Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

thesadassassin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 am
same id really like to see them play more 'proper' games like more xbox, ps4 game like cod or gta but i can see why they wouldnt since most of their audience wont be into it.
As long as they look at each other for more than 5 seconds and sit close enough together people will be into it :lol:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
George
sad dimple

I saw someone saying on Tumblr that Dan replied to a tweet saying he'll do a liveshow tonight, I can't find it tho (I don't have Twitter), so anyone...?
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

George wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:44 pm I saw someone saying on Tumblr that Dan replied to a tweet saying he'll do a liveshow tonight, I can't find it tho (I don't have Twitter), so anyone...?
He never said Tonight he said he’ll do one after the meme video is out. Possibly tonight, that’s what I’m hoping. But no he didn’t say it was definitely tonight.
phillyforgot
butt chair

Personally, I hope he does a live show. I just hope people don't start spamming him with the memes from the video (as the phandom is known for), so we can hear some of his actual opinions.
DatCog
blobfish

UpdatedPhan have just tweeted that Dan is going live on YouNow!

Edit: he is indeed live on YouNow/YouTube
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

He's so introspective today and I am LIVING for it!!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Danny I missed you <3
(I re-realised why I like that dork)
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Missed the liveshows but did not miss Dan starting a sentence then getting distracted by the chat and never finishing it :sideeye:

edit 5 minutes later: ok lmao no need to shade me dan
Last edited by AroboticPhil on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liola
rankussy

He's looking lovely and I love his introspecion but maybe this is me having major anxiety right now but dear god he keeps looking around in this antsy/nervous way and it's really making my heart rate increase for some reason :(
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alch
ar·tic·u·late

someone tell dan that it doesn't make you more of a star wars fan if you like the prequels
this man is the only person i've ever seen who likes them what the fuck
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

alch wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm someone tell dan that it doesn't make you more of a star wars fan if you like the prequels
I didn’t think that was what he said?
Then again I don’t hate them either.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alch
ar·tic·u·late

lilabet wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:05 pm
alch wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm someone tell dan that it doesn't make you more of a star wars fan if you like the prequels
I didn’t think that was what he said?
Then again I don’t hate them either.
I mean, not exactly but he keeps saying stuff along the lines of "i'm such a nerd that i love the prequels," but yeah maybe I'm biased
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Someone tell Dan he can pry dubs from my cold, dead, not-subtitle-reading hands.
It's probably the topic you can trigger me with the most :lol:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I think he meant that he'll like anything as long as it's Star Wars. I'm the same way. People keep telling me the prequels suck, The Last Jedi is getting insane hate, I DON'T CARE. I LOVE IT. GIVE ME MORE. :D
liola
rankussy

I'm probably not in the best mood to watch this liveshow tbh but I feel like he's actively avoiding mentioning Phil while talking about him staying home for nye, I can already feel the theories that they were separated and Phil was with his secret wife. I wasn't expecting him to talk about the Lester christmas days but I really feel like he's avoiding mentioning Phil besides gaming and tour

lmao his therapist saying he's a procastinating workaholic, that's literally how I've been described incredible :mrgreen: it's not that funny
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ablissa
pastel persona

liola wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:19 pm I'm probably not in the best mood to watch this liveshow tbh but I feel like he's actively avoiding mentioning Phil while talking about him staying home for nye, I can already feel the theories that they were separated and Phil was with his secret wife. I wasn't expecting him to talk about the Lester christmas days but I really feel like he's avoiding mentioning Phil besides gaming and tour

lmao his therapist saying he's a procastinating workaholic, that's literally how I've been described incredible :mrgreen: it's not that funny
I get that impression too, it feels like there are very few Phil mentions in this ls compared to usual... Am I wrong?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

“Dan, are you drunk”

Yes! Can see why people thought that as he was SO fidgety but I loved it so much. I love opinionated and passionate Dan. I love his liveshows when he’s like this and talks in depth about things and doesn’t concentrate on the stupid questions. I live for this Dan so much and if he does liveshows less often and is more like this then I can definitely deal with that.

Also, him not mentioning Phil at New Year isn’t a big deal to me. He was clear that he didn’t wanna go anywhere last year - what was he going to say “we sat indoors and played games”. We all know that happened anyways. Him mentioning new year though did sound kinda bleak, especially when he said he couldn’t remember ordering food.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was a nice ls, even if I disagree with Dan on quite a few things. ;)
Just happy to have the live shows back, hopefully Phil will do one soon as well.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

What a goddamn FANTASTIC live show. I enjoyed every minute of that.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

So it sounds like "Getting Over It" will be the next gaming video...
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Omg aw he seemed to be in such a good mood today, I love it <3 <3 <3
Literally had a moment of self realization when he was talking about his procrastination being motivated by fear and perfectionism because SAME and for some reason I never connected them.

AND I loved him briefly fanboy-ing over Lorde/Melodrama, because I listened it that album after he tweeted about it and got OBSESSED. (also perfume genius, I wish he would have talked about him. I said it a few times in the chat but he didnt see it)

95% sure they're playing Getting Over It for the next gaming channel vid (edit oops @sarmstr2 said that right before me)
Last edited by KatjaZoe on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
malday
emo goose

It's a good balance if he's going to do less frequent liveshows but make them longer like this one.
fondsmiles
phabergé

that was the BEST liveshow i have ever watched. god. he was so open and honest and passionate, i almost couldn't believe it. how much he shared!! about his personal struggles! about his anxieties, his feelings, about self-care and relaxation and therapy and how he feels about the meme video and reflection and the next year... has he always been like this? have i just missed him? i don't know, but it was bloody fantastic and my heart grew SO big and i smiled and grinned the ENTIRE hour.

honorable mention: how much he fangirled over troye, and how he blushed so hard saying that troye had in fact liked his tweet. sweet guy. <3
i also weirdly enjoyed a lot how he talked about discussing stuff on reddit. i have a weird thing for picturing him just scouting the internets anonymously and being involved in different forums, totally independent from his famous persona. that's so cool to me.

and he was so so active, bouncing around everywhere. fuck, i love him.
[x]
[x]
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

missemma wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 pm Yes! Can see why people thought that as he was SO fidgety but I loved it so much. I love opinionated and passionate Dan. I love his liveshows when he’s like this and talks in depth about things and doesn’t concentrate on the stupid questions. I live for this Dan so much and if he does liveshows less often and is more like this then I can definitely deal with that.
This shows that "good" or "bad" liveshows are really just a question of perspective because I feel the exact opposite haha
It sucks but this kind of ls makes me very stressed out. He talks so fast and non stop for so many minutes straight, about one thing and then something completely and unrelated and goes back and forth and personally it's the kind of situation that's the opposite of calming to me so I get out with a headache and in a weird mood :(
I do like hearing about his opinions and introspective thoughts tho and he shared so much, it was at least a really interesting liveshow!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I loved that, he was so open about his introspection, talked about that for a lot longer than usual and was so genuine. He gave such good essay advice. I still can’t stand the thought of ever having to do that kind of writing again, twice I did all-nighters to get 4 essays done, it’s so easy to learn terrible methods. The perfectionist procrastination problem... I’ve avoided the anxiety for so long I’ve all but lost passion for doing much at all.

I wonder if he’ll ever want to merge this side of him with how he presents himself in main channel videos cos he can still be funny and sarcastic while also being himself. I think. Idk, I love him like this. Hopefully he’ll remember he loves us before too long and not leave us weeks without liveshows, but they’ve got a lot to do (making a show only after they’ve sold it, ffs this world is so backwards sometimes :roll: )

I barely even registered that he didn’t mention Phil much. Picked up that he was probably alone once he got back after Christmas, but I was too wrapped up in listening to him to think about Phil.