Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

When they moved last time they did go on holiday (or were they on tour?) just before as if to let moving people do the work while they were away. Maybe...
bevioletsky
glabella

Does this really mean we’re going to get holiday insta stories from Japan of all places?? 🥺 I feel slightly dumbfounded rn, in a good way. Phil was so happy and funny and high-energy today, it was so nice! Other highlights included him setting the record straight on Norman being a Shared fish and His son, as well as the clown music in the beginning... I’m glad it wasn’t intentional because it was driving me a tad crazy and I was seriously questioning his taste in background music then.

Speaking of music, Dan was v cute on ig too, and he is so right about Magdalene, I was terrified that it wasn’t going to live up to the inevitable expectations that had been building up but it’s so good. Kind of heartbreaking but incredible. I’ve basically listened to nothing else the whole weekend. (Also has he collected records before? If yes, how have I missed it?)
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:51 pm
knq wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm What chaotic being made IMissDanAndPhilGames the top fan on Phil's liveshow? Phil says "It's always in our hearts." :|

Also someone just referred to Norman as "Dan's fish" and Phil corrected them. "It's a shared fish." :betta:

And now dnp are going to Japan. (It's a holiday and won't be vlogged.)

This liveshow is a rollercoaster of emotion.
The part I put in bold actually pissed me off so much because I noticed that same person changed their username to "DanHowellismyhusband" after Phil read out the top fans and said that the first time. Next time he read them, he full on paused and skipped it. Idk. Makes me pissy when people do shit like that.

ANYWAY aside from that my brain is just JAPHANJAPHANJAPHANJAPHAN on loop. I'm really about to explode lmao :rainbowtears:
I thought the username was funny even if Phil's response made me sad. The gaming channel is/was part of their YouTube business, and we are/were its consumers. But trying to get Phil to say anything about his partner is something else entirely. I'm glad he skipped over it.

Also like. Is anyone else happy-for-them-but-not-sure-you're-allowed-to-be-that-happy-for-them? They've created a much clearer distinction between what's theirs (their relationship) and what's ours (their products) this year, and I feel weird rejoicing over something that's theirs. But also Phil chose to share it with us, and he said thank you to those wishing him a good time, so it also seems like it should be fine? I'm overthinking again aren't I.

Also also: there's why they won't be in America in December for MCR's reunion concert!

Er. Wait. Is it December or November? No liveshow for a couple weeks would seem to indicate November.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Becky.rigby wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:51 pm Its nice seeing how excited everyone is about Japhan, but for me I feel really sad again :( i dunno why i do this to myself. Mention of the gaming channel, and knowing they are going to be gone for 2 weeks or more (i mean lets be real we are used to Dan being absent anyway but?) I know Phil deserves a holiday and I hope they have a good time but i will miss them. I'm glad Dan uploaded some instagran stories today but it doesnt compare to how things used to be. I hope whatever they are planning will happen soon to get it out the way, i hate surprises. I hate to rain on peoples parade but i doibt it is an engagement, and if it is we probably wont be told anyway, as its none of our business.
I don’t know, Dan was way more active on insta during his France holiday than he has been since he got home - I doubt we’ll be getting cute joint selfies every day or anything but I expect (and am excited for!) lots of pics of beautiful scenery, architecture etc. I hope so anyway, as I love japan!

I went at the same time - the last two weeks of November- two years ago, and it’s a lovely time to go, loads of autumn leaves, cold but not stupid freezing (unless they go really north), fun Christmas stuff starting to pop up. Man, I’m excited for them!! 🇯🇵
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

bevioletsky wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 pm Does this really mean we’re going to get holiday insta stories from Japan of all places?? 🥺 I feel slightly dumbfounded rn, in a good way. Phil was so happy and funny and high-energy today, it was so nice! Other highlights included him setting the record straight on Norman being a Shared fish and His son, as well as the clown music in the beginning... I’m glad it wasn’t intentional because it was driving me a tad crazy and I was seriously questioning his taste in background music then.

Speaking of music, Dan was v cute on ig too, and he is so right about Magdalene, I was terrified that it wasn’t going to live up to the inevitable expectations that had been building up but it’s so good. Kind of heartbreaking but incredible. I’ve basically listened to nothing else the whole weekend. (Also has he collected records before? If yes, how have I missed it?)
I know he has a special thermal copy of a Muse vinyl (cannot for the life of me remember which one atm). And I'm pretty sure he has A Moon Shaped Pool on vinyl too.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I wasn't able to watch the liveshow today and I'm looking forward to watching it tomorrow morning as background entertainment when I get ready BUT HOLY SHIT JAPHAN 2019 :japhan:

And even though it's a private holiday, these two (especially Dan) have a tendency to suddenly resdiscover the magic of regularly posted Instagram Stories whenever they travel. Consider me carefully optimistic about getting some bits of Content while they're there. Meanwhile I'm just gonna be emo over there in the corner about their anniversary(?) trip. :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
parallel
phabergé

japhan pt2, five years later... i am losing my shit

i have literally no words apart from i hope they have a great time on their 10 year anniversary trip <3
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i can't believe japhan 2.0 is happening for their 10 year anniversary. don't know why someone else's holiday is making me so happy, but it is :love2: :love2:

i think part of it is also that while they're in japan i know they'll be doing sightseeing and tourist stuff and presumably visiting duncan and mimei, whereas when they're in london they could be doing literally anything and i'm totally in the dark and don't know what to expect. also i'm assuming we'll get more instastories than average while they're on holiday. all around good times for them and for us!
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This live show was a lot to take in. First he mentioned the gaming channel and while part of me thinks he was just trying to nicely brush us off he didn’t have to elaborate on the hiatus - especially after he told us to watch DML2 but he did. He said they were setting it aside for awhile and that it may come back and so now I went from okay that joint content was dead to thinking it might have a slight pulse.

And then he dropped Japan so casually that I almost wasn’t sure I heard him right and did I understand him correctly that they’ll be gone for weeks? I still don’t know how to process that.
It does make dan’s tweet from last night make more sense though.

Wow. This year has been something. I haven’t always loved it but it keeps blindsiding me
Judearaya
sofa crease

Amiaw wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm

And then he dropped Japan so casually that I almost wasn’t sure I heard him right and did I understand him correctly that they’ll be gone for weeks? I still don’t know how to process that.
Ok, so I thought he said a week, someone said two, I'm seeing three. I was in such shock I don't remember what he actually said? Anyone know for sure?
Neons
spork

I could barely watch the live show tonight as YouNow kept crashing on me (weird because it's usually fine). But it looked like a fun lil show from what I saw. Phil seemed very happy. And Japan! My boyfriend and I have been wanting to go to Japan for ages but don't have the means to do it right now. DnP really are living my best life, haha. I'm glad they're taking a proper holiday.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Judearaya wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm
Amiaw wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm And then he dropped Japan so casually that I almost wasn’t sure I heard him right and did I understand him correctly that they’ll be gone for weeks? I still don’t know how to process that.
Ok, so I thought he said a week, someone said two, I'm seeing three. I was in such shock I don't remember what he actually said? Anyone know for sure?
When talking about Japan, Phil said, "Oh, this'll be--So I won't be doing YouNow, so I'll be gone from YouNow for a couple of weeks." And when closing the show, Phil said, "I'll see you in a couple of weeks." So it sounds like they'll be in Japan for (at least) two weekends, but it's unclear whether it will be for one or two (or more) weeks.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

We'll have a fresh new thread in time for Japhan 2.0, so if you have any thread name suggestions, be sure to get them in soon! :japhan: :rainbowtears:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I'm not really sure how to feel... I think i left the phandom last time during Japhan. Idk why, it just wasn't my thing. Still, nice, at the probability of there being content. Also I am glad that they're prioritizing what they want to do. But idk, I think I'm just not into Japanese culture so I couldn't relate to a lot of what they posted last time. It also makes me a bit sad how out of the blue this announcement was. Like last time we got a story from Dan about how Phil spontaneously bought the tickets, but I somehow feel less included this time.
knq
lava lamp

spaceguitar wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:25 am I'm not really sure how to feel... I think i left the phandom last time during Japhan. Idk why, it just wasn't my thing. Still, nice, at the probability of there being content. Also I am glad that they're prioritizing what they want to do. But idk, I think I'm just not into Japanese culture so I couldn't relate to a lot of what they posted last time. It also makes me a bit sad how out of the blue this announcement was. Like last time we got a story from Dan about how Phil spontaneously bought the tickets, but I somehow feel less included this time.
My sense from Dan's unprovoked IG of "hope you are having a nice day !!" with two (2) exclamation marks is that Phil spontaneously bought and/or surprised Dan with tickets this time too. :deppy:
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

spaceguitar wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:25 am I'm not really sure how to feel... I think i left the phandom last time during Japhan. Idk why, it just wasn't my thing. Still, nice, at the probability of there being content. Also I am glad that they're prioritizing what they want to do. But idk, I think I'm just not into Japanese culture so I couldn't relate to a lot of what they posted last time. It also makes me a bit sad how out of the blue this announcement was. Like last time we got a story from Dan about how Phil spontaneously bought the tickets, but I somehow feel less included this time.
I think tbf we are less included, deliberately. They're clearly redefining their boundaries of what they want to charge and what they want o keep personal, and they've decided that this time, Japan is for them.
Last time they went knowing it would at least be partially work: ditl, Pokémon go, it was in tabinof etc.
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm excited to see Japan pic/stories, even if they're delayed until they're home.

It's one of those places that fascinate me, but I can't imagine going on holiday to. So I love watching videos/looking at pics from there, be it of the cities, temples, spas, scenery, food, pop culture stuff :love1:
AltMay
glabella

Japhan 2.0 i can't believe what i'm reading :rainbowtears: this has honestly been such a rollercoaster of a year in phandom history.

Anyway, i wasn't able to watch last night, did he say anything about uploading the ls later on? Cause i wanna watch it so badly but it still isn't up.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
Judearaya
sofa crease

knq wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 am
My sense from Dan's unprovoked IG of "hope you are having a nice day !!" with two (2) exclamation marks is that Phil spontaneously bought and/or surprised Dan with tickets this time too. :deppy:
Or he just knew and was anticipating the massive meltdown we were gonna have, LOL.

Is it just me, or did anyone else catch him say that he *may* do IG stories or pics? To me it felt like, prepping us in case they don't?

I actually kind of LOVE the idea of this just being for them. I mean I'd love to see or experience or witness in a way bc I love them and all. But when I think about them getting to do these things as a couple for them, and not in part as a brand (the DanandPhil brand), I get all the lovely tummy swoops. I'm such a sappy romantic derppy formless blob.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Judearaya wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:12 pm
knq wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 am
Or he just knew and was anticipating the massive meltdown we were gonna have, LOL.

Is it just me, or did anyone else catch him say that he *may* do IG stories or pics? To me it felt like, prepping us in case they don't?

I actually kind of LOVE the idea of this just being for them. I mean I'd love to see or experience or witness in a way bc I love them and all. But when I think about them getting to do these things as a couple for them, and not in part as a brand (the DanandPhil brand), I get all the lovely tummy swoops. I'm such a sappy romantic derppy formless blob.
Yeah, I definitely picked up on that vibe.

While I'm really excited for them to go on their adorable anniversary trip, I'm setting my expectations extremely low for any kind of content. Like, I'm sure we'll get a handful of IG stories panning around beautiful sights from Phil, but pictures of the both of them together? Videos? I'm not letting myself get excited for that because I can entirely see them not wanting to share any of that with us.

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, but that's just where I'm level-setting.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I just want a joint japhan selfie. I don’t need anything else. Give me that and I’ll be okay with them going MIA for weeks.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I don’t expect anything but i didn’t expect anything from Vegas either and they delivered. I could see is getting a picture with them and Duncan and Mimei but I am crossing my fingers for a picture of just the 2 of them or even an insta story
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Isn't "Japhan" mainly headcanons, theories and speculations?

I mean I'm glad they can still afford fancy holidays but for me it just means no change of the current situation for another month (cause after the holiday they'll have to recover from the holiday etc)
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

So I think the new normal is just gonna be less content in general. I wasn't around in the days when they were pumping out a ton of content, so the level of content we are getting now seems fine to me. I just hope we don't get phandom drama because people get bored.
hello9217
flower crown

Since they said they were going to different parts around Japan I could see them posting stuff after they left an area and moved on to the next one much like they did in Vegas. Based on the vegas trip I do have some hope of getting something but I do realize that this seems to be a more personal holiday for them. I wasn’t here for japhan prt1 so I’m excited to see what they show