Phandom Gives

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives:

How and why Phandom Gives came about
I had been considering for months the fact that there was no charity drive the Phandom (that I am aware of). Then @LtrllySusan started a conversation about Dan and Phil’s charity work. I felt that as a fandom we could be doing more ourselves and luckily it's almost Phil's Birthday so our first project was born.

I took a lot of inspiration from 1D Fans Give and set up Phandom Gives.
Everyone has surpassed my expectations -see me setting the original goal as £310.00! Thank you to everyone who has donated and shared, it means a lot.

I chose Just Giving because the money goes directly to the charities. According to their website “We automatically transfer donations to the chosen charity on a weekly basis (or, if the total donated to that particular charity on JustGiving is under £100, we wait until the end of the month). We do this so that charities don’t have to wait too long to start putting the funds raised towards their amazing work.” Further details can be found on their website https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-charity-

Charities
Phil's Birthday Drive: Make A Wish - We chose Make A Wish because of the boy's past support.
Please donate to Phil's birthday drive https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... ves-phil31!
Or if you are in the UK you can text PGVS91 with £5 or an alternative amount to 70070.

Dan's Birthday Drive - We chose Young Minds as Dan is an ambassador.
His birthday drive is already open but I’ll do a full announcement in February. Feel free to donate now but we do have until June for his one :) Please donate to Dan's drive birthday drive https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... ives-dan27! Or if you are in the UK you can text PGVS50 £5 or an alternative amount to 70070.

NOTE: If you are in the UK and donating in GBP, make sure to check the GIFT AID BOX. Make A Wish will receive the tax back from the government so they actually receive more of the donation!
If you want to donate by PayPal, make sure you change the currency to GBP.

Social Media
https://phandomgives.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/PhandomGives
https://www.instagram.com/phandomgives/?hl=en
Also phandomgives.com is a work in progress but i bought it today!

Thank You To
@psychicmoth who created the amazing branding and some great images.
@missemma for volunteering to help out with twitter. It'll be great to have back up when we start being more creative for Dan's drive.
@DatCog for volunteering to build the new website. I'm sure it'll be amazing once it's up and running.

This project has just started so if you have any ideas be it for Dan's drive or wider phandom giving please leave them below. I'm definitely interested in what we could do around tour as well. <3
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Great idea with starting a new thread. I'm just gonna copy one of my posts from the main thread that I made when the Phandom Gives drive was first started, where I listed some ideas that I've seen 1D Fans Give do, to this thread in case any of these ideas come in handy for the drives:
whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 pm Awesome, thanks for setting this up! It's such a great way to give back to charity.

I'm in a fandom that has been raising money for charity for the boys' birthdays for years now, and I haven't really been involved, but here are some things I've noticed the organizers of done if you want some ideas:

-raffling off tickets to shows (if anyone has any extra tickets to TIIT, you could maybe consider doing this), or raffling off any merch/memoribilia that you might have outgrown
-holding contests/raffles for art / other things people in the fandom made (doesn't have to be fandom-related), just if you're talented in any way, you can consider knitting something or painting a picture or whatever and raffling it off
-people often do promotion type things, where if they get a certain amount of people to donate a certain small amount, they will match that total donation
-fic writers writing a small fic in exchange for donation (I've already seen that happen in the phandom before)
-fandom artists, gif makers, etc. often make promotion type things which have the opportunity to get reblogged a lot and spread the message

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment, but I'm sure a lot of you have been more heavily involved in these things for a lot longer, so you probably have a lot more ideas. Just thought I'd throw ideas out there while we're getting started
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

good thinking, this deserves it's own thread!

if/when you need to edit the top post with updated information just let one of us know.
art in avatar by lily
phillyforgot
butt chair

I think it was a really good idea of you to post a separate thread for Phandom Gives. I'm looking forward to reading the discussion here, I'm sure you'll all have really good ideas. :thumb:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

I love checking in on how the fundraiser is doing - so many heartwarming messages on the donation page :D

Also worth noting that the original ‘dream-goal’ of £3100 has now been doubled - the Phandom is amazing and generous and there is still 2 weeks to go <3
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Really can't believe that the total raised so far is £6,332.82! Phil's birthday isn't for 2 weeks yet, wonder if we will hit the £10,000 mark!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
kavat
pastel persona

Hey, the fundraiser got an article on We the unicorns! I'm not a big fan of the site in general but anything that gives the charity spotlight is a good thing in my book :)
DatCog
blobfish

I don't think a £10,000 end goal for the fundraiser is unrealistic, especially if Phil (and also Dan perhaps) give it another shoutout nearer the 30th! Very proud to be part of this :D
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I wonder if they've already donated, I had a look through and couldnt see anything although I'm sure they'd do it anonymously without their names on and the amount hidden! With Dan's birthday still being 6 months away there is so much time to plan a really good campaign for Young Minds.

Great for We The Unicorns also picking up on it!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

missemma wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 pm I wonder if they've already donated, I had a look through and couldnt see anything although I'm sure they'd do it anonymously without their names on and the amount hidden!
I think they'll donate privately instead of participating in this fundraiser. After all, it's Phandom Gives.
phillyforgot
butt chair

The numbers are just getting higher and higher. I love seeing people do good in this world. I'm pretty sure Make-A-Wish will use the money to make people's dreams come true. :tu: <3
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 pm
I think they'll donate privately instead of participating in this fundraiser. After all, it's Phandom Gives.
Oh I know, I thought Phil implied he would donate to the phandom fundraiser but now you've said that I probably just read it wrong.
lilabet
philussy

missemma wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 pm
Oh I know, I thought Phil implied he would donate to the phandom fundraiser but now you've said that I probably just read it wrong.
I think they will do it privately or they'll donate right at the end. It's not weird for celebrities to donate to fandom fundraising drives though. Or maybe I'm spoiled by the 1D boys donating, i know for a fact that Liam has donated to one of his and everyone is pretty sure that Louis donated to his anonymously based on the amount.

If they were to donate through the drive anonymously I would see the amount but I don't think I would share it. I'd just say that they donated a (decent, substantial, considerable) amount depending on the amount.

Anayways I have now set up a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/phandomgives/ and the website is up and running thanks to @DatCog http://phandomgives.com/
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
lilabet
philussy

New Project: Phandom Matching for Phil’s Birthday

We are now in the last week of Phil’s birthday drive and we still have 10% to go to get to the final goal of £8,000.

In honour of his 31st birthday we have started a donation matching project! All you have to do is donate 3.10 (in any currency) to the birthday drive and include (phandom matching) at the end of your donation comment. We will periodically tally the donation number and donate the matching amount. This is a chance to double your donation!

I will match the first ten donations and we have two other lovely matchers signed up to cover another 15 donations. Both of whom are from IDB!

If you would like to sign up as a matcher please contact me on twitter in the first instance but you can also contact me on all the social media sites.

Please continue to share the birthday drive as far and wide as you can. Let’s try to raise as much money for Make A Wish as we can. The donation link is https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... ves-phil31
Phandom Gives
phillyforgot
butt chair

I can't believe that I'm dropping in here just to say this, but I'm so proud of the amount people have donated. I'm not in a position to donate myself (if I was, I would've donated long ago), but I'm so glad so many people are willing to spend their money on such causes. I just want to say I'm proud of all of you :love1:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

dancy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 am A week late but I just noticed the boys donated to the fundraiser for Phil's birthday.

art in avatar by lily
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

dancy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 am A week late but I just noticed the boys donated to the fundraiser for Phil's birthday.

Does it make me a terrible person to say how do you know that's actually Dan and Phil? I'm not saying they didn't donate anonymously or that there's no way it's not them- but couldn't anyone put down their name as "Dan and Phil" and then donate with a message that looks like it's from them?
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.