Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I loved that he said he's been "really busy" when he said he was planning on thinking about it soon and (i think) didn't specify why.... Sounds like he maybe *cough cough* has been moving.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I really enjoyed that liveshow and think that it went a lot smoother! Phil seemed more in control than last week, just generally giving me more confident and relaxed vibes. I really do think that he just needed some time to get into it again and I'm glad to see such quick improvement. He also really seems to enjoy doing these unlike before when the liveshows just kept getting shorter and shorter. If adding this bit of structure helps him with doing these regularly and for a whole hour, I'm all for it. :ribena:

Also YouNow only glitched on me a few times and even then it was still nowhere near as bad as last week. Good job, you trash website.

Nice that Dan is getting acknowledged by Philosophy Tube. I'm not really into LeftTube because frankly I just prefer my politics in formats I can read at my own (quicker) pace, rather than in a somewhat theatrical video format which tends to take too long to get to the point. But I'm happy for him. Definitely feel like yesterday's tweet was about this. Now focus on some of your own content please.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Fuck I love this post coming out universe.
liola
rankussy

I just realized that Phil must be filming himself while he does the liveshows, so that he can do the minimum editing and upload the episodes on his side channel right away. That's quite the work for someone that was clearly done with liveshows for a while. I do wonder what brought this change, but now the proper setup makes a bit more sense

Edit to add that I mean he films himself with a proper camera and not just the normal live show set up, it's 1am and I'm tired forgive my brain if this doesn't make sense
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

That younow spon in the middle + the fact that Rose+Rosie started doing weekly younows leads me to believe that younow laid out a LOT of that crypto cash they had onto some incentives for creators on the platform. I suspect that Phil got some moolah and used it to upgrade his setup... especially in the *cough* new house.
knq
lava lamp

Norman Cam always slightly moves. Phil is a strange creature and I love him.

For some reason I didn't notice live, but Phil drinks out of an actual glass! :ribena: And it looks like the ones from their Mukbang, which leads me to believe the green screen is in the apartment they actually live in now.

I'm very curious to see if there are changes to the background of the next AP video.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I forgot to mention this in my post earlier but at the start of Phil's ls he mentioned he was looking at corgi poodle crosses, which really made my ears perk up because 1) how fucking cute, and 2) we know Phil has quite mild dog allergies but we also know he loves corgis and poodles are hypoallergenic so....idk. We know they're definitely not going to get one for a little bit and that they're always looking at cute animals, let alone dogs, but my dog senses are tingling :undertaledog:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

There was nothing insanely exciting about this liveshow but I keep having happy stomach swoopy feelings when I think about Phil telling us what Dan thinks of his hair and their art festival fun and mentioning the vegan place and casual gay jokes and #bants with the audience about being gay and just... I dunno, there's no point to this post, I just love Dan and Phil and I'm happy that they're happy and I'm happy for what we get to see of that right now.

Maybe all these 10 years ago throwback posts just have me feeling a sappy kind of way. Yeah, I'm gonna blame that.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

This was a fun show! I especially enjoyed the gayming discussion, lol. Here are my highlights:
  • The first thing I noticed (when I started looking at the recording) was that Phil edited out ~12 minutes of the liveshow. Based on my original timestamps as compared to the recording, it looks like he cut ~2 minutes from the beginning when he was greeting people before he tweeted, ~4 minutes from the gaming segment, ~4 minutes from the discussion of the liveshow sponsorship by YouNow’s new cryptocurrency Props, and ~2 minutes from the end when he was saying goodbye to everyone.
  • [4:59] Phil talks about going to the Frieze Art Fair with Dan, Martyn, and Cornelia. As with last year, they decided to take on personas with different names to help them fit in better. Phil called himself Gideon, Cornelia called herself Esmeralda, and he doesn’t remember what Dan and Martyn called themselves.
  • [9:12] We see Norman Cam for the first time. :betta: In this liveshow, we get Norman Cam twice more, at [21:27] and at [37:12].
  • [10:02] Phil talks about having shrimp and snails in the fish tank with Norman. This discussion includes this gem of a sentence ([10:44]): :lol:
    P: There’s also about fifty snails in there because it turns out snails are super horny.
  • [13:22] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: A 12 year-old boy named Harley was misbehaving in school, so his mom threatened to come to his classes and watch him if he didn’t get his act together. Then she did.
  • [24:53] Phil plays Untitled Goose Game. At [27:08], he says his grandparents had a goose as a pet, and it used to chase him and Martyn around when they were children (especially Martyn because he had red hair). At [30:06], Phil names the goose in the game Gerald.
  • [33:16] Phil is having problems with his mouse. He shows it, and its scroll wheel is backlit with a rainbow. This leads to the following glorious statements ([33:33]): :prideflag:
    P: “The mouse said, ‘gay rights.’” It is the gayest mouse ever. I feel like new gaming PCs are all slightly super gay, just because they’re full rainbows. So I’ve got this gaming PC and the entire keyboard is a rainbow. Everything is a rainbow. “Gay mouse for a gay rat like you.” Thank you very much.
    […]
    P: “You’re a gaymer with a ‘y,’” said Suntania. I know!
  • [38:34] Phil talks about RuPaul’s Drag Race UK. As a part of this discussion, Phil is asked what he would look like as a drag queen. He has a friend who does drag, so he says he could always ask his friend for some pointers. But then he says he doesn’t think that’s actually going to happen.
  • [40:10] Someone in the chat compliments Phil’s hair. In response, Phil says that Dan thinks that, in the sunlight, he looks a bit like a red squirrel.
  • [41:52] Phil tells a story of his parents embarrassing him. When Phil was 13/14, he wasn’t allowed to go to Manchester without his parents, but his slightly younger friend was allowed to go. Phil wanted to go with his friend, and his mom suggested that he could go if she surreptitiously tagged along without his friend knowing about it. As a counter offer, Phil suggested that she could come to Manchester and hang out in a coffee shop or something in case there was an emergency, but she wouldn’t be allowed to actually follow him and his friend around. This is what ended up happening.
  • [43:33] Phil tells a second story of his parents embarrassing him. Once, Phil had a twenty minute long phone call with a girl that he thinks may have liked him. Unbeknownst to Phil, his mom listened in on the last four minutes of the call because she wanted to tell him to get off the phone to allow her to call his aunt.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil posted to his YouTube story again - it’s just some more of Norman swimming and the fan art that he accidentally showed during the liveshow
nicky1388
spork

i've been religiously follow the 10 years of Dan & Phil tumblr and this happened today and i just kinda fell apart

https://10yearsofdnp.tumblr.com/post/18 ... pening-its

it's insane that it's been 10 years. they're so lovely and they still have the same cute and adorable bants and i love them so much.
noodlebum
flower crown

"shit i need to do some situps' :lol: :lol:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
autumnhearth
senpai

Fun fact: Phil hasn’t used wtf in a tweet since December 29 2011.
one(1)phillie
phillion/danosaur <//3

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:10 pm Fun fact: Phil hasn’t used wtf in a tweet since December 29 2011.
wtf?
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:10 pm
If he didn't capitalize the first letter this could also be a Dan tweet
That's interesting but also scary
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

i was thinking the same thing that it really looks like a dan tweet
It probably make sense since lots of people they know (and even themselves i think?) says they are almost the same person and also Phil is so much less filtered now so we probably see more of the real him at the moment
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:10 pm Fun fact: Phil hasn’t used wtf in a tweet since December 29 2011.
Wow. Maybe he’s been saving them up for this moment ;)
liola
rankussy

Do people really not know that Phil swears? He's also showed he uses wtf in texts (and iim assuming more colourful swear words)

That's so hot of him tbh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

embedding this post by thestigdrivesamini both because it's scarily accurate and also because it motivated me to go watch both videos and so far that's the best thing about my day
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:17 pm embedding this post by thestigdrivesamini both because it's scarily accurate and also because it motivated me to go watch both videos and so far that's the best thing about my day
My fave is the last Google Feud.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Someone posted that the last DvP was just an excuse for them to hold hands and gaze into each other’s eyes and - yeah, basically :lol: *such* a good vid! Might have to watch it myself, as bittersweet as it is <3
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Neons
spork

Oh they are coupley as hell in the Final DvP vid, it's one of my favourites too. I just watched it again and the rock paper scissors bit is a particular highlight.

Actually I'm looking at the gaming channel now and I just noticed the HeartThrob vid, Final DvP and the "Boys in the Big City" sims vid about Dab & Evan moving in together were all uploaded right after each other and fuck me if that isn't a perfect trio of DnP gaming videos.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

DvsP finale and the final Google Feud are both my absolute faves from last year tbh, I couldn't choose between them even if I wanted to.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i am firmly on team final google feud, as that's my favorite gaming video ever. they were in rare form that day. thank you vancouver.