Dan's room which he calls his "dank CAVE" nd just play it together. how cute.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:53 am At some point, Phil said he's going with his family, right? Or did I make that up entirely and just assume that Phil's family will be in London for his birthday, if Phil isn't going back to IoM for it?
So he's only mentioned it twice in live shows semi-recently (thanks for the timestamps page to be able to find this). So in the 'New Mandella Effect' ls he said "I might go see it for my birthday. Around that time. I'm very excited to go see it" and in the 'Festive Lester' ls he said "I'm seeing Hamilton next year. Super hyped." So I don't think he mentioned seeing it with his family. All Dan said was "I'm seeing Hamilton next year with some peeps" and just other casual mentions of not listening to the soundtrack until he sees it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

captainspacecoat wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 am
That rings a bell for me too (or at least that they said they're going with other people as well), but it's also highly possible that I made that up in my daydreams lmao. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan got tickets for the Lesters as well, given that they often go see shows all together (e.g. Book of Mormon, the Motown Musical which I presume has an actual name, Wicked, potentially some others idk). And given that it doesn't look like they're going to the IoM this year (since they'll have to be in London to see Hamilton) I imagine Phil would still like to celebrate with his family, so it would make sense to have them come to him in London instead.
hello9217 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:14 am
So he's only mentioned it twice in live shows semi-recently (thanks for the timestamps page to be able to find this). So in the 'New Mandella Effect' ls he said "I might go see it for my birthday. Around that time. I'm very excited to go see it" and in the 'Festive Lester' ls he said "I'm seeing Hamilton next year. Super hyped." So I don't think he mentioned seeing it with his family. All Dan said was "I'm seeing Hamilton next year with some peeps" and just other casual mentions of not listening to the soundtrack until he sees it.

Yeah... I think I may have just convinced myself it must be with his family, because of the timing and history of Dan seeing shows with the Lesters. I mean, I'm still gonna put my money on that. If it's not Phil's family then it'll be wirrony, though Dan definitely said they got tickets to see it twice. I wonder if one of those will be a solo date?