Dan & Phil Part 88: orbit of uranus

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Doggo please doggo please DOGGO PLEASE :happytears: :stan:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

The JacksGap collab was how I first found Dan, though I’ve only watched it twice I think. Dan’s how not to stay cool was my favourite for a few years so I contributed a little to the millions and I watched his diss track quite a few times too. Really BIG is competing with that one as the most recent with a huge number of views, all the others have had a few more years to get there.

Dog twitter like indeed, cute ;) does this also mean there has been a moving of houses. Heck, maybe more tv work beckons and they’re the new Crufts presenters :roll:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:46 pm Interesting twitter follow from Phil 👀👀

I mean... maybe he just wants cute dog photos. Maybe he just wants to donate some money. I'm forcing myself to keep expectations low.
Who am I kidding... DOGGO. PLEASE. DOGGGGGG. DOGLET. DOG IN FOREVER HOME YES DOG DOG DOG :happytears:
noodlebum
flower crown

flarequake wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:58 pm Dog twitter like indeed, cute ;) does this also mean there has been a moving of houses. Heck, maybe more tv work beckons and they’re the new Crufts presenters :roll:
Can you imagine :o :love1:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

phandemonium wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm
Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:46 pm Interesting twitter follow from Phil 👀👀
Is my Dan and Phil get a rescue dog about to come true? :o
Kennel Club says it's a charity but it doesn't appear to be a rescue organization. What reasons would he have to follow it? Is he going to work with them, maybe? Or is he really using it as a resource? Or is this just an obvious like in true Dan and Phil fashion so we are already talking about something when they announce it and therefore they aren't dropping anything out of the blue on us, the core fanbase, because they're aware of how much that unsettles us?
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:07 pm
Kennel Club says it's a charity but it doesn't appear to be a rescue organization. What reasons would he have to follow it? Is he going to work with them, maybe? Or is he really using it as a resource? Or is this just an obvious like in true Dan and Phil fashion so we are already talking about something when they announce it and therefore they aren't dropping anything out of the blue on us, the core fanbase, because they're aware of how much that unsettles us?
I read somewhere that they have lists of certified breeders and such, so it could be...? I don't know. Maybe someone from the UK can pitch in?
noodlebum
flower crown

My money's on it being Crufts or charity related, although crufts isn't on for ages now I don't think
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Ablissa wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:09 pm I read somewhere that they have lists of certified breeders and such, so it could be...? I don't know. Maybe someone from the UK can pitch in?
You're right it's a organization that breeders of pedigree dogs register puppies with, they monitor things like blood lines to stop interbreeding, and run pedigree dog shows the only real reason to follow them if you're not a breeder is if you're looking for a dog breeder.
🐕🐶 :happytears: :rainbowtears:
Last edited by rizzo on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote for linking
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

masterofgeometry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:22 pm His current top video is the Photo Booth challenge with 16m views. I'd love to see BIG get to 10mil though.
Current Rankings:
2012 through 2015 was his/their peak when it comes to views. He's never exactly gone super viral but I think that's good for career longevity.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phanshy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm
Ablissa wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:09 pm I read somewhere that they have lists of certified breeders and such, so it could be...? I don't know. Maybe someone from the UK can pitch in?
You're right it's a organization that breeders of pedigree dogs register puppies with, they monitor things like blood lines to stop interbreeding, and run pedigree dog shows the only real reason to follow them if you're not a breeder is if you're looking for a dog breeder.
they're getting a corgi, confirmed.

don't @ me

:happytears:
knq
lava lamp

Phil's like: I kept a triop alive while I was on holiday. TIME FOR DOG. (Or maybe he saw #riptony trending and wanted to comfort his children with the idea of a new pet)

I really want them to adopt a rescue; that's so much more rewarding. If they're married to the idea of a corgi I bet there are specific corgi rescue organizations they could work with.

Seeing Dan's most popular videos just reminds me of how DAPG centered I am. It's the channel of theirs I discovered, and I was always a bit confused how in the end screen they'd recommend visiting 'our own channels.' Like, this is your channel dudes.

If I've watched the Speak Internet, Stay Cool, or Survive School videos I don't remember them at all. The Tyler collabs I've watched a few times... Honestly, I've probably watched the gay video more than any of the others. :prideheart2:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

rizzo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:47 pm
Phanshy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm
they're getting a corgi, confirmed.

don't @ me

if this pcou gives us dan gay, phil gay, forever home and doggo... how are we going to survive?
also, we'd literally have everything we ever wanted (at least, all i wanted, because i think it's what would make them the happiest)...
i can't deal people...
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
phandemonium
drama llama

It really feels like they are living their best lives. Or, their best life, rather.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

the kennel club twitter follows dan and phil. The plot thickens
flarequake
not an airport stalker

They followed back too. Interesting. They did a video at Battersea dogs and cats home years ago, maybe an video or two about dogs?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Sorry for all the posts lol but I just checked and the kennel club follows them on Instagram too and the crufts Instagram account follows dan only but their twitter account follows both
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Cool, loads of following going on. Remember to act surprised when they break their news, everyone :P
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:43 pm Sorry for all the posts lol but I just checked and the kennel club follows them on Instagram too and the crufts Instagram account follows dan only but their twitter account follows both
American here, what is crufts? Also, I would very much like Dan and Phil to get a Corgi, please and thank you.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
autumnhearth
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 am Simon’s death was pretty extra, but they weren’t big enough for it to trend back then. The Phandom Menace! I doubt any YouTubers will be recording their condolences though. Was Tony mentioned in an AP vid? If he was it was only a clip yeah? He had no proper introduction. I’m laughing that 23 year old Phil, living on his own, actually asked his parents for a hamster and they gave him triops dust. Will 2020 be the year Dan let’s Phil have a hamster? I’ve resigned myself to them not getting a dog for at least a couple years, until they know what future projects they might take on.
Well this post (from YESTERDAY) didn’t age well!
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:33 pm
Ablissa wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:08 am
Also... I haven't seen this mentioned but have you all heard that Phil is not ruling out a third world tour? Sure, it didn't sound like super promising but he did say "never say never" which is more than they used to say in 2018. I would sell my dog to see them again tbh. (okay, maybe not my dog, but I'd sell something.)
Yes! I need to rewatch, but he said something to the effect that they are done touring for awhile/this chunk of time (probably not the wording, but it’s the impression I got from it). This unfortunately ties into not being at a point in their life that they feel like they can commit to being dog owners. Big sigh. I guess we can’t have both and should probably be appreciative of their level-headedness when we know they really do want a dog.

I’m 100% for a Dan and Phil collab channel. Give me board games, muckbangs, baking, holiday crafting, DITL/vlogs and please please have a series of ‘Try New Things’ where the go out (or sometimes stay in) to experience things/try new skills. Someone’s suggestion of goat yoga has never left my head. If you can’t get a dog, volunteer at a shelter to walk dogs and vlog it (but also not vlog it too).
This one is fairing a bit better, but yeah it is about breeders. I could see them making a video or two learning more about dogs and hanging out with some corgis before committing.

I am *very* open to being proved wrong about dog owner timing.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

It’s a big annual, and televised, dog show and competition with all breeds, breeders, owners and trainers showing off the dogs. They’re judged in categories to choose the best of each breed, small dog, etc, some do a performance or obstacle course, get ribbons and cups, I think, it’s all very fancy.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Don't mind me, now scouring classical composer's wikipedia pages and google scholar for evidence of queerness.

(Not letting myself get excited about doggo. not letting myself getting excited about doggo.. not..)
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

DOG IS RISINGGGGG (maybe)
I wonder if that means they really are done with big, tour-type projects.
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If nothing else I believe that Dan and Phil don't follow anyone on twitter without understanding that we are gonna take some big cues from that kind of activity, so whether this is for a video/project/etc or adopting a dog I think this is meant to be our tip off.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil just went on a following spree on Instagram and among the accounts he liked was architectural digest. Which is an account dan also follows.
phandemonium
drama llama

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:24 pm Phil just went on a following spree on Instagram and among the accounts he liked was architectural digest. Which is an account dan also follows.
Forever home and a dog confirmed :ribena: :tinfoil: