Dan & Phil Part 93: Fomosexual

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I hate when people want to call people out but don't have the guts to name them, it's bound to cause speculation just so they can say they aren't about drama, especially when they pretty much made a name for themselves by inserting themselves in to drama.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

On the topic of merch promotion, I would like to take this opportunity to help promote the IDB merch which, I think, has been really great this year! I got some stickers for a non-straight friend who is aware of Dan and Phil, not really a fan, but watches their videos sometimes, and they came out to a family member with the "spoiler alert" sticker :pride: So, not only beautiful and funny, but also useful :tu: (I swear I don't own the shop, I'm just a nice girl ;))
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:24 pm Because I have been incredibly lax about promoting it, we've decided to leave the IDB pop up shop open until the end of next week! Don't forget that half the money goes toward PhandomGives and half goes toward forum expense costs. When we close the shop, we'll post a report with proof of donation to PhandomGives. :)

You can find the shop link here, or click here to donate directly through Paypal!
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

Happy World Introvert Day! (I only just found out this was a thing. Wonder how Dan and Phil are celebrating. :lol: )
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

happy anniversary to this iconic exchange
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

The latest vlogbrothers vid has some points that could also apply to deppy (except not wanting to do 8-12 min vids-Phil’s on that!). I know we’ve discussed how they may not want to grow their channels. This vid is good at explaining why creators may not want to. I just wish deppy were this communicative and had this regular upload schedule. Speaking of, do we know if Phil will do a liveshow Sunday?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
firsttimeposter
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:18 pm happy anniversary to this iconic exchange
These were iconic. And remember that one reply dan did saying “yes” to the fact that he/ they were eating sweet potato fries. He was surely teasing to see us all freak haha. 2016 was back when all was calm and simultaneously crazy constantly. Miss it lmao.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Susanisnotafish wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:34 pm The latest vlogbrothers vid has some points that could also apply to deppy (except not wanting to do 8-12 min vids-Phil’s on that!). I know we’ve discussed how they may not want to grow their channels. This vid is good at explaining why creators may not want to. I just wish deppy were this communicative and had this regular upload schedule. Speaking of, do we know if Phil will do a liveshow Sunday?
Thanks for linking this! I'm very interested to watch it when I have the time.

Though, to answer your question about Phil doing a liveshow this weekend, my hunch is no. I think the annual pyjama week tradition will go firmly until at least this time next week. I don't expect a liveshow from him until maybe the 12th, but even then I'm not sure. I guess it probably depends on the contract he has with younow.
autumnhearth
senpai

Mmhmm ‘friend points’. Why did I only just now google ‘fomosexual’? A fear of missing out on sexual experiences eh? Fascinating.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 pm Mmhmm ‘friend points’. Why did I only just now google ‘fomosexual’? A fear of missing out on sexual experiences eh? Fascinating.
Damn I just assumed Phil was making a pun on homosexual because he's gay and well...Phil lol. But interesting that it has its own definition!
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 pm Mmhmm ‘friend points’. Why did I only just now google ‘fomosexual’? A fear of missing out on sexual experiences eh? Fascinating.
I wonder how many of these Phil has accumulated over the years. :lol:
This isn't intended to be some weird kind of innuendo, I promise. :lol:
blueapple_x
flower crown

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:10 pm
Damn I just assumed Phil was making a pun on homosexual because he's gay and well...Phil lol. But interesting that it has its own definition!
Lol I assumed he was combining FOMO (fear of missing out) and homosexual.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

blueapple_x wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:48 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:10 pm
Lol I assumed he was combining FOMO (fear of missing out) and homosexual.
Oh yeah this is exactly what I meant, I just failed to include the fomo part of it lmao.

Anyway I do wish Phil had tweeted that one out because I would be retweeting it every day as I relate on a deeply personal level.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Seems like post-holidays pajama week is going well.

Edit: He changed his Twitter layout! Seems like a never before seen picture from Japhan 2.0 :stan:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Oooh, Phil changed his profile pic/header too. Fun!
autumnhearth
senpai

rizzo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:13 pm Oooh, Phil changed his profile pic/header too. Fun!
Aww it’s from teamLab Planets! The “space said ‘gayrights’” story :love2:

And of course Phil got Gibraltar a bear suit :bear:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm not sure whether those are the gay stars or the stars on another color setting but they look rainbowy to me, and since Dan made the stars gay I'm just gonna say it.

Joint content.

haha jk *crying*
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Becky.rigby
living flop

How realistic is it for Phil to do a liveshow today? Most other youtubers are back now, like safiya and louise etc, so i hope so (fingers crossed).
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I don’t think he’s back from Christmas break yet, seems too early for a liveshow today.

This is interesting while we’re anticipating what a silver fox he’ll be
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

flarequake wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:59 pm I don’t think he’s back from Christmas break yet, seems too early for a liveshow today.

This is interesting while we’re anticipating what a silver fox he’ll be
Hm. that is interesting. Like it's not a complete surprise that he'd edit a photo like that because he's human and almost all of us do it, but it still made me go 'oh' a bit. dw Philly, you're aging like fine wine.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Unpopular opinion maybe, that I’m only directing at the original tweeter and some of the replies on the tweet, but I saw that this morning and thought it was in bad taste. If he did use photoshop he didn’t drastically change his appearance so I don’t think it needs to be pointed out because the only purpose that serves is to make him feel more insecure.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Amiaw wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:47 pm Unpopular opinion maybe, that I’m only directing at the original tweeter and some of the replies on the tweet, but I saw that this morning and thought it was in bad taste. If he did use photoshop he didn’t drastically change his appearance so I don’t think it needs to be pointed out because the only purpose that serves is to make him feel more insecure.
I really agree with that. I don't see the point of saying that, on twitter no less.
:gayaf:
so_cheesy
butt chair

I find this hilarious bc Phil always poses with his eyebrows raised high AF which obviously makes those pseudo forehead wrinkles. If he relaxed his face I bet he would have less visible wrinkles in the first place
Secretstanner
truth bomb

so_cheesy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:47 am I find this hilarious bc Phil always poses with his eyebrows raised high AF which obviously makes those pseudo forehead wrinkles. If he relaxed his face I bet he would have less visible wrinkles in the first place
Personally I love his forehead wrinkles when he raises his everybrows. I find it very attractive on him. Like some of the gaming videos from.. 2018 bloody hell its been so long, but yeah hair quiff and forehead wrinkles! Sign me up. I find it odd that they decided to let everyone know he “edited” the photo. I don’t see the need to tell anyone at all. Not that phil should be ashamed or that it needs to be a secret, it’s just kind of a and?? I’d hate someone to go on my photos from a few years ago and point out I edited my acne scars. Pointless and I hope they don’t do the same in the future.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

There’s all this talk of secret accounts so was phil on the wrong account last night or did he just accidentally retweet something?
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

From what I saw it just seemed like he meant to like a tweet but retweeted it by accident, because he deleted that retweet and then liked the tweet instead. His sleep schedule is insane to me, though. Go to bed dude.