Dan & Phil Part 72: Always a Gaytime

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Sims House Decorating videos are always the best kind of Sims videos. They both get so into it, even though Phil looked super done with everything by the end. :lol:

Also even though it's virtual, I'm still annoyed at them allowing Pancake to breed lol. Spay and neuter your pets! Are kittens hard to take care of in the game?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
saffarinda
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

dan and phil dedicating loads of entire episodes to progressing evan and dab’s relationship? this is amazing for pride month and 20gayteen.

editor: i don’t think they have an editor yet, i just think the video was hastily edited. i agree that an outside editor probably wouldn’t have gone to pinof to screenshot the carpet and insert it in. especially not at a random point in the middle of pinof. i can see a potential causal editor being used in the future deep into the tour if they havent pre-prepared enough vids.

phil looking done: the lad is tired from touring guys lmao don’t be so harsh.

pretty good for a sims vid. the episodes focused on dab and evan have been a lot more interesting than the ones with dil lately imo. i hope they keep it up!

ii tour “demonising fans”:
i mean, when they were talking about the mob mentality and the fact that people tend to go with the majority... they were right. all i could think about was my psychology textbook which had literally told me exactly that the day before about informative social influence and normative social influence.

and it does happen in the phandom.and in all fandoms really. people are so easily swept up and want to conform to the majority so they aren’t potentially cyberbullied or have to face being different. it’s due to these mob mentalities that people start to see commonly unacceptable things as acceptable. like, stalking is bad. but when you really want to find a celebrity somewhere so you meet them at an airport, or some place in public where you know they are... sometimes people can justify it if they have a few other friends supporting them.

i didn’t feel dragged by it; they were general statements that applied more to fandoms as a concept and practise rather than individuals imo
25/04/2017 - #blessed
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

@ame i think phil was just stressed from traveling back and forth and filming vids. i get jittery and my ticks flare up whenever i've had a Day™ or if i'm busy, he could be overwhelmed.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
knq
lava lamp

@hello9217 My thanks for explaining Phil's comment. :love2: I hope I'm not annoying people by throwing too many questions of clarity at the forum.

@Catallena They missed an opportunity for setting a good example and spaying the kitty. :( I understand wanting a bunch of in-game kittens, but that's probably not going to happen anyway. Sims in inactive households don't start romances or get pregnant. Not sure if that's true for pets too.

@saffarinda Saying Phil looks done isn't meant as criticism. Phil's said before that he's on his 'best behavior' when he's in front of the camera. In the past he hasn't shown less than positive emotions very often, especially without Dan prompting him, so his wanting to be done is noticeable but not worthy of criticism. Honestly I can't wrap my head around how just the M&Gs themselves don't drain dnp each for at least a day, yet they keep going on stage right after and traveling after that and I'm just here feeling drained thinking about it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm guessing Phil was done because it seems like that episode took a while to film. They skimmed over and through a whole lot of stuff - there were some jumpy moments where it's obvious they had to arrange things and cut it out, and I think Dan was quite into the decorating so I think there's a good chance they just had a certain amount of time allotted for each video (Dan saying he'd be wearing merch for a few videos bc he has no clean clothes) and they went over. Phil seems like between the two of them he'd be the one with the mental schedule and keeping an eye on the clock.

Or who knows, maybe he had to pee.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:10 am I'm guessing Phil was done because it seems like that episode took a while to film. They skimmed over and through a whole lot of stuff - there were some jumpy moments where it's obvious they had to arrange things and cut it out, and I think Dan was quite into the decorating so I think there's a good chance they just had a certain amount of time allotted for each video (Dan saying he'd be wearing merch for a few videos bc he has no clean clothes) and they went over. Phil seems like between the two of them he'd be the one with the mental schedule and keeping an eye on the clock.

Or who knows, maybe he had to pee.
I mean it's obviously that...and I say that for absolutely no reason in particular.

Also I'm wondering if maybe we'll get some Russian instagram stories from Phil tomorrow. I assume his silence today was probably due to getting that video up and traveling
autumnhearth
senpai

I just rewatched the Sims with my husband and I noticed Phil looking done/uncomfortable as soon as Dan mentioned that he had forgotten what it was like to be a teenager, implying trying to have privacy with a gf/bf over in his room. But I could be reading it wrong.
JustMarie
drama llama

Video was alright. Some funny moments thrown in there.
I felt the tired vibes from both of them (specially Phil) during the whole video. I just hope they take good rest in their free days. Doing shows almost every day and then filming and editing videos, is like they don't sleep.

Also hi I'm back from lurking in the shadows
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

before tour i was so excited about them mentioning they'd be starting some series' on the gaming channel. now knowing that they prefilmed about....3 videos? before tour started i'm trying to lower my hopes. or trying at least. it's something i've been wanting for a while but at this rate, doesn't really seem like it's coming soon, or at all.
dancy
procrastinator

Not one of my favorite Sims episodes but I did like it! I guess I like the ones where they actually get out of the house and do something a bit more than the home building videos, however I do think Dab's room was quite nice. Please give the guy a door though

I'm guessing D&P are in Moscow now and might go exploring the city today. As it seems like Phil is on a bit of a social media break too, I'm not really expecting lots of content like we got while they were in Amsterdam. I don't blame them, as the tour and all the traveling and whatnot must be draining them.

Speaking of the tour, I really enjoyed Interactive Introverts! I think it was very entertaining, the atmosphere was great and visually, it looked awesome too! The lights were sometimes a bit too bright for me though and the sounds too loud I definitely didn't cringe as much as I thought I would either and all in all, the show exceeded my expectations. They did a great job and I would recommend it! The M&G was a blur and somewhat surreal but I'm glad I had the opportunity anyway. They're definitely not as tall as I thought they'd be, which is weird considering I'm only about 5'6" but I suppose I'm just used to Dutch people being rather tall.

A few spoilers:
Not a fan of the part where Phil threw a ball into the audience though and made people say what's in Dan's box because I see that as forced audience participation. However, I did like the magic trick and wonder how they did it.

I did notice how scripted some of it was and how a few elements were a bit repetitive/had happened at other shows already but I didn't really care much.

I didn't feel offended by anything Dan said. I saw it more as playful dragging and some of it was true, like the mob mentality thing.
sugar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:44 am before tour i was so excited about them mentioning they'd be starting some series' on the gaming channel. now knowing that they prefilmed about....3 videos? before tour started i'm trying to lower my hopes. or trying at least. it's something i've been wanting for a while but at this rate, doesn't really seem like it's coming soon, or at all.
Yeah, I don’t think we're getting a series anytime soon either. They've probably recorded two more gaming videos which they'll upload while on the European tour (if they continue uploading one video a week) and then they have a week off before they head to the US. I'm guessing they'll go home during that time and maybe film a series or just some more solo videos (and most importantly, relax). I recall them saying they might try and film videos on the road and ask for suggestions on apps they could play...
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

saffarinda wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 am phil looking done: the lad is tired from touring guys lmao don’t be so harsh.
No-one is being harsh from what I can see? Even in my original post I said it was because he was tired, nothing more than that. I actually found his expressions and face really funny (as I said) because he looks like he can’t wait for it to be over.

A funny (Dan saying something about Phil) Interactive Introvert spoiler from the Amsterdam evening show:
when Phil was on the wheel of doom, Dan launched the ball and it hit the wheel at crotch level. Dan walked up to the wheel and declared “if this was 5 feet to the right”. Feet Dan? You sure! Haha he knows that Phil is Image

but actually 10 seconds later he said “oh I mean inches”. Was funny in the moment though as it took him a short while to realise his mistake.
sugar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:44 am before tour i was so excited about them mentioning they'd be starting some series' on the gaming channel. now knowing that they prefilmed about....3 videos? before tour started i'm trying to lower my hopes. or trying at least. it's something i've been wanting for a while but at this rate, doesn't really seem like it's coming soon, or at all.
I’m sure they are saving this up for when they go to america and beyond given that they won’t be able to pop home as easily as they’ve been able to in the past to film things.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
liola
rankussy

I'm convinced they did record series and videos and are just keeping them for the U.S. tour when the weeks will have way less time off and they won't be able to casually record some stuff. I really doubt they didn't prepare for it this time, not with the past experience and not when they seemed so sure of pre-recording stuff
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
animad
squish

liola wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:31 am
I'm convinced they did record series and videos and are just keeping them for the U.S. tour when the weeks will have way less time off and they won't be able to casually record some stuff. I really doubt they didn't prepare for it this time, not with the past experience and not when they seemed so sure of pre-recording stuff
Yeah I was thinking that they'd be saving their series for the US leg as well where they can't go home to film more every couple weeks. Also for the type of series, are people thinking it'll be more something with a narrative like undertale that they'll have filmed all or a couple hours of then just broken it up to upload in sections, or when they say series mean something more like golf with friends or Google games?
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

i. love. dan's. nails.
they really suit his hand movements/mannerisms imo, and elongate his fingers. it feels quite unexpected (as a nail biter myself since childhood, i'm impressed he's managed it). but more that that, i love that he's feeling himself.

lefthandedism wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:02 pm I laughed out loud at 18:16 when Dan said, "'He's feeling very uncomfortable now.' NO SHIRT! You don't just pull someone into your lair and tip them over!"

Seems that move worked just fine on Dan. :wink: :love1:
right? so many points during this were ironic with what we know of their past. like the comment about how awkward it is when you're a teenager and your family is in the house at 21.25.

also, um, is this more proof of food kink?!

20.20 - dan: "well you get some ketchup, and you spray it all over him. [looks at camera] trust me, that works."

this was so bold i thought for a second i'd misunderstood him
art in avatar by lily
annabanana
sofa crease

Anyone have an idea of what Phil is saying at 8:24 in the new video after "but the question is?" I hear 'bosen' but that means nothing to me so maybe I'm hearing it wrong :shrug:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

mermaid blood wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:50 am also, um, is this more proof of food kink?!

20.20 - dan: "well you get some ketchup, and you spray it all over him. [looks at camera] trust me, that works."

this was so bold i thought for a second i'd misunderstood him
thank you for pointing that out because last night i couldn't really understand what he was saying and now that i have the full context... OMG yes i think it's very bold! of course it could be just one of these things he says without meaning it THAT way but...

i mean, because of all these teen feelings, and dnp being all flirty, i have such a happy romantic vibe from this video

edit : @annabanana i hear opposum like "oh...possum"! so.... :lol:
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

annabanana wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 pm Anyone have an idea of what Phil is saying at 8:24 in the new video after "but the question is?" I hear 'bosen' but that means nothing to me so maybe I'm hearing it wrong :shrug:
An anon on tumblr messaged me to answer you, they said it's "boatswain" which is pronounced "bosen."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

What? You thought there'd be no compilation today since Dan is detoxing and Phil abandoned us as well? Well, you're right.

Instead, you get to suffer through a dumb video I made for my own amusument at 3AM last night. :D

You're welcome. <3

dw I'm not turning the channel into shitposting central (I have neither the energy or creativity), just consider it a weird thank you for 100+ subscribers.

Compilations will resume whenever they (or at least Phil) post again.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
human
dan hand trash

Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:39 pm What? You thought there'd be no compilation today since Dan is detoxing and Phil abandoned us as well? Well, you're right.

Instead, you get to suffer through a dumb video I made for my own amusument at 3AM last night. :D

You're welcome. <3

dw I'm not turning the channel into shitposting central (I have neither the energy or creativity), just consider it a weird thank you for 100+ subscribers.

:stan: Queen. I was howling at the clips of this last night, so funny. Oh Phil I do appreciate you so haha.
liola
rankussy

Derpy and Preppy are in Moscow being tourists looking like they dressed for two completely different weathers <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
hello9217
flower crown

liola wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:06 pm Derpy and Preppy are in Moscow being tourists looking like they dressed for two completely different weathers <3
I really like dan's shorts but for some reason I thought they were pajama shorts when he showed them in the week in the life video. Anyway glad deppy are exploring Moscow.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@Catallena omg im laughing, i love the vid :lol: love the choice of song as well
liola wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:06 pm Derpy and Preppy are in Moscow being tourists looking like they dressed for two completely different weathers <3
also i love. their. outfits???? i feel like phil is really embracing the black a lot more recently. i do agree w dan, it does compliment his skin and makes him look all sleek. im living for all these monochromatic mates vibe :hugbw:
"you are next to me in my life"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aw, I'm glad they're out sightseeing.

And can we start a 'spot the Marianne' game? I love finding her lurking around in pictures. I wonder if they're traveling with the whole entourage? I can imagine everyone in the crew would enjoy the chance to see the city.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

wow these pictures are very cute and moscow looks so beautiful

i love dan in shorts, it just seems ‘weird’ for me to wear shorts and a sweatshirt at the same time so whenever i look at him i just twitch :lol:
:gayaf:
susan2
rainbow nerd

human wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:46 pm
Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:39 pm What? You thought there'd be no compilation today since Dan is detoxing and Phil abandoned us as well? Well, you're right.

You're welcome. <3

:stan: Queen. I was howling at the clips of this last night, so funny. Oh Phil I do appreciate you so haha.
:lol: amazing! The sequel we all needed to Phil's previous short film - I'm not bothered about the kiss...just the money.
(I'm just kidding, I love Phil).

I'm glad it looks like they have their security with them in Russia today, looks like a lot of people are excited to see them.