Dan & Phil Part 73: my furry bf

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

okay this trailed got me hyped about the show, I really really really hope they can do the TBC dates but at least there's that if they don't
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I guess next amazingphil will involve dan and next dinof soon: Also I hate that dan is so perfectly aware of this meme but cute response:
knq
lava lamp

"I'm mostly just sweaty. It's really hot in London right now" has to be my favorite review. :lol: A very Dan clip to include.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

i loved the trailer (not just because i made the cut)! it really made me want to see another show if i could and also i’m weirdly relieved that the trailer is finally out, after hearing about it for so long
:gayaf:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Trailer was alright. I guess? I mean, it's a trailer. It was fine. I'm sure Dan worked hard on it and the editing looked great (from what I can tell as someone who can only do VERY basic editing).

Shoutout though to the girl in the comments who said
rational brain: wow I really enjoyed this well-edited and informative trailer

lesbian brain: ehehe girls prettie

I love that Dan liked this comment too :lol:

Sidenote: I want to thank lilabet for linking to that queer eye interview, because I've watched part of that before Dan posted the trailer and now I can happily go back to watching the rest of it :thumb:
fieldoflovers
living flop

lilabet wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:58 pm
Antoni (Queer Eye) gave the most Dan answer to a question including the phrase 'existential angst'. The question starts at 01:30:30 but I actually recommend the entire interview.

I find it interesting that Dan seems to identify the most with Antoni who doesn't label himself and seems to still be growing into his sexuality. Antoni was even in a poly relationship once (attitude magazine).

Then again Dan could just find him hot. I mostly find him adorable and love his relationship/friendship with Tan.
thank you so much for linking this, i needed some affirmation today, and antoni's answer would have definitely resonated with dan I think, also what he said about needing a Jonathan in his life, someone who was visibly breaking gender roles and how important that'd be, i know the phandom kind of puts that on him and I don't want him to feel like he has to be the flag bearer of androgyny but I do love that he normalizes nail polish and earrings. I don't know if he wanted to be the Johnathon for someone else but he'd certainly very good at it.

Question: has phil said who his favourite member is? god i hope by next week they've started season 2 and can talk about it.

Tailer was fine. i had already bought tickets so can't tell you whether it was an effective ad but i'm glad dan's getting the affirmation/validation he needed.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

please someone tell me that they get this reference and that i didn't waste a minute of my life on that for nothing.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

The trailer doesn't leave much to comment on but it is indeed really nicely edited, I can see why it took him so long especially if he had to do it in bits and snippets in between shows. Nice job Dan!

Also love when he's cryptic about his videos, has the discourse started yet
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

liola wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 pm The trailer doesn't leave much to comment on but it is indeed really nicely edited, I can see why it took him so long especially if he had to do it in bits and snippets in between shows. Nice job Dan!

i'm going to be very disappointed if dan doesn't possibly talk about something, last time he talked about nothing... he's over here just vaguebaiting us! he better talk about absolutely something, i'm holding him to it.

this is such a useless post and unfunny joke bye
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
JustMarie
drama llama

Just arrived home and I haven't watch the trailer

I want to know if it shows spoilers? I'm a 100% no spoiler type of person but I want to see the good editing (thank god my show is in two weeks cuz i'm getting the urge to just watch it)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Like everyone else is saying, there really isn't much to say about the trailer but it was some snazzy editing (and I'm always here for the editing tips jokes tbh).

Anyway, I wanted to drop this tumblr post here because I seriously recommend downloading this if it's your thing.
The art is ridiculously cute and wonderful, and it's really just a lot of fun to have those little guys climb around your screen (and the artist put in so many cute features, like a little Phil just jumped down from the top of my screen to play some naked fortnite as I'm typing this).
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

liola wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 pm The trailer doesn't leave much to comment on but it is indeed really nicely edited, I can see why it took him so long especially if he had to do it in bits and snippets in between shows. Nice job Dan!

i spent literally like 10 seconds making this shitty meme
"you are next to me in my life"
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 pm i loved the trailer (not just because i made the cut)! it really made me want to see another show if i could and also i’m weirdly relieved that the trailer is finally out, after hearing about it for so long
You're in the trailer?? Oh my god thats so cute, congrats.
fieldoflovers wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 pm Question: has phil said who his favourite member is? god i hope by next week they've started season 2 and can talk about it.
Phil mentioned Bobby is his favorite member of the Fab 5 back in a liveshow in March.
Probably the one that does the entire house? Because first of all, I love home renovation shows, and secondly, that is a lot of work to just completely transform someone's house every week!
From this liveshow (26:05)
ratlad
angel bean

not directly dnp related, but this popped up in my recommendation on yt, i have no clue who these people are but it was very cute and the title caught my eye.
anyway, it's worth a watch and the reason i am sharing this is because their story reminds me a lot of dnp.
in the first bit of the vid they explained the reason they haven't announced it sooner is because they didn't want to be seen as "that gay couple on YouTube" and they previously had denied their relationship to fans.
guy on the left was a fan of the guy on the right cause he does youtube, they met up and liked each other, started flirting and now they're in a relationship.
the guy on the right said "the reason i was attracted to him was because his personality and everything about him is so bright and glowing, since i'm normally just a gloomy person, i gravitated toward him."

so yeah, sounded pretty familiar to me.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

that was actually quite a nice trailer- it's hard not to feel a little bad knowing you're not going to see the show (I have FOMO like you'd never believe), but it's still great to see everyone enjoying themselves nevertheless. It gives you enough to get hyped without spoiling anything really (unless you have a really its definition for spoilers), and is just really well done. This is what 8.5 years of editing tips gets you ;)

as for Dan's next video: I'm kinda thinking it'll be something big, but honestly that might just be setting myself up for dissapointment. plus, I'm not exactly dying for content, so I'll just try to not think about it and let it happen eventually. I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless of what it's about, although if his next upload is in September and he's been thinking about it for this long then I don't think it'll be just another ISG or "filler" content, but rather something really meaningful and impactful. ...did that make any sense whatsoever? I'm just rambly, I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore so I'll just go.

oh, and congrats @Ataraxia25! Being in their trailer is super cool, I'm so glad for you :love2:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

ratlad wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:36 am not directly dnp related, but this popped up in my recommendation on yt, i have no clue who these people are but it was very cute and the title caught my eye.
[YouTube] https://youtu.be/wwaDUHB3v_8 [/YouTube]
anyway, it's worth a watch and the reason i am sharing this is because their story reminds me a lot of dnp.
in the first bit of the vid they explained the reason they haven't announced it sooner is because they didn't want to be seen as "that gay couple on YouTube" and they previously had denied their relationship to fans.
guy on the left was a fan of the guy on the right cause he does youtube, they met up and liked each other, started flirting and now they're in a relationship.
the guy on the right said "the reason i was attracted to him was because his personality and everything about him is so bright and glowing, since i'm normally just a gloomy person, i gravitated toward him."

so yeah, sounded pretty familiar to me.
im watching it and theyre giving me the heart tickles. thanks for sharing this! it is quite uncannily similar to deppy's situation and to see the positive responses on this video from the comments gives me hope.
whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:43 am as for Dan's next video: I'm kinda thinking it'll be something big, but honestly that might just be setting myself up for dissapointment. plus, I'm not exactly dying for content, so I'll just try to not think about it and let it happen eventually. I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless of what it's about, although if his next upload is in September and he's been thinking about it for this long then I don't think it'll be just another ISG or "filler" content, but rather something really meaningful and impactful. ...did that make any sense whatsoever? I'm just rambly, I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore so I'll just go.
hence why im lowkey nervous. again, it could literally be ANYTHING, but at the same time, dan being really vague and casual about it flips my "a storm is coming" switch. i do agree that something that hes been "thinking about for a long time" would be a pretty serious topic along the lines of his daniel and depression vid. whatever it is, its gunna be big. i wasnt really worried when he first talked about it in his liveshow and maybe im just 1% more on guard now while consciously keeping my expectations low because at the end of the day, its just dan being dan.
"you are next to me in my life"
Phantasy
woodland creature

ratlad wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm

i'm going to be very disappointed if dan doesn't possibly talk about something, last time he talked about nothing... he's over here just vaguebaiting us! he better talk about absolutely something, i'm holding him to it.

“vaguebaiting” what a perfect term to describe Dan's video teasing habits. :tu: :lol:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

I liked the trailer! It had good editing. Makes me even more sad I can’t go to any of the shows though :/
:transheart:
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 pm
Anyway, I wanted to drop this tumblr post here because I seriously recommend downloading this if it's your thing.
The art is ridiculously cute and wonderful, and it's really just a lot of fun to have those little guys climb around your screen (and the artist put in so many cute features, like a little Phil just jumped down from the top of my screen to play some naked fortnite as I'm typing this).
THIS! is amazing! i downloaded it last night and those little guys are so fun to watch move around. it actually motivated me to do some work on my laptop just so i can have them in my peripheral. I highly recommend you check it out and go support the artist cause I'm just shocked by how good it is

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

It looks like the trailer went live less than a minute after I'd set my alarm and gone to bed. It's a shame I crashed before 1 am on Midsummer's Eve of all days when you're actually supposed stay up late. :lol:

Speaking of which, Happy Midsummer to everyone celebrating!

edit: Ooh, I'm morning quiff now! I loved being moon room, though, and it feels like it passed by too quickly. :cry:
George
sad dimple

ratlad wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm i'm going to be very disappointed if dan doesn't possibly talk about something, last time he talked about nothing...
Thanks, I nearly choked on my breakfast. :rofl:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
human
dan hand trash

JustMarie wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:52 pm Just arrived home and I haven't watch the trailer

I want to know if it shows spoilers? I'm a 100% no spoiler type of person but I want to see the good editing (thank god my show is in two weeks cuz i'm getting the urge to just watch it)
As Dan said in their liveshow lol YES. It's spoilery. So avoid 100% until after you show if you don't want the content and vibe of the show spoilt!
liola
rankussy

ratlad wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm

You just made me spit my coffee on myself I adore you lmao :love2: :rofl:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I watched the tour trailer and loved it. The song used in it is so good! It’s just a shame they didn’t release it sooner as it made me sad I’m not going to anymore shows! I really hope they have plans for a dvd at the end of the tour.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

missemma wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:26 pm I watched the tour trailer and loved it. The song used in it is so good! It’s just a shame they didn’t release it sooner as it made me sad I’m not going to anymore shows! I really hope they have plans for a dvd at the end of the tour.
I'm playing the trailer on loop now just for the music. :lol: It also made me sad that I'm not seeing the show again, so I'm seconding the wish for a tour DVD.