Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
BluntyMe
tol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:23 pm
DatCog wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:00 pmA dream scenario would be for them to purchase their forever home, move in early April and then get any renovations done while they're away touring so it's perfect when they return in September!
I don't actually think that's unrealistic. In fact, I kind of think it's more realistic than paying rent on two flats for five months when they won't be there? Or maybe that's my low-income-person-bias talking, lmao. I do accept that what is logic to me may not be logic to them.
I think they already bought a house and they are doing renovations since they moved to this duplex, they hated the old apartment so much that they decided to move instead of living there one more year.
When my family moved into our forever home, it took them nearly 8 months for the contractors to leave it as my parents want it to look.
It's not uncommon to rent furnished flats, from what I was told, and the rent is renewed annually over in the UK.
I don't think is super crazy to believe that they already have a place and they've been fixing it up for a while now neither is to think that they'll move out before the tour starts, not that they ever have to worry about rent but now they may be have to worry about a mortgage?
dancy
procrastinator

I don't have TATINOF to compare with because I wasn't around at that time but I do feel like they're (well, mainly Dan) being a bit inactive on Twitter (or in general). In the last two weeks, Dan has replied to people only twice as opposed to five times during the two weeks before that. Except for the birthday tweet, his tweets also haven't really been very...discussable, I suppose. Combined with the fact that he has only done one live show this year thus far (which was nearly 3 weeks ago), it just feels like we haven't heard from him that much. Speaking of which, I'm hoping he's doing a live show tomorrow but I wouldn't count on it. Phil has tweeted and replied a lot more than Dan but I still find myself craving something more (a Sims video today would be lovely).

In regards to their apartment, I do think it's a waste to spend money on rent for a place they won't be living in for 5 months straight but I can't really imagine them moving into their "forever home" already, especially not just before their tour :shrug:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

I don't think there will be a new gaming video
:(
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

confusedpanda wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:19 pm Ok, I need to ask a question. How many of you guys think Dan and Phil are being completely inactive on twitter? I’m not talking live shows because that’s a different story, mostly twitter. Because I’ve seen people complain that they aren’t as active as they were. And I just wanted to say that I don’t buy that? Phil tweets almost every single day. If he misses one day it’s far and few between from what I can see. And dan? Dan’s once gone 10 days without replying to fans on twitter. I can’t remember if that was 2016 or 2017 though but still. So I don’t get the whole “they’re inactive on twitter”.
And also do you guys think they simply don’t care about their audience anymore (regarding dropping weekly live shows)? Or do you think it’s just the matter of they’d like to do weekly but having to sort out tour stuff isn’t going in their favor? Personally I call the reasoning for no more weekly live shows because of tour a bit odd because they did live shows all thoughout 2015/2016 when planning all that shit.But also at the same time, I get it. There’s no time.
But I’ll say this, they’re becoming more like most larger youtubers in the sense of tweeting. If they tweet every few days, then maybe they’ll reply maybe they won’t. Twitter isn’t their main platform they’re known for to begin with. And also same with live shows, not all larger youtubers do them weekly for whatever reasons. Maybe it’s because I follow larger youtubers and all but like this doesn’t seem like anything out of the ordinary to me? :shrug:
So I wasn't here in 2015 either so it's hard to say. It looks like leading up to tour in 2015, I started in March, the longest period that there was no liveshow was three weeks and I'm pretty sure Japhan fell around this time so that absence makes since. After that they remained pretty consistent. I did notice that if they missed one week they would do a liveshow on a Thursday or a Saturday, so it definitely seemed to be something they prioritized. Around when tour started, which was around October, was when live shows would be once a month but they were still doing the radio show so it offered a good alternative.

I can't say how tweets went back in 2015 but Dan just said in his last liveshow that sometimes he doesn't like going on twitter. I just find it funny that he said his new years resolution was to tweet more. As far as the replying to people: his last tweets didn't really leave much for a conversation. Like I don't even know what the tweet he put up today meant.

I did see that thread on twitter and I understand people being upset but man did it make me want to delete twitter. You have people shading deppy for "ignoring" us and then the other half of the phandom are defending them so it just cumulates into a lot of opinions being thrown around and people just getting angrier.

Stupid thought under the cut
After going over all this and seeing that deppy did manage live shows while planning for tour makes it seem more likely that they could also be moving. Like trying to get a house ready while also planning a world tour does not leave a lot of free time.
George
sad dimple

DatCog wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:57 pmone day we'll just stop seeing the duplex and all their videos will be done in the filming flat. I'll be sad if we never see the forever home but I wouldn't blame them for wanting to keep it private.
Sounds like something I'd consider if I were them, but it also sounds like something that will give me sleepless nights and anxiety, lol. My brain says do it, but my heart aches. Just the thought of never seeing their kitchen island makes me irrationally sad. And if they have already bought a place and we know nothing about that process - frustrating... If we never even see the place, how do we know how many bedroom they'll have? How many rooms for future children? Or is it just a starter home? And the antis be convinced that they live with their girlfriends in two separate apartments...

I clearly haven't learn the lesson of not really having to know everything and why. Getting there.

But there's also a fair chance that we'll see their new place. Or the gaming streams will be dead forever. And every Instagram photo they'll ever take has to be taken somewhere else. And they are lazy.
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I really hoped we’d get either a dinof video today or a gaming video :( if we don’t have a video Tuesday I think I will officially give up hope. Yes this is me being 100% needy I KNOW :lol:
DatCog
blobfish

I guess the sims vid will appear tomorrow instead of a Dan live show. Phil definitely implied that a sims video was imminent. Little bit disappointed they didn't get it uploaded today as Monday nights are usually dull and a video would have been nice but that's just me also being needy!
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Did you know that Phil deleted the tweet "my heart is going crazyfast"? ... Someone probably pinned it and... yeah r.i.p.

I lurk on twitter from time to time, I have them on notifs and like a few of their tweets, but since it's my personal I don't engage much. But I do follow a couple of fan accounts (for the lolz and to keep up with the tea haha). That's how I found out. Twitter phandom is a mess, and sometimes not a fun one.
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I keep seeing mentions of a 'filming flat'. I know there's been a lot of discussion on here about a two-flat theory, but to be honest I wasn't that interested in it and mostly skipped through posts related to that. But I've seen so many posts today referencing a 'filming flat', that I'm wondering - was it at some point confirmed (or mainly confirmed through proof), that they do in fact have two flats? Sorry, I just feel like I've missed something big to do with that, so if someone doesn't mind clarifying if this is still just a loose theory or not, I'd appreciate it.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

I personally don’t think it’s that unlikely they’d keep their flat while on tour- they did last time after all, and while it’s wasteful from my perspective, they have the money so it’s probs nbd to them. Part of me’s hoping that they’re going to get a forever home after touring though... it’d be nice timing. I get the feeling that they’d wanna keep their permanent home more private, so I doubt we’ll ever see much of it (but hey I respect their privacy so that’s cool with me). If so, maybe they’d keep this current flat for filming? IDK I’m so bad at theorizing :shrug:
whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:56 pm [...] I've seen so many posts today referencing a 'filming flat', that I'm wondering - was it at some point confirmed (or mainly confirmed through proof), that they do in fact have two flats?
Not confirmed, but it’s a pretty solid theory IMHO because of differences in appearance of different parts of the house, two kitchens, different doorbell sounds, etc. Take that how you will!
yellowsubmarine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:55 pm Did you know that Phil deleted the tweet "my heart is going crazyfast"? ... Someone probably pinned it and... yeah r.i.p.
I can’t remember that tweet, what was it in reference to?
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
hello9217
flower crown

ratlad wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm I don't think there will be a new gaming video
:(
Phil said in his liveshow that the next gaming video would be sims so they theoretically have already filmed it or knew they were going to film it soon so I'm honestly surprised there isn't a new video yet. Are they just doing this so they have content to upload on Tues and Thurs now that live shows are no longer weekly? It's just a little weird that there's nothing and yes I know that there have been longer breaks than 5 days w/out a gaming video but I joined in 2017 and was obviously very spoiled.
tymyky
glabella

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:56 pm I keep seeing mentions of a 'filming flat'. I know there's been a lot of discussion on here about a two-flat theory, but to be honest I wasn't that interested in it and mostly skipped through posts related to that. But I've seen so many posts today referencing a 'filming flat', that I'm wondering - was it at some point confirmed (or mainly confirmed through proof), that they do in fact have two flats? Sorry, I just feel like I've missed something big to do with that, so if someone doesn't mind clarifying if this is still just a loose theory or not, I'd appreciate it.
Same here. It's not so long ago when that person was telling everyone that they have found the floor plan which indicates it's one flat and now everyone here is talking about second filming flat? I thought I got into hibernation and missed some info.
autumnhearth
senpai

yellowsubmarine wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:55 pm Did you know that Phil deleted the tweet "my heart is going crazyfast"? ... Someone probably pinned it and... yeah r.i.p.

I lurk on twitter from time to time, I have them on notifs and like a few of their tweets, but since it's my personal I don't engage much. But I do follow a couple of fan accounts (for the lolz and to keep up with the tea haha). That's how I found out. Twitter phandom is a mess, and sometimes not a fun one.
I could be wrong (and don't have the ability to check right now) but wasn't that tweet from very early 2009 anyway? Aka pre-Dan. I'm pretty sure it's one that shows up in phan tweets from time to time on Tumblr and YouTube and I wonder why people don't pay attention to the date. Anybody have a clearer memory than me or a screen cap? I'm out and about right now.
malday
emo goose

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 pm In the scenario where they keep using the filming flat, do you think they'd admit to having filming sets, or would we just eventually get suspicious because we hadn't seen the grey couch room in a while?
I'd expect them to haru it just because I can't see Phil ever saying his room is a filming set (unless he'll "re-brand" his image).
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:29 pm

I could be wrong (and don't have the ability to check right now) but wasn't that tweet from very early 2009 anyway? Aka pre-Dan. I'm pretty sure it's one that shows up in phan tweets from time to time on Tumblr and YouTube and I wonder why people don't pay attention to the date. Anybody have a clearer memory than me or a screen cap? I'm out and about right now.
Oh really? Oh well, guilty as charged if that's the case. I'm not that deep in the timeline, I thought it was after their meeting. Even if it's from before, it must suck to be reminded of your super old tweets.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
autumnhearth
senpai

Okay, sorry, found it. It’s from January 2009. So shrug. Could have been because of another person, could have been from physical exertion, could have been because of a horror movie. But it is interesting that he deleted it when it has nothing to do with Dan.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:55 pm Image

Okay, sorry, found it. It’s from January 2009. So shrug. Could have been because of another person, could have been from physical exertion, could have been because of a horror movie. But it is interesting that he deleted it when it has nothing to do with Dan.
He did tweet that day that he hate a three year old licorice for a video, lmfao.

But I could see him deleting something that might have had to do with personal things going on for him then if he just didn't want to see them being attributed to Dan? (I have no idea if people were doing that, though.)
applegrass
dank meme

I'm not sure whether it's because I joined the fandom relatively recently (a year ago or so) or because I'm a #FakeFan, but I feel like I can't relate to the apartment discussion at all.
The moving out video definitely gave me some sad vibes back in spring, but it didn't last. I just continued to watch their videos filmed in the new location, and it didn't really change anything for me, except for maybe looking more office-y. I was reading the old parts of D&P thread and just having to scroll through endless attempts to sketch out their new apartment. And I just can't get it.
The filming flat theory is interesting though. It sounds unneccessarily expensive to me, but they totally could afford it.
hello9217
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:55 pm Image

Apparently, with old tweets, if a number of people start retweeting them Phil will get the notification and then he has the tendency to delete them. It doesn't matter if it's phan related or not.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

^ yeah we still have a case of them doing that every few months, so my advice to people remains appreciate from afar instead of adding notes to it, if you still want it to be searchable.

i have no strong opinions on the housing situation other than having internet so shithouse that they can't stream games when that's something they seemed to enjoy and brings in $$ through sponsorship isn't logical. or a situation they would tolerate indefinitely.
art in avatar by lily
dancy
procrastinator

I know the donation page for Dan's birthday has already been set up (I checked it just now and saw that the goal had been set to 800 000 pounds, I assume that's a mistake :lol: ) but I was wondering when the fundraiser is officially going to start?

Also, can D&P please upload a Sims video today? I don't wanna complain about inactivity or whatever but I'm bored.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

In an attempt to inspire some gamingmas rewatching (which is what I've been doing for the past week or so, since those videos all blur together with one a day. some of them i actually had completely forgotten and I know some we barely talked about) -

favorite gamingmas video/favorite moment from a gamingmas video? The charades videos are a new gold standard for me, but I think Rainbow Islands, the two VR ones (job simulator and skyrim), and the Chopstick Challenge were really good.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Gah, I was about to comment my favourite moment and then realised it was from just before gamingmas. Phil being the cheekiest git and trolling Dan with “What does it mean? Festive times? Gingerbreads?” I was just thinking earlier how funny it was that Dan didn’t realise Phil was trolling, are they immune to each other after all this time? I can’t even remember gamingmas much now, or anything else, I’ll have to go scan the thumbnails to jog my memory.

Having said that, the chopstick challenge was it for me. Their dynamic was amazing, Dan so calm and winning almost effortlessly, lying through his burning teeth and with his watering eyes wincing that the chilli gummies weren’t that hot, Phil so into the competition and hoisted by his own petard. I love “I won’t be eating the mealworms”, well, yep, you’re right there, honey ;)
autumnhearth
senpai

I have been working on a fave D&P video playlist, and for Gamingmas 2018 I have: Not My Arms Challenge (which I really need to rewatch), The Chopstick Challenge, both Charades, Millionaire, Golf and Yasuhati. (From Gamingmas 2017 I have Millionaire, Katamari, Bubble Bobbles, Crossy Road and of course The Impossible Quiz, but I have every part of that anyway). Though I do agree with flarequake that little live moment sticks with me more than all 24 videos.
DatCog
blobfish

Have to agree that the live stream Overcooked #2 right at the end of November was more memorable than any of Gamingmas - I don't know how many times I've re-watched it but it's a lot! Generally I've not been too bothered about losing the gaming livestreams due to the games they played but I do feel a bit sad that we'll lose those lovely candid moments that can't be edited out.

My favourite Gamingmas vids were the two Charades, Chopstick Challenge and Golf.

I think that D&P Games has been on top form in 2018 so far: Getting Over It is probably my favourite gaming vid of all time and I re-watch it regularly, plus Zelda and Wikihow were highly entertaining (was slightly less fond of the #spon but that was just because the game didn't really appeal to me). If they carry on like this, I'll be very happy. They'd better post the sims vid tonight as it's now been a while!