Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Thank you Phil Lester for posting that photo and thank you for wearing your glasses.

I didn’t know how much I needed that photo but I did. 💙💙💙
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
noodlebum
flower crown

This is all so exciting! Can't wait for Vidcon videos/content from everyone there. Feels like it's 2014-ish again :D
kavat
pastel persona

Vidcon was the last thing I expected from them this year, what a lovely surprise! And just think of all the possibilities in them meeting creators. Give me a Contra + Dan selfie, please!

The Muse concert :happytears: and they shared it with us :happytears: what a lovely turn of events!
Mia
spork

A bit surprised by VidCon as well, it's been a while since they did that sort of thing. They've done separate panels before so that's no surprise. Phil's diary may even be a bit empty for some joint content with Saf... (I'm not even sorry for suggesting that) 8-)

Looking forward to Dan's return but also worried it could disappear again. It'll be about mental health for sure

Made me smile to see the Muse selfie for all the reasons :happytears:
human
dan hand trash

Eeee! I was at the Muse gig last night too, sitting opposite the stadium to them but it still made me happy to know they were there. I think they didn't attend the Drones tour so I'm glad they went to this one, it was an incredible show. Hope they enjoyed it!

Excited to hear they'll be at Vidcon; wonder how they're generally perceived in the Youtuber "fandom" now, as the feel from SITC is that people are kind of long over Deppy, they've moved onto fresh younger blood (no offence boys but when I look at the lists of "popular" guests and see people tweeting excitedly about who's going, I don't know ANY of them lol) so I'm kind of hoping Vidcon won't be too crazy for them and they can focus on contributing interesting viewpoints to the panels and just have a bit more of a relaxed time without the crazy stampede that was the last year they went to SITC, lol.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Awww, they both liked this!
liola
rankussy

Did we comment about Phil taking the II dvd promo off his instagram bio? That was still there before the vidcon announcement, wasn't it? It really feels like it was a Joint Decision After Things Slotted Into Place uh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Wow, I'm away from the internet for a day and I come back to find the phandom has fallen through a time warp. Or maybe it's just me. :alienmpreg:

Either way, I'll take it and look forward to a great June, July, and beyond!

<3 :prideheart: <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So with a day to recover, how is everyone feeling? Did the selfie make people feel more secure about Dan's coming back? Or is there still tepid feelings about Vidcon + the upcoming video?
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm still delirious after yesterday tbh. Super happy to see that things are happening, although selfishly, I think the selfie made me even happier than the whole Vidcon thing haha.

On the other hand, I understand people who are a bit :shrug: about the whole thing. It feels like once again, they're dropping something on us out of nowhere after a long silence. I'm not bothered because I just want them to come back, but I understand people who aren't ready to jump right back to being as invested as they used to be.

Someone on twitter said Dan would upload this next week - did he say so anywhere and I missed it?
autumnhearth
senpai

^ I think that was just someone confusing the M&G entry deadline with the date of VidCon. They are a month ahead of themselves.

Really annoyed with my body for needing so many naps lately. I keep missing stuff, like the Muse joint selfie being posted.

Receipts for the other four times they saw Muse:
The first time was at Wembley, the second at Reading Festival, the third I assume was in London (correct me if I’m wrong) and the fourth was while they were in NYC. I came across a Dan tweet from 2015 saying he needed to see them in concert again, so this was a long time coming. :love1:

Same thought about Phil’s shirt, I was like what kind of pride flag is that? Could be pan with some ace thrown in, lol. :panheart: :panflag: :panheart: Happy Pride! :rainbow: :prideflag: :prideheart2:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ablissa wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:08 pm I'm still delirious after yesterday tbh. Super happy to see that things are happening, although selfishly, I think the selfie made me even happier than the whole Vidcon thing haha.
Same, lol. The selfie was the thing that made me really happy, more than vidcon + dan's upcoming vid combined, because all I wanted, what I truly missed, was seeing dnp together in something that wasn't a creepshot or a fan encounter or for a giveaway or merch or with other people, so like... yeah, that selfie is my NOURISHMENT and I feel blessed and grateful(and also I am enamoured with Dan's expression in that pic. He looks so happy and relaxed :love2: ).

Anyway, that doesn't mean I'm no longer mad at them because I still am, mostly because they keep dropping bombs out of nowhere with no warning and that stresses me out (those 5 mins between vidcon announcing Phil and announcing Dan were pure hell yesterday, I still need to recover from it).

Let's just say that there's enough space in my heart to be annoyed with them and also be a trashcan for their married life.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I don’t think I’ll feel entirely ‘better’ until I have at least a vaguely better idea of what their next steps are, which hopefully Dan’s video/Vidcon/whatever else is coming will clarify in some way.

(I’m so nervous for his vid. The bombshells he could drop!! ...or he might not, who knows. But either way, I’m definitely both very excited and very anxious for it.) I really hope this is the beginning of the end of the hiatus, but I’ve also learned not to get my hopes up.

Having said that, yesterday was wonderful and comforting (and panic inducing for those five minutes, oh my god) and I was so, so happy to see their pic. They looked so happy. :happytears:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I'm not feeling better. Seeing Dan in a photo on Instagram, at this point, feels the same as seeing an irl friend in a photo on Instagram. Normal, cool, double tap, move on. Which bums me out. I miss the excitevent of seeing my faves post something new. Sad emoji
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:02 pm
The first time was at Wembley, the second at Reading Festival, the third I assume was in London (correct me if I’m wrong) and the fourth was while they were in NYC. I came across a Dan tweet from 2015 saying he needed to see them in concert again, so this was a long time coming. :love1:
They also saw Muse at Big Weekend in Norwich in May 2015. Dan mentioned it in his June 2, 2015 Younow.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
PhancifulPhil
smol bean

Do you think we will be getting a Phil video this week?
kavat
pastel persona

PhancifulPhil wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:53 am Do you think we will be getting a Phil video this week?
If he's going back to posting a video every 10‐15 days that sounds plausible. It also leaves room for hype of Dan's video, which I'm pretty sure will drop after the 1 year anniversary of his last upload on the 22nd of June.
knq
lava lamp

I was wondering the same thing. It seemed like Phil was planning on pre-recording his Q&A right before he posted his Q&A, so I'm curious what his plans are at the moment. World tour of music concerts in the sunshine? I'd be into it.
autumnhearth
senpai

Susanisnotafish wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 am
autumnhearth wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:02 pm
They also saw Muse at Big Weekend in Norwich in May 2015. Dan mentioned it in his June 2, 2015 Younow.
Huh, boys can’t count then.

Uh surely my status should say homo, not hobo especially this month. Hmm that’s an idea, queer statuses for June (yes, I understand this is different from Halloween).

Oh and I fully expect Dan’s video will relate to mental health, what with the VidCon panel. What angle it will take, who knows? :shrug:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:50 am Huh, boys can’t count then.
Didn't we already know that? :lol:
obvsly
#relatable

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:50 am Uh surely my status should say homo, not hobo especially this month. Hmm that’s an idea, queer statuses for June (yes, I understand this is different from Halloween).
Queer statuses for June has my full support. But lady door is so good as it is so no need to turn it into.. um.. lady back door? :oops: *runs away*
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

knq wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:35 am I was wondering the same thing. It seemed like Phil was planning on pre-recording his Q&A right before he posted his Q&A, so I'm curious what his plans are at the moment. World tour of music concerts in the sunshine? I'd be into it.
He did say filming a couple videos that weekend, so it could be that he really does have another one banked.

It used to be common that he and Dan wouldn't post within a week or two of each other, though; I wouldn't be shocked if Dan has a video happening this week if we don't hear anything from Phil until after that. If Dan's waiting until next week then Phil could definitely drop something in the next few days, though.
Grey
lady door

I’m feeling ready to be disappointed again.

The main thing giving me “hope” is that as far as I understand, they don’t need to sell a certain number of tickets for vidcon. It’s not like their own show where they benefit from the maximum number of tickets told... they presumably get paid the same amount by vidcon regardless. This means they didn’t just post that selfie to improve sales. It means they posted it because they felt like it. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway.
I'm having a stress.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Grey wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:09 pm I’m feeling ready to be disappointed again.

The main thing giving me “hope” is that as far as I understand, they don’t need to sell a certain number of tickets for vidcon. It’s not like their own show where they benefit from the maximum number of tickets told... they presumably get paid the same amount by vidcon regardless. This means they didn’t just post that selfie to improve sales. It means they posted it because they felt like it. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway.
If Dan didn't make a video to promote his actual own world tour or his own merch, then I absolutely don't think he's making a video to promote Vidcon. Same with the selfie; if he hasn't posted any this year to help Phil with his struggling views or sell his own merch, I really really don't think Vidcon is gonna reach the height of priority that they'd posted a selfie just for that.

I think that him being ready to make a video and come back to online life just coincided with a con where they can reach out and meet fans and prove their engagement and get some content banked from that. (Personally I"m hoping they're on Youtubers React again, because as underwhelming as some of those videos can be they've also presented us with some delightful moments too.)
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Hello fellos! This is my main-thread debut. Starting from the bottom (of the page)

I'm beyond excited that Dan is at Vidcon, and that selfie made me feel very happy deep inside. I had begun to irrationally catastrophise that Dan was leaving the internet for good, etc, so this all came at the right time. June is blessing us!

What I would love to see from him most - this is just an out-there thought - would be some interesting, maybe long-form thoughts from him about mental health, internet fame as a teenager, influencer culture etc. He had his pulse on tumblr/meme culture, and I want to see his take on what has changed on the internet and what effects that could have.

I wonder what he has in store!
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap: