Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:19 am I really just assumed he was leveraging it for leeway in a future gaming video? Or maybe it was something personal with Phil, but I didn't get the vibe that it was directed at the audience at all. (But I'm also unaware of any drama last week, so maybe that makes a difference.)
Yeah me too. I'm surprised people are taking it to not be in reference to gaming tbh? Like, it seemed obvious to me that he meant he suggested all or nothing not out of the goodness in his heart, but so that in future when he fucks up in a game Phil will feel obligated to be nice to him. I doubt it had anything to do with 'drama in the phandom' or whatever, as that has nothing to do with the context in which he made that comment :shrug:
autumnhearth
senpai

thesadassassin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 am i also noticed that phil mentioned growing beards quite a lot. i dont know what to make of it but it was interesting
Yes, he mentioned it twice in the beginning of this video and it looked like he was expecting Dan to react, but Dan didn’t. Then he mentioned it again at the end. There were a fair few mentions in 2017, with Dan once again claiming he hasn’t finished puberty. I remember once Phil said he was looking forward to Dan with facial hair. Could Phil be waiting for Dan before he lets his own grow?

I need to watch this video a third time as the first time I was getting ready to head out the door and the second time I wasn’t absorbing everything. Dan proposing all or nothing for Phil was really cute though, Phil looked so pleased. This is cute too:
I will say that I definitely didn’t like it as much Getting Over It. Funny how a really popular, well made game that the boys both enjoy, doesn’t make for as good entertainment as a frustrating flash game.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Are you guys being signed out more often than normal today? Our host tried to adjust some settings to let people stay logged in longer/on multiple devices, but it seems to have had the opposite effect for me - I'm being signed out essentially every time I tab away. If you could let me know if that situation is better or worse than normal for you so I can pass it on to him, that'd be great!
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

@alittledizzy yeah, it's logged me out every time i've closed the tab. so every time i type the address or come via bookmark, i have to log in again. but weirdly if i come back through the email notification link thingy, it doesn't sign me out? idk if that means anything, but it's a weird thing
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:21 am Are you guys being signed out more often than normal today? Our host tried to adjust some settings to let people stay logged in longer/on multiple devices, but it seems to have had the opposite effect for me - I'm being signed out essentially every time I tab away. If you could let me know if that situation is better or worse than normal for you so I can pass it on to him, that'd be great!
Yeah, I thought I was just imagining things, but it seems to be signing me out faster than usual. I thought it was just timing out as usual (though it seemed to be happening a lot faster than usual), but today when I've been looking on a different tab and then come back to this one (with this tab still open), it's often signed me out when I clicked on a new thread.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

yeah, i've been having that problem. i tried it on my phone, desktop and laptop, and all are signing me out, and on my phone even if i still have the tab open and refresh it, it'll log me out.
hello9217
flower crown

In regards to the beard thing: I think it's simply that Phil just really likes beards. Like if you were trying to figure out Phil's dream guy it would be somebody that embodied a "classic masculine man," i.e. a big burly dude w/ strong muscles and a full beard. That's why I laughed really hard when Phil said something like he can't wait for the day Dan grows a beard in a gamingmas video. Although I also think Phil may want to grow a beard but he thinks it will age him, also why he doesn't get the quiff.
forforever
smol bean

hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:31 am In regards to the beard thing: I think it's simply that Phil just really likes beards. Like if you were trying to figure out Phil's dream guy it would be somebody that embodied a "classic masculine man," i.e. a big burly dude w/ strong muscles and a full beard. That's why I laughed really hard when Phil said something like he can't wait for the day Dan grows a beard in a gamingmas video. Although I also think Phil may want to grow a beard but he thinks it will age him, also why he doesn't get the quiff.
I honestly cannot imagine Phil with a beard. My mind is drawing a blank. Has anyone ever made any fanart/manips that feature Phil with a beard? I feel like I need help visualizing what may be Phil's future.
alien
procrastinator

Secretstanner wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 am
VengefulBlue wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 pm
whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm I think some greys are cute so I'm already fond, plus if this leads to a more natural color I'm all in-not necessarily ginger but a dark brown, I think darker hair on him makes for a striking contrast.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:20 pm Hmm, I don't think he'd want to lessen his grasp of his youth, but maybe transitioning to a dark chatagne? (remind me the word in English please? It's not walnut...)
^ basically this (also I think a châtaigne is a chestnut in English?)
yeah, chestnut is a good descriptor for his hair colour, and is the english word for châtaigne. i generally describe phil's natural hair as auburn, which is a mix between red and brown, but chestnut implies it's more in the brown range, which is true.
rizzo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm Can we talk about this weird ass quote out of Dan's mouth, though:

"In the interest of friendship and celebrating what's right, we each get half. There we go. That's your birthday present. That's the only wholesomeness that you're getting from me this year. The only reason I did this was so that you can give me a pass when I FUCK UP NEXT!"

Wat. You repressing some guilt there, Daniel? JFC.
i wonder what he did to get himself in trouble, that sounds like a clear "you got mad at me for something and we've dealt with it but i'm still not over it" but that's probably just me projecting

I’m literally just trying to put two and two together because I don’t think his comment was gaming related. Obviously he knows when people get annoyed when he doesn’t bring things up or he says stuff wrong. People won’t let me forget it. But what did strike me was last week after dans liveshow twitter went off saying dan was making sh jokes in his liveshow. And just like ALL Twitter drama people just jumped on it just like they did with Shane a few days before. I know people think they don’t see all this but they must do. It’s hard for them not to miss all the drama that happens in the phandom. It’s actually very embarrassing for us and for them.
What are sh jokes?
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

alien wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 am What are sh jokes?
Apologies if this isn't what you were referring to secretstanner, but in Dan's most recent liveshow he said "hurt myself". I can't remember exactly what it was in reference to and can't be bothered to check (was it possibly when he was talking about procrastination/perfectionism? if someone remembers please let me know!). I was aware of people reacting to it on twitter and accusing him of joking about self harm, but didn't see any mentions of it on tumblr or on here. I think it's a sensitive issue, and I absolutely respect why people would be uncomfortable at him saying that, but I personally didn't interpret it as a joke about self harm.

The phrase "hurt myself" doesn't necessarily connote self harm to me. If I was working so hard to the point of unintentionally making myself sick, for example, my mum would probably tell me to take a breather before I hurt myself. She wouldn't be referring to self harm in that instance, but to my issues with perfectionism and procrastination potentially causing me harm. I personally didn't think it was fair to accuse Dan of joking about self harm (largely because I am aware of Dan's experience with depression and his passion for talking about mental illness respectfully), but again I understand that some people draw different boundaries and we're all coming at it from different perspectives. Anyway I'm pretty sure that's what secretstanner meant by sh jokes. I also don't think that's what Dan was referring to in the Zelda video about "fucking up" btw.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

captainspacecoat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:44 am
Apologies if this isn't what you were referring to secretstanner, but in Dan's most recent liveshow he said "hurt myself". I can't remember exactly what it was in reference to and can't be bothered to check (was it possibly when he was talking about procrastination/perfectionism? if someone remembers please let me know!). I was aware of people reacting to it on twitter and accusing him of joking about self harm, but didn't see any mentions of it on tumblr or on here. I think it's a sensitive issue, and I absolutely respect why people would be uncomfortable at him saying that, but I personally didn't interpret it as a joke about self harm.

The phrase "hurt myself" doesn't necessarily connote self harm to me. If I was working so hard to the point of unintentionally making myself sick, for example, my mum would probably tell me to take a breather before I hurt myself. She wouldn't be referring to self harm in that instance, but to my issues with perfectionism and procrastination potentially causing me harm. I personally didn't think it was fair to accuse Dan of joking about self harm (largely because I am aware of Dan's experience with depression and his passion for talking about mental illness respectfully), but again I understand that some people draw different boundaries and we're all coming at it from different perspectives. Anyway I'm pretty sure that's what secretstanner meant by sh jokes. I also don't think that's what Dan was referring to in the Zelda video about "fucking up" btw.
Yes this is what I was talking about thank you for taking time to write that. I didn’t mean dan was referring to the incident about the liveshow in particular at all. I meant it as a general statement that he is completely self aware of the things he does and says because people will point it out and sometimes make a huge deal when it could be easily addressed. I just took him in the game adding the comment for that reason. It’s just how I saw it that’s all. I don’t think him saying that was about the liveshow drama, I was just using it as a example of him being aware of things that are being said in the phandom. :)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

(Let's see if I get this posted before the forum logs me out again... What's going on?)

I am not one to interpret much into heart eyes howell and love eye lester gifs, but how has no one talked about that look Phil's giving Dan at 19:10 when he says "That's the sign of friendship, that's how 2018 is gonna work" *searches for eye contact* *fond smile* <3

I'll try and edit in a tumblr gif if I can work out the code.
Edit:
Last edited by LtrllySusan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
susan2
rainbow nerd

lilabet wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 pm
missemma wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 pm This is ridiculous and hilarious and I am so here for it. I saw something a week or so ago that they are having a design contest, winner receives $500 so *that* is something the phandom could get in on. I forget if it’s been mentioned on here. Ah here it is, no link or info how to get involved though...
Very curious to see how whatever they are doing plays out.
Just catching up - wonder if they’ll ask Phil to judge the winner for this competition!
One thing that's frustrating me around this is...how do you enter this competition? Jeez, Faberge if you want to start a competition at least link to the rules and how to submit. Maybe they will announce this via Phil? (Or I missed something obvious)
I actually e-mailed Fabergé yesterday to ask that very question .... cos i mean who doesn't need $500! :phaberge:
So I'll let you know if they respond.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

forforever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:12 am
hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:31 am In regards to the beard thing: I think it's simply that Phil just really likes beards. Like if you were trying to figure out Phil's dream guy it would be somebody that embodied a "classic masculine man," i.e. a big burly dude w/ strong muscles and a full beard. That's why I laughed really hard when Phil said something like he can't wait for the day Dan grows a beard in a gamingmas video. Although I also think Phil may want to grow a beard but he thinks it will age him, also why he doesn't get the quiff.
I honestly cannot imagine Phil with a beard. My mind is drawing a blank. Has anyone ever made any fanart/manips that feature Phil with a beard? I feel like I need help visualizing what may be Phil's future.
I can't think of any examples of Phil with an actual beard, but I am remembering Dan's birthday + the week or so leading up to it where he had some amazing stubble. The photo I'm thinking of was on Bryony's insta story, but I can't find it anywhere :(
I remember the first time I noticed him saying that he would like to try growing a beard, it was in the first Dream Daddy episode and my life was changed from then on. Please, Phil, I'm begging you. Grow a beard
liola
rankussy

I liked the gaming video, I'm a fan of the Zelda franchise and I can tell the boys are well accustomed with the game, Phil more so. I loved the sheer joy when Dan suggested all or nothing and the cheeky push of Dan's sticker lol

Onto more serious things, I'm deeply saddened that Fabergé didnt follow Phil yet so I'm assuming the #spon deal hasn't been made yet. Come on Phil get that egg covered forever home :phaberge: :phaberge: :phaberge:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh, that's frustrating, if people are upset about that. It feels like a 2018 equivalent to that time in 2014 when Dan used the word 'anxiety' to describe how he felt about posting a video and people told him he shouldn't use it as an emotional descriptor because anxiety is also a disorder and it was offensive.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Oh, that's frustrating, if people are upset about that. It feels like a 2018 equivalent to that time in 2014 when Dan used the word 'anxiety' to describe how he felt about posting a video and people told him he shouldn't use it as an emotional descriptor because anxiety is also a disorder and it was offensive.
but anxiety can be used as an emotion, anxiety disorder is a thing though. idk why that's worth getting offended over since dan has anxiety... it's 100% valid to feel anxiety while not at all having it as a disorder y'know?
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:01 pm

but anxiety can be used as an emotion, anxiety disorder is a thing though. idk why that's worth getting offended over since dan has anxiety... it's 100% valid to feel anxiety while not at all having it as a disorder y'know?
Yup! That's the point I (and also Dan, back at the time in a liveshow) was making. Just because a phrase/word is also used in association with something else does not mean that the phrase/word can only henceforth used be in association with that other thing. Just like people can feel anxious without having an anxiety disorder, people cause harm to themselves without it being related to self-harm.

(Basically I'm just repeating captainspacecoat's point and agreeing with it.)
hello9217
flower crown

snokoplasmic wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 pm
I can't think of any examples of Phil with an actual beard, but I am remembering Dan's birthday + the week or so leading up to it where he had some amazing stubble. The photo I'm thinking of was on Bryony's insta story, but I can't find it anywhere :(
I remember the first time I noticed him saying that he would like to try growing a beard, it was in the first Dream Daddy episode and my life was changed from then on. Please, Phil, I'm begging you. Grow a beard
Yes I know the pic you're talking about.
Under Spoiler bc the image is large
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

hello9217 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:14 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 pm
omg they all looks so beautiful i love :happytears:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alch
ar·tic·u·late

yeah, just got logged out now which never happens on my laptop.
ratlad wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm
that's going in my ever-expanding list of things i wish phil would do more often.
liola
rankussy

alch wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:20 pm yeah, just got logged out now which never happens on my laptop.
ratlad wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm
that's going in my ever-expanding list of things i wish phil would do more often.
Also just got logged out, twice today. I thought it was just me, it's actually happening on mobile too and not only on desktop :(

Phil with a stubble <3 if he ever grows a beard you'll find me dead
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
DatCog
blobfish

I'm here for scruffy!Phil: stubble, natural coloured windswept hair...yes please!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

So.. they're seeing Hamilton this week, then? :lol:

Also, anything relevant to D&P + Hamilton just makes me angry these days. There's something infuriating about 2 dudes knowing they're rich and privileged enough to be able to see it one day, that they won't listen to it at all beforehand. It really gets my goat.

The musical and its album were widely celebrated and talked about 2 full fucking years ago, but God forbid you spoil yourself of the show you'll eventually be able to attend. I don't even WANT your opinions on the music anymore, Dan.

Shut up, I'm not bitter.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

This is...weirdly specific information on their future whereabouts by Phil's standards. What do you think, have they actually seen it already and are just waiting to tweet about it? Obviously it's too late for anyone to get tickets to the show, but trying to meet them by the theate...
edit: rizzo beat me to it lol
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"