Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Ablissa wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:03 pm Dan........ why did you make me watch this. :lol:
(nsfw video)
Bets on one of them finding this and showing the other, and then them starting to reference this? Also any bets on Dan making a queer joke about it? Either way I'm laughing and slightly disturbed

edit: oh no top of the page :facepalm2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Dan that is so cursed 😰😂

I too did a double take at his tweet but then again this is Dan. Looks like his own brand of shade with a little self deprecation.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Cool3DWorld is particularly fun to watch while tripping. Makes me wonder if that's how Dan knows about it as well. D&P tripping is something I'd pay money to experience lol
the candlelight by the crescent moon
knq
lava lamp

ngl I liked it better than the notebook
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Seeing this gifset just.... fills me with all the love feelings.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I'm so late to the party but I just wanted to chime in and say how much I love Phil. His video was so warm and comforting, and I loved how comfortable within himself he seemed. Hearing him say "I'm gay, I'm happy, it's great" makes me so happy my heart could burst, he deserves all the happiness in the world. It was also so clear that he's been out to himself and in his personal life for a long time, as opposed to Dan's more recent (and perhaps more tumultuous?) sexual identity journey. The video was definitely lowkey and I love that for him, and I hope he feels loved and supported (but not overwhelmingly so, as I think by going for lowkey he was trying to avoid making a huge deal). Love him!!!!!!!!

Also just wanted to send my love to all trans people on this forum, you're awesome and valued and you belong in the LGBT+ community. It makes me happy to know that Dan (and Phil) despise transphobia and other forms of prejudice within the LGBT+ community, and I hope you feel loved and welcome. All TERFS and other transphobes (since not all transphobes are radical feminists, there's plenty of transphobia in liberal feminist communities and also outside of feminist communities) do not belong at PRIDE, and I don't appreciate their presence on this forum.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alas we are at peace.

can't wait 'til saturday, y'all. can. not. wait. :prideheart2:
basicallyimlesbian
tol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:40 am Seeing this gifset just.... fills me with all the love feelings.
it was such a joy to see how natural it is for him to say. you can tell he's said it hundreds of times and I'm v happy for him
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m late to chime in on this, but after my fourth rewatch last night, the bits about coming out to the lady at the shops and letter carrier definitely felt tacked on as jokes. Whereas coming out to the I people he’s worked with (and live near apparently) felt genuinely part of his narrative. I don’t find it hard to believe he/they were out at the BBC. This also would include the folks who worked on their tours, perhaps their publisher/editor, obviously their managers and everyone at IRL. Keeping these people in the loop saying ‘hey I’m gay, but we don’t want that made public’, might have kept their sexualities and relationship safer than leaving co-workers guessing or even unsuspecting when a possible fan asks them if Dan and Phil are a couple and they are possibly taken aback by the question.

As for YouTubers I imagine Phil (and Dan) were out individually in the beginning with their small queer UK group as well as peers on Dailybooth, yes this includes Cat, though perhaps just as bi (given his Formspring answer and bi just being on trend in that group). I think they were out (as a couple) to some of the people on the Jamaica trip, based on a conversation (I think the word debate or argument was used by Olga) being had about lifestyles and fan photographs in a vlog. Obviously Bryony, PJ and Chris and probably most of the people they collaborated with, there’s got to be a level of trust there and keep in mind that Hazel represented them at one point.

Obviously the big gay YouTubers from that convention pic that aged well. I don’t think that’s the secret Phil told Tyler during their collab, I think he already knew and that it was something more specific, maybe not even having to do with sexuality. Beyond that I don’t think there’s any reason they would tell other YouTubers from 2011 onward that they weren’t working directly with about it (yes I know I am blurring Phil being gay with them being a romantic couple and that that might not have always been the case) I don’t see them drunkenly announcing it at a convention party. So basically there has to be a some established trust and/or a practical reason.

Of course all the YTers were talking privately when the video leaked, I forget who admitted that, but I doubt anyone bought the it was a prank thing, which wasn’t ever made as an announcement, just in a few DMs and then later on the Customer Service blog. I don’t think there was ever actually a Tweet about it as that would draw unwanted attention (correct me if I’m wrong). But they knew, I think Bryarly knew when she said to fans in a (livestream?) they weren’t dating. What Cat was thinking when she referred to Dan as her straight friend in a tweet, who knows.

That’s just my take on it. :shrug:

Ooo rewatching the pregnancy terminology vid sounds like a great idea!

Also :transheart: :transflag: :transheart:
noodlebum
flower crown

The pregnancy terminology video is hilarious in general on re-watch, even more knowing they're both gay and with some of their silly answers. Phil is on another level with his imagination haha
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

noodlebum wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:10 pm The pregnancy terminology video is hilarious in general on re-watch, even more knowing they're both gay and with some of their silly answers. Phil is on another level with his imagination haha
I just rewatched it and absolutely died at the expression Dan directs at Phil when Phil claims he knows a bit about the birds and the bees.
noodlebum
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:59 pm
noodlebum wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:10 pm The pregnancy terminology video is hilarious in general on re-watch, even more knowing they're both gay and with some of their silly answers. Phil is on another level with his imagination haha
I just rewatched it and absolutely died at the expression Dan directs at Phil when Phil claims he knows a bit about the birds and the bees.
Yes! Dan's just like 'yikes' :lol:
alien
procrastinator

I decided to watch the pregnancy term video too since you guys were talking about it. Have the comments been disabled before recently and was it talked about somewhere? I don't remember.

edit just to say I still can't believe dan called the vagina a rude area like wtf lol
firsttimeposter
living flop

alien wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:31 pm I decided to watch the pregnancy term video too since you guys were talking about it. Have the comments been disabled before recently and was it talked about somewhere? I don't remember.

edit just to say I still can't believe dan called the vagina a rude area like wtf lol
All of Louise’s videos have disabled comments as she makes videos with her children and suddenly it’s the creators fault that some disgusting p*dophiles watch those on YouTube, and not the p*dophiles fault... ugh. It’s happened to loads of family vlog channels and stuff, and is punishing the creators which sucks:( so she didn’t disable them but YouTube did. I think this is the reason anyways, as other family vlog channels have talked about this problem.
alien
procrastinator

firsttimeposter wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:44 pm
alien wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:31 pm I decided to watch the pregnancy term video too since you guys were talking about it. Have the comments been disabled before recently and was it talked about somewhere? I don't remember.

All of Louise’s videos have disabled comments as she makes videos with her children and suddenly it’s the creators fault that some disgusting p*dophiles watch those on YouTube, and not the p*dophiles fault... ugh. It’s happened to loads of family vlog channels and stuff, and is punishing the creators which sucks:( so she didn’t disable them but YouTube did. I think this is the reason anyways, as other family vlog channels have talked about this problem.
Oh wow what a mess. Thanks for the info
knq
lava lamp

alien wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:31 pm edit just to say I still can't believe dan called the vagina a rude area like wtf lol
Does rude mean something slightly different in UK vs US English? In AmazingDan I remember Dan asked if all of the questions were 'rude' when they were sexual. (Not that he shouldn't be capable of saying vagina either way, especially after Louise told him so.) Just curious if he actually called genitalia impolite.

Rewatching the pregnancy video and Louise at 9:40 saying "I love how shit you are at this" is :love2: :love2: :love2: :lol: Drag them! :lol:
noodlebum
flower crown

knq wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:59 pm
alien wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:31 pm edit just to say I still can't believe dan called the vagina a rude area like wtf lol
Does rude mean something slightly different in UK vs US English? In AmazingDan I remember Dan asked if all of the questions were 'rude' when they were sexual. (Not that he shouldn't be capable of saying vagina either way, especially after Louise told him so.) Just curious if he actually called genitalia impolite.

Rewatching the pregnancy video and Louise at 9:40 saying "I love how shit you are at this" is :love2: :love2: :love2: :lol: Drag them! :lol:
Yeah it can also mean like rude word/swear word, rude area/private area. So similar to naughty?

Rude
BRITISH
referring to a taboo subject such as sex in a way considered embarrassing or offensive.
"Graham giggled at every rude joke"
Secretstanner
truth bomb

noodlebum wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:30 pm
knq wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Yeah it can also mean rude as in naughty - like rude words I guess
I don’t think dans in capability of saying vagina I know a lot of people joke about that, myself included because it was slightly odd the way he said it. I think dan just wasn’t aware of how much her channel had changed and didn’t know if saying vagina was too explicit. In my experience normally calling it a ‘rude’ area is what you say to kids. And I agree with it also being like the word naughty too. Using thoughs words to be like it’s just something you don’t talk about.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aww, Phil. :prideheart2:
coconut
tol bean

it's been 2 whole days and i've finally gathered my thoughts, and in summary: i'm so proud of phil, this video means so much to me for so many reasons and i can't put into words how happy i am that he shared this with us. <3

i recently rewatched the festive ditl and it made me so nostalgic, but they've both grown so much in their lives and it makes me feel like we all grew together. now i'm soft :happytears:

re pregnancy: the pregnancy video really holds up. that one's a good one. i lose it every time they make a guess
<3
obvsly
#relatable

:happytears: And phil likes a whole lot of fan arts too :happytears:
i look like a pencil
tol bean

Hello :sunshine: First time poster here! I've been lurking on IDB for a few years but I've never thought of actually creating an account and interact with people (it's a bit intimidating), but after Phil's video I just had to. I just wanted to scream about it but couldn't because I don't know anyone who watches dnp.

The level of confidence and firmness (if that makes sense) that he had in the video was truly amazing but it was also very funny and heart warming. I think this is the first time I laughed so much watching a coming out video, I even had to pause it a few times. It was such a Phil video, what a man. He also provided the phandom with enough content for some incredibly funny memes, I saw that tumblr went wild with it and I loved it.

Anyway, I'm full of love for dnp and I'm really excited for what's to come! :prideflag:
noodlebum
flower crown

i look like a pencil wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:51 pm Hello :sunshine: First time poster here! I've been lurking on IDB for a few years but I've never thought of actually creating an account and interact with people (it's a bit intimidating), but after Phil's video I just had to. I just wanted to scream about it but couldn't because I don't know anyone who watches dnp.
Welcome! I also don't know anyone who watches them in real life, and am in my late twenties so feel like a bit of a weirdo other places. But I love this forum :love2:
plastictrees
drama llama

noodlebum wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm
i look like a pencil wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:51 pm Hello :sunshine: First time poster here! I've been lurking on IDB for a few years but I've never thought of actually creating an account and interact with people (it's a bit intimidating), but after Phil's video I just had to. I just wanted to scream about it but couldn't because I don't know anyone who watches dnp.
side note but it is so reassuring to find people in exactly the same situation as me (mid twenties with no one in real life who would understand why i’m obsessed with these two nerds) - god bless the internet!

Welcome! I also don't know anyone who watches them in real life, and am in my late twenties so feel like a bit of a weirdo other places. But I love this forum :love2: