Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Ataraxia25 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:00 pm They're gone, they left as soon as Cornelia said she was done. And they were near the door apparently.
I love that they were there supporting her but I was already wincing at the idea of Cornelia's first concert in ages turning into a Dan and Phil meet and greet, so that's nice to hear! I think that was the best way for them to do it.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I actually thought they wouldn't come for this reason! But that's very cute of them to come to support her!
:gayaf:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Hi all

For health reasons I’ve been offline so I haven’t updated on PhandomGives for a while.

The fantastic @obsessivelymoody is running the creative commission charity giveaway.

Would anyone but up to running/helping with the social media accounts and/or the donation giveaway? I haven’t asked IRL for items yet but they’ve always helped out before. I also thought that people who register as a donor could be entered to the giveaway.

If you can help out please DM me and I’ll get back to you.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ataraxia25
flower crown

So they're at the premiere.
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

aHHH!!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

They look great but I hope we get a full picture of their outfits
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

me waiting for the inevitable red carpet pic:

this is all i've been waiting for all year! (this isn't even an exaggeration tbh. eek.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

For the fashion inclined:
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

Wow, I love their suits, especially Dan's.<3 They look great. Now I want full-length pictures.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

How tf did people figure out their suits just from that photo? Amazing. Sodding gits couldn’t be bothered to tell us ofc. Maybe they didn’t beforehand in previous years, but I’m not their 100% biggest fan right now, don’t be leaving us out (shedding audience, what shedding of audience?) I hope there’ll be a good photo, it’d be sad not to see those suits in all their glory.
liola
rankussy

I just want one (1) full hd picture of Phil in the shiny suit ok just one I don't ask for much please Santa I've been a good girl this year
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Birdie
blobfish

flarequake wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:18 pm How tf did people figure out their suits just from that photo? Amazing. Sodding gits couldn’t be bothered to tell us ofc. Maybe they didn’t beforehand in previous years, but I’m not their 100% biggest fan right now, don’t be leaving us out (shedding audience, what shedding of audience?) I hope there’ll be a good photo, it’d be sad not to see those suits in all their glory.
I'll join you on this hill of bitterness, lmao. (The suits look amazing but I'm salty.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I’ve put up with a lot of hair related crimes from Phil and I’m going to need him to stop! We had such a good run with the color and length and then he chopped it off when it mattered the most. He’d better deliver good pictures or idk if I’ll be able to get over this.
jesp
why bother

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:23 pm
flarequake wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:16 pm The survey’s very interesting. A few thoughts
Amazing to see such a lower number of participants compared to 33,003 in 2015. Also the huge turnover, loads hadn’t taken the survey before, that was also the case in a previous year if not both. And still way more finding them via Dan and enjoying gaming and joint content most. ‘Yikes forever’ as Little Misfortune would say cos it’s a bit of a shame for those preferences now I guess, but what can we do.
Part of that is the core fandom growing smaller and part is just losing the support/networking of some major fandom outlets that used to signal boost us heavily. For example, in the past we had that one youtube channel with over 100k subs posting a video to alert people to take the survey for us, but we couldn't manage that again.
This is true, but to help with that in the future people can subscribe to the indepthbants youtube channel, which did have an announcement video for this year's survey. The channel also has all of Dan and Phil's instagram stories, put together and uploaded by Catallena, and sometimes there's an extra video or two covering other content.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

someone noticed this exists presale.danielhowell.com 👀
Birdie
blobfish

The words "sale" and "Daniel Howell" combined... man, I just can't anymore. :lol:

So is this old from when they first built his shop website maybe? (Probably not.) Or is this connected to the new project, meaning it will be something that costs money again? (On a more serious note, "presale" sounds like it's something that involves tickets? So if this is the stand up tour I've wanted him to do forever but that I don't want anymore because I'm kinda done with him atm I'm going to cry.) Might be something else entirely but speculation is fun.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yeah, what’s that about? We’re not broke enough after the merch at Christmas time? Still having no idea what he’s up to. Don’t suppose it’s ready yet, did we find it far too early, did they forget the phandom’s like the fricking CIA? I have questions, though I’d quite like to get to sleep, apparently it’s too early for that just yet anyway.

Let me live, Daniel. Post a pretty moon-suit photo first. Tour was my first thought too and I’ll totally go, but frick me I’m not joking when I say I’m kinda broke. This year has not been kind to my health and it messed up my job not yet to recover.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Doesn't "presale" usual connote.... a book?

My mind is going wild places with this concept in combination with him suggesting earlier in the year that we'd learn more about him. A.... tell-all? Autobiography? A novel with a conveniently-named "Daniel" character?

I'll stop now.
liola
rankussy

It's a subdomain of his main shop, the newsletter form shows that it's the same list for his shop (which is.. weird? You'd want to hopefully target whatever the presale is to a different audience than merch? Mailchimp lets you personalize the subscription forms for this exact reason so either it's something merch shop related or they haven't created a separate audience/segment/group on mailchimp and I hope it's just temporary because otherwise I just want to send them an email God why is this so frustrating HOW CAN YOU PROPERLY SEGMENTATE YOUR CUSTOMERS DANIEL HOWELL)

Ok digital marketer rant over.
Usually even with shopify websites under construction can be hidden and simply redirect to the main site so I'm going to assume it's happening kind of soon which GOd why

I'm tired of being upset at Dan, honestly. I'm hoping he doesn't just drop the presale for whatever without saying.. anything about what it is? It's the one thing I hate the most, I hate buying on blind trust, I hated it for II as well but at least there I knew it was a show of the two of them

If it's a stand-up tour I'm unsubscribing. There I said it
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I think of Pre-order for books and Pre-sale for tickets.

If it's a stand up show do people see him touring it or just doing shows in London? I can't really imagine Dan enjoying another tour even if it was just the UK.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Didn't the Philosophy guy announce today that he's performing as the lead in a play? Maybe Dan has a role as well?
Birdie
blobfish

rizzo wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:12 pm Doesn't "presale" usual connote.... a book?
I thought so too at first but I think with books it's usually "pre-order" but maybe presale is also used? (Working with book people taught me nothing apparently). I'm in a weird headspace right now because I think a book or a comedy tour could be pretty good coming from him and yet I'm so conflicted about him after the last few months... :?

(I have a feeling it's going to be announced soon though since the website is already up. If it's connected to the project at all, that is. Maybe they're just prepping for future merch drops, haha.)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

liola wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 pmI'm tired of being upset at Dan, honestly. I'm hoping he doesn't just drop the presale for whatever without saying.. anything about what it is? It's the one thing I hate the most, I hate buying on blind trust, I hated it for II as well but at least there I knew it was a show of the two of them

If it's a stand-up tour I'm unsubscribing. There I said it
I'm all for being upset about the current situation we're in, but I don't see how this in particular would be upsetting, personally. It would explain where he's spent all of his time. We already know/have been told he's been working on a larger project and now.... here it is. I'm nothing but excited for there to be an upcoming announcement and release of something. AT LAST.

Also, I feel like anyone - youtuber or not - would announce a book with a presale. What's the point of announcing anything without the product being immediately available? Presale also significantly plays into book rankings.

If it's not a book - idk, the same still applies. Why announce something and then have the audience just... sit on that knowledge without an action item? Like, if it's a tour, I'm sure that page will feature dates first, before tickets. (I really don't think it's a tour, but perhaps I don't know Dan at all...)

IDK what This Thing is, but.... oooh boy. Content? Things? Updates on Dan? Give it to me. Fucking please.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m here for a book too, but I’m not buying it without seeing some first. Louise’s book was up for presale with no preview and I was like ‘I don’t know if this woman can write’ and it turns out she kinda can, oddly except in the clunky prologue, but I’m over that type of book these days. I’m over the young adult stuff I used to read too apparently. I liked Dan’s writing in The Urge, though it was more descriptive than I usually like. Could be very different, of course. Or not a book, also of course.

If it’s a tour then I assume it would be UK-wide and he did enjoy them before, but if this was just him, does Phil go along and still do his videos somehow, or stay at home and Dan maybe enjoys it less on his own? Phil can do videos in hotel rooms, he’s done it before. Need a longer-term Norman-sitter, though, so :shrug:

A tell-all autobiography, though :rofl: That certainly would fit his mention of ‘hope to be able to share more of myself with you soon’. Cos I’ve been wondering if that’s nothing to do with normal videos or anything extra like liveshows again, or even more frequent and less on-brand tweets, but just that we’ll see/read some more from him through whatever it is he’s gonna drop (and a comedy show could fit that too).

He needs our loving loyalty to buy some, whatever it is, so I hope he realises he should probably talk to us some more. Unless enough of us just don’t mind and haven’t left by now. I doubt it’s the same thing that Olly’s in. It would be very interesting, but unless I’m very mistaken, tickets wouldn’t be sold through Dan’s own website.

They can’t have meant for this to be found at 10pm on a night they’re not even home, surely :facepalm:
Last edited by flarequake on Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.