If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
gnostic
morning quiff
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by gnostic » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:51 am

Winston wrote:
gnostic wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
human wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
gnostic wrote:Well...
ahahaha :platonic:
*Made the if you don't ship phan why not thread many months ago*

...


we still need to wait and see what's gonna happen next. maybe it's all a glitch in the matrix :(
I am not climbing the phan hype bandwagon just yet, but I may have also lost my tickets to "just friends" train. Time will tell

Not going to lie, I visit that train quite a bit almost daily but lately it is less and less.
Fuckin' Gaymas, right?
Just here for the marketing skills



User avatar
Anonymousse
flower crown
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:20 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Eastern Europe

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Anonymousse » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:55 am

I went phan-agnostic after the BONCAS, and now I'm back here in my warm bin because of something that someone said somewhere. (bluebox-away on Skype basically).

That was kind of... proof for me... tbh...

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged


gnostic
morning quiff
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by gnostic » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:56 am

Anonymousse wrote:I went phan-agnostic after the BONCAS, and now I'm back here in my warm bin because of something that someone said somewhere. (bluebox-away on Skype basically).

That was kind of... proof for me... tbh...
Why BONCAS tho?
Just here for the marketing skills

User avatar
Anonymousse
flower crown
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:20 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Eastern Europe

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Anonymousse » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:01 am

gnostic wrote: Why BONCAS tho?
For two BROS that used to be #NoHomo so much it hurt to be like that on stage... Especially for Phil to "make the first move", it seemed to me to be "too much" in case Phan is real.

So it was the overload in a VERY public setting in front of their "peers" rather than in the comfort of their couch to act like that seemed make me phan-agnostic.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged


User avatar
Winston
blobfish
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Winston » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:34 am

Anonymousse wrote:I went phan-agnostic after the BONCAS, and now I'm back here in my warm bin because of something that someone said somewhere. (bluebox-away on Skype basically).

That was kind of... proof for me... tbh...

What did bluebox-away say to send you back in the bin?
actions speak louder than words

User avatar
julian
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by julian » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Why do I ship them or why do I believe they're together? Those are two very different questions and one of them I would prefer to not go down such a rabbit hole at this time of day haha.

Well, I started shipping them mainly because they already had a fandom and they seemed like a sweet ship (ah, my innocence). I have more reasons for shipping them nowadays, but I guess also more reasons for not shipping them as well.

I find their story to be quite beautiful. It's almost eloquent—a younger boy is not the happiest, living a kind of shitty life, meets a happy, kind, older boy and the older saves the younger. They become friends and meet and already have so much chemistry. They spend three years of pure happiness together, and the younger boy's life is saved; he's happy, he has a job, and he's found love. They're young and living the highs of 'just-adulthood'. And then they go through rough times and it seems like everything is falling apart but it all pieces together again and they're happy again and it's not quite the same but it's not worse either; they're happy again, and while it could never be the same as when it was just the two of them with only a couple hundred to consider themselves actual fans, it's the best journey they've ever taken.

Reasons why I sometimes don't feel shippy? Because, honestly, I'm probably going to annoy some people, but Phil is an exceptionally good person and Dan is just... Normal. Dan's not a bad person. But Phil has shown exceptional kindness on so many occasions and such strength of character in getting over the death of his friend. I just feel like Dan isn't, personality-wise, particularly good or bad for Phil.

But hey, most of the time, I feel shippy, and I don't mean to start an argument :) I just wanted to answer the question as fully as I could.
Image

shoe
zombie goose
zombie goose
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:06 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by shoe » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:53 pm

emerald wrote:Why do I ship them or why do I believe they're together? Those are two very different questions and one of them I would prefer to not go down such a rabbit hole at this time of day haha.

Well, I started shipping them mainly because they already had a fandom and they seemed like a sweet ship (ah, my innocence). I have more reasons for shipping them nowadays, but I guess also more reasons for not shipping them as well.

I find their story to be quite beautiful. It's almost eloquent—a younger boy is not the happiest, living a kind of shitty life, meets a happy, kind, older boy and the older saves the younger. They become friends and meet and already have so much chemistry. They spend three years of pure happiness together, and the younger boy's life is saved; he's happy, he has a job, and he's found love. They're young and living the highs of 'just-adulthood'. And then they go through rough times and it seems like everything is falling apart but it all pieces together again and they're happy again and it's not quite the same but it's not worse either; they're happy again, and while it could never be the same as when it was just the two of them with only a couple hundred to consider themselves actual fans, it's the best journey they've ever taken.

Reasons why I sometimes don't feel shippy? Because, honestly, I'm probably going to annoy some people, but Phil is an exceptionally good person and Dan is just... Normal. Dan's not a bad person. But Phil has shown exceptional kindness on so many occasions and such strength of character in getting over the death of his friend. I just feel like Dan isn't, personality-wise, particularly good or bad for Phil.

But hey, most of the time, I feel shippy, and I don't mean to start an argument :) I just wanted to answer the question as fully as I could.
When did you find them, and the phandom, and start shipping?

User avatar
julian
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by julian » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:09 pm

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:
emerald wrote:Why do I ship them or why do I believe they're together? Those are two very different questions and one of them I would prefer to not go down such a rabbit hole at this time of day haha.

Well, I started shipping them mainly because they already had a fandom and they seemed like a sweet ship (ah, my innocence). I have more reasons for shipping them nowadays, but I guess also more reasons for not shipping them as well.

I find their story to be quite beautiful. It's almost eloquent—a younger boy is not the happiest, living a kind of shitty life, meets a happy, kind, older boy and the older saves the younger. They become friends and meet and already have so much chemistry. They spend three years of pure happiness together, and the younger boy's life is saved; he's happy, he has a job, and he's found love. They're young and living the highs of 'just-adulthood'. And then they go through rough times and it seems like everything is falling apart but it all pieces together again and they're happy again and it's not quite the same but it's not worse either; they're happy again, and while it could never be the same as when it was just the two of them with only a couple hundred to consider themselves actual fans, it's the best journey they've ever taken.

Reasons why I sometimes don't feel shippy? Because, honestly, I'm probably going to annoy some people, but Phil is an exceptionally good person and Dan is just... Normal. Dan's not a bad person. But Phil has shown exceptional kindness on so many occasions and such strength of character in getting over the death of his friend. I just feel like Dan isn't, personality-wise, particularly good or bad for Phil.

But hey, most of the time, I feel shippy, and I don't mean to start an argument :) I just wanted to answer the question as fully as I could.
When did you find them, and the phandom, and start shipping?
it was actually really recent, around spring of 2015, so i've only been around for a year and a half! i don't remember exactly when but around that time i think c:
Image

victorycafe
Senpai
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:43 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Canada

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by victorycafe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:44 am

When I first started watching their videos, I think it was 2012, and the possibility that they were anything other than close platonic friends never occurred to me... now of course I realize that was because it was 2012, lol. I remember hearing about 'phan' back then but I wasn't very active on tumblr, etc, so I thought it was just one of those things where people semi-jokingly ship two clearly straight friends despite there being no evidence. Around this time, however, I did come across the first PINOF and thought they seemed to have been awfully close at one point; especially Phil's tackle at the end. Then life got in the way, etc, and I became a very occasional viewer of their videos for a while.

THEN, Dan's diss track came out. :D it feels weird to admit this now, but since all I'd really known previously of D&P was their videos and their 2012 personas, "wtf even is your sexuality?" was really the first time it occurred to me that 'phan is real' might not be just a joke (and that Dan might not be 'just straight'). So I did some tumblr browsing, found all the tweets and timeline sort of stuff from 2009, etc, and now I am quite certain that they at least WERE together at one point, and their recent behaviour (closeness/openness in videos as well as the BONCA stuff) makes me believe they are together currently as well.

Phew sorry that was so long! I guess I would say I 'ship' them; I find their interactions really sweet and if they are together, I would consider it a really nice case of a love that has deep friendship at its core.

heart eyes howell
Squish
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:32 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: up dan's ass

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by heart eyes howell » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:03 pm

I really have no clue on how I started shipping it but I'm thankful I do.

The things that keep me going, though, are..

Image

Image

Image
@danielhowell: something relatable

User avatar
Skylar
long-time wanker
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Pronouns: they/their/them
Location: the deep south
Contact:

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Skylar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:12 pm

oh boy lets go on a rollercoaster ok

so! if you want a full explanation on how i found out about deppy it's in that one thread on how ya found them, but. onto phan.

i believe, i found a gif of theirs from their halloween baking video with the graveyard. i tagged it as phan, bc that's what i heard their shipname was. i was interested in their ship and whether they were together. so uh.. since i was like 14, 15 and really dumb, i didn't look up any of the timelines or stuff like that i think. instead i just watched a LOT of videos with them together, and a fuck load of phan video tribute things, like moments of them with songs or whatever, stuff like that. oh god i remember getting so many songs from those tributes stuck in my head. i think whenever i came home from school i would immediately begin watching more phan videos. i had (still do) a llama hat and wore it constantly. i still wear it even now on occasion.. ;-; i have seen the 'voldy' video. i..think that's basically what sealed the deal for me.

i was a hardcore phan shipper back in the day. i legitimately thought they were together. i still do think they are together. but if they're not, that's ok with me too. i was just huge fuckin phan shipping trash back in 2012/2013, despite what dan had said about the voldy video and phanti proof blogs. i guess i didn't believe him, bc i thought the videos i had watched with them in it and the voldy video were proof enough for me. i didn't understand how something that seemed so genuine to me could just be a joke. i still think it's a legit video and not a joke but

that's basically the gist of it
Image
"My friends mustn't see the midnight in me.."

Ktn
not a first-time poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Ktn » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:39 pm

My story is probably going to be a lot shorter than most people's.

I found Phil first in 2014, whilst I was searching for weird Google searches and came across the My Google Search History video. I then found Dan and quickly binged all of their individual videos and collabs. Then swiftly fell down a rabbit hole of timelines, the V Day video etc. My conclusion is they've been together since 2009/2010, with a rough patch in 2012. I think the V Day video is real.

This will make people who don't believe roll their eyes - but I'm Phil's age, and in my experience two people don't interact the way they do (the chemistry, familiarity, tenderness, the way they compliment and bounce off of each other) without being in a romantic and sexual relationship. In my mind you also have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to excuse the fact these bros have been living together for .. what, 6ish years now? with no other partners or even passing interests having been on the scene. It just doesn't really happen.

I ship them because it makes me happy to watch them being happy, and it makes me believe in ... whatever they have.

seaphil
not a first-time poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by seaphil » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:34 am

I started watching them in 2011 and thought they were a couple. It wasn't until early 2012 when i became thoroughly cough invested cough and Dan had his mini meltdown on tumblr that I fully believed Phan wasn't real. I felt bad shipping it even, so I refrained. The chemistry and the fact they were actually a couple in 2009 convinced me that they were good for one another, but I didn't fully ship it again until 2015/2016 when there was definitely a shift in demeanor. Right now I ship it because damn if they're not romantically involved that sucks, because they're spending their lives together anyway.

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
hobbit hair
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Susanisnotafish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 am

This is the content I came for! I was literally just thinking I wanted to talk about this topic. When I first subscribed I thought that they were just friends bc my daughter said that's what they said. I took them at their word. Then I found voldy and the old tweets/formspring/daily booth and now I would say I 99% believe they are in a romantic relationship. The 1% doubt being that Dan has denied that Phan was real in the past. He hasn't lately though. I'm not sure if Phil has ever denied it. I know he said once in one of his younows that voldy was a joke. Having seen it I don't believe that it was fake. I don't believe Phil would say
when you kissed me for the first time my heart did that flappy over thing and it's never done that before" for a prank.
I do believe he would lie to make Dan happy and to keep the relationship with Dan. I've read this entire thread and no one has brought Dan's personality type ( INFJ) into their reasoning. If you read about this type it says how fiercely private they are. So I believe Dan had to lie about voldy to basically survive. Either that or separate from Phil, which I don't think he will ever do. I don't know if the screenshot of the Dan comment on voldy is real, but it basically said
he would stay with Phil as long as Phil wanted him.
I don't really understand the theory of them having been together back in the day and now being just friends (that havent been apart for more than a week since they moved in together). I don't think they'll ever make a coming out video or do it in a book. I think we won't know unless they eventually marry each other or others or adopt a child together. I do think if they move into another apartment together or especially if they buy a house, that's even more proof.

Another theory I've had is that Dan is bi-romantic or panromantic and asexual. Sometimes I think he talks the innuendo but may not walk the sex. That way he could say Phan isn't real bc it's sexualized and he wouldn't be lying. But I saw an old tweet or formspring where he said he wasn't a virgin and that he'd had sex with his teenage girlfriend. But as he himself said in a younow, sexuality is fluid; so he could be asexual now. So could Phil.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

anathema
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:10 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: hell

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by anathema » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:53 am

Susanisnotafish wrote:This is the content I came for! I was literally just thinking I wanted to talk about this topic. When I first subscribed I thought that they were just friends bc my daughter said that's what they said. I took them at their word. Then I found voldy and the old tweets/formspring/daily booth and now I would say I 99% believe they are in a romantic relationship. The 1% doubt being that Dan has denied that Phan was real in the past. He hasn't lately though. I'm not sure if Phil has ever denied it. I know he said once in one of his younows that voldy was a joke. Having seen it I don't believe that it was fake. I don't believe Phil would say
when you kissed me for the first time my heart did that flappy over thing and it's never done that before" for a prank.
I do believe he would lie to make Dan happy and to keep the relationship with Dan.
Why are you assuming Dan was the one who didn't want to come out? And that Phil had to lie "for him"? I find it most likely that they came to a mutual agreement about not coming out, and for whatever reason Dan was the one who denied it while Phil just (for the most part) kept his mouth shut.
I mean, for all we know Phil could've been the one who didn't want to come out and Dan was the one lying for him to make him happy (though I doubt that too).
Also, why don't you think Phil would say that for a prank?
Another theory I've had is that Dan is bi-romantic or panromantic and asexual. Sometimes I think he talks the innuendo but may not walk the sex. That way he could say Phan isn't real bc it's sexualized and he wouldn't be lying. But I saw an old tweet or formspring where he said he wasn't a virgin and that he'd had sex with his teenage girlfriend. But as he himself said in a younow, sexuality is fluid; so he could be asexual now. So could Phil.
I'm really curious about this, especially the parts in bold. Do you have a basis for this theory, or is it more of a "this is something I've thought about, that could be true but I doubt it" type thing? (Also sorry to ask so many questions :? )
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
hobbit hair
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Susanisnotafish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:31 am

I feel like Dan has the stronger opinion about keeping their private relationship private bc he was the most vocal about denying Phan and voldy being real back in 2012. I agree they probably did discuss what to do when voldy leaked, but Phil seems much more chill and mature about it than Dan. Also I think (and I don't know this for fact bc I don't actually know them IRL) that Phil has a harder time lying than Dan, so it makes sense to me that he would avoid saying voldy and Phan aren't real (if they actually are). The quote from Phil in voldy just seems too legitimate of a thing that phil would actually say. I don't think he would kid around about something so life-changing (if real).

The asexual theory is just a thought or maybe intuition that I have as I am in an asexual marriage. Even with all their inuendo, to me they both seem uncomfortable about sex, but this could be bc they are so private. And who knows what they are like IRL.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
hobbit hair
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Susanisnotafish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:57 am

I forgot to say the other thing that majorly convinces me deppy are romantically involved: the blog footage of the 2009 YouTube Halloween gathering where Dan puts his arm around Phil's waist as they're getting off the escalator. Just don't think a bro would do that gesture to another bro.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
julian
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by julian » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Susanisnotafish wrote:I'm not sure if Phil has ever denied it. I know he said once in one of his younows that voldy was a joke.
does anyone have the link to this younow? i'm curious.
Image

malday
trash
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by malday » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:59 pm

@Susanisnotafish
the comment under voldy is real. it's been discussed before.
Image

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
hobbit hair
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Susanisnotafish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:53 am

I found a video that has the clip of Dan putting his arm around Phil back in 2009 that I mentioned is one of the two Phan proofs that make me believe it is real. It is near the end at 3:57. I also have to say that even tho this vid title is comedic I disagree with actual gender stereotyping.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
LeftHandedism
long-time wanker
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by LeftHandedism » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:45 am

Susanisnotafish wrote:I found a video that has the clip of Dan putting his arm around Phil back in 2009 that I mentioned is one of the two Phan proofs that make me believe it is real. It is near the end at 3:57. I also have to say that even tho this vid title is comedic I disagree with actual gender stereotyping.
I have a guilty pleasure of reading YouTube comments, and the reactions to the clip at 2:52 ("kisses at the top of a farris [sic] wheel") are pretty extra--expressions of profound shock and requests for trigger warnings . A refreshing change from all the admonishments not to mention "that" video, anyway.

I do also agree with you that Dan puts his arm around Phil the way a boyfriend would, not a bro.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
hobbit hair
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Susanisnotafish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:54 am

I've been over in the Dan customer service answers and reread his answers about him and Phil never having dated and suddenly my 99% belief that Phan is real is slipping. I never thought of myself as a shipper, just someone who actually believed. Now I'm rethinking. I wonder if he would make those same statements today. When I look at these recent pics Phil's posted I tend to still believe. I guess I will feel better if they move together again. I feel like actions speak louder than words. As long as they don't marry someone else, it could still be real. I mean Barry Manilow just finally confirmed he's gay and that in 2014 he married his boyfriend of 35 years (during which time he lived with a woman for a while).
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
LeftHandedism
long-time wanker
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by LeftHandedism » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Susanisnotafish wrote:I've been over in the Dan customer service answers and reread his answers about him and Phil never having dated and suddenly my 99% belief that Phan is real is slipping. I never thought of myself as a shipper, just someone who actually believed. Now I'm rethinking. I wonder if he would make those same statements today. When I look at these recent pics Phil's posted I tend to still believe. I guess I will feel better if they move together again. I feel like actions speak louder than words. As long as they don't marry someone else, it could still be real. I mean Barry Manilow just finally confirmed he's gay and that in 2014 he married his boyfriend of 35 years (during which time he lived with a woman for a while).
As in so many things, you can take comfort in Shakespeare (Hamlet Act III, Scene II, line 230ish):

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Whether you take the Customer Service Blog to be vehemently affirming or vehemently denying, it's definitely a bit extra.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
hobbit hair
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by Susanisnotafish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Reasons why I sometimes don't feel shippy? Because, honestly, I'm probably going to annoy some people, but Phil is an exceptionally good person and Dan is just... Normal. Dan's not a bad person. But Phil has shown exceptional kindness on so many occasions and such strength of character in getting over the death of his friend. I just feel like Dan isn't, personality-wise, particularly good or bad for Phil.
I'm just wondering if you still feel Dan is not exceptional? Could you elaborate? I'm just curious bc although my appreciation for Phil has grown and I agree he is extraordinary, I also am so impressed by Dan's intellect and personality, especially his quick-witted comedy and his eloquent, thoughtful ramblings.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
julian
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm
Pronouns: he/him

Re: If you ship Phan…when/why did you start shipping it?

Post by julian » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Susanisnotafish wrote:
Reasons why I sometimes don't feel shippy? Because, honestly, I'm probably going to annoy some people, but Phil is an exceptionally good person and Dan is just... Normal. Dan's not a bad person. But Phil has shown exceptional kindness on so many occasions and such strength of character in getting over the death of his friend. I just feel like Dan isn't, personality-wise, particularly good or bad for Phil.
I'm just wondering if you still feel Dan is not exceptional? Could you elaborate? I'm just curious bc although my appreciation for Phil has grown and I agree he is extraordinary, I also am so impressed by Dan's intellect and personality, especially his quick-witted comedy and his eloquent, thoughtful ramblings.
I dunno. I just don't feel like Dan's anything more than an average person who got lucky. I like him, just like I'd like people I know personally, but he's just... not that exceptional? I mean, if you compare Phan to my other ships (which are all fictional, which might make all the difference), I could name an exceptional quality which I could admire in what I ship which makes me say that I ship something, but Deppy's relationship is... cute? And? I mean, there are a million couples out there which could have their bond. It's admirable, sure, just not that special to me. I dunno. Maybe I'm just losing interest in Deppy as people.
Image

Post Reply