Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That ‘Legends Edition’ with Phil at 11 seconds isn’t the official rewind, I don’t think, it’s not on the right channel. The real one is the top 10 most liked videos and all the other top 5s and 10s, on the YouTube channel.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:23 pm That ‘Legends Edition’ with Phil at 11 seconds isn’t the official rewind, I don’t think, it’s not on the right channel. The real one is the top 10 most liked videos and all the other top 5s and 10s, on the YouTube channel.
Oops yeah you're right! I literally just clicked the wrong link when I searched it.

This year's video wasn't bad. I mean, better than last year. Seth Everman making the video makes me really happy.
Mia
spork

Seeing as youtube rewind is back. What's all of your favourite DAP memories of it?

I always remember 2016 the most. 2014 always makes me laugh. I forget they're in 2015...

flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, that edit is hilarious. Between Dan’s expressive face and Phil’s bright blue pants, such fun. Also the ending from the editor, that’s cute.
noodlebum
flower crown

Aw I'm glad Dan and Phil tweeted about the fan pinof :)
firsttimeposter
living flop

Mia wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:16 pm Seeing as youtube rewind is back. What's all of your favourite DAP memories of it?

I always remember 2016 the most. 2014 always makes me laugh. I forget they're in 2015...
Lmao it’s the opposite for me, I’ll always hold the 2015 one close to my heart as that was the first year I watched dnp. I don’t even remember what dnp did ‘16 and ‘17, and were they even in ‘18? these last couple of years melt together for me with dnp, I always thought of all years before ‘16 to be really distinctive when it comes to everything dan and phil, but ‘16-18 are blurry as fuck.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:09 pm :ravetree: Reminder that our Redbubble pop up shop is open all month, or you can donate directly using paypal here! :ravetree:

If you've ordered things, please show them off once they start coming in!
Some of my order arrived and I added it to the stickers from the last few years and look how good my laptop is looking now 🏳️‍🌈

Also, edited to add, a little bit of twitter joint content here (kinda reaching but who cares it’s nice to see them interacting)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Mia wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:16 pm Seeing as youtube rewind is back. What's all of your favourite DAP memories of it?
2016 was my fave because I remember being happy that they were given such a "starring" role in it & also I was really into Stranger Things at the time. I also like the 'Charlie Bit my Finger' one they did - I think that one was 2015.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Those tweets are so cute and I’m so glad they’ve seen the video. Dan’s answer is hilariously snooty and a brilliant name.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

People were absolutely losing their minds today over the old tweet where Dan calls Phil 'bby' :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

Ah, the rewind was such a cop-out. Usually it's interesting to see the small references and easter eggs, whether or not the thing as a whole was good. This year was just a laundry list I could have looked up anywhere.

I liked 2016 as well, that's the year I got into dnp and they were quite prominent!
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

It’s funny, the ‘bby’ in 2009. In 2010 I had a bunch of friends who used it quite casually, maybe it’s of that time, but still this is different.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aunt Roz posted this, but it's the video from last year, right? Not a new one?

noodlebum
flower crown

noodlebum wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 pm Aw I'm glad Dan and Phil tweeted about the fan pinof :)
Just realised this wasn't the fan pinof I was thinking of with actual fans doing their own pinof, but I hadn't seen the one they tweeted about anyway so :ribena: thanks for bringing to my attention lads

Also I just remembered one of those things I say a lot and didn't realise where I got it from until I rewatched the last pinof, which is saying 'I'm sorry' in the same weird voice Dan uses to apologise for the weird piano duet they did at the end :lol: was wondering what video I had got it from
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:50 pm Aunt Roz posted this, but it's the video from last year, right? Not a new one?

Yes, that’s from 2018.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I really love this video! Maybe just due to Dan having to film Phil's ass covered in Nick Cage....
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

Initial sleep deprived thoughts:

-classic Phil, I think Safiya did a Wish vid once idk but his purchases were so bizarre 10/10
-joint content!!
-his messed up hair after the hat removal was so cute <3
-and he was so thrilled with the box lol. i just love him a lot
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh that sweet sweet joint content. I loved that, I love Phil.
knq
lava lamp

Phil 'rawr!'ing and then running at Dan with a cut to static has strong pinof tackle vibes. :happytears:
blahblahblah8

Seeing the title I wasn’t the most enthusiastic but I actually enjoyed the video a lot! I think his happiness is just too contagious! The dan part was nice too, Phil running toward him was cute.
alien
procrastinator

Phil got a mention in Good Mythical Morning today. The talk about a tweet he made in 2012 about dominos and pizza hut and the interaction he got from both of the companies twitter accounts?? The GMM episode today is a food feuds between pizza hut and dominos, but it seemed so random to me to add Phil's tweets about it lol

It was a good surprise though! I've always wanted both Dan and Phil on GMM but I don't think that'll ever happen :(
noodlebum
flower crown

Loved it, his joy at the useless box and tentacle mask haha and of course DanCam. I wonder what Dan said that was bleeped out, can't really work it out
Possum
squish

This was a fun video! I rewatch Safiya's wish videos every now and then, so I was excited to see this.

I loved his laugh after he put the batteries in the useless box. <3 And the part with Dan was of course 100/10. And he was wearing Dan's sweater! I loved when he didn't swipe the sequins the right way, lol. Yay joint content!!
anna_begins

Phil's video put me in a good mood. I saw someone putting it down because they were comparing it to the way Safiya does her videos in regards to how in depth she goes describing the items she buys compared to what Phil did. I don't need that from Phil. I like his light-hearted, not-so-serious enjoyment of things. It's just casual and fun; popcorn entertainment is valid and what I crave during the holidays.

Loved the inclusion of Dan and seeing their apartment decorated for Christmas. It felt very domestic and warm. Saw some sheet music on Dan's piano, I wonder if he's teaching himself how to read it?
bevioletsky
glabella

I have a strong personal dislike of Wish videos and generally of videos that mainly just involve buying a lot of random crap that nobody including our planet needs (I’ve also been very glad we haven’t seen a Things I Regret Buying in a year), so therefore I wasn’t exactly thrilled to see the title, but it was bound to happen at some point after all the Wish-related tweets and the subsequent requests from people for him to do one so. Here we are. And tbh I couldn’t help enjoying it some anyway, Phil is cute and his demeanour is super contagious. I especially liked how genuinely excited he was about the box, which did indeed seem quite satisfying so fair. Plus of course all the joint bits were lovely.

They can’t all be for everyone and I did get some amusement out of it so that’s nice! But I definitely prefer his brand of light-hearted randomness when it manifests in things like the Norman-inspired makeup “tutorial” (which I loved). Looking forward to the liveshow on Sunday as always though !