Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:07 am
I know there are words coming out of Dan's mouth but all I see is Phil in the background.
Literally me :stan:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Here's some video of Phil hitting Dan in the dick three times at last night's show under the cut as it spoils a section of the show. Bless @mamaphan for uploading it!
This video is absolutely hilarious and Dan getting so increasingly agitated is so funny.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Catallena wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:30 pm It's here!! Today's liveshow has been uploaded on the In Depth Bants YouTube channel for your convenience.

Like last time, all credits go to the wonderful @sonicgreen :love2:
<3
Phantasy
woodland creature

Can we all just appreciate name they chose for the coach... “The Princess Bus of Dreams and Bants” <3

Pretty clear they are sharing the bus this time around... I’m guessing with Marianne and the merch girls? The roadies and other lads have the other bus I would guess.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phantasy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:20 am Can we all just appreciate name they chose for the coach... “The Princess Bus of Dreams and Bants” <3

Pretty clear they are sharing the bus this time around... I’m guessing with Marianne and the merch girls? The roadies and other lads have the other bus I would guess.
I'm pretty sure the merch girls are on the other bus from their insta stories. My guess would be dnp sharing with Marianne, Anna (if she's with them) and Charlie
alien
procrastinator

I'm watching the liveshow and at 21:36 they start talking about whether or not they miss home. Dan says no, it's been so fast, and Phil starts talking about calling his parents and while Phil is talking Dan says that he's scared to go home. Phil asks why but the conversation moves on before we get an answer from Dan. Anyway, I thought it was curious and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it? Why would Dan be scared to go home? I'm thinking maybe just loss of structure/purpose in his day to day life like he gets from being on tour?
Phantasy
woodland creature

Amiaw wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 am
Phantasy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:20 am Can we all just appreciate name they chose for the coach... “The Princess Bus of Dreams and Bants” <3

I'm pretty sure the merch girls are on the other bus from their insta stories. My guess would be dnp sharing with Marianne, Anna (if she's with them) and Charlie
Ah! Was curious who it might be and I don’t follow the crew that closely.

On a different note, I completely love how nearly all of Dan’s insta likes these days are reserved for queer artists and friends...

lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

alien wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 am I'm watching the liveshow and at 21:36 they start talking about whether or not they miss home. Dan says no, it's been so fast, and Phil starts talking about calling his parents and while Phil is talking Dan says that he's scared to go home. Phil asks why but the conversation moves on before we get an answer from Dan. Anyway, I thought it was curious and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it? Why would Dan be scared to go home? I'm thinking maybe just loss of structure/purpose in his day to day life like he gets from being on tour?
that is quite curious and an odd thing to say. my guess is that maybe hes scared to face his responsibilities once they come back home? i recently just got back from a long vacation where we travel out of country and i lowkey didnt wanna go back and immediately go to work (our flight landed past midnight and we still had to drive about hour that by the time i got home it was 1am, fell asleep nearly 2am, only to wake up 5 hours later to get ready for work - which ended up being a stressful week cz we had an outbreak and was greatly understaffed lmao)

anyways, maybe danny boy is having a wonderful time right now and doesnt wanna let that go. i do remember him mentioning one time that he likes being "busy" since it takes his mind away from bad thoughts (dont quote me on that, i vaguely remember which ls it was). or maybe hes just scared to go home because he doesnt want their honeymoon to end
"you are next to me in my life"
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Dan, at ii chicago: "Except, I'm inserting myself into you."

(context, what context?)
(j/k, context provided when I finish the transcript)
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

dnp remind me of ernie and bert except x-rated in that ii vid
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Rize liveshow timestamps!

:18 - ding ding, ding dongs
:33 - Dan and Phil Bus Live Show jingle needs to work.
:59 - They're in Minnesota.
1:06 - Fargo talk. They're hopeful for accents.
1:49 - Phil got too hot on the bus so he turned up the aircon.
2:14 - Phil woke up and his feet were blocks of ice, then he demonstrates how he was holding the light when he woke up. I don't understand this but I still appreciate it.
2:32 - He had a really bad night, also woke up at 5 in the morning and his phone charged fell into his forehead and it scared him. "It was like all my dreams had been shattered."
3:00 - Sleepless Nights with Phil 5 - Dan informs us that will be Phil spooning a lamp in his bunk.
3:11 - Sister Philip; Phil says he's generally a chilly person and likes to be cozy.
3:48 - Phil is having terrible sleep on the bus. Dan is having a dank time, puts in his ear plugs and bye bye.
3:51 - Meerkat Phil; merch team walks by and he wants to know what they're up to.
3:57 - Dan impersonates Meerkat Phil.
4:07 - Phil can't sleep when the bus moves. He moved back to a top bunk.
4:32 - Dan is not in the bunk underneath Phil, depriving Phil of the ability to fall on him. Phil informs us he could still do morse code against the wall to ask Dan if he's still awake.
4:32 - According to Dan, it's Thursday and we're all feeling sexy. Smirky Phil in the background.
4:52 - Dan demands Phil start making background music as Dan introduces the giveaway.
5:02 - Dan's pouty little 'ohh :(' when Phil stops singing. Phil resumes singing.
5:30 - Phil feels that the bowl has a unique texture and, as is standard, his first inclination is to rub it on Dan's face.
5:33 - "Do not rub Derek against other dimples without consent, please, thank you."
6:38 - Bear kayak viral video callback.
6:50 - "And this guy's dream is to be a game show host? Are you kidding me? Lester, this is a mess."
8:21 - Phil can't count and Dan clearly finds this too fucking adorable based on the megawatt smile.
10:24 - They intro the next giveaway, for video shoutouts/signed polaroids/a painting by Dan and Phil.
11:45 - Phil offers to hold the camera in case dan's arm is tired. Dan says no, he's happy, and idk the exchange is just cute. They're just fucking cute, okay. Goddamnit. Why is it all so cute.
11:50 - Rize spon over! Chicago discussion commence.
11:54 - Dan says they had pizza; Phil clarifies that Dan had pizza. They explain what Chicago pizza is, in a tone of mild disgust and also wonderment.
12:15 - Too much cheese for Phil.
12:25 - Phil was impressed by Dan only having one slice left.
12:43 - Phil in the background of Dan's pizza monologue: "I love a crust." complete with smirk and eyebrow raise. I don't understand it, but I like it?
13:02 - Phil can't handle the thickness. It is too thicc and juicy for Phil.
13:45 - Talking about how they eat on the tour bus.
14:09 - Snack cupboard tour. There is a forbidden snack cabinet. Inventory of snacks shown: popcorn x3, marshmallows, sour gummy bears, flaming hot cheetohs, kale chips, coffee, bananas.
15:28 - Whiteboard shot; The Princess Bus of Dreams and Bants.
15:34 - Shopping list: kitchen wipes, shaving gel, throws, healthy snacks, cereal dads for Dan, interesting soft drinks.
15:49 - Loads of alcohol and party stuff: Not Shown.
16:04 - Dan's official apology to Muse: Something Human has grown on him.
16:50 - Dan: "Luck is the byproduct of busting your fanny."
17:03 - Phil accuses Dan of having a dirty mind.
17:15 - Phil: "You can say vagina. It's just a body part."
17:30 Dan: "You're softly whispering vagina in my ear."
17:44 - They used their pimped out bunk stuff to enhance the gaming video background.
18:00 - Post liveshow plans: have lunch (salad, apparently?), Phil make a thumbnail, upload.
18:08 - Video hyping/advance apologies.
18:36 - Second gaming video towards the end of the weekend, since they got their bags back and could film.
18:51 - Discussion of upcoming tour stops. They only have two weeks left on the tour bus as of tomorrow.
19:16 - They both have a crisis over the passage of time.
19:34 - Phil admonishes Dan for not recognizing that Phil is in fact fabulous and nice. Don't fuck with him, Howell. The man knows his worth.
19:48 - Detroit: Become Human. Phil is gonna play it in his own time, after the tour he's going to lump out and play it.
20:12 - Phil's merch. Phil encourages Dan to say that his website looks good.
20:28 - Phil: "I'm gonna get you wearing it, Dan." Dan says that sounds like a threat.
20:30 - Dan: "All you need to do is softly whisper vagina in my ear and I'll be like, I'll do anything, just stop, just please stop."
20:37 - Phil is going to wait until Dan is asleep then open the corner of his bunk and whisper, "Wear my merch."
20:44 - Return of the front bum conversation.
21:00 - It's raining. Phil will have a droopy quiff.
21:11 - Phil starts talking about something and idk to be honest he's quoting Friends and that's a shitty show and what he's saying doesn't make a ton of sense but I like how he pops the k when he says 'bunk' and the moral here is that I support him.
21:30 - Phil watches Friends once every two years. Dan agrees it is the best. They're both wrong.
21:38 - Dan doesn't miss home. It's been so fast.
21:40 - Phil facetimes his mum and dad every so often.
21:43 - Dan says he'll be scared to go home, Phil asks why but Dan ignores the question to say he doesn't miss anything about home.
21:48 - Phil: "It's 'cause you're hanging out with me, Dan." and Dan mock retches.
21:52 - Then Dan clarifies he means material possessions. Phil says he misses consistent internet, Dan misses the sofa crease and that's it.
22:18 - They have to eat a salad and upload a video.
hello9217
flower crown

alien wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 am I'm watching the liveshow and at 21:36 they start talking about whether or not they miss home. Dan says no, it's been so fast, and Phil starts talking about calling his parents and while Phil is talking Dan says that he's scared to go home. Phil asks why but the conversation moves on before we get an answer from Dan. Anyway, I thought it was curious and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it? Why would Dan be scared to go home? I'm thinking maybe just loss of structure/purpose in his day to day life like he gets from being on tour?
Maybe its because of how much he loves touring. He did say meeting people is one of the best things for his mental health and I have no reason to doubt that he meant that. I think both he and phil seem so happy right now and I think the biggest reason is the tour. They really love doing it and making people happy and actually getting to see that in person instead of just reading words on a screen well I'm sure it really is a great experience. Idk why he would be ~scared~ to go home, I feel like disappointed would be a better word. :shrug:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:02 am Dan, at ii chicago: "Except, I'm inserting myself into you."

(context, what context?)
(j/k, context provided when I finish the transcript)
/eyes emoji
ame wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:48 am
that is quite curious and an odd thing to say. my guess is that maybe hes scared to face his responsibilities once they come back home? i recently just got back from a long vacation where we travel out of country and i lowkey didnt wanna go back and immediately go to work (our flight landed past midnight and we still had to drive about hour that by the time i got home it was 1am, fell asleep nearly 2am, only to wake up 5 hours later to get ready for work - which ended up being a stressful week cz we had an outbreak and was greatly understaffed lmao)

anyways, maybe danny boy is having a wonderful time right now and doesnt wanna let that go. i do remember him mentioning one time that he likes being "busy" since it takes his mind away from bad thoughts (dont quote me on that, i vaguely remember which ls it was). or maybe hes just scared to go home because he doesnt want their honeymoon to end
hello9217 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:17 amMaybe its because of how much he loves touring. He did say meeting people is one of the best things for his mental health and I have no reason to doubt that he meant that. I think both he and phil seem so happy right now and I think the biggest reason is the tour. They really love doing it and making people happy and actually getting to see that in person instead of just reading words on a screen well I'm sure it really is a great experience. Idk why he would be ~scared~ to go home, I feel like disappointed would be a better word. :shrug:
I do think that it probably has a lot to do with how he said he thrives on a schedule like that where he knows exactly what he needs to do each day. It's not really something he's ever had to encounter as an adult - or hell, even a teenager - and succeeded at it, so I can imagine it's exhilarating to learn that he's capable of being successful and functional when push comes to shove. Basically, I agree with the gist of both of these answers.
knq
lava lamp

Basically just agreeing with what's been said above. I've worried about Dan returning home a few times over the course of their tour. I kind of forget why? I must have thought he seemed depressed in the months before they left London and markedly less so once they were touring. I couldn't say whether that's what Dan's referring to, of course. He and Phil both tend to use the word scared in novel ways.

I hope Dan adds some more structure to his daily life when he goes home, though. Flexibility is important, no doubt; they'd both burn out if they just kept touring like they are now, but being able to set your own schedule when you're prone to procrastination, depression, and staying inside isn't an ideal situation to be in either.

Question! Did Phil complain about not being able to sleep when the bus was moving last tour? Because every time he mentions it I'm like: didn't they live and sleep on a bus for months at a time before? Just, you know, curious if it's been mentioned. Because if not I'm going to assume it's actually sleeping alone that's not working out for Phil. Dan's a superior heat source. :philtrash:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

watsonian wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:41 amQuestion! Did Phil complain about not being able to sleep when the bus was moving last tour? Because every time he mentions it I'm like: didn't they live and sleep on a bus for months at a time before? Just, you know, curious if it's been mentioned. Because if not I'm going to assume it's actually sleeping alone that's not working out for Phil. Dan's a superior heat source. :philtrash:
I really don't think they were on the tour bus that much last time. The US leg was not nearly as packed; they had a few pockets of 3-4 shows in a stretch but far more times when they'd have one show with a day or two off between. I assume this was because they had a much bigger budget (dat Youtube + book publisher money) and needed to schedule in time to actually go places and see things for DAPGO purposes. They flew between US cities more than they seem to have this tour so far.

Having an actual bed might have made a difference for when they were sleeping on the bus as well. Or - cover your ears, phantis - sleeping alone in a bunk if he's used to sleeping beside someone might be contributing to his poor sleep this time.
kalli
butt chair

In one of the interludes of brockhampton's radio show tonight they literally said "we're giving the people what they want"

I can't believe they came for dnp's branding like that... Dan would be SHOOK
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Didn't watch the Rize show yet, but quickly watched the DAPG video before work. I hope the video was a lot of fun for Americans cause honestly, I don't know where any states are so the gameplay was rather pointless.
Good bants, though I am mildly irritated by that banana throw? I know, it's their relationship with their dynamics and all, but if someone threw a banana at my head like that, I'd be pissed, lol.

Prediction: I doubt they'll do actual AAA gaming on a laptop so the rest of the DAPH-on-the-road videos will likely be website or flash games too.
knq
lava lamp

LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:48 am Didn't watch the Rize show yet, but quickly watched the DAPG video before work. I hope the video was a lot of fun for Americans cause honestly, I don't know where any states are so the gameplay was rather pointless.
Good bants, though I am mildly irritated by that banana throw? I know, it's their relationship with their dynamics and all, but if someone threw a banana at my head like that, I'd be pissed, lol.

Prediction: I doubt they'll do actual AAA gaming on a laptop so the rest of the DAPH-on-the-road videos will likely be website or flash games too.
Dan and Phil are rougher with each other than I’d let anyone be with me, and I think that must be true for the majority of their fans with how quick they are to defend their ‘bants.’ Phil’s rather compact snowball to the face and some of the unplanned hand shocking in II both go on my mild squicks list. But they react to each other like the other’s just done the cutest cleverest thing. What the fuck is that? They have the strangest relationship smh.

I’m American and I don’t know where any of the states are either. :shrug:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Just caught up with the liveshow and Phil is just the best thing ever right now. I had a weird dream about him so that's softened me up (he'd done something wrong so a few people were travelling to meet him to cheer him up, but by the time I got there he'd had enough and gone home, then he turned up on the back of the bus I was going back on, along with a load of other people, fans, I guess, and he and Dan told us how they were taking a break to Lanzarote soon so they'd see us in the autumn. Weird, but having missed him, I was really happy to see him after all) and now he's on the stream being cute, chirpy and pretty.

I can only recommend Paul McKenna's sleep CD so many times before people actually see it or care, he'll have to figure that out himself, poor hot/cold, lamp-hugging boy.

I've still never seen Fargo, even the original film, but I remember it looked good. Maybe I'll watch that now this heat is making it hard to do much.

Phil's dream is to be a gameshow host? I'm here for that on prime time tv, go for it, Lester. I mean, I was hoping for a novel or film script someday cos I want to know what he'd come up with, but that's also my dream, so whatever.

I was a bit sad not to win some snazzy sunglasses, but I'd love the painting, that's hilarious. I watch so many art-tubers and I can only imagine their painting style, especially a collaborative effort. Goodness knows how much they'd argue about it.

I love the snack cupboard, four kinds of cereal, three flavours of popcorn, sour gummies and "Healthy! Healthy!" alert from Phil so we know they also have kale chips in there. Well done, Phil, I'm very proud (ngl, I had a salad the other day and was also quite proud cos I usually don't bother. I was worried the fancy lettuce would be all bitter, but it was all right).

For some reason shaving gel on the shopping list amused me the most. They're always so clean-shaven, I guess I don't think about it.

They've got another 5 or 6 weeks of the tour after they finish America, until the middle/end of September, and with the same number of shows since it's way more spread out. Hopefully they'll get out and see some things, and show us.

They could play an AAA-type game on the gaming laptop, that's what they're made for, but who knows what they're planning. Detroit Become Human is an adventure story game, as Phil said it has lots of talking, so judging from the Dream Daddy fail they won't want to do any more of those. I like the look of it, but don't have a PS4 and there are about 3 games I like the look of so it doesn't seem worth buying one.

Phil convincing Dan to wear his merch by whispering in his ear, wow, no wonder Dan's happy to throw bananas at his head.

I can understand if the theories are right about Dan not wanting to be structure-less and back to normality after the fun of the tour, it's such a whirlwind of meetups, shows, travelling and sightseeing, the crew all being together and the time going so quickly. I have similar trouble with procrastination and not going out, I prefer the days I have work (freelance now and not full-time yet), but still can't force myself to go out or do a lot of creative stuff, that's become like a job now only no one's holding me to it so it's harder to start. I hope he'll be okay.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

watsonian wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:16 am
LtrllySusan wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:48 am Didn't watch the Rize show yet, but quickly watched the DAPG video before work. I hope the video was a lot of fun for Americans cause honestly, I don't know where any states are so the gameplay was rather pointless.

Dan and Phil are rougher with each other than I’d let anyone be with me, and I think that must be true for the majority of their fans with how quick they are to defend their ‘bants.’ Phil’s rather compact snowball to the face and some of the unplanned hand shocking in II both go on my mild squicks list. But they react to each other like the other’s just done the cutest cleverest thing. What the fuck is that? They have the strangest relationship smh.

I’m American and I don’t know where any of the states are either. :shrug:
I definitely feel like their comfort line with being physically rough in a playful way is beyond what a lot of people would be comfortable with, but it's definitely a personal dynamic thing. Maybe also a 'two guys' thing - if a guy ever threw something at me I'd probably react far more strongly than if a girl did. They're well matched in general size and strength so it probably feels less threatening on a base level.

I did a similar states quiz after the video and got like 38 of them right so basically same. I'm sure at one point I knew them all but sorry midwest squares you all baffle me.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

re watching the new video
5:21- dan's turn
P: please get it wrong...
D: *gets it wrong*
P: NOOO SO CLOSE!!!!! (he seems disappointed even though he wanted dan to get it wrong anyway??)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
dancy
procrastinator

They really gave us a live show and gaming video on the same day, bless! Rize worked better this time around as it didn't glitch or crash but my phone got hotter than ever before and it drains my battery like crazy, so there's still some improvements to be made. The liveshow itself was really nice though! I'm surprised that Dan managed to eat so much of that deep dish pizza because the last time he spoke about that exact pizza in a live show, he said he could only have 1.5 slices. Performing must make you hungry! And then there were a bunch of other lovely moments like Phil's dream job being a game show host (well... he's got experience with game shows), Dan's smile while Phil was counting how many names were left, "you can say vagina, it's just a body part", Phil facetiming his parents (cute) and "I don't miss anything from home" "Cause you're hanging out with me, Dan" ! They didn't say when the next live show would be, did they?

I agree that Dan probably enjoys the structure that a schedule gives to his life and that he's going to miss having that when he's back in London. I recall him saying he works well when he's busy and gets used to the tour lifestyle pretty quickly, along with both him and Phil talking about how they love touring and meeting fans in real life. It's a lot of work but it's also more rewarding and "real" than what they usually do at home.

As for the gaming video, I quite liked that too! Honestly, I only know the location of a handful of states so I wouldn't have done much better than them. And the babuse moment reminded me of when my mom once threw a banana at my head and her argument was that it looks like a boomerang and she wanted to see if it would also come back :roll: I most certainly did not end up smiling like Phil did.

I'm excited about the other gaming video Phil said would be coming towards the end of the weekend! I wonder what it'll be? They've played 1-2-Switch on the tour bus and I'd love to see another video of that but maybe it's gonna be whatever they used the Flamin' Hot Cheetos for? Some sort of challenge?
knq
lava lamp

I want to say I fully support any goals Phil may have of being a gameshow host. I love that Phil is a person who comes up with games and forces (Dan's word) people to play them at gatherings. For as often as Phil seems to do this, I don't think it makes it into his 'what to do in a new/awkward/scary situation like going to Uni' advice nearly enough!

Also, this bit of @alittledizzy's timestamps made me giggle more than the actual video:
5:30 - Phil feels that the bowl has a unique texture and, as is standard, his first inclination is to rub it on Dan's face.
5:33 - "Do not rub Derek against other dimples without consent, please, thank you."
<3

On I'm-pretty-sure-that-was-an-innuendo watch, Phil at 16:25 "It was a grower." :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

watsonian wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:40 pm On I'm-pretty-sure-that-was-an-innuendo watch, Phil at 16:25 "It was a grower." :D
Oh yes, "a grower, not a show-er" ;)
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Hey guys! Off-topic, but I'm popping by to ask if there's anywhere (either here, or on Tumblr?) to sell an ii ticket? I've got a pretty close seat for the LA show (row c) that I would really hate to go to waste. :love2:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««