Dan & Phil Part 79: calm down there bub

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
snokoplasmic
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

I never expected Phil to change his filming location, since it's kind of a Big Thing to just up and change with no explanation, so I'm just so excited that we'll finally be able to hear what happened last week!!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

You know what? If Phil doesn't wanna return That Room to its original purpose of holding cleaning supplies, FINE. I GUESS.

But can he at least redecorate? After all these months my eyes actually caught fire seeing that duvet and the wirrow poster. And I like my eyes :(
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 pm Aw the jewelry box AP room makes a return :love2: I was expecting it tbh but you know what? At least there's no tatinof props in shot anymore - that's what i call an improvement. Can't wait for the video!
I thought the tatinof props were hilarious, but probably not super appropriate for this vid. I just hope the giant sharpie returns for pinof 10.
knq wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 pm Have we seen Phil in that jumper before? Either it's beautiful or clothing just looks beautiful once Phil touches it, I'm not sure. The effect is the same either way.

I love seeing clocks in anything they post. It looks like Phil filmed that IG story ~50 minutes before he shared it.

I'm really, really, really looking forward to the Phil video. I'm wondering what the tone will be like--I could have gone without hearing a trip to the hospital described in terms of "bants" and it makes me wonder if Phil's tendency to stay positive while talking about serious topics might give the story a weird vibe. I'm happy he's making content and sharing however much he's comfortable with either way, though.
I’m having a hard time getting a good feel for it in the story, it seems to have a bit of glitter and some lighter cuffs. I don’t think we’ve seen it before. Perhaps this is the new multilayered (is that the word he used?) one he said we might see in an upcoming vid.

The use of the term “bants” might be sarcasm, but he does tend to keep it light. His ‘sup’ in the beginning of the story making himself giggle is cracking me up <3

I’m fine with as little or as much Dan as he wants to include in this but I think a ‘I Nearly Blinded Myself’ amount would be appropriate.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

Catallena wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:47 am You know what? If Phil doesn't wanna return That Room to its original purpose of holding cleaning supplies, FINE. I GUESS.

But can he at least redecorate? After all these months my eyes actually caught fire seeing that duvet and the wirrow poster. And I like my eyes :(
Yes to all of this! If the AP room is here to stay, can he PLEASE get a new duvet style that’s not like the one had at uni a DECADE ago
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

just did some backreading. i really really want a gamingmas. especially now it's been nearly two weeks since they uploaded anywhere. my prediction (aka what i want to be the case) is that they're taking some time now to pre-film december gaming videos and they'll try to go for a full gamingmas and if pinof happens to land in december they'll give it a few days' space on either side to let it have it's moment.

that's what i want at least. and i'm telling myself it's a possibility because i think they'd already have broken the news to us if gamingmas wasn't happening this year. plus would they really deprive us of spooky baking AND gamingmas all in the span of a month? with how well they've been treating us lately i really think they're going to at least give it a go.

also...i kind of think people are overexaggerating the seriousness of phil's trip to the hospital. the fact that they've told us about it at all AND the fact that phil's making a video about it says to me that it's something they're ok having a laugh about. they were taking stories IN the hospital room. and it's not like phils videos are usually serious and dramatic. i've cracked jokes while on suicide watch in the ER and made light of the situation when i went to the hospital for an accidental overdose of one of my medications. not everything has to be life or death. if phil's ok enough to do instagram stories in the hospital and make a light video about it i don't think people need to keep treating him like he's got glass bones and paper skin.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

missemma wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:49 pm Not gonna lie though I am really going to miss the advent calendar this year, not to mention the 2019 deppy calender, my 2 favourite pieces of merch always. I wonder what made them not do one, they could have used some tour images or something if they didn’t have time to put one together.
I'm still bummed about the calendar too! The 2016 calendar was the first piece of merch I bought from Dan and Phil (unless you count TABINOF as merch), and, now that I think about it, their calendars are the only non-tour merch I've ever bought.

One thing that I think could potentially be a factor in them not doing a 2019 calendar is that it may not be profitable. I seem to recall the 2016 and 2017 calendars both being sold at huge discounts late in the year, and the 2018 calendar is currently being sold at $1.50 (88% discount) on the US shop. I suspect they have difficulty selling all of the calendars they do print, and I suspect they are unwilling to print fewer calendars because it would mean selling them at a higher price. I'm sure they're all too aware of the fact that YouTubers get criticized for selling merch that's too expensive, and I suspect that they don't want to joint that club.

Like I said, I don't think this is the definitive reason that they're not doing a 2019 calendar, but I do think that it could possibly be a factor. :shrug:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
sugar
eclipse shirt

not to hop in again so soon BUT, i'm not convinced it's all about the money. obviously they're cheap now. it's november. no one is going to pay more than that for a calendar that will be useless other than as a collector's item in a month and a half. i
think that if they had an idea they were passionate about they'd do it anyway.

i do think it's more down to the fact that they didn't have an original idea for a calendar that really struck them. they said last year that there weren't really any plans for a calendar until martyn had brought up the idea of a dog calendar. plus i think they were just too busy. yes, they could have just used tour images but it's not like them (read: dan) to half ass something like that just to get a product out.
starwatersong
phabergé

Not a #spon (okay, kind of one), but some people on Twitter have been creating a fan art calendar (I’m not associated with it; I just thought it was a cool idea).

Edited to mention that the proceeds are going to YoungMinds.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love the calendar idea - I do wish Dan and Phil would put one out, but hell, I'd probably just buy theirs and the fandom one too.
Ablissa
pastel persona

This is like a card game of google feud so I like it. :ribena:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Did Dan really just judge another persons messy hand writing?
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

video made me smile and laugh, so that's good. wonder why the early upload? could the phil vid drop tomorrow? tonight? ok i doubt that, but hopefully tomorrow. dnp are adorable and unstoppable thank u.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ablissa
pastel persona

The video was good, it made me laugh. They definitely gave off vibes... in a good way. I like how they don't mention the fact that this is basically Google Feud :lol:

Also, this is a pointless comment but
PHIL WITH VISIBLE ROOTS AND STUBBLE
DAN'S HAIR 10/10 AND DIMPLY SMILE
YES.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

What's up with the early upload? Those guys, you never know what to expect and when.
The video was very cute and it's obviously a card game version of Google Feud which I'm very pleased about because I loved when they played it.

First of all - we're all Greg.
Loved the look they shared when Phil said 'Do i have a small..' and the way they ALWAYS seem to react when the word 'girlfriend' comes up. :lol:
Also, to the question of how it's possible to die, I expected Dan to say something like 'same' when one of the answers was 'loneliness'. I don't know exactly why, maybe because it seemed a very easy On Brand joke to make, but I was kinda surprised he didn't say anything. Good, though.
pearshaped34 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 pm Did Dan really just judge another persons messy hand writing?
LOL, preach. Like, Dan you have the worst handwriting i've ever seen in my entire life, please sit down.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was a cute video. I'm a little disappointed it's not the drum game just because mentally I was ramped up for that one, I want to see Dan playing something he loves. But this wasn't bad. Fourteen minutes of them giggling and snickering is always a win in my book, I don't ask for much.
kavat
pastel persona

That was both cute and funny. I love how they always get slightly awkward as soon as they have to talk about girlfriends :lol:
Ataraxia25
flower crown

they were so funny and flirty i loved it!!
dan's hair is so gorgeous wow
i also think their reaction for "girlfriend" was funny!
:gayaf:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

A cute and fun video, nothing too special but still good. To get the superficial out of the way, I love Phil's hair in this! For as much as I love the stark black, the hint of roots always looks so great. And I agree, idk who Dan is to have a go at Phil's hand writing smh (like we don't have a doc trying to decipher his dream journal in tabinof bc his writing is so awful). The girlfriend bit was funny too. And I know it's been long established that their minds are constantly on sex but man that was so evident in this one video. The sex tip section definitely made my mind go to a very specific place so thanks Dan, and especially thanks to Phil.
liola
rankussy

Dan yourself I'm dnp not being able to ever keep a straight face whenever the world girlfriend comes around.

Cute video, really confused by the early timing, boys looking extra cute 13/10 would pinch both' cheeks. The natural roots plus light stubble on Phil definitely made my sufferings more bearable 💙
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Google Feud printed on cardboard, Big Potato are truly the kings of low effort moneymaking. I didn't like it as much as the normal Google Feud videos, I think because one person already seeing the answers kinda gives the whole thing a different vibe. imo it has more charm and entertainment value as a dumb online game.

Thankfully at least Dan and Phil were very entertaining which made up for anything that the game lacked :D

Commentary:
- Phil's sigh after he tries to move on the conversation but Dan is on a tangent about browsing history.
- I think Dan's description of Big Potato is pretty spot on ngl.
- D: "We're gonna play with each other in our own way."
- Dan has no right to drag other people's handwriting with those chicken scratches of his.
- Why is Phil going all 'yikes' at the answer about marrying your cousin as if he wasn't telling people about his own grandparents like it was cute story to tell at parties a few years back :')
- I now wonder if Dan gets horny from exercise? If so, that personal trainer probably doesn't only do wonders for Deppy's fitness. 8-)
- Dan's reaction to 'girlfriend' lol
- D: "If you need a sex tip..." P: "Bite." Hmmmokay boys.
- That shared look at 'Do I have a small...' smh these naughty 12 year olds.
- P: "You're the anti-Aguilera. I'm Aguilera, you're..." D: "Christina Antichrist."
- Dan was so offended at the suggestion that he himself would ask whether trees could move.
- Final Roundussy. The meme never dies.
- Dan shaking his head while invading more of Phil's personal space, as Phil tries to bullshit his way to a point.
- No need to come for Danny Gonzalez's Gregs there.
- Wait. They're like ~oh whoever gets a correct answer first wins SUDDEN DEATH blah blah~ and then Dan has a correct answer and then... they continue? Am I dumb or what? I've been sick for a couple of days, did the cough medicine affect my brain? By their own rules shouldn't Dan have won? :hmmm:
- Phil's wish saves the pandas! Also lol @ Dan and his wish uhh.. not coming true.
- I bet Phil tried to get something out of his win for the rest of the day because that's the kind of person he is.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hello9217
flower crown

Catallena wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:40 pm - Wait. They're like ~oh whoever gets a correct answer first wins SUDDEN DEATH blah blah~ and then Dan has a correct answer and then... they continue? Am I dumb or what? I've been sick for a couple of days, did the cough medicine affect my brain? By their own rules shouldn't Dan have won? :hmmm:
This is true but technically dan still should have one the first round because they said you get two points if your main one is there and you get one if your bonus is there and they did that for one round with Phil and then switched to just giving two points if they were both there. So Dan had 7 and Phil had 6 therefore dan should have one this game no matter what.
The thing I love about sudden death though is that Phil knew dan won. He threw the card away once dan got it right but when dan made it seem like they were still competing Phil didn't say anything and just kept playing. ~cheeky~ Wouldn't be a dnpgame if they didn't mess up the scoring though :shrug:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Catallena wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:40 pm - Wait. They're like ~oh whoever gets a correct answer first wins SUDDEN DEATH blah blah~ and then Dan has a correct answer and then... they continue? Am I dumb or what? I've been sick for a couple of days, did the cough medicine affect my brain? By their own rules shouldn't Dan have won? :hmmm:
I think Dan got confused over who went first. If he had went first then Phil would have still gotten a turn after he answered correctly because they both need to have an equal amount of turns but as Phil had went first, Dan getting the answer right should have ended the game.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

pearshaped34 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 pm
I think Dan got confused over who went first. If he had went first then Phil would have still gotten a turn after he answered correctly because they both need to have an equal amount of turns but as Phil had went first, Dan getting the answer right should have ended the game.
Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened. Even in suddenly death it would be won by the first person to get a question right in the same turn as the other person got it wrong - otherwise it'd be unfairly balanced toward whoever started - but they confused who actually started.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

hello9217 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 pm This is true but technically dan still should have one the first round because they said you get two points if your main one is there and you get one if your bonus is there and they did that for one round with Phil and then switched to just giving two points if they were both there. So Dan had 7 and Phil had 6 therefore dan should have one this game no matter what.
The thing I love about sudden death though is that Phil knew dan won. He threw the card away once dan got it right but when dan made it seem like they were still competing Phil didn't say anything and just kept playing. ~cheeky~ Wouldn't be a dnpgame if they didn't mess up the scoring though :shrug:
I think they said you get two points if one of your answers was the top answer (i.e. not just on the list but the popular search) and none of Dan's were that's why he didn't get two points for any of them.

I think the scoring in the game was correct by the rules they set it was just the end where they messed it up.
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

I have no idea how to upload a pic (hi my name is greg) buuuuttt the split second tiny smile ~look~ Dan gives Phil at 12:19 killed me dead. IDK why it’s not significant really but it was just so soft and fond and cute <3