Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Something about the way he worded it made me think he edited Phils video. They really are shared channels aren’t they?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I thought he started out okay but he was making me majorly stressed by the end of the liveshow.
He talked a lot but didn’t say anything important imo and he kept changing the subject and I guess he was waffling but he seemed distracted.

I am going to hold him to what he said about a chill 2018. So far he’s not doing great but it’s still early in the year

And count me in as someone who thought it was obvious that he didn’t want to talk about Phil. No mention of iom, no gift talk, forgot what he did nye, talked about Hamilton plans for .2 seconds- he was dodging topics left and right
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

AroboticPhil wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:41 pm
missemma wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 pm Yes! Can see why people thought that as he was SO fidgety but I loved it so much. I love opinionated and passionate Dan. I love his liveshows when he’s like this and talks in depth about things and doesn’t concentrate on the stupid questions. I live for this Dan so much and if he does liveshows less often and is more like this then I can definitely deal with that.
This shows that "good" or "bad" liveshows are really just a question of perspective because I feel the exact opposite haha
It sucks but this kind of ls makes me very stressed out. He talks so fast and non stop for so many minutes straight, about one thing and then something completely and unrelated and goes back and forth and personally it's the kind of situation that's the opposite of calming to me so I get out with a headache and in a weird mood :(
I do like hearing about his opinions and introspective thoughts tho and he shared so much, it was at least a really interesting liveshow!
Yeah it's all about your own perspective. I personally hate when people don't complete their thoughts and dan was doing that a lot in this ls. He would just start something I was interested in hearing about and right before he got into it he just moved on to another topic. I like that things he talked about he seemed so passionate about but it also puts me in an off mood when there's so much rambling but nothing felt complete.
mm_sunny1993
spork

fondsmiles wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:38 pm that was the BEST liveshow i have ever watched. god. he was so open and honest and passionate, i almost couldn't believe it. how much he shared!! about his personal struggles! about his anxieties, his feelings, about self-care and relaxation and therapy and how he feels about the meme video and reflection and the next year... has he always been like this? have i just missed him? i don't know, but it was bloody fantastic and my heart grew SO big and i smiled and grinned the ENTIRE hour.
This! That is exactly what I had on my mind when I came here to post.
I really loved this lifeshow. I feel like for me it was one of the best and most enjoyable and entertaining lifeshows since a few months. I definitely enjoyed it a lot even his star wars and music rant even though i don't like either.
He just seemed to be in a really good mood and he was really giddy. I feel like he was more open about his opinions this time and i agree with most of them so it was easy to watch for me.
I like that he mentioned his therapist so casually and i hope this wasn't a one-off matter.
I don't really care that he kind of jumps between different topics. I know for some people that's really annoying and i definitely can understand why. But it's the way i think and talk/ tell stories as well so i can work with that and it makes me feel at ease because it just doesn't feel scripted like a normal video.

Overall i think it was a really good lifeshow and i will rewatch it. :D
autumnhearth
senpai

That was much Dan. Much much Dan. I missed him, but I also forgot what all I was missing. He was very open about his process, and that was interesting if exhausting empatheticly. Damn I don’t think I could have waded through other people’s reactions to moments from my last year for a whole week. Nor would I be able to deal with the pressure to always be interesting on social media. I’m not a workaholic, but I am a procrastinator and a perfectionist to the point that it paralyzes me from acting. I do really love that he is goal oriented in understanding and improving himself, his relationships and how he wants to affect the world. Honestly you go Dan, you big, caring, complicated nerd!

Since people are talking about their visceral reactions, personally it was a tad overwhelming for me at times and I had to close my eyes, shake my head and smile, but I wouldn’t ever want him to hold back for my sake. I also rewatched his last video this morning, enjoyed it a lot more after having read here.
Loafer
sofa crease

Ahhhh pretty sure I watched that whole thing with a grin. I liked that it seemed like he wasn't filtering himself, he just went on his passionate rambles and just came across as totally engaged and enthusiastic about whatever he was talking about and it was so nice. He seemed to be in a really good mood. While he did veer off topic a lot, I thought it wasn't as frequent or distracting as it usually is.

Some things I noted:

Switched immediately to "we" and "our" when he was talking about the bloopers Phil posted - "we found" "our computer" "our bloopers" "we edited". Safe to assume at this point that all of their youtube stuff is collaborative, as we all thought.

Always nice to have a positive family mention.

Good to know they seem to know about as much as we do about the tour. :lol:

On a professional to personal scale, I noticed this liveshow skewed heavily professional. He hardly seemed to mention anything that wasn't professional or something he talks about at least once in a while. The only thing that stood out to me as personal was the therapist mention/"mental" discussion. But overall he stuck to professional topics. Which isn't bad obviously! the live show was really good, and he should keep whatever he wants to himself, but it made what he didn't mention or elaborate on stand out to me was something more personal, if that makes sense. Trip to visit Phil's family, christmas gifts & NYE come to mind. No way to tell if it was on purpose or just what he felt like sharing today, but since this year they will both have a lot more professionally to talk about with the tour and all, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of domestic anecdotes gets reduced
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I only caught the second half of this live show but I loved it so much- I don't know why but I kind of wlike the fidgeting, kinesthetic live shows? lol I find movement soothing rather than anxiety inducing.

If I didn't have so much work to do I'd be watching the first half right now, I forgot how much I love Dan's waffling :love2: and I relate so hard with the procrastination (kinda doing it now oops :roll: ) only complaint is unfinished thoughts and getting distracted by the chat, but I'll take the good with the bad. Other than that, it was a nice surprise liveshow, I wasn't expecting anything today.

Ooohhh, and I'm über-excited for a gaming video, but if it's Getting Over It, I already know I'm gonna be frustrated.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Ugh yes THIS is what I've been missing! For me, Dan's livestreams are my favorite content and this ls was undoubtedly my favorite he has ever done. Just, what a great start to the year - positive, introspective, optimistic with such great advice with dealing with insecurities and practicing self-care. Thank you Daniel <3
I see myself reflected so much in Dan; I share a lot of his struggles with depression, anxiety, agoraphobia, etc. so it makes me so happy and proud to watch him casually bring up things like therapy and his own struggles.
Listening to livestreams like tonight gives me such warm and fuzzy feels while lowering my anxious thoughts and giving me positive goals to work towards - it honestly feels the same as the high I get right after leaving therapy sessions and I can ride this positivity for a week at least.
I'm also looking forward to whatever plans he has going forward with advocacy and his charities. :hearts: Sounds like he has things planned and how cool is that that he went to Kensington?! I feel like a proud parent. I'm definitely excited to see what this year brings for him, Phil, the Phandom (shoutout to the birthday drives everyone), me, and just in general. I see so much potential for 2018 and social media changing to be a positive impact in the world - Let's keep up the optimism starting this new year!
annabanana
sofa crease

I'm so happy to finally have liveshows back! While I am someone who literally couldn't care less about new years resolutions or major life goal setting, Dan being so engaging and talking openly about his thought processes was so enjoyable to me. I find it interesting that he wants 2018 to be a "chill year" when I'm sure the tour is going to be crazy hectic...but maybe going into it with a chilled mindset will help keep him grounded.
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Ugh, I loved this liveshow so much. It didn't feel like he was ticking boxes off a list - I much prefer when he's waffling on like this. He was very open and shared a lot with us, I love feeling like I'm getting a glimpse into his actual life? Like, the bit where he told us he went to meetings etc. I really love that. I much prefer it to 'I'm such a homebodylosernerd that never leaves the dank cave that is my house' - I mean, yeah, true, but idk, I just like hearing about that extra layer of human? Something about him going about his day to day shit makes my heart happy for some reason? Idk, I can't articulate why I like that right now, but I really do haha

Some more random thoughts, all over the place just like Dan in this ls:

Yes please to the single gold earring? I would legitimately cry. He would look so good. :happytears:

I love this waffly, passionate attitude but also what the heck is up with the shifty eyes and looking all around the room? No wonder someone asked him if he was drunk.

I'm amazed that he even talked about the entire Paul brothers situation at all, and loved everything he had to say about the entire situation - especially "I've never even seen 'It's Everyday Bro', because why WOULD I?" My fucking sentiments, exactly! I'm glad he gave us his 'hot take' (lmao) on it, summed it up nicely with basically 'he's an idiot.' I was surprised he even mentioned YT as being 'slow to respond' to the situation - I think that's the most negative thing I've ever heard him say about YT?

Anytime he mentions loving the prequels as much as he does, my cursor immediately hovers over the unsubscribe button.

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I've... missed his screeching in gaming videos. Hopefully those two playing Getting Over It will be reminiscent of Impossible Quiz ;)

I think my fav moment of this entire ls was definitely his counterpoint to people demanding more expositon from a Black Mirror episode: "You can subtly tell a story through action and just assuming that people can fill in the blanks on what's happening." Hmm. How interesting.

On that note - 'not getting on a train for any of you shits' re: NYE with his friends - unlessssss it's Phil inviting him somewhere, then ofc he'll sneak off on a plane to IOM. Lmao. That speaks volumes, to me. :love2:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I'm sorry that i'm changing the topic, but i just snorted with Fabergé's tweet @ing at Phil. And his reaction to that.

(I'm on my phone, sorry i can't show you the tweet)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Dan always strives to be relatable, but I feel I've rarely related to him more than I did during this ls. I loved how open he was, I just sat here with a grin on my face, listening to him and mentally nodding at most things he said.

I loved that he shared what his therapist called him - a procrastinating workaholic - because I completely believe that he truly is exactly that. He'll drive himself up the wall delaying something so that it can be perfect, and then throw himself into making it so that again, it can be perfect in his self-critical eyes.

I didn't LOVE the meme video, although I liked it well enough, but this ls just made me respect it and respect him so much more. He puts his heart and soul into most of these things, I truly appreciate it. I'm just full of love for Dan right now.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

kindofatrashcan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 pm I'm sorry that i'm changing the topic, but i just snorted with Fabergé's tweet @ing at Phil. And his reaction to that.

hello9217
flower crown

sonicgreen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:34 pm
kindofatrashcan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 pm I'm sorry that i'm changing the topic, but i just snorted with Fabergé's tweet @ing at Phil. And his reaction to that.

I get why they would do it since most of their tweets get 10 likes and the one where they mentioned Phil got 10k likes but if their trying to sell a $500 "back egg" then you're looking at the wrong audience. The tweet did make me laugh quite a bit though and also Phil's replies to people 10/10
Philena
blobfish

hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 pm

I get why they would do it since most of their tweets get 10 likes and the one where they mentioned Phil got 10k likes but if their trying to sell a $500 "back egg" then you're looking at the wrong audience. The tweet did make me laugh quite a bit though and also Phil's replies to people 10/10
I completely agree with you. Their social media person knows what they are doing. :rofl: It does remind me a bit of Phil calling Ear Tints as a thing a couple years ago. Let's see if this has any impact on Fabergé sells.

And, ngl, this is infinitely more interesting to me than Dan's ls discussion :ribena: Sorry Dan :oops:
starwatersong
phabergé

Well, Fabergé gets usually somewhere from 10-20 likes from their tweets and their tweet to Phil got 10 000 — so makes sense they would tweet him.

Doesn’t stop me from finding it funny as heck, though!

I also missed the more domestic mentions in Dan’s live show, but it was nice to see him either way looking and sounding positive.

Edit: Seems like hello9217 and I had the same idea!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 pm

$500? :lol: That particular back egg is $47,000.

I'd really love to see them get one for promotional purposes though. It would be like watching Project Runway. What kind of #spon can they come up with, with this completely irrelevant item?
blackdenim
procrastinator

omg whoever does social media at `Fabergé doesn't understand that the concept of a brand-appropriate influencer or that likes don't automatically translate to sales but I don't care I am LIVING. We're one step closer to my dream of them sending him a back-egg to wear for a week.

Edit: guys imagine if he lost it or broke it. It would be the most Phil thing possible to lose or break a $50k bejewelled egg (and yes a total waste of money and I hope it doesn't actually happen but let me live in my fantasy world for 5 minutes)
Philena
blobfish

I mean, it did say $500 for the best back egg design, and there are some incredibly talented artists in the phandom. Was that their aim? :rofl:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Love the liveshow. It was exactly what I want from Dan's liveshows. I was engaged the whole time, minus the Star Wars or Star Trek (genuinely can't remember which one it is) discussion. There were so many things I liked about it, but the main one was how open and genuine he was talking about his mental health and work to improve himself in general. I like how he's now able to casually drop references of his therapist into conversation (like "my therapist thinks this" etc) and talk openly about how he's trying to better himself. I just started seeing a therapist about a month ago for anxiety and a couple other things, and it's nice to hear him talk about that. I relate to Dan in so many ways (I'm such a procrastinator/perfectionist/overthinker) and I find it comforting to hear how he set out to better himself last year, and didn't completely accomplish everything. Not that I want him to fail, and I'm proud of him for everything he's accomplished, but it's nice to hear about his journey and imperfections, and relate to those.

There were so many other things I enjoyed about the liveshow, but I can't think of everything right now. I'll just wait for our trusty timestamp peeps to bless us with the recap.
dontpanic
#relatable

Crunchyroll sponsored TATINOF... Interactive Introverts will now be sponsored by Fabergé. You heard it here first.

Loved the lifeshow. Dan reminded me of how I act when I don't take my vyvanse
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

omg I did not realize it was $500 for the person who designs the best back egg, I thought that was its price, reading the tweet again I can see that the wording makes it be kinda confusing for someone who reads it quickly.
Seeing the replies I bet that I lot of people didn't notice it was a contest either :lol:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Ugh, no matter what Dan always, without fail, always brings a smile to my face; it's like a reflex.

It's so endearing to me to watch him try to stay on topic and completely fail as he goes in a million tangents.

His talk on procrastination hit a little too close to home to my liking so I should probably go back to my stuff after typing this thing.

I relate So Much with his talk of Instagram. I don't go outside very often and never have anything interesting to post. Also I'm kind of self conscious in my appearance but Dan can't relate there.

He looked so damn good, his hair was fenomenal, his smile was blinding <3

Yes to everything he said about music. Please check out Rosalia she is absolutely godly her voice is magical (and speaks in my mother tongue, that's always a plus, thanks Dan for appreciating).

I'm really indifferent to the whole Stars Wars and TV shows talk tbh, sorry.

Oh do I appreciate him when he gets all introspective. He also seemed way more real here than before, maybe it's the impression I was left with.

In conclusion: I'm not ready for the lack of schedule in liveshows right now, not at all. I'm so happy for their tour and for everyone who is going to see them but the selfish in me just wants more liveshows :(
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Secretstanner
truth bomb

So I skim read through everyone’s replies because I’m on break and don’t have the time. I really loved listening to the liveshow and I thought he was in a great mood. Few points I wanna make.

1.His simple comments about his therapist shocked me a little not because I didn’t expect it but he said it so care free and openly. It made me think him not talking about it is a lot harder than him being open about it. There must of been so many times he just wanted to make a comment and couldn’t. It made me happy and I’m looking forward to him being able to talk to casually about it with us.

2. Dan not talking about phil. This is Dans liveshow I’m here to hear dan talk about himself and interests. When I watch phils liveshows I’m there to hear about phil. I didn’t see dan trying to purposely dance around phil as a subject. Why is it a concern when dan doesn’t mention phil every few minutes? It wasn’t like he had nothing to talk about. Iv not seen anyone bring it up except on here. All Iv seen is people enjoyed his liveshow.... maybe it’s because I could care what their relationship is I don’t get worried about these things idk. Sometimes I think things get read into far to much. Personally I didn’t get a weird vibe from him not saying phils name over and over. I thought it was a good liveshow and I love hearing him rant. I’m not looking foward to the liveshows being cut back, but I would much rather him do them when he wants rather than him feel like he needs to. This is like a sort of therapy where he can just get out thoughts and feelings. I’m glad he seems optimistic about this year.

Sorry if spelling mistakes I can’t proof read. Breaks over
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I enjoyed the liveshow, although I did find it a bit overwhelming in that Dan was talking a mile a minute (is that a saying? idk) and it was just A Lot. Like others, I really liked how open and casual he was whilst talking about therapy, and his speech about perfectionism really spoke to me - I am exactly the same way, and it's very stressful. I loved how introspective he was, and how he seemed genuinely keen to talk through some of the issues his audience were experiencing, relate them back to himself and give some advice on how to cope with them.

There was a noticeable lack of domestic antics, but having watched the liveshow I think he was just going with the flow and speaking organically, and it just so happened that he got distracted a lot and went on heaps of tangents. I think he probably wanted to keep conversation mostly professional and themed around 'new year new me', and as such stories about what he's been getting up to personally mainly got left by the wayside.

I also noticed that whenever he did bring up Phil he'd get sidetracked by the whole 'Phil and I' thing, and then would change the topic (e.g. when someone asked about Hamilton). I wish he would ignore people joking about 'Phil and I vs me and Phil', it genuinely frustrates me when he's so hung up about it that it prevents him from telling a particular story. Do people actually comment that much about it? I don't watch them live so I have no idea, but it's one thing that annoys the shit out of me tbh.

I really will miss the weekly live shows, but I hope they'll at least be fortnightly. I could cope if they traded off weeks tbh, I'm often too busy to watch both of them anyway so I think I'd be fine with that. But I won't pretend I'm not sad that they won't be weekly anymore :(

I think we're in for an interesting year, what with them being so busy for much of it with Interactive Introverts. It still seems like Dan wants to focus on self-growth, saying he only achieved about half of what he wanted to last year, so I'm intrigued as to what he has in mind. I really hope they're organised, and that there's not too much of a content drought while they're away, and I'm intrigued as to how they're going to navigate the balance between their personal and professional selves in a year that will seemingly look more like 2015+2016 than 2017 in terms of projects.

Also, did he cut something out at around 53:42? It looks like there's a jump cut there, unless it's just the webcam glitching. I also noticed that the length went down from 1:01ish to 59:13, so I'm guessing he edited something out maybe. It doesn't look like the very beginning was edited, so :shrug: