Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Grey
lady door

I am surprised by the excitement for japan content because to me Phil made it pretty clear he wasn’t planning to give us any. He said he would not be vlogging and he “might” post a photo. I got the vibe that it’s a personal trip and we are not invited.

Personally I really appreciated that because in the previous complete disappearances, I wished for better communication beforehand. Well here it is: he said he’s going on a personal vacation for a few weeks and will be gone (except for his pre-filmed video). Or that’s what I got from it anyway, which is why I really surprised by people’s reactions.
I'm having a stress.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Grey wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:40 pm I am surprised by the excitement for japan content because to me Phil made it pretty clear he wasn’t planning to give us any. He said he would not be vlogging and he “might” post a photo. I got the vibe that it’s a personal trip and we are not invited.

Personally I really appreciated that because in the previous complete disappearances, I wished for better communication beforehand. Well here it is: he said he’s going on a personal vacation for a few weeks and will be gone (except for his pre-filmed video). Or that’s what I got from it anyway, which is why I really surprised by people’s reactions.
They've historically always loved sharing things when they travel so the vibe I got from Phil was that we'd get normal 'on a holiday' levels of content, which is tweets/ig stories/ig pics. I think there's a big difference in not posting a video or vlogging (which he definitely won't do) and not showing us anything. I'm definitely in the optimistic camp here!
Sami
squish

Maybe it's because I am a new fan, but I don't expect anything from them while they are holiday, so anything we do get will be a bonus for me.
I know they are creators and social media is a huge part of that, but it is also a job and we all go on holiday to get away from work and just enjoy ourselves/spend time with loved ones so they should be allowed to do the same.
I wouldn't complain if we did get a bit of content but I definitely don't have any expectations :shrug:
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
TinkerTaylor
phillion/danosaur <//3

Grey wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:40 pm I am surprised by the excitement for japan content because to me Phil made it pretty clear he wasn’t planning to give us any. He said he would not be vlogging and he “might” post a photo. I got the vibe that it’s a personal trip and we are not invited.

I think some of it too may just be a general happiness that they're doing this - that they're going on a personal vacation together. Whether it's friendship or more, it's still a happy event. And regardless of how you view their relationship, it's comforting to know that they enjoy one another's company and that the idea of spending weeks together outside of the country is a good thing. It seems to make us feel good when they feel good. It's a win-win.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I don't expect anything at all its for them not us which is fine by me, I'd die for a joint selfie though and maybe a Japan haul from Phil of all of his impulse buys but I won't be upset if nothing happens.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I’m in the head space of it will be nice if we get photos or stories but I don’t expect anymore than a couple. Obviously I’m not gonna say no but I respect that it’s a personal holiday and if they don’t post anything so be it. I saw some people saying yesterday about a vlog when he literally said there won’t be one or a mukbang and while that would be a great opportunity I think he’s made it clear that won’t be the case. I was of the thinking this holiday would be like the 2017 trip they had with b+w where they didn’t really say where they were going and just post a couple photos but stayed relatively quite. I would love the amount of stories and photos we got and after last years tour we were spoiled. I’ll be happy with a cute selfie of them. I just don’t want people getting upset when they expect more than they promised it happens a lot so keep your expectations low and you’ll never be disappointed.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Secretstanner wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:53 pm I’m in the head space of it will be nice if we get photos or stories but I don’t expect anymore than a couple. Obviously I’m not gonna say no but I respect that it’s a personal holiday and if they don’t post anything so be it. I saw some people saying yesterday about a vlog when he literally said there won’t be one or a mukbang and while that would be a great opportunity I think he’s made it clear that won’t be the case. I was of the thinking this holiday would be like the 2017 trip they had with b+w where they didn’t really say where they were going and just post a couple photos but stayed relatively quite. I would love the amount of stories and photos we got and after last years tour we were spoiled. I’ll be happy with a cute selfie of them. I just don’t want people getting upset when they expect more than they promised it happens a lot so keep your expectations low and you’ll never be disappointed.
After tour last year when everyone was afraid they'd stop using instagram, I keep remembering Dan saying that he'd use it when he was going somewhere interesting. I feel like he's actually held up to that. We got Joshua Tree, we got France, he does stories when he's out doing something. I think what Dan really doesn't wanna do is just post random stories about his day every day when he's not doing anything but sitting at home.

I also think that Phil telling us - and telling us in advance - signifies that they'll be posting things. Probably not every day, not every event. I'm not expecting that at all. But I think people are afraid to be disappointed so they're telling themselves we don't get anything, but Dan and Phil genuinely do seem to find it quite genuinely fun to be able to choose what they want to share and when and do so on social media when they're somewhere brand new to them.
liola
rankussy

I agree that it's likely they'll post something, because they love sharing their vacations via a couple of IG stories and pics. They did it this summer which was to me more unlikely since It was right after the coming out videos and vidcon so we would've been fed quite well. I also agree that Phil telling us and mentioning pics is an indicator that they might share something, although I don't think we'll get anything joint.

To me this is exciting because I love Japan, I loved them in Japan, I love the idea of their dream holiday on their tenth anniversary and yes I am a sucker for communication and Phil telling us and being so excited about it is very sexy to me. Also the idea of one of them surprising the other with tickets again is also extremely sexy. Healthy relationships are my kink okay fite me
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

I wasn’t here the first time they went to Japan, but their Singapore trip was soon after I got involved in phandom and it was so lovely. I’d be thrilled with that kind of content, only more spread out with more nature photos. Personally I’d love little handfuls of pics rather than stories. Think the batch of photos they each posted once they left Moscow. It feels more classic. Or maybe it’s just that I’m tired of finding and arranging the best screen shots from little vids and images with the moving stickers. Phil won’t be able to help himself though, bless him. Can I request an autumnal version of :japhan: maybe a Japanese maple branch, or a ginko leaf? Pretty please. :love2:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

So Phil's going to be at vidcon London in February! Definitely wasn't expecting that at all, but good for him! Vidcon was teasing it yesterday too. I follow them, but definitely didn't catch on that it would be Phil.

I wonder what this means for Dan too...hmm.
noodlebum
flower crown

I don't think Dan will go, unless he's sure he's got another project/video that'll be out by then... but I still think this will be a solo Phil visit.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Am I the only one who’s confused by Phil tweeting about it at 8 in the morning? That’s such an odd time for an announcement like that.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
liola
rankussy

I hope Phil deciding to go so early means there's some deadline soon-ish for this mysterious project.

But also - whoops guess I'm going to London and trying to hug God
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
knq
lava lamp

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:12 am Am I the only one who’s confused by Phil tweeting about it at 8 in the morning? That’s such an odd time for an announcement like that.
Maybe they’re already in Japan and it’s evening, :japhan:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ohhh Vidcon. Interesting, didn't expect that tbh.

I wanna go because that's also my birthday week and an excellent excuse to go on a trip and meet some fwiends.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phew, one Phil at a London con for the first time in a few years. I’ll be going, though to the creator track, but still can see his panel/s. It happens that I put him in the form where they ask who they should invite, left Dan cos he was so absent from youtube, also needed room for Dan Layton and Scarf Demon, but they’re unlikely to get asked (Layton very much wants to be, it’s a shame). Interesting that there’s been no five-minutes-later announcement of Dan as well, but they have made it clearer by now that they’re more separate, compared to Vidcon US back in July.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I’ll be going! I don’t expect success in the meet and greet as I’m deeply cursed when it comes to these things, but I’m still excited to see him irl. I don’t expect Dan to go as much as I would love him to... I’ve a horrible feeling that this years vidcon was the last chance to see them together ... if not forever then for a long time.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I almost bought a ticket and then realized I can’t make it to London in February. I’ll just have to live through everyone else’s experience.
I would be surprised if Dan’s going tbh. He hasn’t really done much YouTubing this year and maybe he is trying to put that on the back burner until his project takes off. I’m still curious about his project too- if it’s something that includes any amount of touring I wonder if he’ll be gone when vidcon happens.
Phil going by himself isn’t as big of a surprise since the dog event but I’m surprised he’s going since I didn’t think he loved events but maybe it’s a good opportunity to sell merch and if his project is off the ground in February maybe he can tie that into his appearance.
Also with him tweeting so early I bet they’re already in Japan
noodlebum
flower crown

Re. Dan's instastory, they're on the way to Japan (or likely landed knowing them), and Dan is thinking there's going to be some hot content so we'll see. Am so excited and happy for them!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

has an instagram story ever made you cry at 8:30 am? because dan.

:happytears:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

He looks so cute and happy and i want to cry.
:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

What’s Dan so happy for? Suspicious.

but really I’m glad to see he’s so excited for this trip.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Dan’s ig story paired with the one he posted on Sunday... there’s a special aura of happiness and softness around him and I have feelings. And Thoughts.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

Well that confirms that Dan will be doing stories! I am braced. I wonder if they watched Queer Eye Japan on the plane. I doubt we will ever know, unless someone asks in a future Phil ls, there’s way more important things to post about. I haven’t finished it yet, as I’m watching with the kiddo, but we’re loving it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, he looks like a happy bunny. What a cheesy smile :blowingleaves: